Removing grid and column lines

i am trying to create an invoive in publisher 2003. Having a problem getting rid of the column and grid lines. It says to click on arrange and the go and change the grid lines to one but they are already at one and I can't seem to get rid of the lines. I would most certainly appreciate any help with this.
Thank you

Click on the table to select it.
From the Menu click on Table > Table Auto Format > [None]. This removes any
table and/or cell gridlines.
dargill

"BOB" <blindguy01@comcast.net> wrote in message
> i am trying to create an invoive in publisher 2003. Having a problem getting
rid of the column and grid lines. It says to click on arrange and the go and
change the grid lines to one but they are already at one and I can't seem to get
rid of the lines. I would most certainly appreciate any help with this.
> Thank you

0
jgillig1 (12)
1/25/2004 4:51:21 AM
Bob are you trying to do this on a Publisher table or an imported
spreadsheet?

donotknock (1941)
1/26/2004 3:07:51 AM
Different Bob, but I am still watching and waiting for a solution to the linking of a excell spreadsheet that will not show the grid lines.  Bob L.
0
anonymous (74722)
1/27/2004 1:56:06 AM
If it's in Pub 2003, I believe it's a known glitch. You're going to have a
grid. (Don't know about other versions of Pub.)

--

JoAnn

Two things are aesthetically perfect in the world - the clock and the cat.
                  --Emile-August Chartier

"Bob L." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Different Bob, but I am still watching and waiting for a solution to the
linking of a excell spreadsheet that will not show the grid lines.  Bob L.

0
jl_amerson (3088)
1/27/2004 2:45:11 AM
Bob you will be waiting a looooooooooooooong time for a fix - that is if
there is one forthcoming which I doubt.

Probably will be a situation buy the next version.

I don't have this issue, must be a difference in some DLL or something, so
cannot be a major glitch.

donotknock (1941)

show columns on other worksheet without using formulas
Hi, I have 1 worksheet containing lot's records. Just like in access, each line is 1 record, and each column contains data. ex: WORKSHEET 1: name title address city 1 dfjw kjhk kjhkj kjhk 2 lmkj lkjlk lkjkuf guyg 3 drdtg xcx yjutuy hgyy Now I want to have a selection of columns on worksheet 2: ex, only name and title: WORKSHEET 2: name title 1 dfjw kjhk 2 lmkj lkjlk 3 drdtg xcx I will only add/modify rows in worksheet 1. And I want that this is filled automaticaly in worksheet...

Mailbox moves to Ex2003 don't remove 5.5 mailbox
I have moved several hundred mailboxes from an Exchange 5.5 server running on Windows 2000 to an Exchange 2003 SP1 server running on Windows 2003 without any issues. However, lately I have moved two mailboxes (seperately) and have run into a problem. The Move Mailbox wizard shows a successful move and the mailbox does appear in the Exchange 2003 server, but the mailbox also appears in the Exchange 5.5 server. So, there are two mailboxes for a single account. I have reviewed article 299473 which seems to describe what is happening (although I have not used Replmon.exe to confirm this...

how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work sheet
how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work sheet Try going to the View menu and unchecking Page Break Preview On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 11:01:08 -0800, "parker1230" <parker1230@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work sheet You may be in page break preview mode. Go to "View" and select "normal" Regards Bill K "parker1230" <parker1230@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A65FC73-CAA0-428D-8ECD-0C2A2E15B799@microsoft.com... > how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work she...

Manufacturing Job Cost Link to PO Line and PO Receipt
Upon our upgrade to GP 10 we encountered a “BUG”. We use the “Manufacturing Job Cost Module” to link our PO lines and RCT lines to jobs. Typically when you receive a po line that is linked to a job number, it carries the link to the receipt line, but since we upgraded to GP 10, this doesn’t work! The link is stored in the ICJC3100 and ICJC3110 for PO lines, ICJC3200 and ICJC3210 for PO RCTs. Currently the ICJC3200 and ICJC3210 tables don’t have the links that they should. We have not changed anything in the Transaction List Setup, it still is set to link “all” transactions. Any hel...

Installing Test Exch2003 and remove
Hi all, I want to install trial exchange 2k3 in production environment which has exch 5.5 site as mail server. What I want to do is install Exch 2k3 using 'first exch server in domain' option and don't touch exch5.5 at all. And use it for few weeks and remove it. Then we would like to decide purchase and re-install it, or outsource, or keep 5.5. Is this possible? I'm afraid that once Exch2k3 installed and modified ActiveDirectory schema, 5.5 stop working and can not remove 2k3. thanks in advance As a rule, always use a test lab. On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:30:03 -0500, &...

x-y Line Graph question
I have a line graph. X is dates and Y is numeric data. I am plotting 12/1/2005 through 1/30/2006. The problems is my series does not start at the "left most" point of 12/1/2005, it is shifted slightly. And the line does not end at the "right most" point of 1/30/2006. Any ideas will be appreciated. thanks! XL has two distinct chart types even though they look similar, the XY Scatter chart and the Line chart. There is no XY Line graph. I believe you have a Line graph. Double-click the x-axis and from the Scale tab uncheck the 'Value (Y) axis crosses betwe...

two line bar graph
i have a two line bar graph. one of the graphs is just a straight line that shows .1 below the avg, so it changes as diff data is entered. i need the label to move with the line as the line moves up or down. the way i have it now is by just using the text box which doesnt move as the line moves. is there some way to tie the label in with the line movement? Remove the textbox, then add a data label to one of the endpoints of the line series. The data label will move with the point. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/...

Excel 2007
When you set reverse categories for the horizontal axis, I noticed that the legend (which I normally placed at the bottom of the chart), did not correspondingly reverse. Is this WAD (working as designed) ? If not, how can i overcome this as the reader would have to mentally "remap" the legend to the bar chart. Thanks very much. Hi, Reversing the Axis categories will not effect the legend order. To do that you need to change the Series Order. In 2007 this is none via the Select Data Source dialog. Chart Tools > Design > Data > Select Data. Use the Up/Down arrows in the...

how do i split a column
i have a worksheet with three columns but want to split column C in to two from row 37 down while keeping only three columns from rows 1-36. How can i do this? You can't. You could merge C1 & D1, C2 & d2 etc. but it seems a bit of overkill. What is the reason for this, there may be another solution? -- HTH RP "craig.d" <craig.d@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:973F49DB-EF87-4F64-AA13-7AEB3563757A@microsoft.com... > i have a worksheet with three columns but want to split column C in to two > from row 37 down while keeping only three col...

two decimals - remove percentage sign
Hello everyone, I have percentages that i'm displaying in graphs with data labels. I'd like to remove the % sign so it is easier to view the data labels because the graphs are small, and i'd like to do it with custom formatting because there is quite a lot of data that i dont want to convert to whole numbers. I think the best way to do this is to somehow use custom formatting in format cells -->number-->custom to multiply by 100 and display it that way. is that possible? Thanks for the help! Adam ...

legend problem in mixed line-scatter graph Excel 2007
I have a mixed line-scatter chart with 4 line series (labeld 'A' to 'D') and 4 scatter series (labeled 'A mean' to 'D mean') which represent mean values of respective line series. A to C and respective mean series are linked to 1st Y-axis, D and D mean to 2nd Y-axis. I only want to show legend keys for line series (A to D). When I delete the non-wanted keys (all mean labels) Excel shows the correct legend. When I save and reopen file, legend is messed-up; only serie keys A to C are shown, not D, instead one of the mean keys is shown. Why is that ? ...

Chart
Hello, I created a line column chart on 2 axis. I have four data sets. The first 3 should go on the primary Y axis as columns and the 4th should go on the secondary Y axis as a line. However, Excel wants to automatically put both the 3rd and 4th data sets on the secondary axis as lines. I cannot find any command to change the 3rd data set to go onto the primary axis as a column. Any suggestions would be most appreciated! -Patty On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:27:33 -0800, Patty = <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I created a line column chart on 2 ...

Calling all experts: Rebuilding a 1400 line IMS.... Suggestions
I am the recipient of an IMS containing nearly 1400 Summary and Detail Tasks. The problems I have are that there looks like there is some form of corruption in the file and I after 50+% completion, I have to insert new "work" numbers. I have tried using various methods to easily remove the corruption (saving as another file and opening that new file in Project) but has been unsuccessful and breaks the schedule more. The project has already been baselined, and we are over 50% complete the project. Here in lies the main trouble. The IMS is currently resourced with ...

How to remove surf.mar@ pop up in Money 2008?
I'm having a problem with Microsoft Money 2008 Plus Home & Business and I think it must be a security setting thats not set right, but I can't find where to change it. It has something to do with Internet Explorer & Money (according to Google search). When I first open up the program it immediately pops up a box saying: Do you want to open or save this file? Name: MNY1CB4.surfplace Type: SurfBoard Shim Doc Object View, 1.50KB From: surf.mar@ I click open and it will load the login page. I enter my login and it says the exact same thing over again. I hit open and i...

Gantt Chart Missing One Task Line When Printed
Hello! I am completely stumped here with Project 2007. When printing the gantt chart line 30 of my plan is blank. The line number is there, but the task info and bar is blank. It shows up in print preview. All other lines show up fine and the rest of the project prints fine as per my print settings - just missing one line! Printer drivers are updated, software has current update - anyone ever heard of this? I really appreciate your help! Hi Jean, Do you see a different answer if you turn off 3D bars? Tools > Options, View tab. There were some early problems with 3D ...

line feature unavailable
I use Pub. 2000 at work, purchased 2002 for home but can't get the line/border style to highlight. I'm sure it's something simple but what? The line/border style will not highlight until you have an object selected. If you want to put a border on your page before anything else, you will have to manually create a rectangle, select it, all the editing features will be highlighted. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kdvATfidalgo.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Column names are 1,2,3,....
I just noticed today that the column names in my excel spreadsheets are no longer alphabetical, but are numerical. The column marked "1" is defined by excel as column "1C", and row "1" is defined as row "1R". How can I get the column names to change back to the alphabet? Thanks Hi! G! Use: Tools > Options > General Remove check from "R1C1 reference style" -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good...

Manual removal
Anyone know of the proper way to manually remove CRM for Outlook. I went to remove it, i get the message that it has to be uninstalled by the person who installed it which is the user. BUT, that user left long ago and the account was deleted. I just have not had luck finding the manual removal instructions. -- Thanks Knavas This doesnt always work. I have had to reinstall the OS before. In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, expand SOFTWARE, expand Microsoft, and then expand MSCRM. Delete the key: MSCRM If possible use Add/Remove Programs to uninstall the application. If Microsoft CRM Sales fo...

Splitting multiple cell contents from 1st column into 4 columns
n my first column I have 4 cells (1-4) (5-8) etc. with general content. The content from each of these 4 cells needs to be placed in a separate column to make a list that I can sort etc. Example: COLUMN A 1 01-04-425-001 2 Heatherridge Road #301 3 Harry Smith 4 H25 Condo Fairfax Place 5 01-05-356-041 6 McGrath Street # 56 7 Mary Jones 8 B45 Condo Lemon Circle . . . . . . and so on and so on every 4 cells. I have hundreds of 4 cell descriptions. I just can't do this one by one. Can anyone help, PLEASE, PLEASE. I am really a novice at Excel though I use it for e...

Activate email column to hyperlinks
I have a colume of email addresses in an excel 2002 document. I need to make them active hyperlinks - How ? Microsoft instuctinos are useless here. can't they be converted in one batch to active hyperlinks so when the email address is clicked on, the email program opens in a fresh email ? Many thanks for any help http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm#MakeHyperlinks -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "DixieWins" <DixieWins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F59C7F2-63DE-410B-B6FF-0EA29ECC8A35@microsoft.com... > I have a colume of email addr...

Removing debug information
Hello. I'm looking for a tool that removes the debug information out of an Debug Exe File. --I only have the exe file-- Thanks, Janiv Ratson. Lot of protection programs have this as part of the protection process. E.g. Crypkey advises to use a tool in their package to strip away the debug info, and to catch any debugger that attaches to the process. No need to say that a debug version doesn't make much sense any more :-) J�rgen Devlieghere "Janiv Ratson" <janiv@aoe6.net> wrote in message news:%23fgIm%23HgFHA.2424@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hello. > I'm l...

Draw continous vertical line in report detail section
My report has a report header approx 1.5" tall, a page header approx 0.5" tall, followed by the detail section. How can I print a fixed height detail section with verticle lines even if there are only a few records? Essentially, trying to replicate a paper form. The line starts at the bottom of the page header and continues to the top of page footer. In a post a couple days ago, Allen Browne recommended the below for drawing a line down the entire page.....this close, and I am trying to figure out a similar approach for the detail section. Private Sub Report_Page() Me....

Remove orphan domains for EXCH 2007 install
In a test disaster recovery environment, we have recovered our DC, and would like to remove two child domains that are obviously not reachable. What is the most clean and easiest way to accomplish this? Sorry for the lack of depth to this question, I am fairly new to AD. What we have done is rebuilt our DC, rebuilt an Exchange box, and now on another box we are trying to install a beta instance of Exchange 2007. In order to continue with the install, AD must not see the child domains it can no longer reach. Thanks for your help Gregg On 4 Oct 2006 09:07:20 -0700, "Gregg" <gre...

Invalid column name 'ASSN_ENTSUMPROJID'
I have Project Server 2003 with SP3, SQL2005 database When i am saving a project to the Project Server, i am getting the following message: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'ASSN_ENTSUMPROJID' This is happning to just one project. Please help me understand the reason behind this and if you have a solution to fix this issue. Thanks VM Find the stored procedure executing that SQL command, name of the stored procedure is in the same line of the log (ULS). Go to the procedure and re-compile it, ensure there are no red-underlined lines. ...

Removing Display of cost fields
We use manufacturing and SOP. I have a request by the owner to remove the display of the current and standard cost fields for all but a select few users. The users would still need to be able to see the price lists. Is this possible? You could use Modifier to create copies of the existing forms, hide the cost fields, and grant security to the modified forms to the users you don't want viewing the cost data. Grant security to the unmodified forms to those users you do want to see the cost data. It would be nice if you could do this in Field Level Security but unfortun...