resize a page

In the older Publishers you could resize a page that had text and pictures in
and it would adjust the print size etc to fit. I cant seem to do this in 2003.

eg Select all areas on one page and lock together, copy this to a 1/2 page
and adjust by resizing from the corner.. the page would now be a smaller copy
of the original and all the text and pictures would have been resized in
proportion.
In 2003 it only seems to chage the boxes and not the contents size?

0
Mikee (38)

While in a state of withdrawal waiting for components to arrive to repair
his dead laptop, Ed notices a message from "Mikee"
<Mikee@discussions.microsoft.com>.
> eg Select all areas on one page and lock together, copy this to a 1/2 page
> and adjust by resizing from the corner.. the page would now be a smaller
> copy
> of the original and all the text and pictures would have been resized in
> proportion.

I have never been able to do this in any version of Publisher, unless I had
Autofitting or Copyfitting enabled, or I was using exclusively WordArt.
Publisher 2003 behaves like all older versions in this respect, sorry.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
My faith in Toshiba notebooks: 2003 - 2004 RIP

0
the_nerd (6342)

Inserting a Publisher 2003 page be inserted into a Word 2007 docu.
I created an announcement in Publisher and now want to use the entire publisher page in a newsletter. I used Publisher 2003 for the announcement and Word 2007 for the newsletter. How do I go about it? Select the entire Publisher page and save it as a JPEG or GIF. Then use Insert | Picture | From File to insert it in Word. You may be able to just select and copy everything on the page in Publisher and then paste it into Word, but saving it as a picture will probably give better results. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http...

chg opening page of outlook2003
My Outlook 2003 is opening to Personal Folders and I can't figure out how to change that to open to the Inbox!!! Also I created a new folder and can't figure out how to get it on my short cut bar on the left? Thank you Tools->options->other->advanced. Change the opening folder to what you want. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Jan the Outlook Dummy asked: | My Outlook 2003 is opening to Personal...

Apply a new design to a page in my publication
On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 21:11:31 +0000, Christi wrote (in article <4C3E5380-289B-451D-A2CC-035E04C4D662@microsoft.com>): > Well go on then. What's stopping you? ...

blank page -retrieve doc
Although my file is 39kb large on one page, it appears as a blank page, how can I retrieve/view the doc? ...

Troubleshooting set up of a custom page size
I am using Publisher 2003 to print a banner. With my previous computer and Publisher 98 I had no problem using banner paper. Now, there isn't an option for banner paper, so I tried to add it as a custom size. I followed the directions to add the paper size in the general printer settings. It appeared to be accepted but now my new custom size does not show up as a choice when selecting a print paper size. What could I be doing wrong? Is there a reason why Publisher 2003 does not have a default setting to use banner paper? spring cardinal <spring cardinal@discussions.microso...

Not Printing All Pages
Hello, I am using Steven's ReporttoPDF function which is working tremendously well for me. However, I am running into an issue for which I cannot find a solution. I have a report that produces a single summary page for each employee in the database. For example, if the particular string returns 35 employees, the report will be 35 pages. I can preview the reports just fine, and for the above example I will see 35 pages in normal preview mode. However, when I print to PDF, only 15 pages get printed. There are not any font issues as each page is identical to the prior page with o...

Detecting Page Change in MultiPage
What event triggers a change of page in a multievent. I am designing multipage data entry form. Each page has a count of the number of dat entry errors. I want to be able to prevent switching to another page i there are errors on the existing page. How can I capture the movemen to another page? I would ideally check the error count during that event and ac accordingly. Any help is appreciated -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com There's a multipage_change event that you can tie into. Option Explicit Dim CurPage As Long Dim blkProc As Boolean Dim DataEntryErrors(0 To 3) A...

how do you have the headings scroll down the page as you move dow
How do you have the column headings scroll with you as you work downward on a page ?? Help . . . Bless you for information - much needed ! Thanks hi i think you might be interested in freeze panes. Place the cellpointer at A2. 2003 and earlier. on the menu bar>window>freeze panes. 2007 view tab>window group>freeze panes the above position will freeze row1. if you have more than 1 row for headers, move the cellpointer down all rows above the cellpointer will freeze. you can also freeze columns by placing the cellpointer at b2( or where ever). all columns to t...

html emails printing blank pages
When trying to print an HTML formatted email that contains text only, it prints the header properly, but the body of the email is blank. What setting am I missing here? Can someone solve my issue? Thanks in advance. Troy We use that as a temporary work around. Pasting into a blank word document works and will generate the text when printing, but we would like to be able to print as expected. Any other suggestions? Thanks >-----Original Message----- >Try copying the content into a blank Word document and see if it is >something to do with formatting. >"Troy"...

Printing selected pages... NOT happening
I have a WORD document (2007) that I want to select two pages to print from the 20 total pages. When I go in to the print options and select the two pages and then go to print them I get page 19 ONLY !!??? I have googled this and can't seem to find an answer to why if I select page 11 and 15 then print, I get page 19. I have tried several different formatting setting, s1s1, s1p1, and so on but every printing still comes out with page 19. I'm starting to think it the acutual document itself that is messed up somehow. Any ideas or suggestion? Thanks Alan How i...

page size limitations when using two displays
I was about to post a question on this subject when I finally found the answer. I'm posting anyway it because others may be similarly perplexed. I recently added a second digital monitor to my wife's computer. It makes working on big spread sheets much easier. I have had two monitors on my computer for several months. Both run Excel97 under WinXP-pro. The original (first and older) monitor is set up to be viewed at a much lower resolution, 1280 x 768 pixels as compared to the 1680 x 1050 pixels on the new digital display. The video card is a Radeon 9200 Series that has the c...

Resizable CPropertySheet In Resizable CFormView
I'm trying to build an MFC-based SDI app that has a look somewhat like that shown by Joseph M. Newcomer at http://www.flounder.com/proppage.gif in his page "The Graphical Developer Interface" ( http://www.flounder.com/gdi.htm ). The property sheet and the pages in it should be resizable, and it's the resizing that I'm having problems with. I selected a CFormView-based application and put a CPropertySheet in it, with appropriate pages. (I selected a CFormView over a dialog-based app because I wanted the framework's support for all the things you don't get with a...

different footer for each page on one worksheet
Hello: I have a workbook with one worksheet. The one worksheet is 240 rows and prints on 7 pages. From a format perspective, each page is identical; however, each page represents a different entity and thereby has a different name and #s in it. How can I make each printed pages footer include the unique name of each entity? Thanks! You could make each page a separate worksheet within the workbook, but still print them together by selecting all the worksheets (right-click on any one of them). By having seven worksheets, you can make the name and numbers unique to each one. To create the six...

how to size page file on non-os volume
We have a Dell PE 2950 with 32 GB RAM, running w2k8 sp2. It has 5 SAS disks and is set as a single RAID 5, with two volumes C and D. C: is for OS and D: is for data. The server is used for flat file server but with heavy export and import one in the morning and one in the afternoon for a couple hours. Whenever this happens the server became very slow, almost non-responding. Those export and import to set to use D:. We have set 33 GB page file on C:. It improved but not much. Still have "lockup". Since the heavy load is on logical volume D: I'm wondering: ...

home page will not work
Publishers 2003 www.tccu.com The site was working just fine until I tried to change a hyperlink destination on the index.html folder. When I did this my it throw off my homepage and now it does not fully show everything that it needs to. Everything under this folder(http://www.tccu.net/index_text.html )will not show when I publish the site, but it will show up in the design view. Somehow I cant put the two togther!!! PLEASE I have spent countless of hours trying to fix this problem...any help would trully be appreciated. The website www.tccu.com loads just fine, and is not a Pu...

Hyperlinking to a Chart as a separate page in Excel 2007
I have charts as separate pages in Excel 2007 that I would like to hyperlink to from a "dashboard." It appears that is not an option, however. When I go to Insert>Hyperlink>Place in this Document, the sheets containing charts are not displayed. Is there some workaround for this? Thanks, Michael Styles MCT, MCP, MCAS Hi, VBA code is the only way around hyperlinking to a chart sheet. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Hyperlinks.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Michael Styles" <mlstyles@nospam.nospam> wrote i...

Number count on page
Hi all, I must have done something by accident that caused a large number 1 to appear on the first page and 2 on the second page...and so on. This number does not appear when I print. But I would like to remove it from my worksheet. Does anyone know what it can be? Or how to turn it off? Thanks, Toan Hi Toan Maybe you are in page break preview? Try View>Normal in the menubar -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Toan Chau" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012301c3c4cb$dfd92120$a401280a@phx.gbl... ...

Loss of page setup
I created a couple of reports in Access 2K and almost once a week I have to go into design view and then page setup to return it to the specs I need to correctly print out the report. If my report is landscape, I find it returns back to portrait. If I setup margins the are set back to default. Why does it keep changing back??? Driving me crazy. Thanks for the help. On Jul 6, 10:36 pm, Diggar <Dig...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I created a couple of reports in Access 2K and almost once a week I have to > go into design view and then page setup to return it to the spec...

Centerizing the website page
Hello, I build a website by publisher 2007. 1.All of the pages of my website are blank (white) 3 cm along the the right side of the page - How acna I centralize the page or strech page the it can viewed in IE as a full page? 2. I created a form by the wizard, How can I define a path for saving the form while I press submit? 3. How do I read cgi forms ? Thanks, Nir This works only for websites created with Publisher 2000 & 2002. There are other fixes for other versions of Publisher. Sorry, I don't have them. Each of your html files requires adding the <center> code after t...

2003: Page Setup missing from File menu
Is this by design or have I done something strange? I want to freeze the top line to repeat on all sheets and cannot find anywhere else to do that. tcebob File>Page Setup is gone from your menu? It should be there. Are you missing anything else? Try putting Page Setup back onto the File Menu. Tools>Customize>Commands>File Scroll down to "Page Setup" and left-click drag to File Menu. If you have other things missing from your menus maybe you should just try re-setting all. Tools>Customize>Toolbars. Select Worksheet Menu bar and &q...

OWA Options Page
We have a user in our company that is not able to view the options page, the pane where it should be shows "Page Cannot Be Displayed", this occurs inside out network, using the IP address of our exchange server, and outside, which is published through ISA 2004 using forms based authentication. I have tested it with other accounts, and do not have this issue, although the user in question is in the same groups as others no having issues. This is confusing, usually errors occur to everyone on a whole, not one specific user, but that is what's happening. Any info is apprec...

page level httpruntime timeout
Trying to get a page level timeout working with asp.net 2.0 and IIS 6. Appears to be possible using location element: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/b6x6shw7(VS.80).aspx Tried (both true and false) "This time-out applies only if the debug attribute in the compilation element is False.": http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/e1f13641.aspx My configuration setting: <configuration> <location path="RecycleAppPools.aspx"> <httpRuntime executionTimeout="420"/> </location> </configuration> Any...

Macro
Ok Im a bit stumped. I am building a work book that data on a shee called worksheet is changed every day. Certain parts of that data nee to go to a sheet called Feb (and the rest of the months as each da comes by) Problem is I will need to do 356 macros and buttons t accomplish this. But I know there has to be an easier way. Right no the macro is: Sub Move1() ' ' Move1 Macro Sheets("WorkSheet").Select Range("D10:D205").Select Selection.Copy Sheets("Feb").Select Range("C10").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone SkipBlan...

Resizing a package
I am using the UML template in Visio 2003. When I add a package to a Static Structure diagram, I want to resize the package based on classes that I want to add to fit inside it, not the amount of text in the package name. How do I turn off text-based resizing. also, how do I turn on the vertical resize handles? Only the horizontal handles work for resizing. Hi Alane, UML shapes has restrictions towards resizing. Thats's the way Visio has build them. In order to enable resizing you need to ungroup the shape the you need to drill down the shapes and remove the protections set to shap...

How do I get a postcard to cover the whole page
Are you looking to fit a single postcard to a single page or are you looking to have multiple postcards per page? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Denisha" <Denisha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7A2CD20-BB57-40FB-B3BD-1721FF1EDBBB@microsoft.com... > Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP] wrote: > Are you looking to fit a single postcard to a single page or are you > looking to have multiple postcards per page? I would guess, Br...