Re: merging a pub file into a pub document?

GbH wrote:
> I'm sure I've seen this somewhere in here or a similar newsgroup.
> Someone clever has written a script that will import a publisher
> document into an existing/open publisher document.
> Please can somebody point me at it.
>
> --

Also why did my post seem to disappear off the server before I could
read it?

Wisdom and experience come with age, they say, but I wish I could
remember the darn question

Both of your posts show
--
Don
Vancouver, USA up here.

"GbH" <Geoff_Hannington@IEE.ORGasm> wrote in message
> GbH wrote:
>> I'm sure I've seen this somewhere in here or a similar newsgroup.
>> Someone clever has written a script that will import a publisher
>> document into an existing/open publisher document.
>> Please can somebody point me at it.
>>
>> --
>
> Also why did my post seem to disappear off the server before I could read
> it?

> Wisdom and experience come with age, they say, but I wish I could
> remember the darn question

0
Engineer5094 (820)

I'm using about twice as many bytes of memory as the size of the file
Hi! I received this text marked with * below as an answer on a mail for several days ago when I used method CompressFile_1 for compressing file that is located at the bottom. *This will only work with text files, and you may even lose some information after going through the StreamReader and then the StreamWriter in case the file has some characters that don't fit into the default encoding that you are using. And besides, you read the whole file into memory before writing the compressed file. In fact, since the string is stored as Unicode, you are using about twice as many by...

merg document formatting
I have a word document (catalogue) around one of the fields I would like to put a parenthesis. (nick_name). If there isn’t a nick name I would like the space left blank without the parentheses. I have tried if then but can’t seem to get it to work. Can anyone help? Thanks Dick I gather this is a mail merge main document. You need the field: { IF { MERGEFIELD nick_name } <> "" "({ MERGEFIELD nick_name })" } Insert the pairs of field delimiters (the things that look like braces but can't be typed from the keyboard) using Ctrl+F9. -- Suzann...

Transferring a two column excel file into outlook
Is there a simple way to transfer an excel file which has two columns ,one for names the other for phone numbers, into my outlook address book? I have a excel file with over a hundred such entries and would rather not enter them individually, surly there is a simple way to do this. Any suggestions? Condo <theCONDOmanager@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there a simple way to transfer an excel file which has two > columns ,one for names the other for phone numbers, into my outlook > address book? I have a excel file with over a hundred such entries > and would rather not enter them in...

XSLT document() problems
Sorry for posting to a lot of groups, but I'm not sure what this problem relates to, so I thought it was better to be safe than sorry. Please feel free to set FUT to the proper group when answering. I'm having problems with the XSLT function 'document()' after upgrading to ASP.NET 1.1. I've started using XmlUrlResolver in the xslt.Transform() method, but it doesn't seem to help in all cases. What I use the 'document()' function for, is requesting a WebService which returns a string. This is how I do it, which worked in ASP.NET 1.0: <xsl:variable name=&qu...

How to convert ansi color code to html file?
Have any componet to do ansi<->html or rtf<->html?? Please show me some message ,Thanks! "Joseph M. Newcomer" <newcomer@flounder.com> wrote in message news:vp89j0duqpp3784faotso3ld5km2onv9k9@4ax.com...> What's an "ansi color code"? > joe > > On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 04:41:02 -0700, "Hugo" <Hugo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > >Have any componet to do ansi<->html or rtf<->html?? > >Please show me some message ,Thanks! > A way to color the command prompt with escape sequences. For example...

Excel 2003 (XP), automatic save documents
With the previous excel versions document one could have the file saved automatically every Minute if need be. Where is this function in Excel 2003?? If by error (and it happens too often) one closes a document without having saved it manually first, the entire 2 - 3 hour job could be lost, and there is no autorecovery file to be found either. Can anyone indicate me, if possible with print screens how this precious feature can be activated in Excel 2003? -- Many thanks, and have a good day Ursula A. That feature's not available in XL03. However, Jan Karel Pieterse has an add-in a...

Single E.log file missing
Due to a virus checker, a single infected "E00000333.log" file has been deleted from my Exchange 2003 server (the C.\exchsrvr\mdbdata - directory). The Exchange server operates as usual, and I had no problems using NTBackup to backup the information store (the backup ended with no errors in the backup log). However the Exchange Server 2003 has only deleted "E*.log" files up to the number of the single missing infected file, - all later E.log files are still visible in the mdbdata directory. Do you have any idea how I can solve this problem? - Unfortunately the...

re-inserting deleted autonumbers
I have a 5-table database design, several of which have autonumbers for a primary key. For one of these tables, I have deleted a bunch of records and pasted them into a 6th table called "Deleted sites." I put them in a 6th table because I knew there'd be some possibility that I'd make some mistakes -- like one or two of them I later figured out that I shouldn't have deleted them. When I put these records back in, is there an easy way to re-insert them such that they'll have the same autonumber? Effie First, why? Why bother moving records from one table to ...

Downloaded files not opening in Mac Excel 2008 (MIME/XML)
Hello all, I'm trying to open a downloaded file in Mac Excel 2008. The file is being downloaded from a web-app using Firefox 3.5.6. When I do so I get the following in the excel grid: From: Financial Reporting Export Subject: Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 14:21:07 -0400 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/related; type="text/html"; boundary="----=_NextPart_28248823" X-MimeOLE: Produced By Financial Reporting This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_28248823 Content-Type: text/html; charset="utf-8"...

How can I apply a Frontpage theme to a publisher document
I have tweaked a Frontpage 2003 theme for my website. I am now trying to create a Newsletter in publisher and would like to use the same theme, is this possible? Thanx in advance for any help! Manually, yes. Copy, paste, tweak, tweak, tweak. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "phoebe_cat" <71lisa@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1173353894.120637.226270@q40g2000cwq.googlegroups.com... >I have tweaked a Frontpage 2003 theme for my website. I am now trying > to create a Newsletter in publisher...

Running ISE to create a new file
When I try to run ISE to create a new file from the PS prompt: > ise newfile.ps1 I get an error that the file does not exist, which then proceeds into editing an untitled ps1 file. What I'd like it to do is create the new file if it does not exist. I'm sure that there's a simple way to do this, but I can't seem to find it. I suppose I could create a script or function to do it, but I would think that ISE could do this on its own. Suggestions would be appreciated. > Suggestions would be appreciated. Something like this maybe below... Now, oddly, I...

Create a new 2005 data file with 2004 settings.
Hello: I am using Money 2004. I would like to create a new data file for 2005 but retain my settings from the 2004 data file I currently have. Is there a way to do this? Basically I need to use the 2004 data file settings as a template for 2005. I want to retain my accounts, and various lists... Thanks Harold In microsoft.public.money, harold wrote: > >I am using Money 2004. I would like to create a new data file for 2005 but >retain my settings from the 2004 data file I currently have. Is there a way >to do this? Basically I need to use the 2004 data file settings as a ...

Using files from lotus 1-2-3
I am using Office 2003 with Microsoft XP Home Edition. I open files previously saved in Lotus 1-2-3 as *.XLS. I am able to edit and add data to the file, but when I print the file it has a dense, large, black overlay of the first characters in the file name, obliterating much of the data. This shows in the print preview and in the final printed copy. How do I eliminate this overlay? Hi Alpan, as far as I have learned during the past years the Lotus 1-2-3 converter to MS Excel is not quite good and has several issues. Have you ever tried to leave the Lotus1-2-3 file as it is and l...

Email field information for .msg file outside of Outlook
I have implemented a mailbox size limit for all users. Users found out that they could drag their emails to their network drives. These emails are .msg files, and they only display the subject of the email. Users now want to be able to view more information, at least the date that they recieved the emails. When I view the properties of the .msg files I only see the date that the files were moved instead of the date that they were received. Is there any way to get windows to display more information than the subject? If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, then you can en...

Publisher 2007 Mail Merge #2
I'm trying to use an Excel file for a mail merge in Publisher (mailing labels). There are 50 addresses and I can only get Publisher to print each address across an entire sheet of labels so I end up with 30 labels with the same address. How do I set this up to print one address per label so I end up with 50 labels? thanks! larry ...

Export to a file problem
Hi I back up my Outlook data regularly by exporting to a pst file. It's always gone smoothly......until now. I'm getting a message in a popup which simply says: "Outlook cannot do this action on this type of attachment" It doesn't indicate which type of attachment. Or in which folder the problem was encountered. Looking for a rogue message or attachment is going to be a very time consuming job, as my structure is quite complex. Is there a file type for which this statement might actually be true? I'm pretty sure I will only have zips and Office files as at...

How do I save a merged label file to a cd?
I have done a label merge for a client. Unfortunatley, when I e-mail to the client it comes to them gumbled. I attempted to burn a cd but cannot open. Help, someone, anyone. thank you. how are you burning it? If you copy or save it to the cd, that probably won't work, you need to run the burning program, which one do you have? "Eva Anne" wrote: > I have done a label merge for a client. Unfortunatley, when I e-mail > to the client it comes to them gumbled. I attempted to burn a cd > but cannot open. > Help, someone, anyone. > thank you. Nero, and thanks fo...

Scrambled documents
I have the opposite problem from many posts here. I'm using Publisher 2002 (Office XP) with Windows XP to publish a 40 page A5 newsletter. Instead of getting blank boxes for graphics, it seems like all of the text boxes, graphics, and anything else gets dumped onto the opening screen in some haphazard manner. Then the font selection box opens up. If I go ahead to open the document it is completely uneditable and unreadable because it looks like all the elements of the document are piled up on the screen like a pile of dirty laundry. The problem is intermittent...sometimes the d...

"Save As" command missing from file menu
My coworker's copy of Excel seems to no longer have the "Save As" command in her file menu. The menu is fully expanded, so it doesn't seem to be hidden. She can still save using the control-S command, but would like her save as option back. Any ideas? Maybe got dragged off. You could go to Tools>Customize>Toolbars and select Worksheet MenuBar and reset. This would wipe out any customizations done the this bar. Or Tools>Customize>Commands>File. Drag the Save As up to the File menu. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 13:14:36 -0800 (PST), Matt....

Lost Word Document 05-25-10
I had two Word documents open. I accidentally saved Document #2 under Document #1 filename. Document #1 is now gone. Is there a way to retrieve the lost document #1? I've tried Free Undelete from Officerecovery.com without result. -- denmur If you have the option turned on to Automatically create a backup copy and you have not since saved the document again, there should be a file with a ..wbk extension that you can use. If not, you are probably out of luck. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on...

Older Money File
My old machine recently crashed and on my new machine I have Money 2004 installed. I had a guy recover my old Money file on a CD but now my new machine will not import my old file/checking account. I think I was using something like version 3.0. Does anyone know if I can get my old file running? Also does anyone know how you can tell if the version of Money I have which came bundled on my machine is a full blown version or some kind of promo version. Try File|Open instead of File|Import. It's probably an OEM license of M04 Standard. Other than where support comes from, these a...

Can't open Documents
When I try and open documents on my Office 2004 for Mac I get an error message, saying that the file can't be opened because it is already opened or some other program is trying to open it. I know that it is not open anywhere else and I have the same problem with Excel, Word, and Powerpoint documents that I received from co- workers in Entourage. The files I received where all created on PC systems. Any thoughts??? OK, we need to do a little differential diagnosis here because this one is going to be complex. First, please work your way patiently through the trouble-shooting tips her...

problem reading a outlook.pst file
I have corrupt oulook.pst file about 2 Gb which contain all my latest information i have which I can't open. I've tried to solve it with scanpst.exe but it didn't work. Are there any other program which could solve my problem? See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Ke...

I do not have Publisher. Can I read a pub doc?
A friend has done an A4 prayer sheet in Publisher. He has sent it to me to continue on a monthly basis. I do not have Publisher but to have office 2003 student edition. Can I open the pub doc in any way? Alex Eaden wrote: > A friend has done an A4 prayer sheet in Publisher. He has sent it to > me to continue on a monthly basis. I do not have Publisher but to > have office 2003 student edition. Can I open the pub doc in any way? Another FW who can't be arsed to STFW before posting. http://groups.google.com and that's more help than you deserve. It would have taken you co...

Re: Share sub-folder in Inbox
I already grant the permission to right person and add secondary mailbox to the exchange account, in his outlook folder list, he can see the shared mailbox, but only mailbox not the sub-folder, if we share those sub-folders individually, then we can view under shared mailbox, but this shouldn't be the way. we want it sub-folder can be viewed and not be set one by one. any idea? thanks Henry "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message news:%237hESO3PFHA.508@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... Either you haven't completed the process of granting permission...