save a document where fields be used but not altered

I have careated a documents that need to be saved but not as read only.  The
feilds are needed, such as a form.  How can I save this material so the
format remains but text box alterations and movement areno longer on the page.
0
jg (155)

There isn't a surefire way of locking the form, but you might want to try
this as a workaround. Once the form is complete, group all elements
together. Then reduce the viewing size down so the entire pasteboard area is
visible on your monitor. Draw a single line from the top of the pasteboard
area to the bottom and then a second line from side to side. Move the lines
so that they are on the outermost edges of the pasteboard. Group those two
lines and then group them with the form. This will prevent moving or
resizing of any elements unless the items are ungrouped. It works perfectly
for preventing accidental modification, but if someone is determined to
cause mischief they can do so.
HTH
--
Ron

"JG" <JG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have careated a documents that need to be saved but not as read only.
>The
> feilds are needed, such as a form.  How can I save this material so the
> format remains but text box alterations and movement areno longer on the
> page.

0
drc023

Dots in my printed word document
I have a document with four paragraphs on it. Inbetween paragraphs two and three are a series of small dots that only show up when I print - they are not visible on my screen. This is not a printer problem - I have tried three different ones. The small dots do not show up between any other paragraph. I've cut and pasted the text to a new word document and when I print, the little dots are still there. Again, they are invisible on the screen. Any ideas? Do you see them if you increase your Zoom way up? It's likely that they're a Border on the bottom of para. 2...

How do I create a blank poster document in 11x 17 ?
How do I create a blank poster document in 11 x 17? Thanks If you are trying to setup a poster, you will need to setup your printer for tabloid (11 x 17) first. If your printer cannot print this size stock, your publication will tile. A workaround would be to setup a PDF printer. There are free PDF converters around. Some folks here use www.primopdf.com. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "vtnat" <vtnat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E980EA1-2654-441B-8228-AFA86A8539BF@microsoft.co...

Using Chart Wizard
Hello from Steved ='Period.3-06'!$F$5:$J$5,'Period.3-06'!$F$25:$J$25,'Period.3-06'!$F$90:$J$90 Question I have labeled the next sheet Period.2-06 ='Period.3-06'!$F$5:$J$5,'Period.3-06'!$F$25:$J$25,'Period.3-06'!$F$90:$J$90, +'Period.2-06'!$F$5:$J$5,'Period.2-06'!$F$25:$J$25,'Period.2-06'!$F$90:$J$90 it is giving me "The Formula You Typed Contains An Error. This is my first attempt at doing graphs. What Have I not done Correctly Please. Thankyou. Hello from Steved the answer is =SERIES("Accident At Fault&qu...

How to I make a decision using excel?
I have to rate a list of 17 colleges/universities and rate them according to my preferences. I have researched them and have what i need. I just don't know how you can make a 'real life' decision via excel. I am also supposed to use access. PLEASE help me! i'm so confused! Kayte - > I have to rate a list of 17 colleges/universities and rate them according > to my preferences. I have researched them and have what i need. I just > don't know how you can make a 'real life' decision via excel. I am also > supposed to use access. PLEASE help...

How do you delete documents from Word?
I went into My Documents and Deleted the documents, but when I open Word the Documents are still there! However, when I click on the document, it says the path is invalid and nothing is displayed! Help! Debbie wrote: > I went into My Documents and Deleted the documents, but when I open > Word the Documents are still there! However, when I click on the > document, it says the path is invalid and nothing is displayed! > Help! And you're posting this in an Outlook group because...? > > However, when I click on the document... You are clicking on the file name at the...

Pivot tabel field name not valid in 2007, was in 2003
I have a workbook created in 2003. When I refresh pivot tables within in 2003, all is fine. When I open in 2007 and refresh, I get the "pivot table field name not valid" error. There are no problems with columns missing headers. I can solve it by changing the data source, but I've got thousands of pivot tables to update. ...

Save email as
Hi to all, I'm a new developer of VBA application and I think you will help me. I need to create a VBA macro which: when new mail is detected move it in another folder (e.g. myFolder) if in the subject string is present a defined string save the mail item as eml or mht Is this possible? if yes, please help thanks ...

I lost a document in excel, the whole document disappeared
I have had a document in Excel for over a year. I simply went in the get a serial number, then exited out. Later I went back and the document is gone. The file name is still there but nothing comes up. Please Help Hi, Try opening the file and then: (1) Windows | Unhide If this does not work, try: Windows | Arrange | Ok --- Regards, Norman "Excel Document Gone SSW" <Excel Document Gone SSW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1B68051-7D8F-4950-A8D3-3CBB097CC665@microsoft.com... >I have had a document in Excel for over a year. I simply went in...

Update pivot table report filter using cell value
Please point a VBA beginner in the right direction: I want the code below to update the pivot table based on the cell value in "C5" of a worksheet named "Dates". Can this be done by amending the last line of recorded code below? Windows("VDN Daily.xlsm").Activate ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields( _ "[Record Date].[Date].[Date]").ClearAllFilters ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields( _ "[Record Date].[Date].[Date]").CurrentPageName = _ "[Record Date].[Date].&[2010-02...

Powerpoint 2003 hangs when trying to open or save a file
100% failure rate, uninstalled and reinstalled office 2003, installed all security updates (each time checking between SP's to see if they had solved the issue), reimaged entire hard drive, also purchased a new HD (just in case that was the issue)...still nothing...office tools that help you to recover a program just have it crash and an error pops up that I send to Microsoft.... have sent error to Microsoft 30+ times to hopefully get a resolution.....I have tons of presentations due in the morning and this has been going on since yesterday....all other office products work j...

Word Save Problem Since Snow Leopard Upgrade

Copying Text to Clip Board Using a Macro
Hi, is it possible to store text e.g. a standard script which I constantly use within the code of a macro ? The macro would be assigned to a button and when the button is �clicked on� it would copy this text to the clip board which will then allow me to paste it into another application. Currently this text is stored in a cell and I reference this cell and copy to clip board this way, buy I want to get away from storing text this way. Any help would be grateful appreciates Many thanks Rob -- robertguy 44 Married two kids ------------------------------------------------------------...

Using calculated item to calculate running balances #2
I have a Pivot Table of a cash book showing monthly transactions per account as per example below. A B C D 1 Acc Jan Feb Total 2 100 1000 500 1500 3 200 200 300 500 4 Total 1200 800 2000 5 Running 1200 2000 I would like to add a row at the bottom showing a running balance. This is easy enough with a normal formula eg B5 = sum(B4,A5) and copied to the right. This row gets overwritten if the pivot table expands downwards. I would think adding a calculated item must work, but I do not know how. Can someone help? ...

Can I add custom fields to the "Personal Options"?
What if we want to keep certain defaults per CRM usre... can we add customzied properties to this table? RFish, You can add/remove features and deny access to features per user Security Roles. Is that what you were looking to do? Jarrett http://www.dynamics4.com http://www.jarrettexpertcrm.com No, but you can create your own personal options entity, and create a N:1 relationship to the user entity. You can then add whatever you want to this new entity. Dave Ireland "RFish" <rakefet@repliweb.com> wrote in message news:f34c82de-de22-42fb-b5d9-dfacf66f4363@g31g2000vbr...

use TAB-key in child windows
Hello, I have a dlg-based MFC application. My main window has a listcontrol, a treecontrol and several child windows (with the WS_CHILD style). Depending on the selection in the listcontrol, one of the child windows is shown on the main window. The problem is I can't reach the controls on the child window using the TAB-key. I can only change between the listcontrol and treecontrol on the main window with the TAB-key. Is there a solution for this ?? thx "Wes" <sjappie@pandora.be> wrote in message news:%230BssrOjEHA.140@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I ha...

Delete file using vba
I would like to delete a .bak file automatically when I close excel. Is this possible using VBA? Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance. Hi have a look at the kill method in the VBA help -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Del wrote: > I would like to delete a .bak file automatically when I close excel. > Is this possible using VBA? > > Any help appreciated. > Thanks in advance. ...

Econnect setup document for Great Plains Engineer
Hi, I would like to request anyone using econnect to email me any internal documentation they may have relating to configuration and use of the product. I have read through the econnect help files and samples that come with the product but I need some real life screen shots/detail documentation. If anyone has this, please email me at jacktundra@hotmail.com Thank you - Jack ...

Save display options (zoom, task pane, ...) when closing file?
I'd like to set up the way a particular Publisher 2007 file is displayed, save the file, and have it display in exactly the same way the next time I open the file. For example, I want to set the Zoom Level to 100%, center the display so that only a specific area of the page is visible, and turn off display of the Task Pane. If I set the display up like this and close the file, the next time I open that file, the Zoom Level is at 65%, the Task Pane is turned back on, and the entire page is displayed. How can I make sure the file is displayed exactly as it was when I last closed it? ...

Outlook "Display As" fields reset
Hi - can anyone provide a simple way to change the three �Display As� fields to a folder of Outlook 2007 contact items, so that the �Display As� fields are the same as the �Full Name� or �File As� field? I used my Windows Mobile phone to sync my Contacts folder between my home Outlook 2007 and office Outlook 2003, and all the Display As fields now only display the contact's email address. Thanks Glenn -- ThumperNut http://forums.slipstick.com Edit the Email Display As field to be what you think you want. -- Russ Valentine "ThumperNut" <ThumperNut.4...

Save attachment from CRM email using asp.net
Hi, Problem: The user gets mail that contains an excel attachment. If the user open that email and clicks on Import (custom button) then the attachment needs to be save in a location and read the data from file. Finally that data should be import to CRM. This proces should done every day. Is there any way to read email attachments through asp.net code? Please help me to resolve the issue. Thanks Mahesh ...

Filter data by using a form and open a report based on this data
Hello, I created a form with 3 criterias: location, date to and from and course name. I have a reset button and a filter/search button. I want to open a report called "Sign-in" based on any of these criterias. Onclick I have filter all 3 criterias but I don't know how to open a report. I used the codes from previous posting: Private Sub cmdFilter_Click() .... 'Text field example. Use quotes around the value in the string. If Not IsNull(Me.txtFilterLocation) Then strWhere = strWhere & "([Location] = """ & Me.txtFilterLocation & ...

Using Picasso Photo Viewer to Open Excel Hyperlink in MS 2007?
I want to use Picasso Photo Viewer (PPV) to open images that are HTML linked within a MS Officer 2007 - Excel spreadsheet. I've looked at file associations (using MS 7 OS) - but to no avail. Currently, IE opens up, then prompts me for an Active X overide and opens it with Quicktime. Any solutions please? In XP with MS Office 2003, it was just a matter of chaning the image to a proprietory PNG file. PPV is engaged if I just open the image within the folder - but not from the spreadsheet HTML link? ...

Pivot Table Data Field ... )2
Excel2003 ... Pivot Table Data Field ... )2 In my Data Field I am seeing a Field = Field Name )2 What does the " )2 " mean? I have the Field Name in my Data, but not ending in " )2 " Thanks ... Kha -- Kha ...

Word document attachments
When a user sends an email using Outlook 2002 with a Word 97 attachment, the attachment is scrubbed from the message and appears to become part of the body of the message.The message is sent through a Exchange 2000 server. Other users on the same lan are able to send the message to the same recipient with no difficulties. The recipient is using Outlook Express 6.0 ...

Autonew creates a new document from template and a new blank docum
I have a couple of users who are getting a new document based on a template, but it's also creating a new blank document. This is not happening for other users running the same autonew macro. Can anyone tell me if they've seen this happen before and what the solution is? Thank you! Post the autonew macro code. Word version? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< >...