Save Pub file as .jpg

In order to have captioned photos to insert into a manuscript written in MS
Word, I am saving pages from Publisher as .jpg files.  Each page or new .jpg
has a few photos with captions on it.  When I save them, though, the new .jpg
somehow has a vertical line on the left margin that I can't seem to remove.
Help??
--
NoCal Publisher User
0

Importing into Excel from a Text file
We have a text database of about 7,000 rings. It is in a fixed format. Unfortunately some where we have about 4 or five rings whose format is screwed up. We figured by importing to Excel, we should be able to find where the records are to fix them. But, we just can't get the following format to import into excel. If anyone can help us, we sure would appreciate it! Thank you Greg Gates www.ringdesigner.com Each record begins with Begin Product Each record endswith EndProduct a semicolin seperates each record Also there are para symbols at the end of every line Herer are a...

hyperlink to existing excel file
When I create a hyperlink to an existing excel file and then click on it, explorer opens to the folder that the file is in instead of the excel file opening. Just to test I pointed it to a word document and the doc file opened fine. How do I get a hyperlink to open the excel file? Thanks. Are you sure it isn't to the folder instead. Only way I can reproduce that is if I select the folder instead of the file when I create the hyperlink. As expected if I use a hyperlink to a particular file it will open.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "purplehaz" <software@for.me> wrote i...

Save for Web (.htm) file
I have two similarly structured XLS file. One file "A" is much longer...perhaps 2000 rows long...when saved as a htm file it is around 500KB. I take another XLS spreadsheet that looks like the same structure...rows and colums...only about 560 rows...when I save this as webpage .htm it ends up being 11.2MB. What the heck happened? How do I get it down in size. There is no apparent reason why a smaller file ends up being 11 time larger that the smaller file when saved! Thanks, --confused ...

point exchange to a different priv1.edb file
I have a snapshot of my priv1.edb file on a different drive. I know that exchange 2003 lets us me the priv1.edb file to a different location if the file isn't already there. Is there a way to have exchange point to a different priv1.edb and use it? On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 21:31:01 -0700, Han <Han@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >I have a snapshot of my priv1.edb file on a different drive. I know that >exchange 2003 lets us me the priv1.edb file to a different location if the >file isn't already there. > >Is there a way to have exchange point to a differ...

Hyperlink Error
I have a hyperlink set-up for a netwrok file. It works fine, but when the file is copied the hyperlin chages to the folder that the file has been copied to. original link - L:\folder\folder\file Changes to - C:\file How can I get it to keep the original link? Justin ...

getting a single line from a file
I was wondering if someone could tell me how to read a single line from a text file. I tried using getline, but my MFC program does not recognize the getline function. Nor does it recognize <string> or <string.h> or using namespace std. So is there another function that I can use in MFC? Roger Take a look at the CStdioFile MFC class. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "R.H." <roger.huggins@intermec.com> wrote in message news:e98o6IMmDHA.1764@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I was wondering if someone could tell me ho...

overwritten file
I have a client that overwrote an excel sheet. He did not have autorecovery on. Is there any way to recover this document? Sorry, no. -- John johnf202 at hotmail dot com "mark" <mark@mwts.cc> wrote in message news:4c7501c356ae$89ae8500$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have a client that overwrote an excel sheet. He did not > have autorecovery on. Is there any way to recover this > document? Backup file is pretty much his only option if one exists. Has he perhaps sent the file anywhere else that he can get a copy back from, or if so he could possibly still have a ...

File Size #4
Using Windows XP and Office 2007 Is there a reason that Publisher files keep growing in size? We have a weekly bulletin with some static information and some information that changes from week to week. On Monday, we open last week's publication, delete the no-longer-relavent text boxes and pictures, and add new text boxes and pictures for the current week. That has been our standard practice. I just noticed that the file size is increasing exponentially which leads me to believe that even though I delete things, there is still some sort of "ghost" material left in the...

Preventing Excel files from being moved or deleted
What permissions setting is used to prevent users from moving or deleting an Excel file on a network? This is more of an network operating system setting question. I would think putting the file on a share that the users only had readonly access would be enough. But this would mean that the users could still copy (not move) the file. And they wouldn't be able to update the workbook. bg500 wrote: > > What permissions setting is used to prevent users from moving or deleting an > Excel file on a network? -- Dave Peterson All explained in Start>Help and Support "p...

Preventing users from saving forms into unprotected formats
I need to stop users from saving forms into unprotected formats, e.g. RTF (believe it or not, my users like to mess about with form layout, creating business interoperability problems) I have successfully intercepted the FileSave and FileSaveAs commands. I also need to intercept the Save As dialog which comes up for a new dialog when the file is closed, so I'm using a BeforeDocumentClose event handler. I would like them to be able to choose not to save, so I give them a YesNoCancel message, but I can't prevent the regular message coming up if they click No on my message...

Windows Easy Transfer won't load files?
I ran Windows Easy Transfer on my laptop with Windows 7 RC1 to save and move my profile data because Win 7 RC is shutting down. I am trying to install the Windows Easy Tranfer data to Windows Vista Business. Each time I try it won't read the file but keep asking for the drive with the data to be loaded. I tried a test by moving the the data (.MIG) files out of the folder I saved them to and put them in the root of the drive but that didn't help. I tried a test of copying the files to the root of C: and now it actually sees the file for the short test at home I trying in t...

saving Word document to os x server
I have noticed some strange behaviour while save Word 2004 documents to our os x (10.2.8) server. When I open the Word 2004 document and make a change, then save it, it takes forever to save the document (by forever I mean 2-3 times longer than with Word vX). I keep the document open, make another change, then save again, and it takes not so long to save the document (somewhat faster than Word vX). Again making a change, then saving, and faster saving continues until I save and close. If I then re-open the document and save it, it again takes forever to save. In short: after opening ...

publisher 97 won't import a file graph of acceptable quality.
To MSFT: Let me try this again. I have Pub 97 that I must use for writing a manual. I try to import a black and white graphic-a chart, in jpeg or gif or whatever,but the graphic is of such poor quality that it can not be used. This only happens in my Publisher program. I have tried to change the adapter accerleration reading, but it does not help. Does anyone else have this problem with the older version of Pub 97? Do you have this problem with later versions of Publisher? Any ideas are appeciated. Check your graphics filters. Might have some corruption going on. They are in a folder sim...

List of File Extensions
Is there a list somewhere that contains the file extensions used in Office 2003 applications? I need to backup files before re-installing my OS. These include files that store settings, customizations, macros, Outlook address books, etc. ...

Making Design Gallery Objects available to other files in publishe
Hello, I created some custom objects and saved them to the Design Gallery, and they did appear under My Objects. However, I saved the file and opened up a new one and to my shock My Objects was empty. I opened the earlier file where I created and saved the objects and they were still there. Does this mean that the Design Gallery if file-specific and not saved in a Publisher Application file for use in other .pub files? Perhaps that is the default setting that can be changed later. Please help me on this matter. Thank you in advance for your support. Alcide <Alcide@discussions.micr...

Outlook 2003 Autocompletion Cache doesn't save...
I've installed and reinstalled the TechNet Outlook 2003 evaluation software - all works great except the autocompletion cache. I know that I have to type and send a message to fill the cache, and the cache works as long as Outlook is running. When I shut down Outlook, the cache goes away. I followed the Article Q287623 which says to locate and rename the .NK2 file (the cache), but there isn't one. Does anyone know what's up? Create a new profile. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "David Stovall" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Automatic open locked excel file through access control
We know,Excel has prompt password to open it files. Is it possible to create a code that can supplies the excel prompt password?.So that when we open the excel file through our access control in a form, the excel files can be opened automatically.But when the excel files opened from its default icon,it will prompt a password first. On Jul 10, 8:43 pm, "shiro" <s...@play.com> wrote: > We know,Excel has prompt password > to open it files. > Is it possible to create a code that can > supplies the excel prompt password?.So that when we > open the excel file throu...

I can not remove the read only from a file on a cd why
Can someone help me. When I store a file on a cd and then retrieve it, I can not edit it, it comes back as read only. When I go to the file and try to change the attribue within the properties and remove the read only access it is denied. If I save on the hard drive I can make what ever changes I want. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Jeff Smith (212) 929-8024 Jeff, as far as I'm aware, it is still not possible to save a file directly to a CD, as it needs to be "burnt" via burning software . This includes any changes to the file if you have opened it directly from...

Word 2007: how to save to original folder?
How do I force Word 2007 to default to saving files to the folder containing the file I opened? Clearing the "default folder" in the options doesn't do it (at least not with "Save As" when the target is a thumb drive). We generally strongly recommend against saving to (or opening from) any type of removable drive or media. Much safer to save/copy to the HD and then copy/open from there. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "MacAndrewSC" <MacAndrewSC@discussions.microsoft...

Notes to a File
Hello, I use my Notes to store usernames and passwords (bad, I know). I want to transfer them all to a Word File and then delete them but I can't seem to do this in bulk. Any ideas? Thanks! "GeorgeA" <GeorgeA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8115371-3ADE-421B-90A5-3CCB833DC8D0@microsoft.com... > I use my Notes to store usernames and passwords (bad, I know). I want to > transfer them all to a Word File and then delete them but I can't seem to do > this in bulk. Export your Notes folder to a CSV or TSV file and open that in Wor...

Access file size limit for 2003 and 2007 and memory issue
(1) Can someone tell me the max file size of Access file?(2) Also, when I open a 2GB Access file, does it uses 2 GB of memory?The reason I asked is that when I opened such file, I see theavailable memory in the Tasks Manager window went down to zerogradually.(3) I saw some posts that suggested using table link to deal with thesize issue, but would the performance (speed) go down when runningqueries using tables from two different Access file?- Grasshopper - "Grasshopper" <excelmodeling@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1174962344.143858.324700@y66g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...>...

How to save .jpg in Outlook 2003
How do I save .jpg pictures in outlook 2003 I could in OE but not Outlook 03. Also when inserting pictures it distorts them and I would like them to be just the size they are. If I use Outlook Express both work fine. Sorry its .gif that I can't save I can see them but can't save them as .gif outlook 03 will only let me save as .bmp. Outlook exp will let me save them as .gif. "Tink" wrote: > How do I save .jpg pictures in outlook 2003 I could in OE > but not Outlook 03. Also when inserting pictures it > distorts them and I would like them to be just the size ...

Simple File Saving question...
Everytime I open an Excel spreadsheet it opens to the last cell that I edited. Does anyone know how to make an Excel spreadsheet open to the top left cell on the first worksheet everytime... regardless of where I saved it last? Thanks, Ian Hi Ian, Try this Private Sub Workbook_Open() Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate Range("A1").Select End Sub 'This is workbook event code. 'To input this code, right click on the Excel icon on the worksheet '(or next to the File menu if you maximise your workbooks), 'select View Code from the menu, and paste the...

saving a mail merged publication
I'm using Publisher 2002 to create business postcards for our company to send out to real estate agents. I can perform the mail merge just fine, and the merged postcards turn out great. However, we will not be printing the postcards here at the office, we'll be taking them to a pro printer because 3000 postcards is too much for our office printer. Is there a way to save the mail merged postcards to a CD or disk and then take them to the printer, already merged, so they can just open the file and start printing? Would I have to save each merged postcard individually or can the whole...

XSDObjectGen and generating multiple .cs files for multiple schema
I'm looking for a good tool to generate C# classes (from XSD-schemas) to (de-)serialize XML corresponding to those schemas. XSDObjectGen almost meets these requirements -- only, I need to generate a ..cs file for each common .xsd file that is included (xsd:include) -- there are a lot schemas which include several common .xsd files (full schema at http://www.witsml.org/schemas/WITSML120_2003-01-30.zip). The "/s" switch would have beein ideal for this, only it still generates only one .cs file -- maybe this is only for "imported" (as opposed to "included&quo...