Save as Pub 2000 by default

Is there a way to make Pub 2003 save as a Pub 2000 document by default.  Such
as I click the save icon and the document is then saved as a 2000 document
without having to select save as a pub 2000.
0
THOMAS1 (129)

If you save the 2003 as a 2000 document, do editing and resave, you can click
the save icon, the publication will not revert back to 2003. That is as close as
a default you are going to get.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Thomas" <Thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to make Pub 2003 save as a Pub 2000 document by default.  Such
> as I click the save icon and the document is then saved as a 2000 document
> without having to select save as a pub 2000.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Excel 2000 running on Windows XP SP2 does not properly open CSV fi
The same file opened in using Excel 2000 running in Windows 2000 Pro open properly. The rows and columns are formatted properly. The same Excel 2000 opening the same CSV file but on Windows XP SP2 will not properly format the rows and columns. Hi check your regionals ettings in Windows ('Start - Control Panel') I'd suspect you have different column delimiters specified (comas versus semicolons for example) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Oscar" <Oscar@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4985F8F5-5D33-425E-989C-65529CE63D05@mic...

List of Differences Between Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003
I need to spend 45 minutes introducing Outlook 2003 to my Outlook 2000 users. Can anyone provide a site with a succinct list (screenshots would help) of differences between Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003? Many thanks. Tom Are you looking for screenshots of Outlook 2003 or ones comparing OL2000 and 2003? Wouldn't you be a more convincing teacher if used both and took the screenshots yourself? This would help you learn and understand the products better. (Vmware or virtual pc make this really easy and you could show them the differences live. :)) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] ...

View the source of a message (Outlook 2000)
Hi to all! Since some months I search for a possibility to view the entire source of a message in Outlook 2000 SP-3 (background: by some means or other there is sometimes a message slipping through my filters - and then I DO NOT want to see it in Outlook's state-of-the-art multimedia viewer). In case you have questions: Yes, I know that I can view the header of the message by right-clicking on it in the overview and selecting "Options". Yes, I know that I can view the source of just the body by right-clicking on it in the message view and selecting "View source". B...

Stem-and-leaf display\Excel 2000
Create a stem-and-leaf display using Excel 2000, using either character or numeric data. Any help or information is appreciated. Thank you. This Google search yields 46,500 results http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&safe=off&as_qdr=all&q=excel+chart+stem+leaf&btnG=Search -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "fjm" <fjm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:336E0EC1-A433-4112-A268-A30BFA44CFC6@microsoft.com... > Create a stem-and-leaf display using Excel 2000, using either character or > numeric data. Any...

Saving data in Access table with VB ?
I have a form with a button and if you click the button, a list of invoices are generated and saved in the table 'Invoice'. Problem is, the data isnt saved :( Here's my code: Private Sub Knop0_Click() Dim Invoicenr As Long Dim Invoicedate As Date stdocname = "Invoice" DoCmd.OpenTable stdocname, acViewNormal, acAd Invoicenr = 111111 Invoicedate = Now DoCmd.Save acTable, stdocname End Sub What am I doing wrong ? Answered in microsoft.public.access "Bauhaus" <niemandhier@pandora.be> wrote in message news:7Exii.2418$yf6.1885@biebel.telenet-ops.be...

scripting adding obj-users and mdb-use-defaults to exchange 5.5 users
I have successfully created a script for creating exchange 5.5 users. I can't however, figure out how to add the assoc-nt-account to the obj-users [pseudo attribute] or set MDB-Use-Defaults to True :-( Can anyone offer advice on how to do this [other than generate a CSV file and use the exchange admin tool to import it]? Thanks Wayne ...

Excel 2000 Unicode
Hi I am traing to run database query from Excel 2000 against database SQL Anywhere. Everything is fine but tre return data is not in Unicode(Greek). On some other databases the conversion works fine - they are convertet to Unicode in greek. Any ideia how this conversion work in Excel 2000 and why is working only in selected databases? It is probably the ODBC driver - check sybase's web site or call their support people to see if you need a different one. On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 13:14:53 +0200, "Greg" <gcholakidis@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi I am traing to run database query...

Why am I prompted to save?
Why is it when closing certain files that I�m prompted to save when I haven�t changed a thing? This question was posted earlier about a month ago from someone else and the response didn�t explain anything. I understand why certain functions such as TODAY() and NOW() would require the save dialog to pop up on closing but why INDIRECT, OFFSET or CELL ect., what�s happening with these functions? I don�t get it. Matt -- Flintstone ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Flintstone's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=...

Save Link Problem
Hi I run Windows 2000 & Excell 2000 with service pack 3. I have an autoshape button that I have added a hyperlink to which opens a html file on a server. When I add the hyperlink and press the autoshape it takes me to the file ok. I can do this as many times as I like and it works ok. The problem arises after I save the spreadsheet. As soon as I save the spreadsheet the hyperlink no longer works. I get the error message "The address of this site is not valid, Check the address and try again". To add some more mystery to this, I emailed the file to a friend and he inserte...

outlook 2000 #13
I am helping someone set up multiple email accounts in Outlook 2000. When I am sending mail ... how do i specify which account the mail is being sent from ? Do I have to change the default account in some way ? No matter what I do the mail appears to have been sent from his local ISP account. in newer versions there is an account button next to send, and in outlook express I have a pull down From field to select. Any help would be great, Thanks, Jesse What mode have you configured Outlook 2000 in? If you're not sure, open Help | About Microsoft Outlook and look at the second line -...

Macro to "save as"
Hi, Am using excel 2003 and am wanting to create a macro, attached to a button, that will save as a particular cell #, say A2, and then print. Have the print down pat, but can't figure out the save as part....... -- Thanks for the help What is in cell A2? Try things like these, depending on what you have and what you want to do.... ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Range("A2").Value & ".xls" ThisWorkbook.SaveCopyAs Range("A2").Value & ".xls" ThisWorkbook.SaveAs "C:\Folder Path\" & Range("A2").Value & ".xls", Ad...

How do I unlock pub.2000 to open pub2000 files?
When I attempt to open file previously created in Pub2000 get message saying file is locked because it is currently being used by another program. Close other program and then try opening or importing file again. Problem is I do not see or know of any open file Is the file on your hard drive? Right-click the file, properties, is the "read only" checked? If it is clear it. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "allyas77" <allyas77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90C68EDD-A448-4...

how to use "barcode" in excel 2000??
Dear all, i would like to set up an inventory system for recording the stuff. previously, i have a long table of data in excel. i need to do some tasks: 1)print the barcode out for each item 2)scan the barcode for checking the inventory. i have no idea how to start, install barcode fonts? what i have to buy and do i need to write "MARCOS"? Please help me! manymany thanks. gg It depends on how you intend printing the labels. If you're wanting simple all in one solution, 'Bizfonts' (http://www.bizfonts.com/) ca help. Another way is to use a 'bar code module (ht...

Saves to History, etc.
Regarding saves to History, saves to Recent Documents, saves to documents, how does one turn off those saves? Log on as Guest. b11_ wrote: > Regarding saves to History, saves to Recent Documents, saves to documents, > how does one turn off those saves? Thanks Bob for the info but as a guest wouldn't I have a problem installing new software __________________________________________________________ "Bob I" wrote: > Log on as Guest. > > b11_ wrote: > > Regarding saves to History, saves to Recent Documents, saves to documents, > &...

CSV, Milliseconds default formatting of mm:ss.0
When I generate some CSV files I need to include milliseconds. When anyone opens the file in Excel (in my case part of Office 2003, SP2) the datetimes appear with a default formatting of mm:ss.0. This is frustrating and appears unprofessional on my part when clients open the file. They assume I have made some sort of mistake. I have already thought of generating using =DATE(blah)+TIME(blah)+millis/(24*60*60*1000) but I don't like the idea. How can I change the default format so that it would be something more sensible and my clients and I could avoid the drudgery of clicking on the...

Saving email attachments
Receive the following error message when selecting File, Save Attachments on an email with several files attached: File name is not valid ...

Changing Default Contacts List for E-mail
I have two separate Contacts lists open. When I go to select names for the e-mail addresses, Outlook always defaults to the wrong list, and I have to manually select the other one. How can I change the default list that shows up when I click on the "to:" header field in an e- mail? Outlook version? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Michael Leu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:056501...

Saving
I work on file that has several sheets in it and I only access one of those sheets and add data to it after I am done adding the data I click on the save bottom and I get amessage saying that your file has been saved as "527E5100" and it's no longer has the extention of ".xls" and the file is no longer saved as an excel version. I access the file 5 days a week and on Monday,tuesday and Friday it saves fine but On Wed and Thursday I have the problem mentioned above. this has been going on for the last 4 weeks. I have already reloaded my office products but...

Excel could not save all the data and formatting you recently added
Hi, One of our users sent me an Excel file of 6 MiB. It has 7 worksheets. Most of them have <100 rows and AH columns, one sheet has 13160 rows and AH columns. The large sheet has autofilter enabled, but no actual filtering is done. (yet) 4 columns have validation: they allow a list of values specified in a range somewhere else in the sheet. There is also conditional formatting. It takes >30 seconds to calculate the sheet, however there are no real calculations, just a few concatenated string. My first impression is that this is yet another example of Excel (ab)used as a database. The p...

Outlook 2000 HELP ! ! !
I had to un-install Outlook thru the add/remove program ( Office 2000 Premium ) because of a problem I was having on my hard drive. The problem being corrected, now I want to install Office back. When I try to do an install, it keeps telling me that I have to reboot all the time, so I do several re-boots and I still can not get it to install. WHAT can I do here to get it to install ? ? ? ? Any help would be appreciated because I am new to this stuff. Norm at wahkona1 at hotmail dot com ...

please suggest approach t save my stuff
I use Windows XP pro. My PC has two WD SE16 WD2500KS SATA 250G hdds. When I start the PC in the morning I am hearing a whirring noise coming out of the PC and I think it is the C drive. Where can I read up on how to add a drive, and mirror everything on the current C drive onto the new drive? What is a smart choice in an enterprise grade HDD? I am thinking the warranty has expired on the drives. Thanks timOleary wrote: > I use Windows XP pro. My PC has two WD SE16 WD2500KS SATA 250G hdds. > When I start the PC in the morning I am hearing a whirring noise > coming out of th...

Saving documents to MS CRM from eg Word?
Hi, Is there any solution out there (market ready) that lets you save eg Word document direct to MS CRM ?. Not save to file system and then from MS CRM make a note and attach. To long way ! Regards, SH Hi Siggi, have a look at "RelatedDocuments" at www.mscrm-addons.com "Siggi" <sh@nyherji.is> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:64f91fda.0501190239.1156de03@posting.google.com... > Hi, > Is there any solution out there (market ready) that lets you save eg > Word document direct to MS CRM ?. Not save to file system and then > from MS CRM make a note and attach. ...

Publisher 2000 hyperlinks unstable
I have been using Publisher 2000 to build a web site. Each page of this Publisher document (web site) contains a long text block and many words in the text block are inserted hyperlinks each of which calls up an image residing on another web site. The Publisher web site gets updated regularly which often results in the following problem. On one or more pages that were UNTOUCHED by the update all the hyperlinks beyond a certain point in the text block no longer work. I check the URLs and they're all correct . When viewing the web site the non-functioning hyperlinks that the browser s...

Config of outlook 2000 to my Msn mail
Hello, I may be sounding a lil bit stupid as I do think of myself as tech savvy, but I cannot get outlook 2000 to sync up with my msn mail, I use HTTP and the hotmail option but always get a message that says Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Service Unavailable', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCCF0 this is the same for outlook express, please let me know what i am doing wrong, my msn id for msgr is tylerd75 ...

Outlook 2000 & SBS 2003
We have just migrated our SBS 4.5 NT network onto a SBS 2003 network. Most of our Outlook clients (Win98, XP Pro) just hang when we exit from outlook. All our client PCs are running Outlook 2000. There is no error message and if you run Task Manager you can close the Task and then re-open Outlook,but when you exit you get the same error. ...