Re: Anyone heard from David A recently?

He sent me a message today. "We got hit head-on by a British tourist in
a hired RV who was drunk at the wheel.  Thankfully we are still alive
and should be back to as close as possible and as can be expected to
100%." He says he'll be back on-line in 10-14 days.

Mike
0
wordwiz (948)

Do you have an email address? I would love to send him a speedy recovery message...

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message
> He sent me a message today. "We got hit head-on by a British tourist in a hired RV
> who was drunk at the wheel.  Thankfully we are still alive and should be back to as
> close as possible and as can be expected to 100%." He says he'll be back on-line in
> 10-14 days.
>
> Mike

0
gsauer (5093)
6/18/2005 4:52:40 PM
I'm sorry to hear he's been hurt and I hope he and his wife are healing
well.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message
> He sent me a message today. "We got hit head-on by a British tourist in a
> hired RV who was drunk at the wheel.  Thankfully we are still alive and
> should be back to as close as possible and as can be expected to 100%." He
> says he'll be back on-line in 10-14 days.
>
> Mike

0
jl_amerson (3088)
6/18/2005 5:16:55 PM
Can you forward or post his email address? I think a lot of us would like to
send them a get well message.
--
Ron

"Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message
> He sent me a message today. "We got hit head-on by a British tourist in a
> hired RV who was drunk at the wheel.  Thankfully we are still alive and
> should be back to as close as possible and as can be expected to 100%." He
> says he'll be back on-line in 10-14 days.
>
> Mike

0
Ron
6/18/2005 6:53:27 PM
Ron,

It may be better if those of us who would like to do as you suggest, post
our addresses i.e.,

dschmidtATpacifierDOTcom

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Ron Cohen" <d+r+c+0+2+3@sbcXXXglobalYYY.ZZZnet> wrote in message
> Can you forward or post his email address? I think a lot of us would like
> to send them a get well message.
> --
> Ron
>
> "Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message
>> He sent me a message today. "We got hit head-on by a British tourist in a
>> hired RV who was drunk at the wheel.  Thankfully we are still alive and
>> should be back to as close as possible and as can be expected to 100%."
>> He says he'll be back on-line in 10-14 days.
>>
>> Mike

Ron,

E-mail me your e-mail address and I'll e-mail his. Or e-mail me a
message to him and I'll forward it.

Mike

Ron Cohen wrote:

> Can you forward or post his email address? I think a lot of us would like to
> send them a get well message.
0
wordwiz (948)
6/19/2005 3:35:48 AM
Me too, Mike! gsauer at columbus dot rr dot com

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Ron,
>
> E-mail me your e-mail address and I'll e-mail his. Or e-mail me a message to him
> and I'll forward it.
>
> Mike
>
> Ron Cohen wrote:
>
>> Can you forward or post his email address? I think a lot of us would like to send
>> them a get well message.

0
gsauer (5093)
6/19/2005 8:21:35 AM
bkvalheim@hotmail.com

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.
"Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message
> Ron,
>
> E-mail me your e-mail address and I'll e-mail his. Or e-mail me a message
> to him and I'll forward it.
>
> Mike
>
> Ron Cohen wrote:
>
>> Can you forward or post his email address? I think a lot of us would like
>> to send them a get well message.

0
bkvalheim1 (519)

Re-Retrieve Messages?
Is there any way I can re-retrieve messages (specifically, newsgroup messages)? I had temporarily moved my Microsoft User Data folder to the Trash (wanted it totally out of the way). I momentarily forgot about it and proceeded to open Entourage and retrieve some messages. I immediately realized my error, and replaced the very small new Identity with the original one. But those handful of newsgroup messages I had downloaded were obviously not there, and I would like to get them. In article C7CB9EF1.55901%ricoshey@removethisgmail.com.invalid, Rick O'Shey at ricoshey@removeth...

Re: RBG TO CMYK when using merged data?
Hmmmmm I did not realise that did not function when you enabled the CMYK - bit of a disaster, I must say. To make matters worse - which is really Really REALLY *REALLY* bad, it is the same in Publisher 2003 ARGH SCREAM!!! *HOPEFULLY* MS will fix this is a service release. I cannot say anybody has raised this before. I have certainly not seen it mentioned. With the new Catalogue Merge in Publisher 2003 it is imperative it gets fixed. -- ...

Re-installation
I had been a user of Quicken for ten years and decided to try MS-Money. I downloaded the 2004 deluxe trial version and was very pleased with the product so I licensed the trial version through the MS site. I now would like to change the computer that I use for running this program. Since I never really had a full installation version, how do I re-install this program? I installed the trial version on the new computer and then did a backup restore from my MS-Money backup file. This just made the 60-day trial version expire. I have the Microsoft Money 2004 Activation Key # that was gi...

Re: Magic Indian Oil for MEN! Free Trial
Real Magic Indian Oil from traditional Indian herbs. FREE TRIAL FOR 500 customers (5ml bottle), Ring +91 9810577227 ...

Re: how i send pic from Youcam to mysace
"LUKE ASHILN" <LUKE @ BIG COOM AU> wrote in message news:... > > "DIAMONDFELTON" <diamondfelton@yahoo.com> wrote in message > news:ucRi8YwwJHA.4980@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >> >> From: "baseball fan" <baseballfan@discussions.microsoft.com> >> Subject: 2nd chance to correct issue >> Date: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 4:56 PM >> >> I was using outlook express. no email problems. purchased a new computer >> "ACER" desktop. "VISTA". ISP cable. I can get some emails . Butr ...

Re: Median of differences of columns, with embedded "if"
Jmay and Otto- Thanks very much for your quick replies, but I'm not sure now to appl that here, since the median of differences formula applies to a range. The forumla I am using (referring to the array in my original question is MEDIAN(B1:B4-A1:A4). (Of course, there are many more rows than 4). How do I modify it so that it takes the median of only those rows wher C=1? Thanks again, Kat -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Kate see my response in your original thread -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Jmay and Otto- > > Thanks very much for you...

Can series 1,2,3 label in data be RE labeled to different text?
I created a chart, a simple 3D chart using the chart wizard. I have 3 columns of information. I have sales, shelf utilization, and gross profit. I created this chart and i have 3 data series being presented. Not sure if anyone understands what i am trying to say? I thought saying i had a data series was the best approach to describing my problem in my chart. Well on the right vertical axis i have numbers that the wizard put in for me. They go from zero to 60. The data series is for the sales, shelf utilization, and gross profit. Then to the right of the chart i have labels that say,...

Re: Mean of standard deviations across columns?
I'm looking for an (array) formula that will take the mean of standard deviations across several columns given the value of another column. For example, I would have A B C D 2 4 2 1 2 2 2 1 4 2 1 0 I am looking for a formula that will take the mean of the standard deviations of A B and C given that column D contains value 1. Thanks again for everyone's help on previous problems! -- ModelerGirl ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ModelerGirl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&useri...

recently viewed documents
in excel 97, the recently viewed documents list does not show up even when the options are set to 9 How are you opening the workbooks? In xl97, you have to do File|Open for them to show up. They won't show up if you double click on them from Windows Explorer. Mark wrote: > > in excel 97, the recently viewed documents list does not > show up even when the options are set to 9 -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Search for most recent date from list of dates
I need to populate a cell with the most recent date from a range of cells with various dates. How do I do this? Any help? Try this: =LARGE(A1:A20,1) Mat -- Flintston ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Flintstone's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1531 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38139 ...

Deleted document still listed in Recent Documents
How come when I delete a Word document from the My Documents folder, it is still on the list in Word off the Office Button menu under Recent Documents? How do I get it deleted from this list? Please advise. Thank you. See the following articles that explain how you can remove these listings: http://www.gmayor.com/clear_recently_used_file_list.htm http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Recent_Files_List_Editor.htm Hope this helps DeanH "cheryl c" wrote: > How come when I delete a Word document from the My Documents folder, it is > still on the list in Word off the Offic...

Re: Integrated Gift Cards
You could get an add-in like giveX, or (I think ) Mercury Payment. You're probably not going to get this sort of functionality out of the Voucher system though. Vouchers just want a simple serial number; Credit and Debit Cards want an account number, expiration date, some other stuff and specific leading and trailing characters. You either need an add in that takes control of the (probably OPOS) MSR and gets the appropriate information for each tender type, or you need 2 separate MSRs - one to read the 'standard' CC format and another to read the gift card. A bar-coded G...

RECENTLY USED FILE LIST #3
The RECENTLY USED FILE LIST is greyed out How to activate? Go to TOOLS / OPTIONS... If the 'Recently Used File List:' checkbox is uncheck, check it. HTH, Gary Brown "bvanepps" wrote: > The RECENTLY USED FILE LIST is greyed out How to activate? The box is not available, that is the problem. Thanks "Gary Brown" wrote: > Go to TOOLS / OPTIONS... > If the 'Recently Used File List:' checkbox is uncheck, check it. > HTH, > Gary Brown > > "bvanepps" wrote: > > > The RECENTLY USED FILE LIST is greyed out How to activ...

With start-up my printer automatically re-prints all work. Why?
I have a new OKI B63000 printer and every morning with Windows Start-Up, my printer automatically re-prints all my day's work, needlessly wasting a lot of paper and toner. I imagine there is a command somewhere for this. How can I stop it? Might look in scheduled tasks. How To Schedule Tasks in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308569/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Andry C" <Andry C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D092C731-CE6D-403A-B7B3-6C3C57C2F92D@microsoft....

How do I display the most recent of three dates in an Access quer.
How do I display the most recent (or latter) of three dates in an Access query? I'm assuming that the date field is truely a date/time datatype and not a text field with something that looks like a date. 1. Create a query and sort on that field in descending order. Run it to make sure it looks correct. 2. Open the query in SQL view. Change where it says SELECT to SELECT TOP 3 One caution: If there is a tie for 3rd place, Access will show all the tied records. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. ...

Re-installing a previous user
HISTORY: In the past we had USER1 using CRM. We later removed USER1 within CRM, but found that it didn't release the CRM license. Matt Parks help us by instructing us on removing the userid from the systemuserbase and systemuserlicense tables in SQL Manager. This worked and we were able to recover our license and reissue to another new user by using Deployment Manager. PRESENT: So here we are months later and USER1 is back. Using Deployment Manager, we attempted to add this user again as we have 1 available license. We got through the wizard until the end when we received the error...

how to programatically determine which version of windows you're on
hi, noob question I'm sure, how do you programatically determine which version of windows you're on? Thanks GetVersionEx. --------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

Office 2007 Home and Student License key re-activation
Hi I have a copy of Office 2002 H&S. I have installed it on the desktop PC and laptop and I one more laptop which I have yet to install it on. I just replaced the motherboard of the desktop PC and had to clean install XP. If I were to re-install Office 2007 on the desktop PC and then activate it would that use up my last license activation and then I would have to wait 90 days before installing it on the other laptop. If you are allowed to re-activate every 90 days on a different PC (because of upgrade etc) how does it know which PC you are upgrading or does the 90 day...

Re-install Money 2000
After a dammage to my disk, I re-install Money 2000. My backup was protected by password. When I restore my backup, I have this message : "You are trying to open a file that has encrypted information. This file cannot be opened with this version of Money." Why??? My guess is that either your locale or file is a French one. See this: http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/98.aspx -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Micr...

Re: Problem with backup
I need help with this as well On 23 Jan 2010 14:29:18 GMT, mark.aoyagi <mark.aoyagi@gmail.com> wrote: > I need help with this as well Since you've quoted nothing, and since many of us don't save already-read messages, I have no idea what you need help with. Please state it. -- Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003 Please Reply to the Newsgroup "mark.aoyagi" <mark.aoyagi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2JD6n.4325$Kf5.2060@news.usenetserver.com... > I need help with this as well With what???? This is al...

Picture missing and unable to re-insert?
Hi. I've been putting together a powerpoint 2003 slideshow purely with images for use in a theatre production (projections). All was fine and I had been fine tuning the presentation however this morning I found that the presentation had dropped an image from the slideshow. Powerpoint will not let me insert this image again and if I try it on a new slide or even a new presentation the image will not insert. I can view the JPEG image on many microsoft programs and I had been viewing it with no problems before this morning. Very frustrating. Any help would be great. Thanks. Kier...

Re: server and client threads #2
On 2/3/2005 1:48 PM, RSN_@_COMCAST.NET wrote to ALL: -> When you spawn the child thread you ordinarily pass it a parameter. -> What I do is make that parameter a pointer to the instance of the -> server class that spawned the child. That way, the child can easily -> notify its parent about any special events that may be useful. -> Termination is one such case! I also find it very useful to send a -> stream of diagnostic and debugging information to the parent who can -> display it, log it, or ignore it depending on circumstances. Good point. Now since my server thread...

RE: Error when initializing Dynamics DB in 6.0
Hello: A colleague of mine is having some issues with installing and upgrading from 6.0 to 9.0. Obivously, 6.0 is no longer supported so I thought that I would post her e-mail here. Below is her e-mail. Any help would be appreciated: I’m doing a 6.0 to 9.0 upgrade, and moving servers. I have loaded 6.0 on the new machine, and am trying to create the DYNAMICS db. I get the message below when I try to create it: It seems to point to the tempdb not being big enough. I have increased the db & log size to > 200MB (docs say Dynamics needs 50). GP is of no help, b/c they do not ...

Re-assign the records from one user to another
Hello, I know that it should be option to re-assign the records on the 'User Definition' screen (under Actions), but when I go into this screen with the SysAdmin role, I don't have this option. Any ideas? Regards, Inna. ...

Re: Account Won't Show Up on Home Page as a Favorite
For some reason this message appears to have been deleted from the server. I'm reposting it. Kevin "Kevin Campbell" <kcampbel@nospam.midmaine.com> wrote in message news:... > I have a Home Equity Line of Credit account that, for some reason, will not > show up on my list of favorite accounts on the Home page in Money 2003. In > the account details I have the Add to Favorites checkbox checked and under > the Favorite Accounts menu item it does show up. Also, when I am in the > account register view and I click on the account name to drop the list of > ac...