Rubbing out a part of an image/shape. HELP NEEDED!

In one part of an image I am creating, I have used the curved edge of
numerous circles in Publisher (simple circles from AutoShapes). I do want one
part of the curved edge but NOT the entire circle. Is there any way of
erasering or rubbing out the unwanted part of the circle(s)? I tried using
the simple program 'paint' by copying and pasting the image there and the
'eraser' tool that program has is exactly what I need. The only problem is,
that when transfering the image from Publisher to Paint, it gets distorted
and all messed up. So, what I am asking for is, if anyone knows of an eraser
on publisher that is simular to the one on paint, it would help me greatly if
you could tell me where I could find it.

Have you tried the auto shape lines curve. Draw the curve, Arrange, edit points.

Or more autoshapes and scrolled down to the *chord*?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"GlassesCase" <GlassesCase@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In one part of an image I am creating, I have used the curved edge of
> numerous circles in Publisher (simple circles from AutoShapes). I do want one
> part of the curved edge but NOT the entire circle. Is there any way of
> erasering or rubbing out the unwanted part of the circle(s)? I tried using
> the simple program 'paint' by copying and pasting the image there and the
> 'eraser' tool that program has is exactly what I need. The only problem is,
> that when transfering the image from Publisher to Paint, it gets distorted
> and all messed up. So, what I am asking for is, if anyone knows of an eraser
> on publisher that is simular to the one on paint, it would help me greatly if
> you could tell me where I could find it.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
5/28/2008 12:23:02 PM
No, that isnt exactly what I meant. I dont want a new shape-or way of getting
a shape-All I want is some sort of eraser. Now what I have had to do is draw
lots and LOTS of little rectangles and lines with the colour of the
background to blend in, so as to cover up the lines I do not want.

Does anyone know of some kind of tool as I have described???

GlassesCase wrote:
> No, that isnt exactly what I meant. I dont want a new shape-or way of getting
> a shape-All I want is some sort of eraser. Now what I have had to do is draw
> lots and LOTS of little rectangles and lines with the colour of the
> background to blend in, so as to cover up the lines I do not want.
>
> Does anyone know of some kind of tool as I have described???

No, such a tool generally does not exist in simple vector graphics tools
(such as Publisher's drawing tools).

Paint is a raster graphics tool (i.e. it deals in pixels, hence the
"distortion" you mention) and doesn't support transparency, which makes
an eraser trivial to implement. To make a working eraser for a vector
tool is much harder; Publisher's shapes are vectors (which is why they
are not pixellated when you print them), but Publisher's facilities are
not sophisticated enough to implement an eraser for them.

You need to rethink your strategy; what Mary offered you was an
alternative strategy to using an eraser. Instead of creating lots of
circles and then deleting bits, create lots of arcs - this is the same
as a circle, except that it is broken. Then you can adjust the handles
to show the bits of the circles you want.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

Download the free DrawPlus from Serif.
http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/software/DrawPlus/default.asp

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> No, that isnt exactly what I meant. I dont want a new shape-or way of getting
> a shape-All I want is some sort of eraser. Now what I have had to do is draw
> lots and LOTS of little rectangles and lines with the colour of the
> background to blend in, so as to cover up the lines I do not want.
>
> Does anyone know of some kind of tool as I have described???
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Have you tried the auto shape lines curve. Draw the curve, Arrange, edit
>> points.
>>
>> Or more autoshapes and scrolled down to the *chord*?
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "GlassesCase" <GlassesCase@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > In one part of an image I am creating, I have used the curved edge of
>> > numerous circles in Publisher (simple circles from AutoShapes). I do want
>> > one
>> > part of the curved edge but NOT the entire circle. Is there any way of
>> > erasering or rubbing out the unwanted part of the circle(s)? I tried using
>> > the simple program 'paint' by copying and pasting the image there and the
>> > 'eraser' tool that program has is exactly what I need. The only problem is,
>> > that when transfering the image from Publisher to Paint, it gets distorted
>> > and all messed up. So, what I am asking for is, if anyone knows of an
>> > eraser
>> > on publisher that is simular to the one on paint, it would help me greatly
>> > if
>> > you could tell me where I could find it.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Printing.. Urgent please help
Hi, i am trying to Print a jpeg using the following code. **************************************************** // set up a DIB BITMAPINFOHEADER bmiHeader; bmiHeader.biSize = sizeof(BITMAPINFOHEADER); bmiHeader.biWidth = m_width; bmiHeader.biHeight = m_height; bmiHeader.biPlanes = 1; bmiHeader.biBitCount = 24; bmiHeader.biCompression = BI_RGB; bmiHeader.biSizeImage = 0; bmiHeader.biXPelsPerMeter = 0; bmiHeader.biYPelsPerMeter = 0; bmiHeader.biClrUsed = 0; bmiHeader.biClrImportant = 0; HDC hdcCompatible = CreateCompatibleDC(PrinterDC); // Create a compatible bitmap for hdcScree...

Replacing single Exchange 2003 server, need advise
Need advise replacing single Exchange 2003 server. Here's the scenario. 20 user site has one win 2003 AD server that also has an exchange 2003 SP1 server installed on it. That is the first site exchange server and the only one in the small domain. This server needs to be replaced with a new server that performs the same functions. I know how to get the new server to be the new AD controller. Basically bring it up as a reg server, promote it to a backup controller and then move the 5 FMSO roles over to it. Demote the old one and then I am left with a new single AD controller. ...

Need to host one user account from another domain...How?
I have a user from an external domain that I need to for lack of better term, be the email and calendaring proxy. The user uses Exchange 2000 and is part of the xxxxx.gov domain and my domain is yyyyy.gov. I need to use Goodlink to push mail and calendar to her phone as well as allow her to send it through my server back to her old account at her home organization transparently to those emailing her. In other words she needs to keep her xxxxx.gov email address. I can handle the Goodlink piece once I get mail flowing between the two servers. How do I make the Exchange piece happen? Thanks...

Can you look for an image/OLE Object using dlookup
Hi Folks Is it possible to use dlookup to search and return an image? I have tried the following but I keep getting an error message 91 Object variable or With block variable not set (Error 91). Here is what I have tried: Private Sub Text0_Click() Dim test As Image test = DLookup("[Picture]", "[TBL Backgrounds]", "[PictID] = [Chk] ") Me.Picture = test End Sub I am not sure what I have done in error. Any thoughts anyone? Thanks in advance -- Ceebaby Trying to be great at Access Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forum...

Help a Student: Notebook PC market research questionnaire
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_09F2_01C37FC7.BC750170 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_09F3_01C37FC7.BC750170" ------=_NextPart_001_09F3_01C37FC7.BC750170 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I am currently doing dissertation at Management School, the = university of Sheffield. My project is to investigate effectiveness of = International Marketing of global notebook brands, with a focus on Dell's notebook. I would greatly appreciate if you ...

remove "Protected Storage System Provider" do not help
After updating from Outlook2000 to Outlook XP(2002) OutlookXP keeps asking for passwords for every account :-((( I have tryed the trix "remove Protected Storage System Provider" in the registery (done by the letter as described in two Q-articles) but it do not help or change anything :-((( Please help -- erik Denmark ...

Insert text automatically into a message (Part One)
Read "Insert text automatically into a message (Part One)" on the Entourage Help Blog for tips that will improve your productivity. It's also a great way to save your hands if you have trouble typing. <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2007/07/insert_text_automatically_into.html> -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> Great article, Diane! A related point about auto-correcting that some people might find handy: Many of the terms I insert through AutoCorr...

I need an address grabber
Hello, I need software that grabs addresses from online yellow pages. I did a search and came up with ListGrabber which sells for $249.95. Do you know if there is a lower cost solution? T.I. Talal Itani <titani@verizon.net> wrote: > I need software that grabs addresses from online yellow pages. I did > a search and came up with ListGrabber which sells for $249.95. Do > you know if there is a lower cost solution? How does this have anything to do with Outlook and even if it did, why would anyone want to help a mass mailer? -- Brian Tillman Spamming for one :-) ...

help with last part of script
Rng.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:=">=" & CLng(BeginDate), Operator:=xlAnd, Criteria2:="<=" & CLng(EndDate) Set Rng = Rng.Offset(1, 0).Resize(Rng.Rows.Count - 1, 1) Set Rng = Rng.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible) Rng.Offset(0, 4).FormulaR1C1 = "=NETWORKDAYS(RC[-4],RC[-3])-1" Rng.AutoFilter ' Do Number coloring as a Visual Step... Set c = Range("N11:N" & LastRow) For Each Item In c If Val(Item) > 2 Or Val(Item) < 0 Then Item.Font.Bold = True Item.Font.COLOR = vbRed Else Item.Font.Bold = True Item.Font.COLOR = vbBlack End If I...

Suggested MS Patched Didnt Work! Pls Help!
On Windows XP Professional with Outlook 2002 SP2, I was getting the above error. This occurs when sending or forwarding mail with attachments. This was a brand new system fully patched (Windows and Office updates applied and Trend Micro Internet Security 2004) Since I had come across this before - I tried following the same procedures to workaround but had no success. I tried the following articles: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329923&Product=ol2002 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823663&Product=ol2002 http://support.microsoft.com/d...

Help with DateValue function.
I have the following formula in a cell:- =IF($A$4="spring",DATEVALUE("31-12-06”),FALSE), which works fine. However to make the formula more flexible, I don’t want to hard code the year. Basically the year part should be current year minus 1 (i.e. 2007-1). Please note that the date in the DateValue field will always be 31st December current year -1 Can someone advise me how I can do that? Thank you. Hi Pank, Try: =IF($A$4="spring",DATE(YEAR(TODAY()-1),12,31),FALSE) Cheers -- macropod [MVP - Microsoft Word] ------------------------- "Pank" <Pan...

Dexterity needs to provide a SQL connection object
If we are to provide powerful and flexible custom applications that work seamlessly with Microsoft Dynamics GP Advance Security, we must be provided a way to access the SQL databases under the context of the currently logged in user. Access must also be available from outside the Great Plains environment – for example from a website or some external order entry system. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not...

What is needed for external OWA access
Hello- I would like to setup the OWA so that users can access it from the internet it works internally by going to http://servername/exchange I would like them to be able to type in http://mail.externaldomain.com/exchange Should be in easy one Ive never set this up before... Thanks! Greg Start here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/cliaccgde.mspx For external users you just need to make sure that your dns is setup correctly. For example create an A record for mail.externaldomain.com that points to OWA. Nue "Greg M" <GregM@discussions....

list box help
I am using a list box from the forms toolbar. This is new for me. I loaded 10 numbers of 4 digits. The output is numbers 1 to 10. I would rather it output the 4 digit numbers instead. It looks like this is not an option. Are there any good links on the list box? I have found many of the bad ones. Don't use a CellLink (assuming that is what you are currently doing); rather, assign the ListBox to use this macro instead... Sub AssignListItemToCell() With Worksheets("Sheet1").Shapes("List Box 1").OLEFormat.Object Range("A1").Value = .List(.ListI...

email frozen
I received an unsolicited email that freezes my outlook. I'm a small business person - just me and I desperately need to get it to work. I need to access an email I have sent to a client. How can I delete that email? When I open outlook it just freezes with the hour glass. THANKS IN ADVANCE.... :) Diane The same thing happened to me yesterday and it's still frozen today! Someone please help! >-----Original Message----- >I received an unsolicited email that freezes my outlook. >I'm a small business person - just me and I desperately >need to get it to wor...

Can't open Publisher XP document with Publisher 2000. Help.
A coworker has windows XP and related software on her computer and I have Windows 2000 and related software. I can't open the publisher document she sent to me. Is there anything I can do besides update the whole operating system? Thanks. Have your coworker save as a Publisher 2000 document and resend or have her send the document as a PDF. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Elizabeth" <Elizabeth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A15BCA8-F8C0-49F5-B1D5-D4EB7A7A5E32@microsoft.co...

Outlook 2007 and image maps
I've tried several different methods but have been unable to get Outlook 2007 to correctly process any server side image maps, or to load a client side image map from an external file. According to the Microsoft information on 'Word 2007 HTML and CSS rendering capabilites in Outlook 2007' ( http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa338201.aspx ) both of these types of things should function. I'll accept that the documentation is wrong and the USEMAP support is incomplete and doesn't allow loading maps from external files since IE dropped support for it years ago, no supr...

Need Budget Template for Bills, expenses, credit card balances wh.
I need some sort of a template that allows me to place all of my monthly bills, expenses and credit card balances. I would like it to calculate when i make a payment what the new balances are as well as i want it to calculate how much i have spent and what i have left owed... anyone have something quite similar??? i know of the personal budget but it does not seem right.. Thank you there are some simple templates for things like this on microsoft office website. ...

Help!!! Removing CRM Email Routing Rules
Help! We upgraded from CRM 3.0 to 4.0 and we made the mistake of decommissioning our old CRM server and removing the Exchange-CRM connector on our Exchange box before we removed all of the mail forwarding rules through our old 3.0 install. As a result, all the email that used to be forwarded through the CRMRouter@MyCompany.com account is now bouncing back saying: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: FW: Subject of Message Sent: 5/21/2009 8:10 PM The following recipient(s) cannot be reached: CRMRouter@MyCompany.com on 5/21/2009 8:10 ...

address book in Outlook help !!PLZ!
I've recently HAD to start using Outlook instead of Outlook Express.I have many contacts and groups in OE. Church buddies as a group, for example, with 7 or 8 contacts in it. How do I duplicate that method in Outlook?? And there has to be a way to get all my contacts imported. I can import them, but they only import the ones NOT in groups, in the main identity only. many many thanks In news:zeSze.17997$Si3.10093@fe06.lga, Mousetater <spamsux@hotmail.com> typed: > I've recently HAD to start using Outlook instead of Outlook Express. It's not that bad. Many people actua...

Please Help #12
I keep having the error Path/File access error Poping up I have not done anything to explain this Any help would be appreciated Thanks Greg Can yo be more specific? When do you get this error? Which operating system do you use? Is this when opening an Excel workbook? "Greg B" wrote: > I keep having the error > > Path/File access error > > Poping up > > I have not done anything to explain this > > Any help would be appreciated > > Thanks > > Greg > > > > ...

STDEV...HELP
From a histogram I collected the following data, I'm trying to figure out how to calculate the standard deviation of hours driving. I can do it outside of using the stdev formula, but if I try to use the formula I mess up my results. Mean hrs= number of subjects/total hours driving (200/1580) = 7.9 Standard Deviation for hours driving: Needs to equal 1.05 I can get that by taking 12702(power1580,2)/200 which = 220 taking that sum (220) and making another calculation. sqrt(220/200-1) Those combined net the standard deviation, but there has to be an easier way.... Any help would be apprec...

help with max, min, <, > in array functions
I have the following array formula for summing a geometric propert (surface width) as a function of coordinate pairs and a relativ elevation: {=SUM(IF(y+D<MIN(Za,Zb), 0, IF(OR(Za=Zb, y+D>MAX(Za,Zb)), 1 (y+D-MIN(Za,Zb))/ABS(Za-Zb))*ABS(Xa-Xb)))} Where Za, Xa are paired coordinates, and Zb, Xb refer to the same lis of paired coordinates, but offset down by one row. y and D ar constants (depth and datum). This always returns the wrong result, and I believe that the reason i the following: The max and min functions are returning the absolut maximum and minimum values of the lists, and NOT...

XSLT Help !

Data Recovery Training and Help
Hi! I am the Author of Book titled, �'Data Recovery with & without Programming' (http://www.datadoctor.biz/author.htm)�. I provide ONLINE ' data recovery training' (http://www.datadoctor.biz/DRCguide.htm) (Professional Courses ). I've made SOURCE Code available for "Educational" Purpose of My following Two Software: 1. File Recovery Software with Auto Uptade tool (with complete SOURCE CODE) 2. Bad Floppy Repair/Formatting tool (with complete SOURCE CODE) The Related Details are available on following link of my website: http://www.datadoctor.biz/Data_...