re install Pub 2000 problem.

Hello and I hope I'm In the right newsgroup. My problem is I've had to
re install my Office 2000 Disc2 and now when I want to start publisher
the message box tells me I am trying to access a program that needs the
cd.  When I installed it, I checked for Publiher to "run all from my
computer" I've un installed and re installed, still need disc.  what am
I doing wrong?  Thanks for your help,     John :)
0
johnny1r (5)

Johnny1r wrote:
> Hello and I hope I'm In the right newsgroup. My problem is I've had to
> re install my Office 2000 Disc2 and now when I want to start publisher
> the message box tells me I am trying to access a program that needs
> the cd.  When I installed it, I checked for Publiher to "run all from
> my computer" I've un installed and re installed, still need disc.
> what am I doing wrong?  Thanks for your help,     John :)
===================================
Maybe the following article would be worth a look:

(238592) OFF2000: Prompted to Insert
CD-ROM When You Start an Office Program
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/238592/en-us

--

       John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
3/6/2008 7:55:25 PM
John Inzer wrote:

> Johnny1r wrote:
> > Hello and I hope I'm In the right newsgroup. My problem is I've had
> > to re install my Office 2000 Disc2 and now when I want to start
> > publisher the message box tells me I am trying to access a program
> > that needs the cd.  When I installed it, I checked for Publiher to
> > "run all from my computer" I've un installed and re installed,
> > still need disc.  what am I doing wrong?  Thanks for your help,
> > John :)
> ===================================
> Maybe the following article would be worth a look:
>

> (238592) OFF2000: Prompted to Insert
> CD-ROM When You Start an Office Program

Thank you for looking at my problem. I tried what the article said and
that did nothing the problem persists. I do notice that when I select
items to " run from my computer" they do not show up as   kbs selected
to install, near the bottom of the window, it always stays at 0 no
matter what I select.  Is this right?  Thanks again  John  :)
0
johnny1r (5)
3/7/2008 3:25:38 AM
Publisher 2000 here.  I used to get asked for the CD every time I tried to
Insert a picture. I did an uninstall, then an install, Custom, opened each
option and checked them all.  Publisher 2000 CD now sits on the shelf.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Johnny1r" <johnny1r@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> John Inzer wrote:
>
>> Johnny1r wrote:
>> > Hello and I hope I'm In the right newsgroup. My problem is I've had
>> > to re install my Office 2000 Disc2 and now when I want to start
>> > publisher the message box tells me I am trying to access a program
>> > that needs the cd.  When I installed it, I checked for Publiher to
>> > "run all from my computer" I've un installed and re installed,
>> > still need disc.  what am I doing wrong?  Thanks for your help,
>> > John :)
>> ===================================
>> Maybe the following article would be worth a look:
>>

>> (238592) OFF2000: Prompted to Insert
>> CD-ROM When You Start an Office Program
>
> Thank you for looking at my problem. I tried what the article said and
> that did nothing the problem persists. I do notice that when I select
> items to " run from my computer" they do not show up as   kbs selected
> to install, near the bottom of the window, it always stays at 0 no
> matter what I select.  Is this right?  Thanks again  John  :)

0
Engineer5094 (821)
3/7/2008 9:18:29 AM
Thanks Don, I tried that and other uninstall and install procedures.
All with the same results "need CD".  I have since corrected the
problem probably by accident.  I was tring to start Publisher directly
from the MSPub.exe file in the Office directory and again it wanted the
disc. Then I noticed the file just below MSPub.exe is MSPub.inf so I
thought what the heck maybe it needs to be told. So I installed it and
it's been working ever since. I don't know if it was just a freek of
nature or what but it worked for me.   Thanks everyone for looking .
John

Don Schmidt wrote:

> Publisher 2000 here.  I used to get asked for the CD every time I
> tried to Insert a picture. I did an uninstall, then an install,
> Custom, opened each option and checked them all.  Publisher 2000 CD
> now sits on the shelf.

0
johnny1r (5)
3/9/2008 5:02:02 AM
Feel blessed. It's a good ending.

Take care,

--

> Thanks Don, I tried that and other uninstall and install procedures.
> All with the same results "need CD".  I have since corrected the
> problem probably by accident.  I was tring to start Publisher directly
> from the MSPub.exe file in the Office directory and again it wanted the
> disc. Then I noticed the file just below MSPub.exe is MSPub.inf so I
> thought what the heck maybe it needs to be told. So I installed it and
> it's been working ever since. I don't know if it was just a freek of
> nature or what but it worked for me.   Thanks everyone for looking .
> John
>

> Don Schmidt wrote:
>
>> Publisher 2000 here.  I used to get asked for the CD every time I
>> tried to Insert a picture. I did an uninstall, then an install,
>> Custom, opened each option and checked them all.  Publisher 2000 CD
>> now sits on the shelf.

0
Engineer5094 (821)

Problems with creating a newsletter

CSV File Problem

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

Outlook plug in install
I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with my SQL 2000 instance? Joe Thomas wrote: > I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for > some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM > it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with > my SQL 2000 instance? Yes it will conflict. Microsoft will not support sales for Outlook if you do this and they strongly recommend not to install sales for Outlook if you already have SQL ins...

Month problem

Rounding Problem

How to install WCF templates?
How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template in VWD2008EE but not in VC#2008EE. Any help would be appreciated Thank you Regards Raj On Apr 15, 1:55=A0pm, Raj <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? > > I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is > running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template ...

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Offline folder problems #2

OLK 2k7

outlook 2k2 problem

Re: 'Uknown Error 0x800CCC97'

Mother of a sumproduct (ish) problem!

Hyperlink problem #3

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Spam is a big big problem
Spam is a big big problem ...

attachment previewers not installed?

Problem with Database Wizard

Strange problem
We have been rolling out new Windows 7 workstations (all new computers) at work over the last few months and a strange problem has developed. Prior to Windows 7 we were using Windows XP with Office 2007. The problem is, we have a workbook which uses a UserForm for filling in all required information. Prior to rolling out the new Windows 7 workstations, the workbook and UserForm were working flawlessly (for over a year) and they still work flawlessly on the first 3 Windows 7 workstations but on the last 2 workstations we rolled out if you open the UserForm and leave it open for ...

Outlook 2000 running on XP
After setting up a mail account and indicating that I want all passwords remembered I constantly get promoted to enter a password when I send and/or receive mail. I have clicked remember password in all dialoges during the setup process and via the Properties dialog following the creation of the account. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatfully accepted Thanks "Ross Andrews" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1fb4801c45886$24eab500$a301280a@phx.gbl... > After setting up a mail account and indicating that I > want all passwords reme...