Saving document for mail merge

Can someone help me??  I have created a flyer using Publisher that contains
text as well as pictures, clip art and graphics.  When Publisher saves a
document it uses the *.pub extension and of course mail merge in word will
not accept that extension.  I’ve tried the save it as a *.txt, but get the
message that only the text will be saved and I will lose everything else.  Is
there a better way to save these types of documents? As I no longer have any
hair on my head for trying to figure this out and searching for an answer on
Microsoft’s website?
0
Allen (58)

Sorry all, I'm using MS Office 2003 and of course Publisher 2003 was included.
Thanks.

"Allen" wrote:

> Can someone help me??  I have created a flyer using Publisher that contains
> text as well as pictures, clip art and graphics.  When Publisher saves a
> document it uses the *.pub extension and of course mail merge in word will
> not accept that extension.  I’ve tried the save it as a *.txt, but get the
> message that only the text will be saved and I will lose everything else.  Is
> there a better way to save these types of documents? As I no longer have any
> hair on my head for trying to figure this out and searching for an answer on
> Microsoft’s website?
0
Allen (58)
7/2/2005 7:27:01 PM
Take a look in the Help for mail merge

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Allen" <Allen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can someone help me??  I have created a flyer using Publisher that
> contains
> text as well as pictures, clip art and graphics.  When Publisher saves a
> document it uses the *.pub extension and of course mail merge in word will
> not accept that extension.  I've tried the save it as a *.txt, but get the
> message that only the text will be saved and I will lose everything else.
> Is
> there a better way to save these types of documents? As I no longer have
> any
> hair on my head for trying to figure this out and searching for an answer
> on
> Microsoft's website?

You can use a Word list for mail merge in Publisher, have you tried that solution?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Sorry all, I'm using MS Office 2003 and of course Publisher 2003 was included.
> Thanks.
>
> "Allen" wrote:
>
>> Can someone help me??  I have created a flyer using Publisher that contains
>> text as well as pictures, clip art and graphics.  When Publisher saves a
>> document it uses the *.pub extension and of course mail merge in word will
>> not accept that extension.  I've tried the save it as a *.txt, but get the
>> message that only the text will be saved and I will lose everything else.  Is
>> there a better way to save these types of documents? As I no longer have any
>> hair on my head for trying to figure this out and searching for an answer on
>> Microsoft's website?

0
gsauer (5093)
7/2/2005 7:41:01 PM
Allen <Allen@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> Can someone help me??  I have created a flyer using Publisher that
> contains text as well as pictures, clip art and graphics.  When
> Publisher saves a document it uses the *.pub extension and of course
> mail merge in word will not accept that extension.

What exactly are you trying to do?  Why are you trying to use Word to merge
your document?  If you're created the flyer in Publisher, why not do the
mail merge in Publisher, rather than trying to open the file in Word?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
7/2/2005 7:57:17 PM
I have tried everything and can not seem to get the document to save any
other way then with the 'pub' ending.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> You can use a Word list for mail merge in Publisher, have you tried that solution?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Allen" <Allen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Sorry all, I'm using MS Office 2003 and of course Publisher 2003 was included.
> > Thanks.
> >
> > "Allen" wrote:
> >
> >> Can someone help me??  I have created a flyer using Publisher that contains
> >> text as well as pictures, clip art and graphics.  When Publisher saves a
> >> document it uses the *.pub extension and of course mail merge in word will
> >> not accept that extension.  I've tried the save it as a *.txt, but get the
> >> message that only the text will be saved and I will lose everything else.  Is
> >> there a better way to save these types of documents? As I no longer have any
> >> hair on my head for trying to figure this out and searching for an answer on
> >> Microsoft's website?

0
Allen (58)
7/2/2005 8:17:01 PM
I have and have not been able to come up with a solution, because the help is
no help.

"Don Schmidt" wrote:

> Take a look in the Help for mail merge
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "Allen" <Allen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can someone help me??  I have created a flyer using Publisher that
> > contains
> > text as well as pictures, clip art and graphics.  When Publisher saves a
> > document it uses the *.pub extension and of course mail merge in word will
> > not accept that extension.  I've tried the save it as a *.txt, but get the
> > message that only the text will be saved and I will lose everything else.
> > Is
> > there a better way to save these types of documents? As I no longer have
> > any
> > hair on my head for trying to figure this out and searching for an answer
> > on
> > Microsoft's website?

0
Allen (58)
7/2/2005 8:18:02 PM
I have tried to use the merge in Publisher! After following the promps, at
the end Publisher just goes back to my orginal document and I'm not sure if
anything happend let alone if anything was sent out via e-mail.  Publisher
does not give any indication that anything was done.

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Allen <Allen@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
> utter:
> > Can someone help me??  I have created a flyer using Publisher that
> > contains text as well as pictures, clip art and graphics.  When
> > Publisher saves a document it uses the *.pub extension and of course
> > mail merge in word will not accept that extension.
>
> What exactly are you trying to do?  Why are you trying to use Word to merge
> your document?  If you're created the flyer in Publisher, why not do the
> mail merge in Publisher, rather than trying to open the file in Word?
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
Allen (58)
7/2/2005 8:21:02 PM
Allen <Allen@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> I have tried to use the merge in Publisher! After following the
> promps, at the end Publisher just goes back to my orginal document
> and I'm not sure if anything happend let alone if anything was sent
> out via e-mail.  Publisher does not give any indication that anything
> was done.

Publisher does not support merging to e-mail, and I'm not sure whether Word
does.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
7/2/2005 8:35:20 PM
No, it does not.
Nor can I use Outlook to complete the mail merge because the *pub extention
is not accepted.

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Allen <Allen@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
> utter:
> > I have tried to use the merge in Publisher! After following the
> > promps, at the end Publisher just goes back to my orginal document
> > and I'm not sure if anything happend let alone if anything was sent
> > out via e-mail.  Publisher does not give any indication that anything
> > was done.
>
> Publisher does not support merging to e-mail, and I'm not sure whether Word
> does.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
Allen (58)

Save button 07-06-07
How can I get the form to save data only by pressing the save button and not by closing the form. Also, when I click the save button I want the form to save the record and move on to a blank form ready for the next record and place the cursor in the first field. I also want the form to ask upon closing if I want to save the data if I haven't already saved it. Regards. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200707/1 On Jul 6, 7:26 am, "injanib via AccessMonster.com" <u35551@uwe> wrote: > How can I ge...

Problems with outgoing e-mail
I am having problems sending e-mails out using my Outlook. I am using a high speed connection in my hotel room. The IT person from the hotel said it's because of their security system (spoofing!?!). I am able to use my browser just fine, Yahoo mail works fine, I receive mail in Outlook fine, but can't send any out The error I get is "The SMTP server name you specified cannot be found". The "My server requires authentication" is checked. I'm afraid it is not my Outlook, and the hotel can't do anything else I appreciate anyone's help. On Wed, 19 May 2004...

IMCEA
I am new to Microsoft exchange and am looking out for details on IMCEA (a.k.a. Internet Mail Connector Encapsulated Addressing). 1) The first very basis question is what is IMCEA. 2) How does routing happen when we send an email using IMCEA. 3) Does exchange strip IMCEA<type> string before send the destination address to connector or it sends it as is. E.g. Suppose I have a connector that can understand SMS address type. Now, using OL i send an email to IMCEASMS-123456789@localdomain.local. In this scenario, what will be the recipient addres in my connector? a) IMCEASMS-123456789@l...

Any Help documentation for Exchange 2007?
E2k7' help button gives 'Cannot display Help' Technical details: HC not found. (MS.OSSADMIN.manifest , 1033) Did I miss something? Not all the help is completed in the Beta 2 release. "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote in message news:1161634519.758601.285030@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > E2k7' help button gives 'Cannot display Help' Technical details: HC not > found. (MS.OSSADMIN.manifest , 1033) > Did I miss something? > ...

Publisher Webpage
I have created a web page using Publisher 2003 on our local server. When I upload the web page to an offsite data bank all of my hyperlinks pointing to PowerPoint presentation and Word Documents still point to our local server. Is there an easy way to have the hyperlinks point to the my files on the offsite data bank? -- ckaras Reference: Including external files in a Publisher web http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80561.aspx DavidF "ckaras" <ckaras@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28BD64D5-AAA1-4842-86EF-403C41D2B3B9@microsoft.com....

how i can change default file format Outlook uses to save message
I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages to as "Outlook Message Format - Unicode" ?????? Rajkumar <Rajkumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. > "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". > How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages...

Forwarding e-mail with rules from another e-mail address.
Hi, I have two e-mail accounts. Once I manually forward my mail from the other account to my other e-mail account, I would like Company X's mail to go in the Company X's folder. Any ideas as to how to set up a rule for this? Thanks in advance. Just edit the Rule to add a move action. <moochito@invalid.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:99cmp1pkc7qnp96bp4k72aiogvc11jntb4@4ax.com... > Hi, > > I have two e-mail accounts. > > Once I manually forward my mail from the other account to my other > e-mail account, I would like Company X's mail to go in the C...

Why does Excel ask to save when no changes were made?
This does not pertain to a new document. I open an existing document just to look at it, and when I go to close it, Excel asks if I want to save the document. No changes were made, so it shouldn't have to be saved. It's annoying. Mike One explanation could be that there is a time formula in a cell that has updated on openeing so the worksheet will have changed. -- Mike When competing hypotheses are equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. Occam''''s razor (Abbrev) &...

windows mail
My windows mail is not working, it will not let me send out any messages and this just started today, I was able to send out messages a couple days ago. Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what the problem may be? Thanks Diana, This newsgroup deals with Microosft Acccess, a relational database application. Your best bet is to try a newsgroup that deals with your particular email program. (Outlook? OutlookExpress?) -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll neve...

Save As DBF
Saving files as .dbf has been omitted from Excel 2007. My GIS staff use this quite extensively. What are other GIS users using to create the DBF files since 2007 can not make them? Access can make the DBF files, you just end up two stepping it. Niteschool wrote: > Saving files as .dbf has been omitted from Excel 2007. My GIS staff use this > quite extensively. What are other GIS users using to create the DBF files > since 2007 can not make them? Niteschool wrote: > Saving files as .dbf has been omitted from Excel 2007. My GIS staff use this > quite extensively. W...

Outlook client for CRM V3
We have a client who has users who want to make changes to the 'my contacts' local data group, so they sync their Outlook contacts with CRM. They all use the desktop client. But the save button is greyed out. They have a CRM role assigned with the Outlook sync permission and they have local admin rights. I've also checked they have write permissions to the C:\Documents and Settings\User.Name\Application Data\Microsoft\MSCRM folder and it's subfolders. What else could be disabling the save option? Becuase My Contacts is a default group, I don't think you can make c...

how to produce a csv file from a unicode-saved text file
Friends, I have an excel spreadsheet (version 2000) that has Japanese characters. I would like to save it as unicode text file so that I can FTP it to my unix box for loading into an Oracle database. When I save the file as unicode text, it properly preserves the characters, but using whitespace as the delimiters. I would like to change this to a csv, but when I save as the file as CSV, the Japanese characters turn into set of ?? symbols. Is there any way around to create the unicode text file with delimiters other than whitespace? Thanks for any ideas. - Sal ...

blocking incomming mail
How do I block incomming mail except from addresses I have in my address book? Outlook version please??????? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, George asked: | How do I block incomming mail except from addresses I have in my | address book? What version of Outlook do you have ? Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] wrote: > Outlook version please??????? > > --=81 > Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] > > P...

Junk mail folder synchronization
Dear all, Our server is running win server 08 + exchange 07 and our staff use outlook 03. We all have two mailboxes in outlook, one is server mailbox, another one is pst file store in local pc. We have the email synchronize problem in junk mail folder that some of the junk mail auto synchronize to local pc mailbox but some of the junk mail received in server mailbox. Why some of the junk mail cannot receive in local pst mailbox? Is it having some problem on Exchange server? Thank you very much. Best regards, KenL "KenL" <goukilee@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message news:uM...

numerals in a mail merge
Word 2003 on Windows XP I have some numbers with varying numbers of decimals. I have them in Excel. I formated them with two decimal places. When I bring them in to Word as a data source, they are showing a larger number of decimal places in some cases. 0.2 in Excel may come out as .200000000001, for example. ( I am guessing at the number of zeroes) Next, I copied the numbers and pasted them in NotePad to lose any formating and then pasted them into a new spreadsheet. But when I bring these into a mail merge, I am getting the same results. What am I doing wrong? I would l...

question about a code to "save as"
i have a command button on a spread sheet that, when clicked, will sav the spread sheet in a folder and name it, depending what is in certai cells. my problem is where i want it saved. right now, i have all spread sheets being saved into one certai folder, but i would like the spread sheet to be saved into a folde that is specified in cell d2. this is the code i have now. Sub Save_As_FileName() FName1 = Range("d2").Value FName2 = Range("d3").Value FName3 = Range("d5").Value FName4 = Range("d6").Value Fname5 = Range("d7").Value pth = "f:...

Missing commas in csv save
Hi I have a question about saving to csv files, in some circumstances a leading "," is being dropped and I wanted to know if there is a way around it. Explanation of situation first, then the specific question releated to the situation at the end. I have some code which copies a table from an Excel workbook, pastes it into a new workbook, and then saves that workbook as a csv file: Code something like: Application.Goto Reference:=strDataRange Selection.Copy Workbooks.Add Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _ False, Transpos...

Undelivered message for mail I didn't send
I'm starting to get some "undelivered mail" messages and the address that is shown is one that I haven't sent mail to, EVER. What is wrong, and how do I fix it? Thanks. is it spam or legit mail? Spammers often forge the from address so it has a better chance of getting through spam filters. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and...

Office 2007 Word will not save
Running office 2007 but it will now not save any Word document created using save or save as, this is on a Vista os . I have tried uninstalling defragmenting and reinstalling but issue continues, error report is as follows. Please help as I cant do any work now. Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: WINWORD.EXE Application Version: 12.0.4518.1014 Application Timestamp: 45428028 Fault Module Name: unknown Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 00000001 OS Vers...

looking for mail server for testing client on local machine
I am developing software for add-in on Outlook client, but am doing this in a 'closed' development environment. I'm looking for a 'pseudo-mail-server' that could run on the local machine to send and receive emails (testing environment only). Someone must have done this before.... If you use your favorite search engine for look for "free POP3 server," = you should find what you need.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart ...

how do I delete a blank second page on a document I have saved
I have a document saved in word which has a blank second page that prints out every time I print the document. How do I delete tat page without deleting my saved document? See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Butter" <Butter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E03F3F53-78F9-4873-97F0-961A7A311FA8@microsoft.com... >I have a document saved in word which has a blank second page that prints >out > every time I print th...

mail merge #19
I am trying to print 220+ newsletters with mail merge. in the past (without mail merge) they have printed form my computer to the copier (Toshiba estudio 3511) with out problems. they are 4 pages, ledger paper with a fold in the middle. when I tried to print them with mail merge, if I ask it to fold, it printed all the newsletters folded them in half all together. is there a way to print them individually, or is there a setting in publisher somewhere that will keep them from printing alltogether? From Ed Bennett: Publications are not individually collated and stapled when you use t...

Automized E-mail dispatch
Hi! I am looking for a way to automatically send an email each monday from a machine with no user logged in. Problem is, the mail needs to contain one of these outlook survey fields where receipients can click "Yes I have read this email and understood its contence" or something like that. Is there a way to do that without actually starting up outlook? Kind Regards Fabienne fabienne.rakusan@gmx.at <fabienne.rakusan@gmx.at> wrote: > I am looking for a way to automatically send an email each monday from > a machine with no user logged in. There MUST be a user logged i...

Problem Saving
Wow, got a good one and finding nothing... I have a user who checks out a file, (Excel in this case), Edits the tile, saves and checks back in via Excel. Then when another user opens said file the changes are not present. The version history lists the revision time and date by the user but the changes are not present. No errors on saving or checking in, nothing. Extremely weird and I was wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this... WSS 3.0 Client is Windows 7/IE8/Office 2007. Any ideas are welcome... Thanks, Derek Weird. May not have anything to do w...

Finding worksheet I saved over.
I opened a new worksheet while still working on saved one. Did not realise that when I saved it saved it over the previous one. Is there any way to retreive it, or has it gone forever. I am just learning and need help. Linda, It is gone forever unless you have a backup. Excel should have prompted you about "The file exists.. are you SURE?" HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Linda" <lindasknitting@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:6F304A94-56F2-4F2A-8B57-AFA6F63459EB@microsoft.com... >I opened a new worksheet while still working on saved one. Did not realise &g...