Re: How can I search for a ? in Publisher?

I just sent my suggestion to the shredder. <G>

--
Don - Vancouver, USA
"May your shadow be found in happy places." - Native North American

"Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message news:...
>I see you problem; don't know if your search can be done in Publisher but
>here's a way of finding the "?s" in your file.
>
> Save the file as a PDF and do the search in your PDF viewer program.  This
> works for me using PDF-XChange to create the file and PDF-XChange Viewer
> to do the searching.
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "guymaine" <guymaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I did a Search & Replace and somehow ? marks were placed throughout my
>> 32-page document. I want to be sure I found them all, but when I search
>> for
>> ?, it stops at every letter.
>>
>> Appreciate some advice. Thanks.

0
Don

Can't Send Messages Until I Press F9 Key
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------030800050502050601040701 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit After I compose a message and click Send, the message does go its way until I press F9 or choose Tools|Send/Receive. I'm using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. In case it matters, there's a toolbar for ZoneAlrm Outlook Addin with Junk filters (I use the Zone lite firewall freebie). Is there a setting in Outlook I need to set to automatically send messages? Should I disable the Zone addin? If so, how? Thanks. ---...

Printing Newsletter in Publisher 2003

I have a data table that looks like this: Code ------------------- STR-S SNK-S STR-K STR-F SNK-S STR-3 STR-2 STR-F SNK-S SNK-4 SNK-S STR-3 SNK-F STR-4 STR-O ------------------- "STR", etc at the beginning are pitch types, SNK is Sinker for example The end character is the result of the pitch, a 4 would be a home run, 3 a triple, and so forth. O is out, F is foul, S is strike --- you ge it. How can I figure the amount of RBI's? I know that it's 5, but I can' think of any automated way to calculate this, anyone got any ideas? THANK YOU!! :confused -- AVER...

Linked graphics into a Publisher 2000 document
I have a 400KB document (withgout graphics). I insert two JPEG images each around 200KB into the document. I figure the resulting document should be around 700KB. Result? An 11MB file. I delete the images (document is now 400KB) and instead insert the images using the "Link to File" option. Graphics Manager confirms that the images are linbked into the file. The size should not be more than 500KB. Result? An 11MB file. Question is how can I insert images into a Publisher 2000 documentr without the file blowing up? And why does it blow up? Regards, Richard. Richard wrot...

Can't edit print styles in Outlook 2007

publisher 2003 #38
Have just updated from publisher 1998 to 2003 via proffesional office 2003 and have found the "save as" function is terribly slow (as apposed to 98 ) , opening "my computer" is also slow ??? can any one help with this issue ?? That could be a multitude of things. And I'd even guess that most are not Office related. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Publisher "zed" wrote: > Have just updated from publisher 1998 to 2003 via proffesional office 2003 > and have found the "save as" function is terribly slow (as apposed to 98 ) , > opening "my c...

can't open files

Creating a template using Publisher

Publisher 2003 & IE 8
I created a web site www.fera.org using Publisher 2003. Lately people using IE8 do not see the menues along the left side, or the bottom. People using Chrome are just fine. Is the a compatibility issue between IE 8 & Publisher 2003? There is a compatibility issue with IE8 and Publisher 2003 and 2007. Any design elements that are 'grouped' together, which includes the Publisher wizard built navbars, do not render when you view the web page in IE8 . The fix in general is to ungroup the elements. There is both a manual fix to these issues and a Service Patch that has been issue...

unable to access mail after re-enable account
Hi, After enable an disable account and change its password, it can login to its mail account. What's happening. Is it normal? Thanks a lot What is the error message when user tries to access mailbox? Does the user still show in ADUC has having Exchange attributes? Have you looked at the MB using ESM to see if it is disconnected? "Raymond" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:136c01c46f11$d16f8390$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > After enable an disable account and change its password, > it can login to its mail account. What's hap...

Can you separate information by House?
I have two homes and want to track expenses for each home separately as well as roll up reports by category (utility, phone, etc.) for both. Is that possible? MT In microsoft.public.money, MT wrote: >I have two homes and want to track expenses for each home separately as well >as roll up reports by category (utility, phone, etc.) for both. Is that >possible? One way to do that is to use a classification. As Cal notes, Classification is tailor-made for this. Look it up in online help and then come back with questions. "MT" <MT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

can't find project or library
encounter this error : can't find project or library when try to run a code which contains Calendar1.Value any help? Hi Lynn Read the info on this page http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Excel 97-2007 It is possible you don't see it in the list, because it is installed with Access. So if you don't have that program installed you possible don't have the control. You can download the control if you don't have it (See link on the bottom of this page). -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Lynn" <moley_cruz@yahoo.com.au> wrot...

Can I delete everything on MSN Money?
Hello, I seem to have lots of problems syncronizing my MSN Money information with the web. It seems to work fine for a few months, then, for no reason, I start to get syncronization errors. I have signed up for multiple passports, because when these problems start, it seems that I get tons of multiple accounts. For example, on my one MSN Money account I have 15+ old accounts that I can't delete. 1. How do I delete ALL of the information out on MSN Money for my passport account? 2. How do I keep the syncronization from breaking in the future? Any tips or advice would be g...

I can no longer convert my files to pdf

web preview not same as publisher view
Reading past postings it appears others too are having serious problems with Web preview in both 2002 and 2003. I think the problem is that text handling within text boxes in normal Publisher view simply does not reflect that as seen in Web Preview (currently Explorer 6) On a totally blank (wide setting) webpage, using standard Times New Roman 12pont (no italic underline or bold) I typed six lines of Mary had a little lamb into a 3.85x3.029cm text box with all margins set to 00. I outlined the box with a 1/4pt line Whereas the text just fitted into the box in Publisher view, in Web ...

Can't get rules to run.
I can't get Outlook 2003 rules to run. I am getting my mail from a pop3 account and would like to have new mail sorted to specific folders when it arrives. I set up the rules as I did in previous versions of outlook, but they do not run automatically. I can run the rules manually and they will move the mail. I have this rule (for example Apply this rule after the message arrive from some@email.address and on this machine only move it to the somefolder folde I have tried deselecting on this machine only Thanks. Do you have an Exchange service in this profile? Are you using Cache...

Publisher 2000? #2
Is there a place where I can still get version 2000? I've been looking, but all I can find are updates and the 2007 trial. My computer can't run 2007. *If* if can be had, try something like eBay. (I wouldn't buy software that way but that's just my preference.) You may find you have better luck finding a leftover copy of Pub 2003 from some online retailers. (I actually prefer that over 2000.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Copying Publisher from One computer to another
I want to copy Publisher from my old computer to my new one, but if I can't seem to locate all the files I need to make it work on the new computer. What should I do? You can't, you have to install it from the CD. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Jasmin" <Jasmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EB558F1-525D-47BD-A54B-BC62C410D79E@microsoft.com... |I want to copy Publisher from my old computer to my new one, but if I can't | seem to locate all the files I need to make it work on the new computer. What | shoul...

How can I reset the default pie chart label "Other" to "Equity"?
I show Cash, Equities, and Fixed Income in the large pie to the left. The equity slice is further split into large, medium, and small. The problem is that the Equity slice gets relabeled as "Other". When I manuallly change it back to Equity, I lose the ability to link to any new data...so I can't use the pie chart as a template that would allow me to put new data in the table and have the pie chart adjust automaticially. How can I reset the default pie chart label to "Equity"? or is there another solution. Instead of making pie charts (which are notor...

Halfway through my publisher document the text starts scrambling
I am in the middle of a Publisher document that I have to get out ASAP and the words are scrmbling all of a sudden; for instance instead of the it prints out eht. HELP!! Might try an updated printer driver. What version Publisher are you using? What printer? What version Windows? Canon has issues with Publisher 98 and Windows 98 How to troubleshoot text printing (inkjet printers) in Publisher 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198258&Product=pub PUB2000: Troubleshooting Text Printing (Laser Printers) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198...

publisher 2002 #11
In publisher 97 you were able to ungroup clipart and recolor piece by piece and make it your own by using Microsoft Draw. How can I do this in Publisher 2002? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from addey <addeym2002@yahoo.com>... > In publisher 97 you were able to ungroup clipart and > recolor piece by piece and make it your own by using > Microsoft Draw. How can I do this in Publisher 2002? Click the picture Arrange > Grouping > Ungroup Click Yes on the dialog The tools that were previously provided by Microsoft Draw have been i...

How can I use a form (Excel) to add a column of data to the right.
How can I use a form (Excel) to add a column of data to the right of a list? It's a simple matter to add a column to the left of a list by writing a macro that inserts a column and then pastes the values. However I want to have the data pasted on the right of a list, if only so that I can easily run a chart from it. ...