randomly scatter text

I have pub. 2003, I need to know how to take a phrase and randomly scatter it
allover the page, with out placing it manually. I was able to do it on the
last version of publisher but I can't seem to find the random button on this
one.

PLEASE HELP!!!
0
jenice (1)

Tabs?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"jenice" <jenice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have pub. 2003, I need to know how to take a phrase and randomly scatter it
> allover the page, with out placing it manually. I was able to do it on the
> last version of publisher but I can't seem to find the random button on this
> one.
>
> PLEASE HELP!!!

0
mary-sauer (6480)
6/28/2006 8:32:31 PM
randomly scatter? Don't believe I've ever seen a Random Scatter Button in
Pub.
In Word you can do  =rand(x,x) for random text but it doesn't work in Pub
and it's not exactly random either.

"Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
| Tabs?
|
| --
| Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
| http://office.microsoft.com/
| http://msauer.mvps.org/
|
| "jenice" <jenice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| >I have pub. 2003, I need to know how to take a phrase and randomly
scatter it
| > allover the page, with out placing it manually. I was able to do it on
the
| > last version of publisher but I can't seem to find the random button on
this
| > one.
| >
| > PLEASE HELP!!!

0
webmaster911 (1600)

Align a text box paralel to a line
I'm using VBA to generate a grafic between pct. A,B,C... I wonder if there is a way to put paralet to the line that conects the points, text boxes that should show the distance between points. I presume you mean align the textbox parallel to an inclined (non-horizontal and non-vertical) line. I would do it using VBA. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Dan Tabla" <DanTabla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DEC7C3A-2B2D-4397-9355-0410359387CE...

Option to store tracked email as plain text or html format
There needs to be an option to store tracked emails in CRM as either plain text or html format. It is a very often overlooked but rather critical issue that any SRS report created to display an activity report will not be able to translate an email activity's description correctly. The html formatting tags are huge and numerous and can easily cause the character count in the description attribute to exceed limits (nothing there to stop the forced overage) and even potentially cause the SRS Report engine to error out with rowsize issues. This, in effect, creates a major limitati...

Why can't I link text to autoshapes
OK - I've searched this group and found numerous references to this issues: I know - select the autoshape, type = in the formula bar then click on the cell you want to link the autoshape to. Press Enter and voil´┐Ż the text appears in the autoshape. Only problem, it doesn't work for me. Every time I follow those steps, I get a new plain text box, but not the text in the autoshape I started with. Give me a hand, it's been driving me crazy for days! T. As answered in .excel.misc -- '=================================== I'm not sure how John did it, but you could: Select th...

how to write text to a property page
Hi! I have a property sheet containing two property pages. I would like to read some data off a file and print to each of the two pages. Can someone recommend a function that I can use to do this? thanks, Craig C++ Shark wrote: > Hi! > > I have a property sheet containing two property pages. I would like to > read some data off a file and print to each of the two pages. Can > someone recommend a function that I can use to do this? read and keep your data in a suitable form in the property sheet. In each page's OnSetActive, get the sheet pointer: CNewPropertySheet* p...

why do I get a different footer when copying and pasting text
I have a document that I want to copy chunks of into another document, but when I paste it into the new document it completely changes the footer and doesn't match the original or the new documents' footers - does anyone know why this happens and how I can stop this happening please? Hi Dawn, If the material that you are copying contains any section breaks, those section breaks will be copied into your document along with the configuration of the headers and footers that are embedded within them. A section break may look like a little thing, but a lot of information is...

Word 2007 -- numbered table text style keeps losing style details
I created a numbered table text style with an indent of .00" and a hanging indent of .25", Left justification. I clicked the box to update all documents using this template and saved the document. Word asks me if I want to save the template changes and I do. Then, the next time I enter the document, the style has an indent of .3". I can change the style and save it, but every time I open the document, the style has changed again. How do I resolve this problem? "DownSouthLeftie" <DownSouthLeftie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

problem with scatter plot an the millennium
I have been tacking several health stats over time since the 1980s and do a scatter plot against time. I have noticed that it does fine going through the year 2000, but after a certain range of source data, it starts plotting from the year 1900 and bunches my data points on the right side of the graph. (one of the graphs it is at 20 data points) I can reduce the source data range from either end and the graph looks fine, but I am missing data. This happens on excel 2002 and excel 2003. Is there some way to force the graph to use a specific range -- say 1980-2010 rather than 1900 to 2...

Backspace randomly starts deleting bullets...
I write a lot of lecture outlines in MS Word using bullets. It works extremely well, however, the funniest thing happens and I'd love to be able to stop it. Everything will work great for a time: When I press tab, the bullet will indent one tab forward. When I press backspace, the bullet will de-indent one tab backward. .... then, all of the sudden, without any purposeful doing on my part: When I press tab, the bullet will indent one tab forward. However, when I press backspace, it deletes the bullet. .... and this continues for the rest of the document and I can't...

scatter plots using pivot table data

list box controls
I have a userform list box - the data it is using to populate the list box contains part numbers - some of which are text and some of which are numbers. How do I set it so no matter what type of part number is selected, it will show as text? Thanks in advance. One way would be to apply the CStr function to each value of the ListBox as you use it. For example Range("A1") = CStr(ListBox1.Value) Or if MultiSelect Range("A1") = CStr(ListBox1.List(0) The CStr function forces the data to string type and if it is already string type it ignores it. "...

Make Button Text Bold ???
Is there a way to make the text shown in a button bold? Also can you change the font used for a buttons text? I cant find any way to do this. Thanks! -Chris >Is there a way to make the text shown in a button bold? Also can you change >the font used for a buttons text? I cant find any way to do this. Thanks! Chris, Here's an example that changes the font to italic. Place this code in your dialog's OnInitDialog handler: // TODO: Add extra initialization here /* Get the dialog font */ CFont * pFont = GetFont(); LOGFONT lf; /* Get the LOGFONT for the font */ pFont...

Random automatic reply
Outlook is sending a blank reply to nearly every message I receive. The time on the sent message is usually the exact same time as the message to which it replied. There is nothing attached, no subject line and nothing in the body. I've scanned numerous times for viruses with no success. Any ideas. Amos ...

Special Characters when Opening Text Files
When I open a text file which is delimited with tab and semi-colon, th TAB control character (represented by a square box) appears along wit the data. If I choose the Tab and Semi-colon delimiters, the TA control character disappears but the columns spill over to the nex column and is no longer aligned with the header. If I do not choos the Tab (just the semi-colon), the columns will align properly but th square boxes appear. However, when I open the same file from another computer, I don' encounter this problem. I checked out the Options and everything look the same. In my Options ...

Dynamic chart and shrinking text boxes
Good afternoon all, I have a dynamic chart, that records the amount of forms processed eac week. Every Friday, I coallate the statistics for the past week, an input them in, and the chart then grows by one week. Perfectly norma stuff, documented regularly. What I need to know, is, if it is possible to link outside objects t parts of the chart. Example. During 02/01/04 and 23/01/04 we were down 1 FTE (full tim equivalent), and I have a text box between those dates indicating this The problem is, when I add on a new week (for example, Week Endin 06/02/04) all the dates shift backwards, and I ...

XY scatter plot
Hi, I have data in 3 columns as follows: First column is the category Second column is X value Third column is Y value. Now I want to draw an XY scatter plot with X & Y values, with the categories in column A as legends/labels. How do I do it? Excel creates 2 series instead :( Select the numerical columns (B & C) and make your XY chart. Use one of these two free utilities to add the labels range as labels to the chart: Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tut...

Magnifying text?
Hello, I am using Outlook 2002 for my email with XP Pro. My vision has degraded and I would like to change the magnification or font size that appears in emails that I receive even if it is plain text. Does anyone know how to change magnification and/or font size in emails received - plain text? Thanks, Bob "BobK" <ergobob@sonic[REMOVE].net> wrote in message news:49ca3390$0$1616$742ec2ed@news.sonic.net... > I am using Outlook 2002 for my email with XP Pro. > > My vision has degraded and I would like to change the magnification or font > size that appe...

Static text wrap with no spaces
Hi, Is there any simple way to get a static control (with 3 lines) to wrap a file pathname that does not have any spaces, (apart from writing an OnPaint() or whatever)? Text wraps fine if there are spaces but is truncated if there are none. Thanks, Jan Not sure about your problem. But, I just read an article about "text wrapping in static control". Maybe useful for you, plz see: http://www.codeproject.com/script/admentor/include/ServeAdHTML.aspx?C=False&id=786 -- Best Regards Yan ZHANG http://www.nict.com.sg/zhang/ "Jan" <biteme@nospam.com> wrote in m...

Superscripts & Overlapping Text
I wish to place a trademark symbol "TM" close to my text and change its font size to make it smaller. When I make it a smaller font size and make it a superscript its vertical position changes to be too low. So I've tried to put the TM in it's own frame box, but when I move it close to the other text, that text disappears. I've tried sending the objects forward and back and making them transparent to no avail so far. Any ideas? Thanks After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Lefty Smith <leftyssmith@netscape.net>... > I...

changing the text of error messages
hi there, is there a way to change the text of an error message in MS CRM? Some of them are simply confusing for the user and I'd like to make them more understandable. I have no language pack installed and only need one language. Any ideas? Regards, Ludger ...

join contents of text boxes
Hi I have three text boxes on my report, which I would like to 'join' together, for example... text box 1 = "abc", text box 2 = "def", text box 3 ="ghi" The result I am after is "abc def ghi" - I have tried =[text box 1] & " " & [text box 2], which does work but when I try =[text box 1] & " " & [text box 2] & " " & [text box 3] it fails to show anything! Any ideas please Alec Provided you have the 3 text boxes on your report, and you have their names correct, your expression should wor...

Leading zeros with text #3
Hi, I need help on specifying the maximum length of characters contained in a cell. Additionally, once the length is specified, I need the data contained in the cell to fill the maximum allowable characters for the cell with leading zeros if the data does not satisfy the maximum length. i.e. if I have a name such as gray in a cell and the cell is only allowed to be 13 characters long, how do I get a return of 000000000gray If it's just a matter of formatting to look that way, go to cells, format, number, custom, '0000000000000' "ginzbeez" wrote: > Hi, > ...

Text to column,fix width
My chart is dynamic but one problem is that after I refresh data I have to fix width. Data/text to column/fix width/ finish. How can I write a macro so I will automatically fix width Or How can I change this to defaul so I don't have to fix with every time hitting refresh data. Thanks for your help Daniel You are not getting an answer because you question is unclear. Please explain exactly what is going on even with examples. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Daniel" wrote: > My chart is dynamic but one problem is that after I refresh data I have to > fix width. ...

How do I change the size of the text box in a flow chart?

multiply one text box on report by a value
I have a report with some calculated fields that produce a sum of values in a query this is achieved by =-DSum("[xxxxxx]","[anotherfieldxxx]") I need to multiply this by another value(i.e. 20.00 dollars and can't get this to work not sure why > achieved by =-DSum("[xxxxxx]","[anotherfieldxxx]") Your DSum expression does not look correct to me. What does the "[xxxxxx]" part represent. It should be the name of a field. The next part, "[anotherfieldxxx]", should be the name of a table or query (the Domain). All domain aggr...