received office 2003 after publisher

I already have Publisher 2003 installed. I now have Office Professional
Edition 2003. I have not yet installed the Office Professional. The version I
have of Office Professional is not upgradable, but the Publisher 2003 is
upgradable. My question is, if I install Office Professional 2003 will it
override Publisher 2003 and eliminate my opportunities to update Publisher
2003 in the future. Or should I uninstall Publisher 2003, then install Office
Professional, then reinstall Publisher 2003. I should not have to pay
Microsoft to answer a simple question like this.
--
Lisa F
0

You'll be fine. But why do you think your version of Office is not
upgradeable?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Lisa F" <LisaF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I already have Publisher 2003 installed. I now have Office Professional
> Edition 2003. I have not yet installed the Office Professional. The
> version I
> have of Office Professional is not upgradable, but the Publisher 2003 is
> upgradable. My question is, if I install Office Professional 2003 will it
> override Publisher 2003 and eliminate my opportunities to update Publisher
> 2003 in the future. Or should I uninstall Publisher 2003, then install
> Office
> Professional, then reinstall Publisher 2003. I should not have to pay
> Microsoft to answer a simple question like this.
> --
> Lisa F

0
jl_amerson (3088)
4/14/2005 12:11:28 AM
I purchased the Office Professional through my college e-store and the
editions say on their web site the version of Office Professional Edition
2003 is not upgradable. So you are saying just install the Office
Professional, even though the Publisher is already installed, and I won't
have problem with future upgrades to Publisher?

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

> You'll be fine. But why do you think your version of Office is not
> upgradeable?
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Lisa F" <LisaF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I already have Publisher 2003 installed. I now have Office Professional
> > Edition 2003. I have not yet installed the Office Professional. The
> > version I
> > have of Office Professional is not upgradable, but the Publisher 2003 is
> > upgradable. My question is, if I install Office Professional 2003 will it
> > override Publisher 2003 and eliminate my opportunities to update Publisher
> > 2003 in the future. Or should I uninstall Publisher 2003, then install
> > Office
> > Professional, then reinstall Publisher 2003. I should not have to pay
> > Microsoft to answer a simple question like this.
> > --
> > Lisa F

0
LisaF (3)
4/14/2005 12:34:03 AM
Yes. Does your copy of Office Pro include Publisher?

--

>I purchased the Office Professional through my college e-store and the
> editions say on their web site the version of Office Professional Edition
> 2003 is not upgradable. So you are saying just install the Office
> Professional, even though the Publisher is already installed, and I won't
> have problem with future upgrades to Publisher?
>
> "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:
>
>> You'll be fine. But why do you think your version of Office is not
>> upgradeable?
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "Lisa F" <LisaF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I already have Publisher 2003 installed. I now have Office Professional
>> > Edition 2003. I have not yet installed the Office Professional. The
>> > version I
>> > have of Office Professional is not upgradable, but the Publisher 2003
>> > is
>> > upgradable. My question is, if I install Office Professional 2003 will
>> > it
>> > override Publisher 2003 and eliminate my opportunities to update
>> > Publisher
>> > 2003 in the future. Or should I uninstall Publisher 2003, then install
>> > Office
>> > Professional, then reinstall Publisher 2003. I should not have to pay
>> > Microsoft to answer a simple question like this.
>> > --
>> > Lisa F

0
jl_amerson (3088)
4/14/2005 12:45:18 AM
Yes it does include Publisher, this is why I fear the Office Professional
Edition will override the Publisher 2003 which I purchased as itself.

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

> Yes. Does your copy of Office Pro include Publisher?
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Lisa F" <LisaF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I purchased the Office Professional through my college e-store and the
> > editions say on their web site the version of Office Professional Edition
> > 2003 is not upgradable. So you are saying just install the Office
> > Professional, even though the Publisher is already installed, and I won't
> > have problem with future upgrades to Publisher?
> >
> > "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> You'll be fine. But why do you think your version of Office is not
> >> upgradeable?
> >>
> >> --
> >> JoAnn Paules
> >> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >>

> >> "Lisa F" <LisaF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
LisaF (3)
4/14/2005 2:08:03 AM
When you do the install, do a custom install and do NOT install Publisher.

--

> Yes it does include Publisher, this is why I fear the Office Professional
> Edition will override the Publisher 2003 which I purchased as itself.
>
> "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Yes. Does your copy of Office Pro include Publisher?
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "Lisa F" <LisaF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I purchased the Office Professional through my college e-store and the
>> > editions say on their web site the version of Office Professional
>> > Edition
>> > 2003 is not upgradable. So you are saying just install the Office
>> > Professional, even though the Publisher is already installed, and I
>> > won't
>> > have problem with future upgrades to Publisher?

0
jl_amerson (3088)

Roaming Office Errors for Network Users
We have had ongoing issues with Word and Excel, both v.X and 2004. In Word, the problem is usually a Disk Full error, with Excel it is usually a Document not Saved error when the user saves. Our users are network accounts on Xserves running 10.4.9 and clients are both PPC and X86 Macs, running 10.4.7 - 10.4.9. All user IDs are unique and managed via Open Directory. The problems arise typically after the user has been working with the file for some time. In the Word situation, the error pops up unexpectedly, while the Excel error only pops up on a save. In both cases, Word and Excel f...

Move mailboxes from original Exchange 2003 server
I am moving from 1 Exchange 2003 server to another - due to horsepower. Do I still need to go through this - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822931. I am just moving resources one server to another and deleting / uninstalling the original Exchange 2003 server. Thx. Yes you need to follow that article if you intend to remove the first server. Nue "YONAS" <yonas@msn.com> wrote in message news:evQWaBQhGHA.4284@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I am moving from 1 Exchange 2003 server to another - due to horsepower. Do >I still need to go through...

Hyperlinks to Publisher will not work
I have been trying to link Publisher files to Visio. I go through al of the appropriate steps and it looks like it all works, but then i will not open once you actually click the hyperlink. I tested it t make sure that it was not just me...Excel linked fine as well as Word. Any suggestions? Jill Bertolin -- jbertolin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jbertolini's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=463 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=122384 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i Hi Jill, I'm not ...

Outlook 2003 email #2
i am new to the outlook software; currently beginning to use outlook 2003. i am receiving duplicate emails in my in-box; including all the emails i imported from my web based email, yahoo. how do i fix this problem? many thanks for any and every ones helpful guidance. happy new year, technot -- "the world will not solve it''s current problems with like-minded thinking." -Albert Einstein Not a techie here but I have had the same problem. I think that your Outlook profile is corrupt. You can create a new one and import the messages again from your backup. To create a ...

MS Money 2003 #2
I am trying to load MS Money on my PC running Win 2000. All I get is a menu bar that is minimized in the bottom of my screen. Nothing else. I have close virus check and zonealarm, but I can't get the software to install. ...

Exchange/Outlook 2003
In an effort to make sure we never reach the 16GB threshold for the SBS 2003 Exchange Info Store, I'm looking to setup a GPO to give everyone consistent AutoArchive settings as well as a common location for the PST file. I have already downloaded the Office Administrative Templates for Outlook 2003, so I already have found the settings I want to modify and have made the changes, I just haven't made them live on the domain yet. My thoughts to date: * create two GPOs, one for the PST location, one for the autoarchive settings themselves * set PST location to local drive, or common netw...

Exchange 2003
Howdy: We ahve recently migrated from an existing WinNT4/Exchange 5.5 Installation to a new Win2k3/Exchange 2003 mixed mode installation. All went well with the first server install but I am having problems installing the second and getting it to accept mail probably due to the reasonably complex computing environment. In short: All external mail is first handled via one of six UNIX servesr which does a look up and forwards the mail to the appropriate server in the format user@server.domain.com. This worked well enough with a single server, for the average Exchange customer the UNIX would...

Is this error exchange 2003 based?
HI, I have a ecommerce package that after I submit the form, it usually sends an email, I recenlty moved this site to a new server with Exchange and now when I try and submit, I get this. Exchange 2003 and the website are both on the same W2k3 server. error '8004020f' /ssl/SFLib/mail.asp, line 311 Thanks David Also, In IIS would the application Pool be ExchangeAppPool or the DefaultAppPool being that this program uses CDOSYS. Thanks much "David" <dross@si.rr.com> wrote in message news:#6m611lsEHA.1344@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > HI, I have a ecommerce package ...

Exchange 2003 (SP2) Mailbox Manager Exclusion Question...
I am the admin for a Exchange Server 2003 (SP2) Enviroment and an running into a problem with the Mailbox Manager.. We currently purchased a 3rd party product to archive e-mail outside of the exchange server. Basically a user creates a folder called "Archive" under the root of their folder list in Outlook and then they can create whatever folder structure they like under the folder called "Archive". Any e-mail a user wants to keep over 120 days (the limit we have mail saved on the exchange server) they drag and drop into this archive folder and then the 3rd party pro...

Computer Password Displays as Company Name on Startup Screen of Office Programs
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When I start up an office program (doesn't matter which one), the password that is set up for the computer account displays as the company name under the "This Product Licensed to:" line. I went into the Preferences of Word to delete the company name (which was the password) but it still displays. I also reinstalled Office to see if it would give me a chance to input the data, but it didn't...and the password still displays on start up. Does anyone know how I can change this so the log-on password is no...

Ctrl-H crashing Excel 2002 fixed by Office XP SP3.
In thread "Ctrl-H crashes Excel 2002", a couple of dozen threads before this one, I reported that, in Excel 2002 without Service Packs applied: After you do a search by Values (as opposed to Formulas), henceforth Ctrl-H crashes Excel. (You could prevent that by reassigning Ctrl-H to a macro.) Thanks to Mike Mendelson & Dave Peterson, I found that Office XP SP3 fixes the problem. (I don't know which SP fixed the bug--1, 2, or 3.) Now, Ctrl-H brings up the Search dialog without crashing. *** ...

Outlook 2002 and Outlook 2003 on the same PC
I need to keep Outlook 2002 and install Outlook 2003 but getting message saying Previous verions of Outlook must be removed to install Outlook 2003. Is there a way around this so I can have both versions. Yes you can install outlook 2003 and then reinstall outlook xp "abissoondial@verio.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26b401c3a957$512a2030$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I need to keep Outlook 2002 and install Outlook 2003 but > getting message saying Previous verions of Outlook must > be removed to install Outlook 2003. Is there a way &g...

Not even Office Live Using Document Connection
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3331376369_11931625 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit While others are saying they can use the SP2 version of Document Connection to Office Live but not Sharepoint I can�t even get connected to my Office Live Workspace which I have been using via the browser for a long time. I can't add my Office LIve Workspace location to Document Connection. The gear just spins and what�s almost as bad it...

Office 2004 update 11.3.9 weirdness
Installed Office 2004 update 11.3.9 when microsoft auto update pushed it down this morning. Any idea why it changed the name of my hard drive to "v bc"? Any idea what to do about that? mac book pro, OSX 10.4.10 In article <1194878374.217619.309200@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com>, pattigibbons@nycap.rr.com wrote: > Installed Office 2004 update 11.3.9 when microsoft auto update pushed > it down this morning. Any idea why it changed the name of my hard > drive to "v bc"? Any idea what to do about that? > > mac book pro, OSX 10.4.10 The Office updat...

2003 Macro not working in 2007
Can someone please help. I have macro for IE automation in 2003 but I do not know VBA. Here is the code that works in 2003 but will not run in 2007. Does anyone know what the new code would be for Excel 2007. This is the VBA code Dim objIE As Object Set objIE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application") With objIE .Navigate "http://mywebsite.com" Do While .Busy: DoEvents: Loop Do While .ReadyState <> 4: DoEvents: Loop .Visible = True This is where Excel 2007 gets stuck. Do While .ReadyState <> 4: DoEvents: Loop Then it ge...

How Migrate mail account from SendMail to Exchange 2003
Hi... a new infrastructure has been created,new domain in Windows 2003 with Exchange 2003. I need to migrate the mail accounts that are in a Sendmail to Exchange Server Some idea or suggestion? If you are using Outlook with Sendmail, export the user mailbox to PST file. Once you have the users Exchange Mailbox created, import the PST file into the Exchange Mailbox. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "[TkT]" <TkT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5E545A6-35E8-4F42-8FE0-E43469F21B0A@microsoft.com... > H...

Wont send receive without hitting the button
It seems as if outlook isn't sending receiving automatically although it is set up to do so every few minutes. Once i hit send receive the messages come flowing in. I tried to uncheck the box, close outlook and reboot and then recheck the box, however that hasn't helped. anyone have any suggestions? Well for starters I'd suggest posting your Outlook version, mail account type, connection type and automatic polling settings so we'd have something to go on. You gave us nothing. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Russian menu for Office mac
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel How to enable Russian menu and toolbars for Office mac. When i choised Russian in Language dialog, i got message "install russian proofing tools". How can i get this tools? Mac Office doesn't have native language menus & toolbars for anything other than the language version you purchase. If you want Russian menus, etc. you need to purchase the Russian version [I'm pretty sure there is one.]. Also, I don't believe Russian proofing tools are included with the English version of Mac Office. There...

cannot see my names of fonts in publisher
Im hoping someone out there can help me. All of a sudden I can't see my font names in the drop down box. I right click the move bar and click customize to ensure that box stating "list fonts in font box" is clicked. What is my problem? Help?? You need to apply the service pack(s). http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Shannon Thompson" <sthompson76@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:00c901c36805$4ae98910$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Im hoping someone out there can help me...

Out of office #19
MS OFFICE 2000 SR Pro How do I set up an "Out of office"message on Outlook 2000? All info please! If you don't connect to an Exchange server, there is no automatic out of office autoreply. You'd have to spoof it with rules, and note that this means leaving Outlook open, and connected to the internet, for the duration of your absence. See http://www.slipstick.com/rules/index.htm for help. Also see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=196718 - it explains how to set up a template so that autoreply fires only once per sender (as Out of Office does) to avoid mail loops. Spence ...

Cannot open Publisher File
I'm using Publisher 2003 and have a 100 MB (66 MB Compressed) publisher file that consitently hangs up publisher when trying to open it. Once in a while, the first page will load, but when you try to switch to another page, the program hangs up again. I've tried several PCs to open the file with including a P4 file server with 2 GB of RAM. nothing seems to make a difference. I can tell through the Task Manager that the app is doing some sort of processor work, but no disk access is being performed. I tried opening the file in Safe Mode and it make some slight improvements w...

Long URL hard wrap in plain text e-mails in Outlook 2003
When I send an plain text e-mail in Outlook 2003 containing a long URL (beyond 76 characters), this breaks the long URL where users cannot click on the complete URL. In Outlook Express 6 SP1 I could change the plain text to Quote Printable to avoid this issue. How can I do this in Outlook 2003? I do not want to change the text format from plain text to HTML or Rich Text, I need to use plain text. Thanks. I found my answer and this solves the problem for me in Outlook 2003: Line Wrapping Does Not Appear As Expected When You Send E-Mail Messages in Outlook 2003 http://support.microsoft.c...

JET/ESE failure when backing up Exchange 2003 Online Stores
Hello, Operating System: Windows 2003 SBS Service Packs: Windows 2003 SP1, Exchange 6.5 SP1, Sharepoint SP1, SBS SP1. Prelim: When performing an online backup, the job fails, logging the following information. ============================= NTBackup Log: ----------------------------- Backup started on 30/07/2005 at 8:41 PM. The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Error returned from an ESE function call (d). ' from a call to 'HrESEBackupRead()' additional data '-'The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Error returned from an ESE function...

Publisher 2007 not opening saved projects.......
I have Publisher 2007, and I was wanting to open a previous project that I had done before, and it wouldn't work and it would say "Microsoft Office 2007 has stopped working. Click to find online solutions or click to close." It doesn'y do that with any other of the Microsoft Products. Can anyone help? Did you try Office Diagnostics in the Help menu? Did you "click" for online solutions? Can you open other Publisher files? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C158393B-46...

outlook 2003 asks for domain logon credentials
I have 1 user only that is prompted for his domain user name and password when he goes to open outlook. It has the lastest SP for XP pro(IAW with MS instructions) The account was set for normal password authentication. and this is the ONLY user account that is having a problem. (both domain user and exchanges accounts have been deleted and recreated) Does anyone have any ideas???? "Ron" <Ronald.kapise@rheinmain.af.mil> wrote in message news:c7f601c438c3$e78a1160$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone have any ideas???? This is definitely controlled by the profile on th...