removing footers from publisher 2002 file?

somehow, I don't know how, an unwanted FOOTER is in place at the bottom
of the page of a
Microsoft Publisher XP file.   The HELP file that comes with the
software did not offer instructions on how to remove it.

Can anyone reading this offer a suggestion on how to completely remove
it (cut it out)?

all replies welcomed!

Aaron

0
aaronep (27)

Hi aaronep@pacbell.net (aaronep@pacbell.net),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| somehow, I don't know how, an unwanted FOOTER is in place at the
|| bottom of the page of a
|| Microsoft Publisher XP file.   The HELP file that comes with the
|| software did not offer instructions on how to remove it.
|| Can anyone reading this offer a suggestion on how to completely
|| remove it (cut it out)?

Go to View > Header and Footer or View > Masterpage and delete the footer.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)

file will not save
One of my excel files will not save. it seems to work ok, but when i try to save it, i get a "document not saved" message. the file cannot be closed unless i agree not to try to save it. any ideas why i cannot save this file? #1. Are you working off a floppy? If yes, then don't do this. Use windows explorer to copy from floppy to harddrive and work from there (and save there). Then use windows explorer to copy back to floppy. #2. You're saving to a location that you don't have permission to save to. #3. Your diskdrive is out of space??? missionary wrote...

Missing File Day 3 No resolution ?
No. Is this file something that can be sent to me? -----Original Message----- From: "Diane Poremsky" <info@cdolive.com> Sent: 4/12/2004 8:15:04 PM Subject: Re: Missing file still.... did you have different versions or suites of office installed? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Kyle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Publishing Free/Busy Time
I was reading in the Help section that I can set our PCs to publish each person's Free/Busy time to our local server. Can anyone give me any extra information on hos I do this? I went to Tools/Options/Calendar Options/Free-Busy Time and foudn where I can setr it to do that. THe question is how exactly do I specify where to publish the information to, and how do I get all my PCs to be able to retireve the informatino to make it useful to everybody? THere's no Browse button so do I need to just type in a folder such as (X:\schedule) or something different? Just can't get it to wo...

ProbleM: when I restore a mailbox using Exmerge with a pst file, nothing is transferred.
Hi, I am practising Exmerge for a big remote site migration in a couple of weeks. One thing I dont understand is that I can backup one test mailbox fine using Exmerge (I know this works, as I have opened the mailbox pst file within outlook and everything is there), but when I perform the restore using the pst file, nothing happens. There is no error messages, and Emerge goes through the motions (though it finishes supsiciously quick), but when I open the mailbox, no emails have been restored. Although it is great that Exmerge is working for the backup part of the stage, I am disappointed it i...

Importing ofx file
I'm using Money 2004 Premium and I was downloading my bank account information in ofx format directly in Money; recently this stopped working and I have to manually import the file into money. Not a big deal, but an annoyance just the same. Does anyone have a suggestion as to a fix for this? tia dennisd In message <QK3kl.3776$rt3.617@newsfe15.iad>, dennis <djd@home.net> writes >I'm using Money 2004 Premium and I was downloading my bank account >information in ofx format directly in Money; recently this stopped working >and I have to manually import the fi...

error when opening .accdb file
I don't think this is a new issue but I can't seem to find the resolution... I get an error when opening my Access 2007 formatted database stating that the file could not be found, though at the same time the file opens successfully. -- Error is intermittent. On occasions where the error does not occur, the file opens normally (I have never had an occasion where the file did not open at all) -- I have only seen the error happen when I have a 'Display Form' set in the Application Options for the 'Current Database' -- The database contains macros, VBA m...

Default Folder for PST files?
I have a slightly different question relating to the above: I already have my current & archive pst files stored in my own personal folders. When I want to open my archive folder I right-click Outlook Today & select 'Open Outlook Data File'. Everytime, Outlook defaults to its own path (Documents & Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\) This is really annoying & I would like it to default to opening a customised path, such as C:\Mail\ Any suggestions? -- Cheers, James Goodman Hi James, if you want to displace your pst file, please ...

Publisher calendar, how can I show the previous/next month?
I need to show the past and previous months in blank days at the top of a per month calendar, but can't see how to do that. Thanks. Create a yearly calendar in a new publication. Ungroup, copy the separate months, paste to your main calendar. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jennie" <Jennie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF4CF698-ABB8-4F01-A667-CC6AA87A9732@microsoft.com... >I need to show the past and previous months in blank days at the top of a per > month calendar, but...

Importing Contract from .csv file is not working
Hi, I m new to CRM. I have two column in my .CSV file. name and phone number i am trying to imort them to CRM contact Module. Everything happen smooth, i mean mapping of fields. But it does not Import the Contact in to CRM , instead the task goes and sits into the Buld Import Activity. And shows the Status as "Pending". I am using CRM Client and all the services are running..... Please let me know what could be the problem.. Labhesh Shrimali Bangalore - India MCP. Hi you have to change the Log on account for the Workflow Service on the CRM Server Regards, Dirk F ...

Microsoft publisher, how do I set it to show multiple pages?
I'm trying to show more than one page in a single viewing pane. As in for the use of a banner. You'd think that'd be a simple and accesable function. I don't see it anywhere... Print preview has this function. Not sure if this is what you are asking... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "BrickShort" <BrickShort@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B42E0DAE-9DB6-4587-A157-3C2F5225FA02@microsoft.com... > I'...

Publisher 2003: How Do I "Flow" (rework) a CURRENT [saved] document?
Page Setup/Layout/Booklet/Landscape/Print two pages per sheet. With both Automatic and Manual "Two Sided Printing" the center page (both sides) is--- blank. At the bottom right, of each page in the document, is a "Text in Overflow" Icon. Right click does not present an option to--- flow, condense or correct. Thanks Johann Since you know the terminology, I'm a bit curious why you didn't look up "overflow" in the Help file. The very first link will tell you how to deal with this. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Johann B�cker&qu...

Changing of Cell protections after saving Excel File (2002)
This problem occurs when I protect a document using a macro 4.0 function: =PROTECT.DOCUMENT(TRUE,,,TRUE,TRUE). When I use the function within a macro4.0 macro, on an original file, everything works fine. The sheet has unlocked cells, and when the sheet is protected, it allows me to access those cells. But if I save the file, or save.as another name, then the fun begins. The enable selection of the sheet( view codes) has gone from 0-xlNoRestrictions to -4142- xlNoSelection. This locks me out of doing anything in the sheet. When I unprotect and then re-protect the sheet using the T...

How do I get upgarde for publisher 98 to 2000 ?
I have set up the publisher 98 but I have installed in office 2000 on my pc. My system is run win xp so now microsoft update office 2000 SR-1 ...so what shall I do then . aknz2004 wrote: >I have set up the publisher 98 but I have installed in > office 2000 on my pc. My system is run win xp so now > microsoft update office 2000 SR-1 ...so what shall I do > then . ======================================= If you want Publisher 2000, you'll have to purchase a copy of the program. You cannot upgrade Pub98 to Pub2000...they are two separate programs. -- John Inzer return e-mail...

Money 2002 Grabs download
I am using Quicken but wanted to tried out money 2002 installed on my new E machine computer. Now I try to download my bank info to Quicken but money grabs download with out asking me which one (Quicken or Money) to download to. Before I played with money it worked just fine. What can I do? I dont want to compleatly Kill Money off my system, I tried to cancel my bank Acc #. Help!!! Thanks Deny In microsoft.public.money, Deny wrote: >I am using Quicken but wanted to tried out money 2002 >installed on my new E machine computer. Now I try to >download my bank info to...

Money 2002 wont launch anymore
I have been usin Money 2002 for a year or so to do all my Banking. Today I double clicked the icon to launch the program I goa an hour glas for a sec or two but Money never came up. After repeated trys I attempted to reinstall it but it didn't help. Does antone have a clue? I can't pay my bill's!!! Thank you in advance.... Read the posts before posting. Sometimes you will find that your topic is the most discussed topic of the past week. Like this time. "Crazyhorse" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01c701c3fa73$04a91a00$a101280a@phx...

Bad File Name
I'm getting the Error #52, Bad File Name or Number. FileCopy "C:\PROSERV\DB\Restore.mdb", "C:\PROSERV\BU\Format(Date,""yyyymmdd"") & "".mdb" The file defintely exisits. Could it be the format part thats not right. Thanks DS DS wrote: >I'm getting the Error #52, Bad File Name or Number. > >FileCopy "C:\PROSERV\DB\Restore.mdb", >"C:\PROSERV\BU\Format(Date,""yyyymmdd"") & "".mdb" Hard to tell without knowing what file name you are looking for. Is this the same ...

How do I publish incoming FAXES to a public Folder?
Hi, I would like to know if its possible to instruct the Microsoft FAX Service to publish all incoming FAXES to a public folder as PDF. TIA Ferdinand http://www.aloaha.com/portal/html/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=1 89#189 "Ferdinand Engelhardt" <fengelh@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eorN6#7EFHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I would like to know if its possible to instruct the Microsoft FAX Service > to > publish all incoming FAXES to a public folder as PDF. > > TIA > Ferdinand > > http://tinyurl.com/6cdjb...

when starting excel, .doc & .dat file come up ?????
When I got my new computer at work XP Pro operating, w/2003 Office pro, every time I open Excel, about 12 .doc & .dat file pop up saying not excel format files, and I have to say close to everyone. Then, if automatically defaults to opening an excel file that is someone elses. I have tried running a repair, uninstalling and reinstalling, and nothing works. Never, have I had anything like this happen in my fifteen years. Any suggestions????? HELP it really slows me down. -- thankssomuch The first place I'd check is: Tools|Options|General Tab Make sure that the "at star...

How do I get sharp typeface when I email Publisher newsletter?
When I use Email preview or send Publisher newsletter by email, the type on the screen looks as if it's out of ink or it's been printed on a dot matrix. I'm using TT fonts, as suggested. What else can I do to get a clean looking emailed Newsletter? Convert it to a PDF. There are free converters around. www.primopdf.com has been mentioned here. As Matt Beals would say, Friends don't send friends HTML email. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Coral Ann" <Coral Ann@discussions.microsoft.co...

Shared excel file dissapears
We use a shared excel 2000 xls file shared on a w2k server as a production log. we now have about 30 users with about 12 users constantly editing. As we add more users the dissapearances seem to mount up. we are at about 2 a day now. I was wondering what the max amount vs the recommended amount of simultaneous users are. Are there any known issues which would cause excel to mysteriously vanish?? thanks cr -- http://QLiner.com It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried. - Winston Churchill ...

Publisher 2002 hangs
When trying to open some of my MSPUB files, the application just hangs. I have tried re-installing & my XP system is fully up-to-date. When I send in the error message and go to the recommendations, it says to update to a newer version of 2002 which I don't want to do - I like 2002 and I don't want to spend the money - or to check my system, which I did. I have changed my printer name as someone recommended - no change & I have tried to move some of the FONTS - also to no avail. I don't know where to get some help??? By the way some of my Publisher files open j...

Publisher 2003 file not updated on save
Hi, I have a client using Publisher 2003 under XP. The file she is working on, March.pub, is stored on a Windows 2003 server which she accesses via a mapped P: drive. Yesterday, she worked on a file most of the day and swears she did a Save very often. About 4pm, she saved, printed her work, exited from Publisher, logged off Windows, and went home. Today when she came in she opened the file, only to find that it was missing much of her work. I checked and in fact the latest version on the server is from about 1pm. I had no luck finding a temporary version on the XP machine's C: dr...

I have a e-mail in my delete file that will not deleate.
I have tried to delete a file from my junk mail file, when I try to remove the e-mail I get a message to go to an in box repair tool, with a scanpst.exe. Nothing appears when I type in scanpst.exe and this e-mail I cannot move the e-mail it is frozen Search, to include hidden files for scanpst.exe. You dont run scanpst.exe from within outlook "roger" <roger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EBD25472-D780-4E95-9F7C-1F69E01FE913@microsoft.com... >I have tried to delete a file from my junk mail file, when I try to remove > the e-mail I get a m...

Macro syntax to open file in current explorer folder
Pt 1 : MS Excel 97 SR-2 ----------------------- I would like to use a macro code line starting Workbooks.OpenText FileName:=".\AmsAll-1.prn", _ to open the tab delimited file "AmsAll-1.prn" in the folder from which I launch the Excel application. However the ".\" path qualifier always reverts to the C: drive, not the K: mapped drive that I access all my project files from. It is inconvenient to navigate several levels down to the project from C:\ just to run this one application. The following does work : Workbooks.OpenText FileName:="k:.\AmsAll-1...

Formatting Problem
I've created a blank booklet of x no. of pages with page size of h7.25" x w4.75" with 0.5" margins all around. I've been provided with material on floppies to incorporate into the booklet. The material is in the wrong font type and size and needs considerable change in other formatting. This I've done by opening the document into a WORD document of the same dimensions as stated above and tailoring the content to this WORD document. There are some centering, indents, right or left alignment. When I then try to insert this into the booklet in Publisher, s...