right-to-left page order

I created a booklet and would like to change the order to a righ-to-left
order (like a hebrew  book).  The document has both English and Hebrew in it
and my computer's language setting is alreay set up for right-to-left
languages.  The Publisher instructions say that under "page setup" the
"layout" tab will have a checkbox for "right-to-left" languages, but mine
does not.  There is no such checkbox and I'm frustrated.  How can I get this
to work properly?
0
katzeyy (2)

katzeyy wrote:
> I created a booklet and would like to change the order to a
> righ-to-left order (like a hebrew  book).  The document has both
> English and Hebrew in it and my computer's language setting is alreay
> set up for right-to-left languages.  The Publisher instructions say
> that under "page setup" the "layout" tab will have a checkbox for
> "right-to-left" languages, but mine does not.  There is no such
> checkbox and I'm frustrated.  How can I get this to work properly?

And are we supposed to *guess* what version you're running?

--
In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol:  http://www.dts-l.org/

0
test1951 (391)
5/2/2005 6:10:11 AM
Maybe this?
Description of the Office 2003 Service Pack 1 for Language Interface Pack
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;871266

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"katzeyy" <katzeyy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created a booklet and would like to change the order to a righ-to-left
> order (like a hebrew  book).  The document has both English and Hebrew in it
> and my computer's language setting is alreay set up for right-to-left
> languages.  The Publisher instructions say that under "page setup" the
> "layout" tab will have a checkbox for "right-to-left" languages, but mine
> does not.  There is no such checkbox and I'm frustrated.  How can I get this
> to work properly?

0
gsauer (5093)
5/2/2005 7:54:52 AM
At home I run Windows XP and at my office I have Windows 2000 Professional.
I'm using Microsoft Publisher 2003.  The problem remains.   Any ideas?

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote:

> katzeyy wrote:
> > I created a booklet and would like to change the order to a
> > righ-to-left order (like a hebrew  book).  The document has both
> > English and Hebrew in it and my computer's language setting is alreay
> > set up for right-to-left languages.  The Publisher instructions say
> > that under "page setup" the "layout" tab will have a checkbox for
> > "right-to-left" languages, but mine does not.  There is no such
> > checkbox and I'm frustrated.  How can I get this to work properly?
>
> And are we supposed to *guess* what version you're running?
>
> --
> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol:  http://www.dts-l.org/

0
katzeyy (2)

Search by Case ID or Order Number
Hi all, Seasons greetings. We use CRM Case ID as Job/Order number in our accounting system. When supplier has any queries regarding specific (accounting system) order number, we can't go to Case or Order view and use the search field at the top there. I managed to find the CRM Case or Order using Advanced Find. But it takes time. Does CRM have or intend to add search by Case or Order id, so we can find them quickly just like locating Accounts or Contacts? Thanks. Tony you can try to use a Saved View "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Can we print a work order report with customer names
I am able to print a report of items showing how much is in inventory and how much is ordered (committed). But when the item arrives in our warehouse, I am unable to see who ordered it. I would like to be able to print a list of work orders showing customer names and what they ordered. It's possible that I already have the capability to do this, but don't know how. Can anyone help me? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in t...

Pages not showing up
Windows XP Publisher 2000. This isn't the first time I've had this problem but I can't remember the simple solution. Documents containing more than one page are not showing all the pages. Only page one is visible and the page numbers don't appear on the task bar to select theother pages. Can someone please remind me how to get the page numbers back at the bottom of the screen. Thanks very much! -- surelyknot View, toolbars, status bar. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "surelyknot" &l...

Contact Name Order
Outlook 2007 I have my contacts stored as lastname, firstname. When I am going create or forward an email and press the "To: button", the names are displayed as firstname, lastname. How do I get the names to be displayed as lastname, firstname? Thanks, The sorting order of your Contacts folder is independent from the sorting order of your Address Book. You can change it by going to; Tools-> Account Settings-> tab Address Books-> select Outlook Address Book-> button Change... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://...

Starting a new group on a new page
How do I start each new group on a new page. I have a page break after the last group footer and before the page footer, but I get a blank last page that contains only the page header ( report title information) and page footer (page number information) information. What am I doing wrong? Thanks Gerry Goldberg On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 14:44:13 -0800, Goldar wrote: > How do I start each new group on a new page. I have a page break after the > last group footer and before the page footer, but I get a blank last page > that contains only the page header ( report title inf...

Insert multi-page pdf file into publisher document
Hi ... I need to insert a 7-page pdf file into a 10-page publisher document. How can I do that? I clicked on "import object" and it put the file in as a link. Is that the best it can do? I'm on deadline so early responses will be most appreciated.Thanks in advance. Gail Miller Gail Miller <gmiller127@comcast.net> was very recently heard to utter: > I need to insert a 7-page pdf file into a 10-page publisher document. > How can I do that? I clicked on "import object" and it put the file > in as a link. Is that the best it can do? Whether the file...

Page number shows "#" instead of number
Using Office 2007, I am viewing a Powerpoint presentation created by someone else. No matter what view (master, normal or printed out) the page number in the footer is expressed as "#" instead of the actual number. Two other people viewing the same presentation see the page numbers instead of the "#", so this must have to do with my own computer set-up. Any suggestions? What happends if you go to master view and in EACH of the layouts slide number area delete the<#> and then Insert > SlideNumber? -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, ...

Home page "Choose a Task" is all blanks!
Recently upgraded from Money 2002 to 2004. My "Custom" home page is now a blank page; the "Choose a Task" and "Choose a View" pull-down menus are blank, too. If I pull-down the (blank) menus, Money crashes with the typical "Send Error Report" window. I've tried reinstalling Money... didn't help. Anybody know what's happening, here? Which file saves my custom configuration - should I delete it? Thx&Rgds...mvm In microsoft.public.money, mmiller wrote: > >Anybody know what's happening, here? >Which file saves my custom c...

print first two rows (heading) and one row per page...
I am a teacher. I have created a spreadsheet. I would like to print a row so student can see just her grade. I would like to be able to print three rows on each "page". I would like student to be able to see the activity (row 1), the points for the activity (row 2) and her grade (row that belongs to that student). How do I do this? g, 1. Go to File | Page Setup | Sheet (tab) | Rows to Repeat at Top (click inside box) and then select rows 1 and 2. 2. Select the data on a row and then print (using File | Print), making sure that "Selection" is check ma...

"Find People" page appears whilst creating e-mails
The "Find People" panel normally opens after pressing Ctrl + e. Recently I have noticed when typing a message in the e-mail message page, the "Find People" panel frequently opens when the letter e is pressed as part of a word. This recent phenomenon is annoying to say the least. Can anyone please explain why this is happening and a possible solution (happened twice during the preparation of this post)? Laura Windows XP SP3, MS Outlook Express 6. The control key was identified as pressed - either the keyboard is bad, or you have sticky keys or something similar en...

How to change series plotting order without changing legend order?
My chart has four data series. They all plot as the same kind of line and they all plot against the same axes. Series 1 - 4 must be listed in the legend in that order top to bottom; however on the chart itself they must be superimposed on each other such that 4 is on the bottom and 1 plots on top - how do I force this? Excel defaults to plotting 1 on the bottom and 4 on top. In other words, Excel superimposes the series on the plot in the opposite order it lists them in the legend. Is there a way to reverse this? Thanks, Patrick Right click the chart Select Series Data...

Purchase Order and BOM
Client would like to order the assembly of a finished good. So they would like to enter PO in GP, send it to Warehouse and receive it when Item has been assembled and shipped to them. This would increase their on hand for that finished good. But they also need to record the reduction of inventory for the components that were used for the FG. So they would like to enter and post an Assembly transaction in GP but that would double the on hand quantity for the finished good. They don't want to purchase Manufacturing. Ideas? What Vendor ID are they going to use on the PO? "...

Open a closed purchase order
I have a closed purchased order with all of its lines closed. However, I would like to reopen these purchase order lines as they are have not been matched yet. I go to edit purchase orders and changed the status of the purchase order to change and processed it. So far, everything is fine. Now, on the edit purchase order window, if I change the status of the purchase order line from closed to anything else, the system does not allow me. How can I reopen the closed purchase order lines. ...

Work Order
We are creating work order in RMS 2.0.0114 however, when i try to view the work order in the search box - the company name is not listed. i can view firstname, lastname fields. However, some of our accounts do not have the contact firstname, lastname fields fill out. how can I show company name? thank you, Mark Casteel ...

Sales Order Transaction Notes
Does anyone know which table and field the Sales Order Transaction note resides in? ...

Manufacturing Order Material Cost
I'm trying to understand if there is a way to modify a component level's cost while in a manufacturing order. We have some metal components were the purchase cost fluctuates daily and we are trying to capture exact purchase cost to a manufacturing order so we know the exact cost for that job. Or is there another way to do this? Can a purchase order's inventory be earmarked for a specific work order and when that work our closes it backflushes the material at the exact purchase price? Thanks, JK ...

How to do Z-axis ordering on elements in a Dialog Box?
As you may know from my previous threads, my program is reading in data from many files and I have a progress bar to display this. Once each file is loaded the progress bar is incremented and the name of the file is displayed in a text control in the middle of the progress bar. The only problem I'm having is that the progress bar is being displayed on top of the text, so at the moment, I'm having the text below the progress bar, which takes up more space and isn't at pretty. Soooo ... how do you implement Z-axis ordering? Thanks! You can use SetWindowPos to change the zorder....

Left Justify in a Custom Footer
Hello, I need to add a legend for a spreadsheet as a Custom Footer in the center section of the Footer dialog box. Is there a way to left justify the text that I enter in that center section? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Dave Y Hi AFAIK this is not possible -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Dave Y wrote: > Hello, > > I need to add a legend for a spreadsheet as a Custom > Footer in the center section of the Footer dialog box. Is > there a way to left justify the text that I enter in that > center section? Any help will be greatly appreci...

Tracking Wholesale Orders
Hi all ~ Just wondering the best way to track wholesale sales? Periodically we have group sales and out of state sales that are exempt from state sales tax. I'm trying to figure out the best way to track those so that at the end of the month I can deduct them from our total sales for our state Departmnet of Revenue. Jerry One might be to add 'Wholesale' to one of the custom text fields of the customer on the transaction. That way you could run a report based on 'Wholesale' within the custom text field, then deduct that figure from your total sales. Rob "Jerry Pe...

page numbers not showing
I have a twenty page paper with a border. Upon printing, the page numbers are being cut off as is the bottom and top borders. Also pages that have the top/first line as bold, the top of the letters are being cut off. I have adjusted page setup and print setup but then have viewed print preview and that shows the same problem with cutoffs on top and bottom of the page. Any suggestions? -- Frankly Speaking Frankly Speaking wrote: > I have a twenty page paper with a border. Upon printing, the page > numbers are being cut off as is the bottom and top borders. Also > pages that have...

front page help
I'm having trouble getting front page to accept ftp. It keeps telling me "front page does not support opening files from ftp servers." ftp installations from server installed. ideas? ...

How do I delete the page watermark in the page break preview?
I have a spreadsheet that, when printed and viewed in normal mode, does not show the "page 1" watermark in the middle of the sheet. In the page break preview view, the "page 1" watermark obscures some text-- and, unfortunately for me, this view is the one other people will use once I protect the sheet. Is there any way for me to delete this watermark. I have tried to modify the print settings in "page setup" to no avail! Please, help! Hi fragilemouse, I believe that is the purpose of Page Break preview. Try increasing the Zoom to 100 or 200% to read the nu...

change page orientation before printing
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C3D203.18C8E620 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Does anybody here knows how to set up the orientation options in the = PageSetup dialog before bringing it up. I am using the following code: CPageSetupDialog dlg; PAGESETUPDLG& psd =3D dlg.m_psd; PRINTDLG pd; pd.hDevNames =3D NULL; pd.hDevMode =3D NULL; AfxGetApp ()->GetPrinterDeviceDefaults(&pd); ///////////////////////////////////////// //This works for the first t...

Repositining Title on Title Page of Outline
I want to reposition the Title and subtitle, higher on the Title page. The Page Setup/Layout is alreadyin Vertical alignment, and I do not use "blank lines". Once I indicated which line was the Title and which line was the Subtitle, Word placed the Title and Subtitle one inch below the top margin. How can I move the Title and Subtitle higher on the page? Click on the Show/Hide (¶) button and look for empty paragraphs above your title. Also check the formatting of the paragraph for space before it. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless y...

Investment Summary on Home Page #2
My investment summary on my Home Page shows some stocks I haven't had for years, and is missing some that I currently own. How can I choose what to display? Thanks -- David Schwartz Commack, NY I just noticed the same thing on my Investment Summary. My Portfolio manager is correct, but the Investment Summary is out of date. Any help out there?? "David Schwartz" <who4ever@optonline.net> wrote in message news:awdLh.18$Bx.6@newsfe12.lga... > My investment summary on my Home Page shows some stocks I haven't had for > years, and is missing some that I c...