Revert to old version of a file?

I clicked Save instead of Save as, can I get back the old version
0
c (162)

Might be lucky and find it in the temp folder. Type %temp% in the address bar in
Windows Explorer. Find files with the prefix "pub", change the .tmp to .pub.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Eva C" <Eva C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I clicked Save instead of Save as, can I get back the old version

0
gsauer (5093)

Can't open file
I loaded MS Powerpoint (I was one of the unlucky ones who purchased the XP Office version that did not include it), and two of my files will no longer open in Publisher. They are based on an inventory template. Other existing ..pub files I had created do open, but these two do not. The templates display, then an error message pops up saying "Microsoft has encountered an error and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience". The program then shuts down. The error report contents are long. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program, but to no avail. Any ideas...

Save a new file with the name that is in cell "C7"
Here is what I want to do: Open up a template. Enter information. Click on save, and when the window shows up asking me to name the file, I want it to automatically use a file name with the value in cell C7. As an example, if cell C7 has "Milton 287-12", I want to automatically name the file"Milton 287-12" when I save for the first time. Is this possible? Thanks, Joe Hi, Lunker, Try pasting the following code into a macro sheet and running it with Alt-F8 Change the path to whatever you require between the quote in line 3 and "A1" to whatever cell you want...

Converting JPG files to VSD files?
Three questions; 1. Is there a simple way to convert JPG files to Viso? 2. Or is there a way to scale them to a Viso drawing? 3. If 1-2 can't be done what if I was to draw lines on top of the imported jpg floor plan layout using it as a guide then save that as a vsd file? Thanks Bud jpgs are bit oriented and cannot be converted to visio. you might consider inserting your image into a background page and then create your drawing on an associated foreground page (using page setup). I'd probably use the building plan templates because of the dimensioning stencils to validate tha...

versioning
Does Excel have versioning (ala the versioning option in Word under file)? How do I use Excel's versioning feature, if it exists? If it doesn't exist, are there some reasonable alternatives? There's no automatic version control in Excel. You could choose File>Save As, and give add the date to the file name at the end of each day. You might want to do something similar in your Word documents too. The built-in version control can cause corruption, according to this article on the Word MVP web site: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/DisplayVersions.htm Chris wrote: &g...

Need Help setting up .oft file
I need some help setting up an .oft file to apply to a rule for an autoresponse. I use a popmail server so the autoresponse function in Outlook does not apply to my application. Can anyone offer some advice? Thanking you in advance. If we knew your version of Outlook and if you used word as your editor we could help... where you run into problems doing it would help us target the response as well. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/ou...

opening earlier version documents
I have Publisher 2000. Someone sent me a file from an earlier version. Publisher says it can't open other versions. Is there a way to open it. Jon C I suspect the received document is actually a later version. Have your sender save the publication as a 2000 Publisher document and resend. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com <jonc@superiorfibers.com> wrote in message news:1178635044.541799.227920@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >I have Publisher 2000. Someone sent me a file from an earlier version. > P...

e-mail settings and pst file
I am planning to copy the .pst file from my desktop to my laptop to ensure I can work away from my desk. The laptop accesses the internet using a mobile bradband dongle and uses slightly diferent e-mail settings to the desktop. When I transfer the .pst file will the e-mail settings transfer to the laptop or can I use settings just for the laptop and keep them even when the ..pst transfers across? Account settings are not part of the .PST file, just make sure Outlook is closed on BOTH machines when doing the .PST transfers. Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer...

Pivot Tables
I have a excel file a fairly large database in one sheet and another sheet for pivot tables from that databse. once the pivot tables are loaded the capacity jumps from a mere 175 or 200 kb to 9 or 10 mb. and gives me difficulties in saving the file in network drives. how can i keep the file to low capacity and also keep the pivot tables information. I refresh the Pivot tables only once a week and the result stays as it is till the next week. -- M Imran Buhary I used to have a similar problem. The answer, as I see it, is to recognise that the sheet with the database in it shoudl be in ...

Word 2010: cannot save normal.dotm file?
Using the Word 2010 beta on Win7. I cannot save my Normal.dotm file - at least not usefully. I can open the file, edit it, add macros to it, whatever, and it will save (in the folder directory, the .dotm file will show a change in file size). But if I close Word, or if I open a new document in Word, the Normal.dotm file is reset to the default, losing any changes I've made. I can save and use other .dotm templates; but not the default Normal.dotm template. You've posted to the Mac Word group, so there isn't much help available here on a Beta version for Windows. Tr...

can you download files from microsoft 2003 to 2007?
Please use the big textbox to post a comprehensible question. "Download" to me means to transfer a file from a site on the Internet to a local computer; and there is no such product as "microsoft 2003". What do you have? What are you trying to accomplish? John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Things that have gone wrong with my Money file in the past 2 days
1. My two bank accounts that download statements via the MSN Money website (which in turn uses the Yodlee service) stopped updating both on the website and within Money. The error message said to fix it I needed to stop using the "online services" then reenable it, but when I did, I received an "Account setup is unavaiable" message on one of the two accounts. I did this 4 or 5 times, for kicks. Finally today I got them both to work.. for now. 2. The starting balances of two other bank accounts conveniently reset themeslves from one value to another, seemingly randomly, ...

Insert XML string into XML File: Part 2
Thanks to some good help from a previous post, I have been able to create well formed xml as part of a report logger app. However, I still have a small problem. When I add new xml to the log file, the new nodes are appended to the original file. What I really want is for the log file to grow as "report nodes" are added. Also, I am a bit concerned about performance, particularly as the file grows in size. I must write to an xml file (vs. a database) and am trying to understand the best way to do this. I prefer to not use "temp files" and would like to just modify the ...

Viewing and selecting files
I must be missing something. I think I have V11 of media player and it's suposed to be easy to use. I just want to simply view and select mp3's from a folder on my C drive and then burn to a cd as a data cd. I only want to see the files in a certain folder and not all the music files on my computer. This was very straight forward using Easy CD Creator. How is this done? It this possible? Thanks in advance. In WMP, press F3 and in the dialog that appears, add the folder containing the MP3's to the list and click OK. This will add the MP3's to the library. Then...

Why can't I save Publisher files since an XP upgrade?
-- 89Q Radio Trial version? Maybe the time has run out. Are you saving to your hard drive? Can you open files? Do you get an error? What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Coy" <Coy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4666111-8322-43AA-BD05-A1E24D4D7C23@microsoft.com... > > -- > 89Q Radio Mary: I have used Publisher 2002 for a couple of years now. It was only recently (since an upgrade t...

file save as word 2003 xp pro
Scenario I open a document called test.doc and make a change. I use the file save as option and call the file test.doc. It doesn't prompt me to overwrite the existing test.doc shouldn't it?? I belive it did in earlier versions?? No - if you open a document and use SaveAs to save it with the same name you won't get a prompt. If you use SaveAs to save it with a different existing name, you will. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site...

Event log file is full
I creating an ASP .Net application with a SQL Server database backend. When I try to create as connection using the wizard the following error appears "The event file log is full. How can I clear this file? Where is the file located. Any assistance is appreciated. -- Tony On Dec 16, 12:35=A0am, Tony A. <To...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I creating an ASP .Net application with a SQL Server database backend. = =A0When > I try to create as connection using the wizard the following error appear= s > "The event file log is full. > > How...

CSV file displaying ###### instead of $nn,nnn
Hi I used PHP's 'fgetcsv' (http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.fgetcsv.php) to write data to a ..csv file. The data pretty much formatted when I opened it in 'Context' (http://www.context.cx/) but when opened in Excel 2003, one column which contains data like *"$105,138"* is showing as *########*. When the cell is hovered over it shows *$105,138* in the tip but shows *105138* in the top textbox (the one next to fx label) How do I 'tell' Excel to display *$105,138* instead of *########* ? Thanks -- anjanesh Freelance Developer --------------------...

REading Publisher files burned to a CD
Copy the files to your hard drive. Publisher doesn't do well with removable media. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Bruno Ottavi" <bottavi@insight.rr.com> wrote in message news:dekVd.2395$3t3.1039@fe2.columbus.rr.com... > > ...

Upgrading to 2008, cannot transfer old identity
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Installed 2008 on a MacBook Pro. Office Setup Assistant found two previous identities - the main identity, and a backup (from a previous database rebuild). I checked the box next to the main identity and selected to transfer it. However, nothing happens, and the setup assistant continues to ask me which identity I want to transfer. I tried checking the backup identity, also, and it transfers over (it turns gray on completion), but I cannot get the main identity to transfer. On 10/13/09 11:18 AM, in article 59b7e851.-1@w...

Still issues uninstalling Publisher trial version
When I try to unstall or install over top of the trial version of Publisher, it askes me for the original MSI file (pubtri.msi). I do not have this file and can not locate it on microsofts website so that I my remove it. does anyone have any idea's on how I can remove the trail version so that I can get the real one installed. Thanks Glenn Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301&Product=off2003 Error Message: This Installation Package Could Not Be Opened http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb...

missing installation files
After installing the MSN premier software with verizon dsl, outlook stopped working. I can't check email, I can't modify my email accounts and doing the detect and repair option from the help menu leads to an error message that says that the patch installation files or the source file is missing. I've tried reinstalling and doing a repair from the CD but I get a similar message saying that the installation files are missing. I also tried to download the latest office updates, but I get an error message saying the same thing: "installation files (.msp) are missing......

Next version of Office for Mac

Importing CSV file field mapping
When importing a CSV file for contacts or leads: How can I expand the drop down list of field choices under the Microsoft CRM fields to included fields such as Account, alternative address information, etc.? The current limited amount of fields keeps me from importing information currently contained within our Outlook based contact system. What I do to expand the number of fields exported from Outlook is to Export the contact records from Outlook to MS Access, then export the access contact table as a CSV file. This process gives me more information to import (i.e., other addres...

can you edit a print shop file in publisher?
Is the print shop software compatible with MS Publisher. No, it is not compatible. You could export your printshop item as an image and insert that image into Publisher, but you will only be able to edit the image as an image, you won't be able to edit text, etc. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Tthomas" <Tthomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96D872CD-E940-4891-86F9-23F0E21CC8F2@microsoft.com... > Is the print shop softwa...

show log file at the end
Hi, there, I would like to show the log file, which contains the information about the commands exectued and the processed files' name, at the end of program. How to do that? And how to show a txt file in the dialog? Any suggestion and sample code are highly appreciated! Thanks Gary ...