Saving default tabs

I can't seem to get a change in the default tab setting to
save.

When I reopen  publisher the tab setting reverts to .5
which was original default.

I'm I the only person who is having this problem?  I'm
using the 2003 verson but had the same problem with 2000.
0
anonymous (74722)

Why not take the default page, set the tabs you want and save it as a
template with a file name of,

"My Very Special Tabs Settings for Future Files.pub"
(jerking your chain a bit<G>)

Then when you want to create what you want, use your created template file
and when your pub file is what you want, do a Save as whatever.

--
Don
--------

"Tye" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can't seem to get a change in the default tab setting to
> save.
>
> When I reopen  publisher the tab setting reverts to .5
> which was original default.
>
> I'm I the only person who is having this problem?  I'm
> using the 2003 verson but had the same problem with 2000.

---

Engineer1 (288)

Saving email etc to rebuild PC
This is probably so simple but how do you save all your email in Outlook 2k and Express so that when I format the HD on my PC and upgrade from WIN2K and Office 2K to WIN XP and Office XP I can access all my previous email, contacts etc. Thanks, Darrin DJ <g@djphotography.net> wrote: > This is probably so simple but how do you save all your > email in Outlook 2k and Express so that when I format the > HD on my PC and upgrade from WIN2K and Office 2K to WIN XP > and Office XP I can access all my previous email, contacts > etc. See http://www.slipstick.com/config/bac...

diasable "save as"
I setup a vb that disables the save as on the file menu. the code works as expected. But only if I click on run in the VB editor. In general I have sub command saveas enable=false (not exact syntax ) end sub How do I get this to execute when I open the workbook? When I close the workbook I want to reverse the code so that the next workbookthat is opened does not have saveas greyed. I have the code, but where to put it, so that it executes, is my problem. >I setup a vb that disables the save as on the file menu. > the code works as expected. But only if I click on run in the VB edit...

Auto-Save attachments in Outlook 2003 ???
Hi, Having spent hours searching for an answer to this and finding lots of replies quoting VBA scripts etc, I am only marginally wiser ! I can't believe that an app as complex as Outlook 2003 doesn't have a built-in facility to automatically save attachments !! This seems such a glaringly obvious omission, I am inclined to think it has been done deliberately for some strange reason. Please can someone help here - all I want to do is create a rule that will check for a message from a certain sender and automatically save any attachments to a specified folder. That's all. I don&...

Defaults for Public folders
Is there a way to automatically have public folders use the public store defaults when I create a new folder? I create a lot of folders and I have I have to change the item size limit on every folder and would rather just have it do it automatically. Thanks, Sander System policies - Public store policy is what you want. Regards, Boris "Sander" <noemail@noemail.com> wrote in message news:%23kj%23vJj3EHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to automatically have public folders use the public store > defaults when I create a new folder? I create a lot o...

DEFAULT TEXT BOX FONTS
Hi, In Publisher 2003, it's possible to set fill and line settings as defaults, so that when you create a new text box it automatically uses them . . . However, does anyone know of a way to associate a font (or preferably a style) with new text boxes, so that when you create one the correct typeface is automatically selected? Thanks Open the Font Schemes from the format menu, click "Styles and Formatting", click Create new style. Setting Text Defaults using Normal.pub http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/normal.pub Right-click the text box, click format text box, C...

chart templates
Hello, sorry for not knowing the exact english terms as I am using the german versions of Office. In Office 2007 chart templates exists. But I have not found the setting to change the standard folder where they are saved. Right now it is C:\Documents and settings\USERNAME \Anwendungsdaten(?)\Microsoft\Templates\Charts. How can I change that path? Only in Word 2007 you can set the standard folders. But I haven't found the appropriate setting there! I want to set the standard folder to the server so every user can use the same chart templates! If I put a template file (*.crtx) on the Se...

Shut down PC and Didn't save excel Doc, can it be recovered
A user shut down his computer last night without saving some "important" excel document. His autorecover was set to 5 minutes. How do I restore this document? Boris I doubt if he will find any backup to recover. Autorecovery is not the same as "autosave", which overwrote the original at timed increments. When Excel closes, the autorecovery file is deleted unless Excel experiences a problem. He may be lucky using Start>Programs>MS Office Tools>MS Application Recovery. See Help under "recover files". Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 06:...

Unexpected 'Save Changes in Book1' prompt
Running Office 2000 Whenever I exit a workbook I now get the following prompt: 'do you want to save the changes you made to Book 1' I've repaired my Office installation, but this had no effect. Any ideas? There are some worksheet functions that are volatile--that are recalculated when excel recalcs. AREAS() CELL() INDIRECT() ROWS() COLUMNS() NOW() TODAY() RAND() Any of these functions in formulas could make excel think your workbook has changed. Glynn Taylor wrote: > > Running Office 2000 > > Whenever I exit a w...

Protected Worksheet Tab Order
I have a protected worksheet in Excel. After I protected the sheet I selected a range of cells that users could edit. When the sheet is protected the tab order for the range of cells that the user could edit will not work, I can nagivate using the arrows but not by tabbing. Does anyone know how to set the tab order on a protected worksheet? You must select the range of editable cells BEFORE you protect the sheet. Format these cells to "unlocked" then protect the sheet. Tab order will be left to right then down, left to right. If you have some other Tab order you wi...

Excel Save As getting "folder is read only" error.
I'm getting a "folder is read only" error when trying to use "save as" to save a file. I can use save as from another computer, logged in to the network the same without the error. The machine getting the error can copy and paste files to the folders without error, just happens when using the "save as" from the file menu. Is there someplace to change folder attributes that only office 2003 is using? OK, I've figured this one out myself. When using a Novell server and Office 2003, it would seem that it is necessary to use Novel Client 4.83 sp...

tab
is there anyway to format tab of the sheet in EXCEL? Frank Excel 2002(XP) and 2003 will allow colored tabs. Right-click on the tab and select "tab color". Versions earlier did not allow coloring. You can change the size and font in earlier versions by changing Display Properties. The size of the sheet tabs are governed by the setting for Scrollbars in Windows Display Appearance. Mine are at 18. Start there and work your way up or down. So: with Excel Application closed. Win98 Start > Settings > Control Panel > Display > Appearance "Item" drop down se...

Save query result in a variable
hi! hope you can help me AGAIN! i have a form that let's the user pick a name, job, between dates, tax(with or without) and percentage. this is for calculating the comision each employee has earned. i did this by a query that gets the info from the form adn then opens a report and in the report i make the calculations. but it turns out that several employees have 2 or more "jobs" and for each one diferent % of comission. the form and the reports handdle it fine, i'm looking for a way to add all of this reports for each person. i was thinking of saving the sum of each que...

I did not save changes in Excel and now I lost data. Go Back?
I was asked if I wanted to save changes in Excel and I said no. Now I have lost valuable data. Can I go back and get those previous changes? If you opened a workbook and made changes then said "No" to save changes, you are out of luck. Start typing<g> Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:34:01 -0800, "brian" <brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I was asked if I wanted to save changes in Excel and I said no. Now I have >lost valuable data. Can I go back and get those previous changes? ...

Saving Window Sizes
I use multiple Windows in running Outlook 2000. I clicked on Exit and Log off and when I ran Outlook 2000 again, the multiple windows and size reappeared. In Windows XP, I set up the multiple windows, close, but only the one window appears. The extra windows do not appear nor are the sizes the same. Has this changes from 2000 to XP? thxs srm Outlook 2002 has changed slightly, use File > Exit (which didn't work on Outlook 2000) "srm" <srm@primatech.com> wrote in message news:%23eGP$A2WDHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I use multiple Windows in running Outlook ...

Tab Key problems
Help - All of a sudden my Tab key will not work in a worksheet. If another program is open, when I press Tab the other program opens. If nothing but Excel is open, nothing happens. I am lost without the use of my Tab key! I already checked Tools-Options-Transition key - that wasn't the problem. Thanks. ESL, Do you have a stuck Alt or Ctrl key? Jim Cone San Francisco, USA ----- Original Message ----- From: "ESL in Tyler" <ESL in Tyler@discussions.microsoft.com> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.misc Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 1:53 PM Subject: Tab Key problems...

Resetting default row height to allow display of wrapped text
I'm using Excel 2000 and XP Pro. I'm formatting a text page whereby users can input text into a column and I want the text to wrap so that whatever the length of their text we see it all. On a default page it works fine. However I tinkered with the row height for font purposes and now the text will wrap but the row won't expand to fit the whole text. How do I reset the row/sheet or whatever to get the display I want? Thanks -- Stilson Snow There is a limit to how much text will display within a cell and how much text displays in the formula bar. Goto excel help and enter...

Tab key press does not work when MS flex grid presend on CFormView Based views
When dynamically create a MS Flex Grid based grid control on a CFormView based view in MFC application, tab will stop working after one press which will put the last columns header of the grid control in focus and you could not tab anymore. You have to move the carrot to another control on the view manually using mouse, then the tab will start working again. This only happens with the .NET VS 2003 and 2005 compiler. Hi Dennis, I have performed some tests on this issue and could repro the problem in our side. In VS2003 and VS2005, if the MSFlexGrid control created dynamically withi...

Pub 02 saving excel sheet as picture
I am having trouble with Publisher 2002 (XP) saving my embedded excel spreadsheets as pictures. Once it does that, I have to recreate the entire sheet or pull up an older version of the file. Is there a setting that is causing this? Please help! Create a linked object or embedded object from part of an existing file. Open the file that contains the information you want to create a linked object or embedded object from, and then select the information. On the Standard toolbar click Copy or Cut . Switch to the file where you want to place the information, and then click where you want...

How do you reset windows size to default?
How do you reset windows explorer size to default? I mean the size of the windows explorer right after you installed Windows, and you have not resized it. On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 02:05:43 -0700, Peter <peter@nomorenewspamin.ca> wrote: How do you reset windows explorer size to default? I mean the size of the windows explorer right after you installed Windows, and you have not resized it. Hi Peter Den 07.04.2010 kl. 12:55 skrev Peter <peter@nomorenewspamin.ca>: > On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 02:05:43 -0700, Peter <peter@nomorenewspamin.ca> > wrote: > > H...

cell format default
I am using Excel 2003 and the default cell format on every Excel file is General of course. I want to change it to a different format as defualt whenever I open Excel. Is there a way to do this? I cannot find this anywhere Select all cells, change it to the format you want. Do this for each sheet. Save the workbook as Book.Xlt and give it the file type of Template (do this part first), and save it in the XLSTART directory - usually in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\XLSTART Close the workbook. From now on, every workbook will be a copy of this. If you ever want to revert to n...

last saved by on footer
How do I put whoever saved last on the footer or better yet whomever is using the file and prints it. Hi Ismael, Do you mean the network user's name or the Excel user name. If the latter, then put this code in the ThisWorkbook code module Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) ActiveSheet.PageSetup.LeftFooter = Application.UserName End Sub If it's the former, it's a bit more complicated, but not too much Private Declare Function GetUserName Lib "advapi32.dll" _ Alias "GetUserNameA" _ (ByVal lpBuffer As String, _ nSize As Long)...

how can I set a default language in PPT2007?
unlike Word, PPT does not appear to let the user define a default language that is used throughout a complete ppt document. PPT picks up the language from your keyboard. You can specify the language on your placeholders. Go to View | Slide Master, select the various placeholders, then choose the language for them on the Review tab. You can use the code at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;245468 to change the language throughout the presentation. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/...

Make Home my default for address and phone number
I have Outlook 2003, and I sync into OutlookPC. The majority of my contacts are personal with no business address. However, I may have a business phone number. I want to make HOME address my default in Outlook. I also want the HOME phone to be above the work phone. I can change it in Outlook, but a sync will not change it on the PocketPC. I really don't want to open each name on the PocketPC to get the home phone #. ...

Word Template created in Word 2008 (mac) won't save on Word 2007 (vista)

Synchronisation hangs during save of synchronisation log.
We're using Exchange Server 2000 with an Outlook 2002 client. When we synchronise the offline folders outlook hangs after it tries to save the synchronisation log (at 50%). Can somebody help please? Thanks in advance! ...