Running 2 Versions of Publisher

I want to install and try the Publisher 2007 trial version. I currently have
Pub 2002 on my machine. Can I install both versions? Or does 2007 screw up
2002? Or can I install 2007 on another HD on my system w/out touching my 2002
install? I DO NOT want to screw up my 2002 version - I have many
files/clients who use it and we all know how stupid Pub is about reading
files made in different versions. It would be very nice if the two could run
side-by-side, and you could have both installed and running so you could
choose between them. I don't suppose that's possible is it?Dawn
0
dawnvk (1)

I had 4 versions running on my old computer. Ideally you want the oldest
version installed first, then work you way up thru the years. Bear in mind
that if you've done something in the 2007 that wasn't included in the 2002
version, your results may not be what you expect. And make sure you do NOT
tell it to upgrade! That will overwrite your older software.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"dawnvk" <dawnvk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to install and try the Publisher 2007 trial version. I currently
>have
> Pub 2002 on my machine. Can I install both versions? Or does 2007 screw up
> 2002? Or can I install 2007 on another HD on my system w/out touching my
> 2002
> install? I DO NOT want to screw up my 2002 version - I have many
> files/clients who use it and we all know how stupid Pub is about reading
> files made in different versions. It would be very nice if the two could
> run
> side-by-side, and you could have both installed and running so you could
> choose between them. I don't suppose that's possible is it?Dawn

0
jl_paules (2768)
5/15/2008 12:09:22 PM
The best way is to create a folder for 2007 and install into it.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"dawnvk" <dawnvk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to install and try the Publisher 2007 trial version. I currently have
> Pub 2002 on my machine. Can I install both versions? Or does 2007 screw up
> 2002? Or can I install 2007 on another HD on my system w/out touching my 2002
> install? I DO NOT want to screw up my 2002 version - I have many
> files/clients who use it and we all know how stupid Pub is about reading
> files made in different versions. It would be very nice if the two could run
> side-by-side, and you could have both installed and running so you could
> choose between them. I don't suppose that's possible is it?Dawn

0
mary-sauer (6480)
5/15/2008 12:16:22 PM
I have 3 pubs installed on my machine...just watch where you install them
and you'll be fine.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"dawnvk" <dawnvk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to install and try the Publisher 2007 trial version. I currently
> have
> Pub 2002 on my machine. Can I install both versions? Or does 2007 screw up
> 2002? Or can I install 2007 on another HD on my system w/out touching my
> 2002
> install? I DO NOT want to screw up my 2002 version - I have many
> files/clients who use it and we all know how stupid Pub is about reading
> files made in different versions. It would be very nice if the two could
> run
> side-by-side, and you could have both installed and running so you could
> choose between them. I don't suppose that's possible is it?Dawn

0
webmaster911 (1600)

Access XP Pro to 2000 version
I'm trying to get a database from XP Pro to open in 2000. "Jake F" <JakeF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E71FD15-67CD-4DE0-A937-A9F4A0746347@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get a database from XP Pro to open in 2000. Office "XP" = Office 2002 Office 2000, in other words, was released two years *prior* to Office XP's release. All Office applications are Backwards-compatible. No Office application is Forward-compatible. In Office 2002 (XP), use the "Save As" option to save as 2000. Steve I assume the mdb file is in 200...

Outlook 2003 sends my gmail through 2 steps, why??
I am using Outlook 2003 to send my gmail account through smtp.gmail.com. When I send mail in Outlook, it goes into the Outbox rather than get sent right away. Then from my outbox, I can send the email. This seems like a redundancy in efforts, how can I get Outlook to send it straight away? Look at the Tools Menu, then Options, then Mail Setup Tab. Check off the box "Send immediately when connected". -- Lenny V "Uncle Scotty" wrote: > I am using Outlook 2003 to send my gmail account through > smtp.gmail.com. When I send mail in Outlook, it goes into the Outbox...

Publisher 2000 file keeps closing when I try to work in upper lef.
Every time I try to open a text box, insert a picture or resize anything in the upper left hand portion of page 1 on my 4-page publication, the program closes and Microsoft Error Reporting comes up. This happened to me in another document, so i started all over again in this new one. Any ideas? I have installed all my applicable updates... Any chance you'd send it to me to take a look at it? If so, send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Amy~Lynne" <Amy~Lynne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89E12002-...

Outlook hanging #2
When I open Outlook it is slow to check send/receive. Once open, it appears to be randomly hanging when I click on a message to open it. Especially those with attachments. I have to control, alt, delete to move on. When I open the details window in the error report window it has "szAppName:OUTLOOK.EXE szAppVer: 10.0.4510.0 szModName:hungapp szModVer: 0.0.0.0 offset:00000000". I can't seem to get past this problem, and have been unable to find anything to help me fix it. ...

Outlook 2000 & Vista #2
Can anyone tell me whether Outlook 2000 (from Ofice 2000) is compatible with Vista? If so, where might I find support to complete the installation? I keep getting an "Operation Cancelled" message anytime I try to sign in or set Outlook 2000 as my default. Thanks -- Steve Only 2003 and above is fully compatible OL2k is out of support as is OLxp "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACAE99AB-0EAB-4523-9304-AFAB18AB724C@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me whether Outlook 2000 (from Ofice 2000) is compatible > with > Vista? I...

Excel Services Publish
I have a 64 bit client (Windows Server 2008) and my colleague has Windows 7 64 bit client. We are trying to publish an Excel 2007 document to MOSS, which is running under https, and is sitting on a 64 bit operating system. We keep getting the "File Not Saved" error when we try to publish from our clients. However, a 3rd colleague has Windows XP 32 bit and can publish the same exact Excel files just fine up to the very same MOSS location we tried on the 64 bit clients. Can someone from MSFT confirm that this is an issue with 64 bit clients? Can you present a solut...

CheckBox #2
I have a sheet with a checkbox in column A and a value in column B. There are about 30 rows of this data. The user selects the items they want to view and I run VBA code based on their selection. I want to turn the checkboxes on and off within VBA but can't figure out what each checkbox is named and how to reference it in VBA code. I just need to do something like: CheckBox13 = True Checkbox 99 = False like in Access Can anyone help please? Thanks in advance. Is ActiveSheet.CheckBox13 = True what you need ? Regards.. Daniel "PeterM" <PeterM@discussions.microsoft...

Date formatting in Excel #2
How do I format a cell to return Oct 04 when I type 10-4 in Excel...When I type 10-4, Excel returns Oct 05. Hi When no year is typed, excel would assume it is the current year. You would ahve to type the full date (including 2004) for it to display as Oct 2004. Use Format - cells - date and then select the particular format you want from the options there. >-----Original Message----- >How do I format a cell to return Oct 04 when I type 10-4 in Excel...When I >type 10-4, Excel returns Oct 05. >. > ...

deleting pages in publisher 2002
When deleting p.5 (or any page) of my 19 page document, last page deletes instead! What's happening here? How can I delete my page? I'm using "edit" delete page. Also, I am not in Master Page mode. K. On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:39:35 +0000, KLeDrew wrote (in article <CA87F080-CAF5-4A38-956C-FDF8896CA92A@microsoft.com>): > When deleting p.5 (or any page) of my 19 page document, last page deletes > instead! What's happening here? How can I delete my page? I'm using "edit" > delete page. Also, I am not in Master Page mode. > > ...

Installed from CD, apps in "trial" mode #2
I went through the whole procedure again. Here is the list of files in the Trash: com.microsoft.Office.prefs.plist com.microsoft.Excel.prefs.plist com.microsoft.Entourage.prefs.plist com.microsoft.Entourage.plist com.microsoft.OfficeNotifications.plist Office Font Cache (11) Microsoft Office ACL [English] OLE Registration Database 11 OfficeSync Prefs Custom Dictionary Office 11 First Run Entourage Preferences Proofing Tool Preferences Office Registration Cache 11 OK, the Remove Office tool is operating correctly, there's something else wrong. Check back in a few days, I'm escalatin...

Viewing 2 worksheets in the same workbook
Is there a way of viewing data on two separate worksheets in the same workbook in a similar way to splitting a single worksheet? Thanks Choose Window> New Window Choose Window> Arrange Select Tile (or one of the other options), and check the box 'Windows of active workbook' Click OK In each of the windows, select a different worksheet to view. Ant wrote: > Is there a way of viewing data on two separate worksheets in the same > workbook in a similar way to splitting a single worksheet? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures....

Mailbox Manager and Moved Mailboxes #2
I set up a new exchange 2003 server and moved mailboxes over to it from an old exchange 5.5 server. Then I ran mailbox manager on the 2003 server in Report Only mode. The report came back all zeros. The only policy I set up was a 30 day limit on deleted items, and I know there were deleted items in the mailboxes I moved older than that. Does it have anything to do with the fact that I just moved the mailboxes recently, so they haven't been on this particular server for 30 days? I read that Mailbox Manager uses three dates to see if it should process a message- PR_MESSAGE_DELIVERY_TI...

Does Pocket Excel run VBAs?
I have desktop spreadsheets with VBAs - would they work in a Pocket PC/Pocket Excel environment? Hi F Chuck! Sorry but Pocket Excel does not support VBA. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "F Chuck" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:076601c3c44f$78706c40$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have desktop spreadsheets with VBAs - would they work > in a Pocket PC/Pocket Excel environment? ...

Sales Pipeline Report #2
Anybody had problems with this report in terms of the group by Date function. Cannot get the date order of the report to work in terms of ordering by Estimated Close date. Am posting here in the attempt to get anyone out there to help me please... have been pulling my hair out in looking at the query in this report to work out how to order by Estimated Close Date! Thanks in advance, Charlie Absolutely. The CRM 4.0 Sales Pipeline report group by Date does not work correctly when using non-US CRM date formats. I have logged this as an issue with MSFT support, who accept there is a ...

WordArt from Publisher 2000 file ti Publisher 2003
I have two files created in Publisher 2000 - when opened in Publisher 2003 the size of the WordArt is totall skewed - most much larger than in the original document. This is the second document this has happened on - is there something I'm missing? I thought I could go from 2000 to 2003, just not the other way around? The WordArt in 2003 and 2000 are very different. You can download the old WordArt utility and use it with 2003. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?productID=&freetext=wordart&DisplayLang=en -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://...

ClickOnce and Publisher
Hi, I have the problem, that publishing my WPF app using ClickOnce that the Publisher is set as "Unknow Publisher" (compare: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2347326/how-to-set-publisher-in-a-net-clickonce-application) We have certificate from GlobalSign. How do I add this certificate to the project? Why do I need a certificate? Thanks Christian ...

Publisher should allow the deletion of multiple pages
I wish publisher would allow for the deletion of muliple pages much like the options available when printing pages. lejianzhong <lejianzhong@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I wish publisher would allow for the deletion of muliple pages much > like the options available when printing pages. Suggestion: Try here: How to Contact the Microsoft Wish Program http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q114491 -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

How do i get into Publisher in Microsoft XP (new computer, sorry)
Just got a fancy new computer and am used to using Microsoft 2000. Often use Publisher but can't seem to find it on XP. Any answers please be gentle not great on computers Publisher doesn't come with the OS if that's what you mean by XP. If your new computer came with a Office 2003 you "may" have Publisher on the machine depending on which version of Office. "Rowan" <Rowan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AD224EF-4D1C-491B-A563-150A475B52F0@microsoft.com... | Just got a fancy new computer and am used to using Microsoft 2000. Ofte...

publishing lists in excel
I'm trying to publish a list from excel to sharepoint window services. I get an error: cannot connect to the server at this time. Your list cannot be published. I've checked off all the troubleshooting alerts except one (You cannot create a list in a shared workbook). Since I'm on sharepoint windows, I don't have the option of sharing or not sharing my workbook (its greyed out) and I CAN create a list in Excel. I just can't published it to my sharepoint site. I want to set-up a synchronized list with my excel worksheet and sharepoint site. The TEST data is only 1 l...

RPC Latency #2
My Exchange 2003 box is experiencing high RPC Latency problems yet I can't decipher exactly why. The Averaged Latency is peaking at >90ms but usually sits around 50 - 65ms yet the RPC requests are very low What should I be looking for that is causing these latency problems? On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 09:08:10 -0500, "Larry" <Larry@domain.local> wrote: >My Exchange 2003 box is experiencing high RPC Latency problems yet I can't >decipher exactly why. The Averaged Latency is peaking at >90ms but usually >sits around 50 - 65ms yet the RPC requests are ve...

sing in attempt unsuccessful #2
Maybe you need to sing a different tune......like maybe "it's over it's over." ...

how to update calendar in publisher 2007
Why doesn't calendar wizard update the dates when you change the month? It only changes the month, so I end up starting from scratch. What am I missing? sjn The calendar wizard works okay, it is there on the right when you select calendars. You may have to scroll down a little. It says "Set Calendar Dates" The Design Gallery calendars wizards are missing, this is a bug I hope will be fixed in the service pack. If you are asking about custom dates and appointments, they will have to be typed manually on each month, or copy and pasted. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office...

New personal finance resource website open #2
--_NextPart_00009772-00002116-10DD2067-6005 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit New Personal Finance Resource Website Open http://www.your-personal-finances.com/ - Free articles and information on personal finance --_NextPart_00009772-00002116-10DD2067-6005-- *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from http://www.SecureIX.com *** ...

MultiCurrency Setup #2
created an exchange rate table HKD TO CNY. I'm stuck on #7, HKD TO CNY not available from the Exchange Table window screen. Here's what I have done so far. 1. Setup currencies (setup-system-currency) 2. Assign company access to currencies (setup-system-multicurrency access) 3. Setup exchange rate tables (setup-system-exchange table) 4. Assign exchange rates (cards-system-exchange table) 5. Assign company access to exchange rates (setup-system-multicurrency) 6. Set Multicurrency defaults to a company (setup-financial-multicurrency) 7. Assign rate type to rate tables (setup-financial-...

How can I fill 2nd worksheet (in different order) with data from 1st worksheet? #2
Please help. I have a large amount of data where the 1st worksheet serves as the basis for the second. I want to have the second sheet filled automatically, based on information in the first. This is my set up. This Sheet is Called Payroll Data A B C D ............ H I Name Job Description Status Reg RegFB OT-FB 5 Adams, John Butcher FT $ 36.23 0.4321 0.0974 6 Mason, George Baker PT $ 18.56 0.4367 0.0974 7 Richter, Thomas CndlestkMkr T $ 22.11 0.4021 0.0732 8 Wilson, James President FT $ 66.99 0.5355 0.0974 This sheet is called FAL - Analysis A B C D ............. A...