reinstalling Publisher 98 after beta 2003

I had beta 2003 on my computer. I purchased FrontPage
2003, and when I installed it, it wiped out every other
Microsoft product - beta office 2003, office 2000, beta
publisher 2003, publisher 98. I have had to reinstall all
of my old programs. I have removed and reinstalled
Publisher 98 4 times, and each time it says I have
successfully reinstalled it, but when I try to run it, I
get a message that says, "This program needs to be
installed. Please run setup from the original location."

How can I get this #%@# to work?
Suzanne
0
anonymous (74722)

Maybe the installer? What version Windows? The same thing happen to me except I lost
Publisher 2000 and 2002, can't reinstall either one. Still have 97 and 98 though.
MSIEXEC File Is Linked to Missing Export MSI.DLL:222" Error Message When You Run
Setup
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322105&Product=off2003

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/
"Suzanne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I had beta 2003 on my computer. I purchased FrontPage
> 2003, and when I installed it, it wiped out every other
> Microsoft product - beta office 2003, office 2000, beta
> publisher 2003, publisher 98. I have had to reinstall all
> of my old programs. I have removed and reinstalled
> Publisher 98 4 times, and each time it says I have
> successfully reinstalled it, but when I try to run it, I
> get a message that says, "This program needs to be
> installed. Please run setup from the original location."
>
> How can I get this #%@# to work?
> Suzanne

0
laserdog (1122)
11/4/2003 10:29:19 PM
I don't have any trouble during installation. It goes all
the way thru and says I have successfully installed
Publisher 98. But when I try to run it is when it tells me
that I need to install it. This is why we curse microsoft!
us;322105&Product=off2003

>--
>Mary Sauer MS MVP
>http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/
>http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm
>"Suzanne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> I had beta 2003 on my computer. I purchased FrontPage
>> 2003, and when I installed it, it wiped out every other
>> Microsoft product - beta office 2003, office 2000, beta
>> publisher 2003, publisher 98. I have had to reinstall
all
>> of my old programs. I have removed and reinstalled
>> Publisher 98 4 times, and each time it says I have
>> successfully reinstalled it, but when I try to run it, I
>> get a message that says, "This program needs to be
>> installed. Please run setup from the original location."
>>
>> How can I get this #%@# to work?
>> Suzanne
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
11/4/2003 10:48:30 PM
Suzanne, well you can always change to Linux if you hate Microsoft.  Good
luck and have fun.
At least you can always come here and get free help and assistance if you
are polite and well mannered.
I think an anger management course should also be at the top of your things
to do list.

Now, if you have simmered down and act like a lady should, we will gladly
attend to your issues.

For a start, if you had told us what version of Windows you are using, it
would have saved you a lot of time and frustration.
What version of Windows are you using.

I did basically what you did on a computer with XP and had no issues
whatsoever, and to date, nobody else has reported problems.  Incidents and
issues are not always caused by Microsoft.  You could have some junk garbage
software from Symantec like Norton Anti Virus or SystemWorks which are total
nightmares and cause incredible problems with other programs.

I like Publisher 2003 that much I bought the whole Office 2003.  I just
*LOVE* XP - thanks Microsoft a great product.

--
The US should free all those
illegally held prisoners they are

0
donotknock (1941)
11/5/2003 7:15:32 AM
Hi Suzanne (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com),
in the Microsoft� newsgroups
you posted:

|| I don't have any trouble during installation. It goes all
|| the way thru and says I have successfully installed
|| Publisher 98. But when I try to run it is when it tells me
|| that I need to install it. This is why we curse microsoft!

Well, first and foremost, this is why Microsoft curses consumers. You have
voluntariliy chosen to run BETA products on your production (appears)
machine with the known risk that this can remove all stability from your
computer and can cause problems with existing software and future
installations of any software. This is NOT a Microsoft issue, but a consumer
issue. Any company that offers a BETA always warns the consumer that they
are installing a BETA product and that it should not be used on a production
machine, only a test bed.

It's entirely possible that there is/was a conflict with the beta of Office
and your uninstall/installation routine which can most likely be tied to a
BETA issue.

However, my question to you is, have you tried double clicking on the
mspub.exe program icon in the Microsoft Publisher 98 folder, which is in
your C:\Program Files folder? It's possible that the shortcut that you are
using (be it on the desktop or Start > Programs menu) may not be linking to
the proper mspub.exe location. Can you try opening it from it's installation
location?

Post back if you have any further questions.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Office Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
publisher (1244)

RDP incoming not working on Server 2003
I have a server running Server 2003 Standard which has been running just fine for some time but this week a new problem has arisen. I cannot establish an RDP session with it, no remote system on its subnet can even make an initial RDP connection at all. On the server itself, I can RDP out to any PC on the subnet with no problem. I've also looked all through the Event Logs and there are no errors at all that have anything to do with this or at the times I've tried to connect from a remote PC. I checked over and over to make sure Remote Connections are allowed in My ...

Distribution Files for MFC in VS .net 2003

Exchange 2003 OWA #6
Exchange 2003 OWA I would appreciate if someone would be able to help me. When I'm trying to access Exchange 2003 Server via OWA, I'm getting error "The folder can't be displayed. You do not have permission to perform this action" We also running Microsoft ISA Server. Thanks ...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 upgrade issue 3

An Outlook 2003 Problem

Sorting Attendee Lists in Outlook 2003
Is there any way to sort attendees by either name or attendee status in Outlook 2003? I don't know how Microsoft could be so oblivious to the need for this feature. You can't even click on the column headers to sort, let alone print out a list of people sorted by accept and decline. Microsoft's online help system recommends Alt + PrntScreen???? How archaic is that? Is there anyone out there that can help me??? Thanks! ...

copy does not work in word 2003

Publishing Layout and tables
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am trying to copy and paste text from one cell of a table to another cell in the same table. The document is in Publishing Layout. The paste command deletes the text in the destination cell and then places a big empty text box on top of the table. I do dozens of these documents that are primarily tables and graphics. Previously I used Publisher on my old PC. Should I go back, or can this be done in Word for the mac? Hello, On 2010.01.29 8:44 AM, in article 59bb1ce2.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Toni_T@officefor...

I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why?
I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why? It keeps saying "incorrect function" khaganman <khaganman@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why? It keeps > saying "incorrect function" Is the D: drive your CD drive? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Link and Embed in 2003
Using the Insert>Picture>From File comand we can use either the 'insert' or 'link to file' command to insert a picture. During our development we prefer to link pictures then when completed save the .ppt with all pictures embedded. 1. When pictures are in slides during design is it possible to tell if the picture is linked or embedded? 2. Is there a way to embed any/all linked pictures when the slide presentation is completed without going to each slide and reinserting the picture as 'insert' Cheers! -- Blumburg In article <07E6153F-5D...

cell selection gone crazy on Excel 2003

Install 2003 after 2007?
I had Office 2003 and upgraded to 2007, other than Outlook I didn't like it. I wanted to reinstall 2003 Excel & Word. Per instructions here I uninstalled 2007 except Outlook and upon attempting to reinstall 2003 I get the error message, "Business Contact Manager requires Outlook 2003, please install Outlook 2003 before running setup". Help please. Thanks in advance... Bob Answered in the other group post "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@cox.net> wrote in message news:jH5Xl.21061$IP7.4196@newsfe23.iad... >I had Office 2003 and upgraded to 2007, other tha...

Lotus123 Millennium Edition 9 to Excel 2003
I have several files in Lotus 123 Mellennium ed 9. Is there a way to convert files in Excel 2000/2003 Thanks Excel does not have a converter for .123 format files so you would have to either convert such files to Excel format or .WK4 format from 1-2-3 or use a conversion program like Conversions Plus (www.datawiz.com). -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "NR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:354b01c4aa1b$58c65b90$a401280a@phx.gbl... |I have several files in Lotus 123 Mellennium ed 9. | Is there a way to convert files in Excel 2000/2003 | Thanks ...

slow sync with Calendar using Kyocera 7135 via Outlook 2003
I'm stuck and need help. I have a Two Day Old Brand New Dell Dimension 4600. Does anyone out there know what to do when Outlook 2003 is giving a Log report that reads that Outlook Calendar - Slow Sync synchronization failed? This is a first time occurence for me. Outlook also reported that a device is trying to get access to my E- Mail addresses which may indicate a Virus may be present. I've run my McAfee Virus Protection and it didn't detrect anything. I'm at my wits end and don't know what else to do. Can anybody help? ...

Stop changing of languages in Word 2003 when typing letter.
While typing a letter in Word 2003 it changed from English to what looked like Arabic language. I have rebooted 3 times and started over and still the same occurs. I even copied what I had in English to an email in Yahoo and sent it to myself and rebooted. Came back to that same email and copied it to a new email that I started to myself, and when I started typing it would only type in what looked like Arabic language. This happened to me once a couple of weeks ago, but never occurred again till now. What do I do? In the Language dialog box, turn off the option to autom...

Cannot Email from Outlook 2003..no "send" button present
I cannot send letters or attachments of any kind..I tried reinstalling Outlook 2003 didn't solve the problem..Help You have to close your new message and then the send/receive button appears on your inbox screen. Click that and then it will send. ...

Outlook 2003 Imap Folder Disappears
The IMAP mail folder in my Outlook 2003 program keeps disappearing. If I recreate the mail profile settings, everything's okay. Have to do this 2-3/day. Not sure why this happens. Any assistance is appreciated. ...

Excel 2003
I wrote the Macro myself, so I know it is safe, but I can't run it. I decreased the security to low, But I don't have a DIGITAL signature of my own to install. Can someone point me in the right direction? Many thanks in advance. Never mind - I found out that I had to shut down Excel and restart it for the change to take effect. "Jeff Lloyd" <jbl85@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OETm0Z2PEHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I wrote the Macro myself, so I know it is safe, but I can't run it. I > decreased the security to low, But I don't have a DIG...

can not Send/receive using Outlook 2003
Just bouhght new computer and am loading all of my software that worked onmy old one. When I try to send and recieve I get the message object not found. I have used test and this work ok. I have also reloaded all of my broadband and office software numerous times to no prevail. Software Windows xp Office 2003 ADSlL broadband with bigpond Gp Check to make sure the accounts are setup correctly if they are then run Detect and Repair, still an issue then create a new profile. May also want to check your anti-virus software program setting for outgoing mail and disable that option. Rega...