Saving default tabs

I can't seem to get a change in the default tab setting to
save.

When I reopen  publisher the tab setting reverts to .5
which was original default.

I'm I the only person who is having this problem?  I'm
using the 2003 verson but had the same problem with 2000.
0
anonymous (74722)

Why not take the default page, set the tabs you want and save it as a
template with a file name of,

"My Very Special Tabs Settings for Future Files.pub"
(jerking your chain a bit<G>)

Then when you want to create what you want, use your created template file
and when your pub file is what you want, do a Save as whatever.

--
Don
--------

"Tye" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can't seem to get a change in the default tab setting to
> save.
>
> When I reopen  publisher the tab setting reverts to .5
> which was original default.
>
> I'm I the only person who is having this problem?  I'm
> using the 2003 verson but had the same problem with 2000.

---

Engineer1 (288)

how to format :send picture with message: as a default
each time i sent a graphic i must go to the format and click "send picture with message." how do I make this a default so it is there permanently.I am running on a Windows XP and am using Outlook Express for my mail. LYNNY <LYNNY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > each time i sent a graphic i must go to the format and click "send > picture with message." how do I make this a default so it is there > permanently.I am running on a Windows XP and am using Outlook Express > for my mail. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Saving Monthly Accounts and starting a new Month?
Hi Everyone, I really enjoy the Access Database System it has helped me a lot with my accounts but I must be doing something wrong because, I keep opening new databases for each month instead of it following on from the previous month and using the same "Categories!." So my question is How do I save the previous month and let it be stored, and start a new month on the same system or page but without adding up what has been put in the system... If you know what I`m on about. Thank you Angeldelight... melting in the UK weather :) Hard to advise without some info ...

Renaming A Tab
Hi All Does anybody know if it is possible to rename tab as a cell refference. i.e. "Sheet1" becomes =A1 Does that mean anything??? Thanks Mark -- mark_richards ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mark_richards's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19247 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=479475 In VBA Activesheet.Name = Range("A1").Value -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "mark_richards" <mark_richard...

Saving an Attachment
I am trying to make up a rule in Outlook 2002 to take every message with Subject "ACT! Sync" and save the attachment to a particular folder, then delete the message... I'm sure I have to write a script or perform a custom action, but I'm not sure on how to do this.. can somebody help? There are some utilities that will do that here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm ExLife is one notable. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questio...

alter default view for operations
I'd like to just see parameter types, not names. I don't want to see: methodName( in request : LongRequestObjectName ) : ResponseObjectName I'd like to see: methodName( LongRequestObjectName ) : ResponseObjectName -------------- Justin ...

Save a Copy/Overwrite changes dialog box
All of a sudden, this dialog box pops up every time I want to save something in Excel 2002. The box says, "The file '<file name>' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do? __ Save a Copy __ Overwrite changes even though I'm the only user that's changed anything in the past 3 years. The shared workbook command has not been changed at all, so that can't be the problem. The settings are the same as the ones I have at home for personal spreadsheets that don't have this dialog box. Help! Than...

Creating a new default message template
I have a email template that I want to make the default. In other words, when you click on New to create a new email, I want the message template that I have created to come up as the default. Does anyone know how to do this? What you are proposing is a very bad idea. Using a custom form as the = default for new messages will guarantee that non-Outlook recipients = won't be able to read attachments you send.=20 I'd suggest that you back up and explain what functionality you were = hoping to add by changing the message form, and in what version of = Outlook.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, ...

Getting back a deleted test frame after saving the changes
My son just deleted a text frame with all his work and started a new text frame and then when asked if he wanted to save his work he clicked yes. Is there any way to retrieve that missing text frame when it won't allow you to undo? On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 16:04:01 +0100, Denise wrote (in article <09056FDE-03FC-4988-8AB0-D1EA0896BFC7@microsoft.com>): > My son just deleted a text frame with all his work and started a new text > frame and then when asked if he wanted to save his work he clicked yes. Is > there any way to retrieve that missing text frame when it won't a...

Changing default address book from Global to Contacts
I would like to change the Outlook 2000 default of listing the Global Adress book from our internal network to opening our shared business contacts when you click the "To:" button when addressing a new email. Does anybody know how to accomplish this? Thank you in advance. Go to Tools > Options > Addressing Tab and choose which Contacts folder to show first. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Brad Streeeer" <brad@aerospecialties.com> wrote in message news:0b2501c3c3f4$f69d8220$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to change the Outlook 2000 default of listing &...

email defaults to personal folder
Hello we have run into a new problem at my work. About 5 new people started recently and the all tried to open their email accounts before they were properly setup. Because no server was entered they now have a top folder called "Personal Folders". What we have been doing to fix the situation is to right click on the outlook icon choose > properties > email accounts > Add a new email account. This method then adds the user's mailbox to outlook. The problem however is that we have lost old calendar information as well as the mail defaults to the personal folder ...

Saving one page -- as Template?
Therre are several pages in a 40-page booklet I want to save to use in future editions. Is there a method to save these pages for re-us? Or must I save the entire publication as a Template? Can I copy single pages and paste in another .pub file? Save the entire document and delete out the pages you don't want. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "cuig" <cuig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16052168-6085-43D0-AD8B-2CF4839933FC@microsoft.com... > Therre are several pages in...

Save data before printing
Hello all, An acquiantence is programming in Excel 2003 and has a sheet where theuser enters receipt data. When he is done, he clicks a boton to copythe data from the sheet to another in tabular form withinthe same workbook. What he needs to do is to implement a lock so that the user can't print out the receipt until after he has clicked the boton. His button click event code is the following: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Application.ScreenUpdating = False 'Copy data to BD2 sheet Sheets("BD2").Unprotect With Sheets("BD2").Range("A1000&qu...

Defaults in Publisher 2003
Is there a way of changing defaults in Publisher 2003. Specifically I want to: * set default measurement unit to centimeters * set default border of a text box to black line, .75 pt * set Tools menu>Commercial Printing Tools>Fonts so that TrueType fonts are always embedded. Many thanks Chris ...

Combo box default value multiautocomplete
Hi All i have a subform with 10 item. The first one is a combo box that can choose the value from a list that is linked to a table with many record. This subform is related to the master form with link master field codice,cognome,nome link child field codice,cognome,nome that are the other items that are not visualize in the subform. These link give me the right connection to the master form. Normally when i choose the value from list (table) i place also all the other item in the subform using this code in after update precedure Me.ISEE.Value = Me.ISEE.Column(0) Me.F_Costo_con_M...

Web hyperlinks: default browser and resulting browser window size?
Hi, Am using Excel 97 (I know it is old but I like it!) with Windows XP Pro (SP2). Have a series of web hyperlinks in a worksheet, that load the current chart for a specified chart, from Yahoo Finance. For example: http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/c/1y/c/tls.ax will load the chart for the Australian telco "Telstra". All the links work just fine but have two questions: 1) My default internet browser is Firefox but the links always open Internet Explorer. Is there a way to ensure that Firefox is used? 2) The loaded chart appears in a maximised IE window. Which is a bit silly as t...

Saving emails to harddrive
I get several emails regarding various topics and I'd like to save them by topic on my harddrive. Usually I have to copy the text to notepad and then to .docx. on Word 2007. Surely there is a better way to save emails to the harddrive. I just drag them from Outlook Express into the folder window where I want to keep them. Hope this helps. Pete On Oct 15, 2:06 pm, bretsharon <bretsha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I get several emails regarding various topics and I'd like to save them by > topic on my harddrive. Usually I have to copy the text to notepad a...

How to get task manager CPU and default memory column values
I need to return CPU and memory columns for each process in server from web service like task manager shows by default. I tried code below but s.TotalProcessorTime throws Win32exception with stack below. How to get CPU and real memory size from server using web service ? Andrus. static void Processes(StringBuilder sb) { List<Process> processes = new List<Process>(); foreach (Process process in Process.GetProcesses()) processes.Add(process); processes.Sort((a, b) => { ...

Print multiple tabs on one page
How to print multiple tabs in excel onto one page in one print job? Tab1 and tab2 have different format and cannot be combined into one tab. Need to print the two worksheets one on top of each other is the same direction. Tried Report Manager but printed on two pieces of paper. Any suggestions? One way to accomplish something like this is to play around with "pictures". I'm on an XL97 machine now so, When you hold down <Shift> and hit <Edit>, you get a different dialog box .... one that contains "picture " options. So, select an entire sheet, or p...

Set receive connector back to its defaults
Hello all I need to set the receive connector on the hub transport role back to its defaults. I am running the command set-receiveconnector -identity (name of connector) -permissionsgroup (groupnames) i can only add in one group, how can i add multiple groups to the command? What i am trying to acomplish is i dont want my hub transport server to repsond to a SMTP session unless its from the Edge server. I have tried configuring the "receive mail from remote server with ip" i added in the ip of the edge server but that didnt seem to work, as i can open up a telnet session t...

M04, Go to Online Services, default selection
Whenever I synch with my bank, MS Money defaults to 1) Download quotes, News, and Exchange Rates 2) Get the latest money updates I'd prefer to do neither by default. Can I turn these selections to default "off"? TIA ...

changing the default type of searching in the find function
When I try to search something in Excel 2003 the default LOOK IN type is FORMULAS. How do I set VALUE as default? Saved from a previous post: Excel tries to help by remembering the last settings you used--except for the first search in that session. You can use that to your advantage. You could make a dummy workbook and put it in your xlStart folder. Have a macro in that workbook that does a find (and sets all the stuff the way you like). Then closes and gets out of the way. Option Explicit Sub auto_open() Worksheets("sheet1").Cells.Find What:="", After:=A...

Open an offertwindow after you have saved an appointment?
If you are in an appointment a customer would like to have a rollinglist with different status in it. If you choose a special status and you save the appointment as completed the customer would like the offertwindow to open automatically. Does anyone know if this is possible? You would have to do this in javascript on the onsave event. "Martin" wrote: > If you are in an appointment a customer would like to have a rollinglist with > different status in it. If you choose a special status and you save the > appointment as completed the customer would like the offertwin...

In Word 2007, I want to enable tabbing between fields in my .docm
In Developer Mode, how can I set the properties of my fields to support tabbing from one field to another in my Word form? What kind of "fields" did you insert? If they're form fields from the Legacy Controls button, you have to turn off Design Mode and then protect the document for forms. Either click the Protect Document button and go through the Restrict Formatting pain/pane, or add the Lock command to your Quick Access Toolbar. If they're content controls (the other buttons in the Controls group), tabbing between controls other than a Rich Text control w...

Changing shape of default pointer
How do I change the default pointer from a cross to an arrow (or whatever else might be available)? My mouse setting in control panel is for default arrow pointer, which appears in other applications. Thanks, Michael Hi see Excel.misc P.S.: please don't multipost -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Michael wrote: > How do I change the default pointer from a cross to an > arrow (or whatever else might be available)? My mouse > setting in control panel is for default arrow pointer, > which appears in other applications. > > Thanks, > > Michael Hi ...

Default Reply Address/Recipient Update Policy
I have an Exchange 2003 setup on an SBS 2003 server. All users have been created. When I use AD Users and Computers to change one user's default reply address to something other than the alias, it gets changed back automatically. I understand that on user creation, this is what it uses. But, it has always been my understanding that once the user has been created, you can then change on a user basis. I have users in the company that use initials as email, some that use firstinitial/lastname and some that use full name. I have at least 10 other Exchange servers (3 of those being 2000)...