Ran Design Checker now can't open document

Hello, I work for a county extension office in 4-H and produce a monthly
newsletter that is usually large size 4-5 M.  I run XP and I have at least
1032 RAM, more I think. While running the Design Check I kept getting a
Windows low memory warning.  (I didn't have anything else running).  So I
saved it and rebooted. Now I can't open it. The program starts, but I get a
box saying Publisher can't open.

My colleagues who have Publisher can not open it either when I email it to
them. What happened?
0
Michele (87)

How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198256/en-us

What version Publisher?

You can send the file to me, maybe I can help
mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Michele" <Michele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, I work for a county extension office in 4-H and produce a monthly
> newsletter that is usually large size 4-5 M.  I run XP and I have at least
> 1032 RAM, more I think. While running the Design Check I kept getting a
> Windows low memory warning.  (I didn't have anything else running).  So I
> saved it and rebooted. Now I can't open it. The program starts, but I get a
> box saying Publisher can't open.
>
> My colleagues who have Publisher can not open it either when I email it to
> them. What happened?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
2/1/2007 6:48:49 PM
Sorry it took so long to report back.  That did not work.  Our IT person had
pulled the same instructions. By the way I operate Pub. 2003 and I have 2GB
of memory. I have had other performance issues with Pub lately - especially
in converting to pdf, I can't get the file size down. I have compressed
photo, ran audits on my pdf program to no avail. Running the design checker
was my next method to see if I had hidden formatting that was contributing to
the file size.  I can email the document and I presume I could upload it.
IT has ordered me the 2007 to see if that helps. Though I have heard my
colleagues with PUB 2003 it won't be compatable. Thanks.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher
>
> What version Publisher?
>
> You can send the file to me, maybe I can help
> mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Michele" <Michele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello, I work for a county extension office in 4-H and produce a monthly
> > newsletter that is usually large size 4-5 M.  I run XP and I have at least
> > 1032 RAM, more I think. While running the Design Check I kept getting a
> > Windows low memory warning.  (I didn't have anything else running).  So I
> > saved it and rebooted. Now I can't open it. The program starts, but I get a
> > box saying Publisher can't open.
> >
> > My colleagues who have Publisher can not open it either when I email it to
> > them. What happened?

0
Michele (87)

3 views in same document in mdi app
Does anyone know how to switch between 3 views in the same window in a mfc application. I have 3 menu functions, OnSalesChart, OnSalesTable, OnCategoryChart. the sales chart is the default view. I'm doing a variation of the code extract listed, which works but only if i swap between one to the other and then back again before switching to another view. I think the problem lies with m_pDataList->SetDlgCtrlID(AFX_IDW_PANE_FIRST); m_pCategoryView->SetDlgCtrlID(AFX_IDW_PANE_FIRST+1); and how im processing them. Could anyone help, if you need to email me, remove the obvious ...

Form opening to new record
Hi I am having a problem with my form not opening to the expected record. I have a Summary form in datasheet view (frmCandidates). When the user double clicks on the CandidateID a detail form opens (frmCandidateDetails). frmCandidateDetails is based of the table CANDIDATES. The first tab is all the detail info. The second tab contains a subform (frmJobDetails). frmJobDetails is linked via CandidateID. When a user doubles clicks and frmCandidateDetails opens, the user is able to see all the details and scroll through all the related jobs on the second tab. The problem I am having is tha...

How do I open the Junk Mail folder in Outlook 2000?
Hi! I can't find a Junk Mail folder to open? All info talks about setting up filters. I am missing messages and would like to see if they have landed in Junk(SPAM) Mail. Please advise and thanks! Dianne C. Dianne C. wrote: > I can't find a Junk Mail folder to open? All info talks about setting up > filters. I am missing messages and would like to see if they have > landed in Junk(SPAM) Mail. There is no Junk folder created by Outlook 2000. That version has no inbuilt spam filter. You'll have to create one if you want to use it, and then spec...

Populate or update new date field (if blank) on opening of form
I have added a new date field to the Case form (new_occurrencedate), which I would like to be populated with todays date (if it is blank) on the opening of the form (or creation of a new case). I have tried adding workflow but this does not change the date from blank when adding a new case. I guess I need a small on open script on the form to check if the field is blank and if so, update the field with todays date. If so could anyone suggest a working script? Thanks in advance The occurrencedate will only be blank the first time you create the form, if it gets put in there the first ti...

Cannot Open Service Calendar!
Hi Everybody, I got a error message when I open the Service Calendar "Record Is Unavailable" The record that your are requesting is currently unavailable.Either the record was not found or you do not have sufficient security permission to view it. I have try to restore the CRM Database to the backup one and try restart the server. but the problem is still there. below is part of the MSCRMSerive.log to here Crm Exception Message: Pointer record exists but referenced record of type 8 not found: 32a7cb86-70e1-da11-9ea9-0013d4091a14, ErrorCode: -2147220969 [2007-01-08 09:03:04.5]...

Saving a document
I have OS X 3.2, Office v.X and an iMac. Whenever I try to save a Word or Excel file the save window opens behind the menu and toolbars at the top of the screen. The top portion of the save window, including the field to name the file, is hidden behind the menu and toolbars. I cannot move or resize the save window. Unfortunately this means I can't name my file so I accept the default ("untitled" in Word and "Workbookx" in Excel), save it to my desktop, go to my desktop to rename the file and move it to it's proper location. This is driving me crazy! There must...

Opening Excel to a particular worksheet
Hello, I have created a spreadsheet for a number of users to access. I would like the spreadsheet to open on a particular worksheet every time no matter where it is saved. The Worksheet that I would like to have as the default page acts as a coversheet and has hyperlinks to other input & savings worksheets. Can someone please tell me how to open my spreadsheet up at the 1 default worksheet every time. Is it a macro or is it the way the shortcut is written? If it is one of the above, how can I accomplish my goal? Hi Aaron! Try: In the VBA editor double click on 'ThisWorkboo...

emailing documents 04-07-10
My Word documents sometimes cannot be received. Is PDF the easiest format to email? I'm not real sure what you mean by "cannot be received". Do you mean the recipient doesn't have Word? If that's what you mean, then sending a .pdf is a good alternative. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jamison" <Jamison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F74F941B-454A-4434-9B70-E2862E501BE8@microsoft.com... > My Word documents sometimes cannot be received. ...

Cant open database files
I have MS Publisher 2007. I had to reformat my hard drive. I backed up my database files (mdb) on the internet and on disc prior to reformatting. After reinstalling my XP home operating system and MS Office 2007 I tried reloading my database files from my disc and off the internet but Publisher says that it cannot access them because they have been renamed or deleted. My computer still shows that my files are still ~ 600 kb in size so I know the info is still there. Someone please help! These are business database address files and I can not get them back. Have you tried opening the d...

Multiple Databases Open
I am working with Access 2002. I have a database with a button on the Switchboard that opens a Word mail merge using an Access query for the data. It is set to merge the letters for the records in the query when it opens. This works fine for me but when the other user clicks the button it opens a second copy of the database. Has anyone had this problem and how do I fix it? Thanks in advance. I have seen this also. It still works so I just ignored it. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Ann&qu...

How NOT to open .eml messages in WLM
When I save a message in Outlook Express 6, it is an .eml or .nws message. Then when I try to OPEN that same message it opens in WLM, even though I have it set to open in OE. How do I get these messages to open cleanly in OE? Thanks. Nancy Jackman How to change or select which program starts when you double-click a file in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307859 "Nancy Jackman" <nanwjackman@beaufort.com> wrote in message news:OEAu6YjbKHA.1596@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > When I save a message in Outlook Express 6, it is an .eml or ....

Feb 15 live chat -- now! -- upgrading/migrating to 8.0
Hi all, I wanted to let you know that the MBS Community site is hosting a live chat on upgrading and migrating to Great Plains 8.0 on Tuesday, Feb. 15, from 12:00 to 1:00 P.M. Pacific time. (NOW!) The chat room is here: http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/chatroom.aspx And here's a description of the chat: ***Microsoft Great Plains 8.0 Updates and Migration*** Submit your questions and concerns about upgrading and migrating to Microsoft Business Solutions—Great Plains 8.0. In this live chat, Microsoft Great Plains technical support engineers Kelly Youells and Loralie Frite...

eConnect -- additional documentation and support
Hello, I'm working on my first eConnect implementation, and I'm finding the included documentation and samples a bit short of what I'd hope to see. My needs are fairly light (or at least I think so), but I've been having difficulty "digging deeper". Can anyone suggest a good resource (or groups of resources) that I can tap for support during this project? In other words, if this was your first eConnect project, where would you go for additional support outside of what was included in the eConnect SDK? The main goal of my implementation project is to post ...

opening html file in Word
I am trying to open an HTML file in Word but find that the styles defined in the html file's .css are lost. When I open the file in Word, all paragraph styles are gone or changed to the default Word styles (ie. Heading 1). How can I retain the html style names and definistions in a Word document? ...

CRM 4.0
Hi, After upgrading the crm 4.0 all reports seems to be duplicated, but reports are working fine. when enter reporting services I can see 2 folders for the company, one that doesn't contain any report. So i deleted it. Reports are running fine in reports server. After this I get the following error when running the reports in CRM: An error has occured try this action again. if the problem continues, check Microsoft Dynamics CRM community for solutions or contact your organization's Microsoft Dynamics crm administrator Finally you can contact CRM support. ANY IDEAS??? Have...

Links not opening on IE and Firefox, only on my user account, for some websites
I�ve recently been having trouble opening certain links, both on Internet Explorer and Firefox. Everything was working fine 2 days ago, when I ran �Disk Cleanup�. However, I don�t think that�s the problem because I ran �Disk Cleanup� once, only for my user account files, and the second time, for all the files on the computer. And this trouble is only occurring my user account. What happens is that I�ll go on, Youtube for instance and clicking on ANY link, whether it�s left-clicking on it, right-clicking on it or clicking the scroller to open the link in a new tab, it doesn�t ha...

How do I open a pub file, WITHOUT the Task Pane in place?
I have been using MS Publisher for more than 15 years for print pieces for my business. I recently switched to Pub 2007 (and Windows 7). In Pub 2007, the Task Pane (to the left) opens automatically, unlike previous versions of MS Pub. I would prefer that the Task Pane NOT appear when I open a pub file. Is there a series of steps that I can use to deselect "Task Pane" so it is not in place by default when I open a file? Thanks, Jim No... You can minimize the task pane to small, it is a tear off. Drag it to a less intrusive place on your screen. Publisher will remember ...

Security settings that prevent opening links in received emails?
When I lick on any linked item in a received email while viewing the email in the preview or after opening the email, I receive a error message that says "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." Well, this is a home PC running Windows XP 64-bit and Outlook 2007. I do use AVG for a anti-virus, but the weird thing is that this changed over night without me knowingly making any security changes. I wasn't even messing around with settings. This just happened out of the blue. Any ...

Vista - Money 2005 Cannot open file
Installed Money Standard 2005 on new Vista Machine. Foillowed the following instructions; == Install Money 2005 by right-clicking Setup.exe from your CD and choosing RunAsAdministrator. Find the sample.mny file in your install folder. That may be "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money 2005". Copy sample.mny file to your Documents folder in Vista. In Windows Explorer, right-click that file and choose RunAsAdministrator. It will do an update. Close Money. Reboot the computer. Then open Money and check that Help->About... says you then have version 14.0.*.1105. M...

6 Pc Jumbo Open &amp; Boxed Wrench Set 1-3/8"
Price:$49.99 Image: http:///image.php?id=B001SU3AIU Best deal: http:///index.php?id=B001SU3AIU 6 Pc Jumbo Open & Boxed End Wrenches by ProForge. Ideal for the professional mechanic, contractor, farmer, trucker, ect. The set contains 1-3/8" X 17-1/2", 1-1/2" x 18-1/2", 1-5/8" x 19-1/2", 1-3/4" x 21", 1-7/8" x 22-1/4", 2" x 23-1/2". 15 degree offset end. 12 point chamfered boxed end. Chrome vanadium steel for lifetime of service. Lifetime warranty. SKU: 9734N ...

Problem opening htm attachment in OWA
I have a survey that goes out in emails as an htm file. The contents of the file when I open it in Notepad are below: *************************** <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"> <!-- Begin window.location="http://server01.domain01.com/Survey?Customer=%22John E Smith%22&CallID=00034691&CustType=%22Employee%22&CustID=%22jesmith%22"; // End --> </script> <noscript> *************************** I can open the file above with no problems in Outlook but I cannot in OWA. I tried saving the htm file attachment from OWA to my desktop and disco...

Can't open email message
We have a generic email account that receives mail and forwards it to multiple users on the local lan. One user is unble to open emails forwarded to them from this account...sometimes. (2 out of every 100 messages). The user also has a rule that moves the message from this account to a folder. When openning the message they get "Can't open this item. The operation failed". All other users can open the message without problem. All users are using Outlook 2002 sp2 (can't use sp3 because it breaks another program they use). The AV running is the same on all workstations...

How do I create a tri-fold document from 8 by 11.5 paper
Wot's Your Real Problem? "Onglen" <Onglen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96A9A982-BCE3-4EBE-A755-BF1FBE4F3DC5@microsoft.com... > -- John G Wot's Your Real Problem? Create brochures that help you sell in Publisher http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010563161033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Onglen" <Onglen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96A9A982-BCE3-4EBE-A755-BF1FBE4F3DC5@microsoft.com... > Onglen There ...

Can no longer open Outlook: "Not responding"
Please please help me! I can no longer open Outlook. I called my exchange server to see if there was a large message causing outlook to hang (trying to download it). That is not the problem. The last time this happened to me was 3 years ago and I LOST EVERYTHING. i will pass out if that happens to me again. I admit, I have way too many messages. It is probably hanging b/c it has to work too hard to download everything. Please let me know if anyone can help me locate large msg files on my hard drive that I can delete if possible. My main concern is that I am a publicist and my contact...

How can I open a file saved in another version of Publisher? #2
I have Publisher 2000 and I am trying to open a .pub file but the message says it cannot open because the file is save in a different version of Publisher. Is there a way to open the file in Publisher 2000? Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...