Relative path to linked graphic

Hi!  Is there a way to specify that a linked graphic is on a relative path
(e.g., ...\images) instead of the absolute path that Publisher 2002 defaults
to?  I want to move a document to another folder but the 100+ images in this
document will be a pain to update, although they are all in the relative
path ...\images.

Thanks!
Jamon

0
jamon (5)

oooohhhh ouch 100+ images - not at all fun.

donotknock (1941)
9/22/2003 10:25:54 PM
:-(

no...

"���MS�Publisher���" <donotknock@nobodyhome.com> wrote in message
> oooohhhh ouch 100+ images - not at all fun.

jamon (5)

Remove a Link?
Edit>Links There is one there that I don't recognize. How can I delete this link? All I can get it to let me to do is "Update Now", "Open Source", or "Change Source". What about "Delete"? Thanks. -- RDI (remove the exclamation from the email address) Hi maybe the following add-in will help you: http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip use this add-in to identify and remove your links -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany rdi wrote: > Edit>Links > > There is one there that I don't recognize...

Linking two identical charts
How do I link 2 charts in different files so that if I update one, the other automatically updates? Thanks All you can do is link them to the same data, so if the data changes, both charts change. You can't link the formatting of a chart to that of another chart. Unless, of course, you want to embark on a long VBA project. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6B51C70-6ABA-4F3A-B00C-A3531303361A@microsoft....

Get rid of "folder sizes" and "data file management" links
at the bottom of the folder list? I'd love to remove these to make more space available in the list. Thanks. ...

GoldMine Link Docs
We are migrating from GoldMine. How does the conversion of the linked documents work. Can these be imported as attachments under Notes and Attachments? Any suggestions will be very helpful. Microsoft Business Solutions CRM Data Migration Framework Guide specifies that "File attachments associated with notes cannot be migrated." However, with reasonable amount of coding, you can do it through VB.Net. >-----Original Message----- >We are migrating from GoldMine. How does the conversion >of the linked documents work. Can these be imported as >attachments unde...

Subform link problem
I have a main form which display the details of an invoice from a query: SELECT * FROM Invoices WHERE InvoiceNumber = [InvoiceNum] I have a button to execute this query and pass the parameter, eg. 100 as InvoiceNum parameter value. I also have a subform in datasheet format, displays the invoice items and also allows the user to enter the invoice items. The link has been setup Source Object: frmInvoiceItems Link Child Fields: InvoiceNumber Link Master Fields: InvoiceNumber This subform link to the record source of a query: SELECT * FROM InvoiceItems Table InvoiceItems: InvoiceNumber ItemN...

How to statically linking 2 files for 32 bit and 64 bit in VC++ 2005
I am trying to statically link a xyz.lib file to my 32-bit VC++ 2005 MFC app in order to use a .sys file. I have two xyz.lib files, one for win32 and one for amd64. I know I should add the .lib file to ['Property Pages' > 'Linker' > 'Input' > 'Additional Dependencies'] But which file do I add, how do I add both files, and how do I ensure the 32-bit app can use the linked .sys on 32-bit as well as 64-bit? Thanks! Hi, Just use the 32 bit lib, your app will run on 64 bit via WOW64. 64 bit development would involve setting up a new cpu platform, whi...

How do I prevent Excel from replacing path in hyperlink when saved
I´ve created a hyperlink in a cell using the Insert Hyperlink option. I'm using the path (F:\myfile.txt). When I save the document, the hyperlink changes to (\\MyServer\MyPath\myfile.txt). Is it possible to prevent this, because if the servername is changed in the future the link won't work Regards Rico Use the =HYPERLINK() function: =HYPERLINK("F:\myfile.txt","myfile") -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200810 "Rico B. Raben" wrote: > I´ve created a hyperlink in a cell using the Insert Hyperlink option. I'm > using the path (...

Linking to Pivot Table
I would like to link a cell in a worksheet to a subtotal cell in a pivot table which gets updated when the pivot table is refreshed. The pivot table is updated monthly with new lines added but so far the link has not updated itself to the new sum but stays looking on the cell above. Is there any settings which can be changed to rectify this? You can use the GETPIVOTDATA function to link to data in a PivotTable. Check Excel's online help for examples specific to the version that you're using. Del wrote: > I would like to link a cell in a worksheet to a subtotal > cell i...

Problems Printing a Linked Word document
I am having trouble printing a word document that has linked excel tables in it. When I print the document, some of the linked excel tables get skewed and distorted. However, they look normal on screen. What causes this? How can I fix it? -- jc ...

external links problem
This is really starting to piss me off�.. I have a workbook that contains several links to external files. All works just fine, except for the popup that appears on opening the workbook asking me wheather or not to update links. YES I want to update the links, and NO I do not want this popup to bother me eith this question every time. Strangest thing of all�. When I open the workbook on my own pc, there is no popup, but when someone else opens it, the bloody thing appears again and again�. Aaaaargggghhhhh�.!!!! I already tried to disable the �auto update links� option in Edit the menu, b...

upgrade path from Windows to Mac versions of Office
Is there an upgrade path from Windows to Mac versions of Office? I'm a licensed Word 10/XP user and am planning to switch from Windows to a MAC. Thanks, Kyle Kyle, There is no upgrade path from Windows to Macintosh versions of Office, nor from Macintosh to Windows. The most current version of Office for Macintosh is Office X. If you purchase Office X now, you will be entitled to Office 2004 for free when it is released later this year. This is called the "Technology Guarantee". You can find more information about it at the following web address: Technology Guarantee http://...

Links do not launch default web browser?
Not sure if this is a Vista or Outlook 2007 Issue. Selecting a web page from a URL contaiend within an email launches IE7 rather than Firefox which I have selected as my default browser. This is correctly configured in the 'Default Programs' application? ...

"Path/File access error" in Windows 7
Hello, I have moved my vb project files to c:\New Folder in Windows 7. Now, when I start IDE, do some changes then Windows 7 does not allow me to save them. What is wrong with c:\New Folder location? I appreciate your help, Claire On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 17:32:50 -0500, "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote: >Hello, > I have moved my vb project files to c:\New Folder in Windows 7. >Now, when I start IDE, do some changes then Windows 7 does not allow me to >save them. >What is wrong with c:\New Folder location? > >I appreci...

Inter-spreadsheet Referencing
Hi, I have been working with a few spreadsheet in different folders, most of which are inter-linked. When opening a new spreadsheet, Excel would ask to update links, which proceeded without issue. However I recently re-organised my folders in a more logical manner. Of course, this meant that Excel could no longer automatically find to the sheet it was meant to link to. I subsequently found each sheet and updated the links manually. This also proceeded without issue. The problem now is, that every time I open a spreadsheet, it cannot find the sheets that it is supposed to be linking to...

no program link working
Hi, I recently had a virus/malware problem (av.exe) that I managed to cure reasonably easily with CCleaner and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Now hardly any of my program shortcut links work and neither do any of the control panel links. (c:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe Application not found) The programs work when they are linked to the actual program exe but non of the shortcuts. Is there anyway of getting these links working again and also how do I allow the shortcuts in Control Panel to work again? -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > Hi, > I recently had ...

Cannot click links in mail messages
When clicking onm a link in an email message, nothing happens. It used to work fine but for some reason now does not... Can anyone please help me determine and fix the problem. Thanks in advance. J Solution: Goto Tools | Options | Security | Change Automatic Downloads Settings, then uncheck the first inbox. >-----Original Message----- >Solution: >Goto Tools | Options | Security | Change Automatic Downloads Settings, then uncheck the first inbox. >. > Thanks for the response but.... This is Outlook 2000. There is not any Auto Download Settings on the Security tab.......

HTML Links not working
When I receive a message in Microsoft Outlook that has HTML embedded i it, the message (all the HTML) displays properly and the <a href> link are underlined as they should be and even change colors when I mous over them, but the HTML links never open a browser to display the page I click on the links and nothing happens :confused: I tried opening th browser first before clicking on the link but no luck, clicking on th links never takes me to the page (it seems like it used to work ?) I'm using Microsoft Office 2000. Anyone know what the problem might be. Thanks Rick ----------...

graphics
I saved a series of graphics (logos) from various websites to a word document (office 2004 for mac). Then I emailed the document to several recipients. When I heard that they had not been able to see the graphics, I opened the document in the office (Win XP Pro and MS Office) and found graphics files in the document that had a message instead of the actual graphic. The graphic reads "QuickTime and a TIFF (Uncompressed) decompressor are needed to see this picture." What do I need to do to avoid this problem? In article 070901c46dae$cbc21d90$a501280a@phx.gbl, MGF at ano...

ODBC Link to db with custom modules
Hi All, I've created an Access 97 database which performs some nice functions that have been created using Modules. When I'm in Excel and create an Pivot table using an external source (then connect to the QUERY in my database) it gives me an error message saying "Undefined function 'ConvertDate' in expression". 'ConvertDate' is the function that my module creates in my Access Database. Does anyone know if its possible to connect to my database?? I still need the function to be working in Access, is there anyway I can define it in excel so its happy a...

Help with linking information from one sheet to another
I'm trying to setup an excel workbook like this: First sheet is a master list with peoples names in the first row and and their stats in 5-6 cataogries along with a final point total in the colums to the left of each name. Then I want to use a second sheet so that when I type in the first couple of letters in a persons name it will finish the name for me and automatically copy the players stats and total into the colums on the left. I know it's possible to do since I've seen it before I just have no clue how they did it and was hoping someone hear could help me. Thanks in advan...

Linked files don't work after upgrade
Has anyone run into this behavior before? Windows 98 users with Excel 97 have been upgraded to Win XP/Excel XP (2002). After the upgrade all seems well...except that...when a user opens a workbook with linked files, the linked files will not open and the user sees in the cells are ##NA. However, if the user physically opens all the linked files and the workbook referencing the linked files...everything is fine. -- couriced ------------------------------------------------------------------------ couriced's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26900 V...

Linking inbox from another mailbox to my mailbox
I am trying to link an inbox from one mailbox to another, but not by adding the mailbox via Tools -> Services. Apparently there is a way to have the linked inbox appear within the mailbox that it is linked to. ...

TAG Heuer Women's Link Diamond Accented Watch #WJF1414.BA0589
Price:$2,150.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000JQ2TL8 Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000JQ2TL8 I gave it to my wife as a present of our married aniversary and she loved it. From Tag Heuer's Link series, comes this elegant expression of time, in polished steel with genuine diamond accents. The Mini Link quartz watch places a 24 mm solid steel case on Tag Heuer's remarkably fluid and emblematic link bracelet, scaled down in size for a more feminine look. The shimmering white mother-of-pearl dial offers two-hand function with a date displa...

Updating Bit fields over a linked server
We have been trying to implement a multi-server database solution that tracks millions of invoices. However, updating a bit data type status column across the link has proved problematic. The following update fails due to a timeout because of a full table scan of the remote table SET XACT_ABORT ON BEGIN TRAN UPDATE LinkedServer.Account.dbo.Invoice SET IsPaid = 1 WHERE InvoiceId = 1234 COMMIT TRAN --Query Plan: |--Remote Update(SOURCE:(LinkedServer), OBJECT:("Account"."dbo"."Invoice"), SET:([LinkedServer].[Account].[dbo].[Invoice]...

linking two contacts but not Grouping
I'm using Outlook 2007 and I remember, under earlier versions, I could link several Contacts together. I'd call up John Smith who works for Acme and at the bottom of Smith's contact would be other Acme members that I would linked to him. For the life of me I can't find this feature in Outlook 2007. I am not talking about creating a Group, just a simple link from one Contact to another. Does this feature still exist? Thanks, DH Dave Horne <davehorne@home.nl> wrote: > I'm using Outlook 2007 and I remember, under earlier versions, I > could link sever...