Question for Brian Kvalheim

In an earlier post regarding footnotes in Publisher you
stated: "...Easy. Go to Edit > Edit Story in Word from the
Publisher menu. This will allow you to have footnotes...."

I thought this would be great for my newsletters. Using
XP2, Publisher 2003, I have tried repeatedly. I assume that
when through inserting the footnotes, one chooses Close and
return to publication [name]. The footnotes do not remain.
I also tried a footnote and an end note. Neither were
present in the Publisher document.
0
anonymous (74722)

Chuck Davis wrote:
> In an earlier post regarding footnotes in Publisher you
> stated: "...Easy. Go to Edit > Edit Story in Word from the
> Publisher menu. This will allow you to have footnotes...."
>
> I thought this would be great for my newsletters. Using
> XP2, Publisher 2003, I have tried repeatedly. I assume
> that when through inserting the footnotes, one chooses
> Close and return to publication [name]. The footnotes do
> not remain. I also tried a footnote and an end note.
> Neither were present in the Publisher document.
I wonder if...View / Header and Footer...would be useful?

--

John Inzer
return e-mail disabled

0
oobie (2069)
11/28/2004 12:39:00 AM

Brian,
The end result is still no footnotes.
0
anonymous (74722)
11/28/2004 12:48:56 AM
Chuck Davis wrote:
> The end result is still no footnotes.
==============================
OK...but in Pub2003...if I go to...
View / Header and Footer...I see a
page with a field at the top for a
header and a field at the bottom for
a footer. If I enter text in either field...
when I return to the regular view...
the text is still there. If I don't enter
text...the field disappears.

Sorry...that's the best I can offer.
Have you tried searching your help
files for footnotes?

--

John Inzer
return e-mail disabled

0
oobie (2069)
11/28/2004 3:48:52 AM
Chuck Davis wrote:
> In an earlier post regarding footnotes in Publisher you
> stated: "...Easy. Go to Edit > Edit Story in Word from the
> Publisher menu. This will allow you to have footnotes...."
>
> I thought this would be great for my newsletters. Using
> XP2, Publisher 2003, I have tried repeatedly. I assume that
> when through inserting the footnotes, one chooses Close and
> return to publication [name]. The footnotes do not remain.
> I also tried a footnote and an end note. Neither were
> present in the Publisher document.

Chuck (and Ed), you are absolutely correct. I was mistaken. I intended to
say that you can use Insert > Object > Create from File > Browse to and
Existing Word Document. This keeps the footnotes intact.

Again, my bad for the wrong information.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
ic (207)
11/29/2004 1:10:31 AM

I have successfully inserted the object (Word document)
into Publisher. I can open the object and add to the
document. However, I can't make it into a multiple page
story. I have inserted additional pages, but can't link the
story to an additional page.
0
anonymous (74722)
11/29/2004 6:53:51 PM
Hi Chuck Davis (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com),
in the newsgroups
you posted:
|| I have successfully inserted the object (Word document)
|| into Publisher. I can open the object and add to the
|| document. However, I can't make it into a multiple page
|| story. I have inserted additional pages, but can't link the
|| story to an additional page.

Yet another limitation :(
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
11/29/2004 8:16:01 PM
How about this...
Paste the footnotes into a textbox, link it to the footnote textbox on page 2 and so
on. You probably will have to do some fiddling but it could work.
Create textboxes for your story above the footnote textbox, link those too. A
workaround...

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com> wrote in message
> Hi Chuck Davis (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com),
> in the newsgroups
> you posted:
> || I have successfully inserted the object (Word document)
> || into Publisher. I can open the object and add to the
> || document. However, I can't make it into a multiple page
> || story. I have inserted additional pages, but can't link the
> || story to an additional page.
>
> Yet another limitation :(
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com
> ~pay it forward~

> confers no rights.

0
gsauer (5093)
11/29/2004 10:08:16 PM
Or use PagePlus 10 if you do this with many files!

Mike

Mary Sauer wrote:
> How about this...
> Paste the footnotes into a textbox, link it to the footnote textbox on page 2 and so
> on. You probably will have to do some fiddling but it could work.
> Create textboxes for your story above the footnote textbox, link those too. A
> workaround...

0
wordwiz (948)
11/29/2004 10:43:41 PM
Mike Koewler wrote:
> Or use PagePlus 10 if you do this with many files!
>
> Mike
>
> Mary Sauer wrote:
>> How about this...
>> Paste the footnotes into a textbox, link it to the footnote textbox
>> on page 2 and so on. You probably will have to do some fiddling but
>> it could work. Create textboxes for your story above the footnote
>> textbox, link
>> those too. A workaround...

Or just keep using Word for your documents that require footnotes, since
they already have it ;)

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
ic (207)

Redeploy question regarding databases
We just finished the redeploy of CRM 1.2 to 3.0 in a new server. Everything is good but we need help with SQL. The databases need to be updated with the data that employees enter in the old server running 1.2. What is the best way to do it? Do the table structures of both Databases are the same? ...

A question about Outlookexpress backup file (.dbx)
Hi, there. Is there anybody here know how to recover the compact Outlookexpress5 backup files (.dbx file)? Thanks a lot! "Jerry" <chance912@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:18e201c4a252$09d330b0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, there. Is there anybody here know how to recover the > compact Outlookexpress5 backup files (.dbx file)? Thanks a > lot! From where? Jerry <chance912@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, there. Is there anybody here know how to recover the > compact Outlookexpress5 backup files (.dbx file)? Thanks a > lot! DBX files are NOT "Outlook...

Exchange OWA question
All, Two questions on OWA: 1. Do I need a Front End server to enable OWA from outside for my users? I only have one Exchange 2003 server running Windows 2003. 2. When I access OWA from inside my network, the public folders are view on a different screen. I am not able to use the move items option to move or copy items from my inbox to a public folder as they are not available in the Pick Folder list. Can this be changed? Thanks, Rafael 1. No; OWA can run on that server - but be cautious in allowing connections to the server. I'd be sure to use SSL connections only. 2. I thin...

Question: Before you Buy
Hi All, Concerning the new Microsoft Money version, may be coming from Quicken Deluxe 2006. Question: For the newest version of Microsoft Money, does it support Direct Downloading from Banks? Question: For Backing up your Data Files that you are working with, does Microsoft Money support backing up to DVD Media that you can re-write to, like DVD+RW Disks that are pre-formatted with Nero's InCD program, so you can use the DVD Disks more than one time? -- thecreator In microsoft.public.money, thecreator wrote: > > > Question: For the newest version of M...

Simple Question
Can anyone tell me how to prevent the annoying 'Security Warning' form from appearing everytime I open/load a new database file in ACCESS 2003. Go to: Tools | Macro | Security and set the dialog to Low. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. <trekgoes2malaysia@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:b80879f9-3e62-4e20-b234-6691e32afffe@s12g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > Can anyone tell me how to prevent the annoying 'Security Warning' ...

forwarding question for exchange 2k3
I have a new Exchange 2k3 server up and running. I am looking to add email addresses for folks in our sister company and route the messages to them. For example I wish to have johndoe@xyz.com (my domain) route to johndoe@xyz.de (sister domain). Can this be done without creating full mailboxes for those users? Thanks JP You can add Active Directory contact objects into your domain for the sister company. If there are shedloads you can consider using something like SimpleSync www.cps- systems.com to do regular synch ups between the two domains. If the two domains are only liked via the...

I have a question about using a function in a form
I have used the "workingdays2" function in a query to calculate the number of working days between two days like so... WorkingDays2([SLA_Date3],[SLA_Date4]) I have tried using this in a text box in a form but the calculation won't work. Any ideas? Another stupid moment. Date4 was earlier than Date3, duh! "SteveM" wrote: > So I assume WorkingDays2() is a user-defined public function? > SLA_Date3 and SLA_Date4 are fields on your form? > > Try putting = sign first: > > =WorkingDays2([SLA_Date3],[SLA_Date4]) > > Steve > > &quo...

SFO connection question
On SFO I am connected to a MSCRM server 1. Now I want to connect to another server. Where do I have to specify the server ? Or is it only at the client installation time I can specify it ? Does that mean I have to uninstall and install again. Please help. There are registry entries under hkey localmachine, software, microsoft,mscrm which point to the web server. I have never tried changing the web server address. As long as the new web server is still using the same database it may work. Honestly I would reinstall "Arch" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

A Tricky Question! Macro & Chart
Hi All I have a very tricky problem here. I have a column chart which has sa 4 columns - namely, A, B, C and D. First Issue - I would like to check is it possible to assign a specifi macro for A, B, C, and D to their respective columns? Second Issue - And as each macro has its own codes, would it b possible for the macro to be so smart that if I click on the column fo A, A macro will run... Please note that the order of the columns will change over time as will sort the values and put the one with the highest value as th first column. Kindly advice me whether the above are possible.....

excell sorting question
does anyone know how to do a sort for how close a list of numbers com to a designated cell with a index number in that cell?? example: a 39 b 40 c 51 d 44 e 43 sort by being the same or the closest to "44" results should be: d 44 e 43 b 40 a 39 c 5 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Twosix, You can add a helper column... In the column next to that one (assume A1:A5) enter =ABS(44-A1) and drag down to fill the series. Select both columns and choose Data -> Sort and sort according to the helper column. Dan E "twosix >" <<twosix...

MultiCurrency Question
Hi: I am in a situation where a canadian based company whose Products and Product List is in Canadian Dollars wants to create a Quote in US dollars. It seems that we cannot add the products with Canadian Dollars Currency in a USD Price List when we are using a Percent method of pricing. If that is the case, how can it be handled? I cannot create 2 sets of the same Product because the exchange rate is not fixed. Typically, CRM should be calculating the currency in USD using the exchange rate that's provided, but CRM simply is refusing to allow me to add a product with a different c...

Question about modal userform.....
My userform has various controls which allow the user to enter data. (i.e textboxes, calendar control, etc...). I load the userform as follows: Userform1.Show ' ' Code here runs after userform is closed! ' My question is....will the Visual Basic stop and wait at the "Userform1.Show" line until the user is done entering data and they close it out??? I'm just worried that the form is loaded and that VBA continues exiting the code below the "userform1.show" line. thankx No, you are okay, the code flow is passed to the code in the fo...

Question about win32 exe format.
Is there a method or class/construct in MFC which can give me information about an Win32 exe file? I've done *some* reading and have learned *some* stuff, like determining if a file IS a Win32 exe, but I was wondering about all the other stuff that you get when you right click on an exe and select 'properties' such as 'Description', 'Copyright', 'Comments' etc. If nothing in MFC, can someone provide a link/article/resource where I might learn such info? Paul The values you are referring to have nothing to do with knowing how to read the executable. Y...

Average Question Again
I am trying to average a column of numbers on Control Group 1 say I1 t I300. Some cells are empty. I am using sheet 1 to do my averaging. Fo what ever reason I keep getting error messages. I am not sure why i won't calculate. Formating is set to number. I have tried severa suggestions from a previous post. I am open to any and all suggestions. Please Help ASAP!!!! Thank You In Advance Mik -- mikeee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikeeee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1461 View this thread: http:/...

Question on organizing large amounts of small Excel Files
I have a question regarding how I can best organize large amounts of excel worksheets so that they are more managable. I am using Excel 2002, and my problem is that the tool logs for the machine that I work with are getting out of hand. The machine stores process information in Comma Delimited form that we download into folders on our network drive. Usually we generate about 1500 logs per year. Currently, my Engineer has me open each individual file and format it. I created a small micro for this to make it easier, but it is still time consuming. Is there a way to apply a micro to large a...

Sales Process Question 08-02-06
Is it possible to create a sales process based where stage progression is based on a field value - for example a pick list rather than the status of an activity? I want to create a pick list with sales stages and have a process evaluate the picklist value before progressing to the next stage. ...

Questions on Document/View architecture
Hi, I've gone over several books that I bought off-shelf on MFC. But even now, I can't understand what the document is used for. The most confusing element is OnOpenDocument and serialize For onopendocument, the book indicates that you can initialize array elements and other stuff. However, what happens when I want to load stuff from disk amd initialize it on Onopendocument, I guess it is coming from the serialise method. But I did not find a place you can find the file's name.... Please help. Jack Jack wrote: > Hi, > I've gone over several books that I bought o...

Excel question...
I've got a monthly report that I have to run, based off of data coming from a Unix server via Simba Serv. Once I have the data, I've got formulas I run-one column plus or divided by another column equals data I enter in a new column & so-on. My question is can I automate this & if so, how? Macros? VB Script? Looking for a nudge in the right direction. Thanks in advance- Hi the best way may be to start with recording a macro whilde doing this manually (goto 'Tools - Macros - Record macro). After this have a look at the created code and clean it up. A good starting point ...

POST A QUESTION
Formula is in cell A3 which is =A1+A2. If I don't put any numbers in A1 or A2 cell A3 displays #value! Is there a way to not have the #value! show in cell A3? Hi, if you are doing a sum shouldn't give you that result anyway you can use =if(A1="",A2,if(A2="",A1,A1+A2)) "dwolf" wrote: > Formula is in cell A3 which is =A1+A2. If I don't put any numbers in A1 or A2 > cell A3 displays #value! Is there a way to not have the #value! show in cell > A3? Check to see if A1 or A2 is formatted as something other than a number, o...

Investment account question
Hi I'm trying to setup a Pension Account and find this quite confusing. I hope that you can assist me. I want to track the "Account Value" but do not want this to be reflected in the "Total Account Balance". Is this possible? I would just like to track the monthly contributions - is this done via "Bills and Desposits"? Thank you I'm not sure Investment Account is the best bet for a pension, but there are infinite varieties of pension accounts, so maybe it is appropriate for your case. Are we talking a 401(k)/403(b) type of account? A defined ...

Matrix/array question
I am trying to demonstrate the effect of changing scores on a cumulative total. My table has 7 categories. Each category has a weight factor of between 1 and 4, and can receive a score between 1 and 5. I want to create a table showing all the possible combinations of scores, to show what effect any change in score in one category will have on the total score. I realize that I will get 78,125 results, but I can then summarize them to show the overall effects. What formula would give me these results, or is there even a way to do it? My categories are a2:a8, weights are b2:b8, and scores ...

VBA question confused
I have a form set up with a recordset. I'm also using a filter. Me.Filter = "position IN ('custody','sgt','lieutenant','captain', 'other') and shift IN ('a-days','day shift','afternoon shift')" Me.FilterOn = True I'm trying to get an order by the last name field. I read Allen Brown's page about setting the order. I've also read other pages on this board that basically says it can't be done. So, I wrote an SQL that would give me what I want. strSelect = "SELECT * " & _ ...

another dumb question from me
sorry in advance i finally am giving ie8 a go - had been using ie7 & opera as my car ins. site would not work on one & my credit union would not on the other - anyway, in ie8, i see auto complete - is this like opera's password function ? that is, some of the sites i use regularly, on opera, i just click the icon & bam, the username & pw were put in - i don't know how to do it in ie8 - went to help but it said how to turn it off, but it's on & i see nothing to click that will fill in the details for me any/all, much appreciated -- Dallas...

LDAP Filter Syntax Question
I am creating a Query based distribution group. This group will contain all groups and users whos name starts with RX. I believe by default it creates and AND search. I want it to find one OR the other. Here is the filter that was created. What do I need to change to make it search for either a group OR a user name that starts with RX? (&(!cn=SystemMailbox{*})(&(&(&(& (mailnickname=*) (| (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(homeMDB=*)(msExchHomeServerName=*)))(objectCategory=group) )))(objectCategory=user)(objectCategory=group)(displayName=rx*)(cn=rx*)))) C...

Auto-correct options question
I have Outlook 2003. When I use "text" format for an outgoing email or reply, autocorrect is operational and "autocorrect options" is on the Tools menu. When I switch to "HTML" format, no autocorrect operations work and there is no "autocorrect options" on the tools menu. Guess the question is why, and is there a way to make the autocorrect options work in HTML format! Thanks. Marti Marti <MartiB@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have Outlook 2003. When I use "text" format for an outgoing email > or reply, autocorrect is operational...