Publishing to Web - images create own pages

We have just upgraded from Publisher 2000 to 2003. Now when we publish to the
web each of the images creates their own page with a link back to their
original location; and the file which has 38 pages when open in the computer
has over 600 pages when viewed from the internet. What has happened? How can
we fix this?
0
olsenj (1)

printing Publisher mailmerge
When printing a large mailmerge file, Publisher spools the job in sets of 10 pages at a time, instead of one job. I get several jobs at the printer named Records 1-10, records 11-20, records 21-30 etc. instead of the one job name. I can't find any settings in Publisher to send one complete job. I've tested it with 4 different printers and it is always the same result. Is there anyway to turn off this seeting? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > When printing a large mailmerge file,...

publisher wont up load my website cant work out why
for some reason after doing everything right publisher wont publish my wesite. My service provider cant figure out why not as he went through everything the url is correct its just not recognising it saying check for url cannot publish to this file. please can any one help me. Also I was told to transfer it into microsoft front page as i would be able to publish it from there but when i try to move it there or open it with front page its only transfering 1 page not the whole 6 pages i have. does anyone know how to get a website i made from publisher and move it into frontpage succesfull...

Repeat the column titles on each page
Repeat the column titles on each page Hi LAURAO File>PageSetup..Sheet See rows to repeat at top -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "LAURAO" <LAURAO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9F68F8A-9434-4A35-88A2-D9B8BD2B7155@microsoft.com... > Repeat the column titles on each page Hi 'File-Pagesetup-Sheets' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany LAURAO wrote: > Repeat the column titles on each page ...

slow to load Data Access Pages
I have some Data Access pages made in Access 2000 located on a shared drive. How is it possible to speed up the "databinding"? Other than improving queries and table designs, because I've all ready done that? -- justme0010 ...

When I click on the tabs, I get a page icon and all is stuck
I was just asked to help a lady in the office, that I helped copy a excel file from one computer to her computer. I was able to open the file and as soon as I tried to click on the tabs (sheets) on the bottom, the mouse pointer had a little page attached to it, and everything was frozen. I hope one of you wonderful experts out here can help me with this problem. BTW, when I tried to x out of the file, I got a whatever the European sign is for not enter, I know I'm not good as describing the problem, maybe one of you is a mindreader as well.Many many thanks in advance.........Peter When ...

XP crashes
Every now and then my XP box has crashes and rev\booted for no obvious reason. In event viewer I see this message every now and then. Any idea as to the cause? Would this cause the crash or the crash cause this? Thanks, rock Windows reboot An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk2\D during a paging operation. Error code 00000024, parameter1 001902fe, parameter2 f78beb98, parameter3 f78be894, parameter4 f7b77306. Perhaps you might want to run the bootable HD checking utility and a memory test "rock" <1940@pobox.com> wrote in messa...

Force CSV page Break
Hi y'all! I have a big time problem! I am creating a report using an Ascii output program. I'm creating a CSV file to be able to open it in Excel. I need to be able to do a Page-break through my ascii file. Anyone knows how to do it? Here is an example of my output report: Date: 01/01/2003,Page: 1, Name,Account,amount,difference PAGE-BREAK Date: 01/01/2003,Page: 2, Name,Account,amount,difference PAGE-BREAK Date: 01/01/2003,Page: 3, Name,Account,amount,difference PAGE-BREAK All i need to have is how/what character to put in the report to force a page-break. Thanks MauditOstie ----...

Imaged Win 7 PC cannot stream to another Imaged PC
Hi, I am having an issue getting 2 Windows 7 PC's to stream to each other. After using an Acronis image to upgrade a PC with the image from another it all worked well and I was up and running quickly and registered both copies (using family pack licence) without a problem. The problem I have is with the new 'play to' function in media player. Each PC will not see the other Win 7 PC on my network. When I compared the 'media streaming options' 'troubleshooting information' it shows that both the PCs have the same Serial number and unique identifier. ...

How do I link data workbooks to a create a graph?
I am attempting to take workbooks from the last 4 months, each with a daily data sheet, and link Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, etc. to time of day and staffing levels. I want the final result to be charts that show the relationship between staffing levels, incoming call volume, and time of day. hi Andrea, Many things are possible in Excel & I'd say that you could probably find a way of linking all the workbooks. However, I think any "easier" approach would involve opening each file & copying the data from each sheet in each file to a single sheet in one file (with...

MS
Why is it taking so long to create a newsgroup for Exchange 2003? Time to move on from "Exchange All Versions", "Exchange 2000", and "Outlook" Come on! get with your own program ...

Using Publisher Templates
I need to create different templates that will be used interchangeably. i.e., I may need page one of my document to be Template 1, page two of the document to be Template 2. How can I import both templates into the same document? Copy and paste the items you want from one into the other. Save the resulting file as a template. -- JoAnn Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer. --Bruce Graham "CR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d85201c3ef46$33bb2dc0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I need to create di...

why does publisher 97 fail to save in limited user account
I am using windows XP. one of the accounts on the PC is a limited user (not admin) Publisher 97 will not save the files when using this account. Error message "could not create a tempory file" occurs. Works fine if the user profile is changed to admin user? ...

Outlook add-in that captures contacts from email, web page and documents and adds them to outlook address book
AddressGrabber Standard is an Outlook add-in that captures names, addresses, email, phone,fax etc. from emails, web pages and documents and adds contacts to your outlook addressbook with a single click http://bit.ly/c2BXrb ...

Use Edit HTML Code Fragment to create link
Hi, I would like to use a .jpg as an anchor for a "return to top of page" bookmark. I have the code and it works, except that I have to use an absolute URL for the image. I need to use a relative URL as this webpage will be published on more that one server. In the img src= "Picture.gif" part of the code I have to use an absolute URL or the image will not show. Is there a way around this? This is what the directions on the MS website say to do. (I had to manipulate the directions a bit to make the .jpg the anchor as opposed to the link.) <a href="#addi...

web query query!
Hi All I've developed a worksheet that retrieves external data from a web page (stocks & shares info). At the moment I display the data at a certain cell in the worksheet so other cells in the sheet can calculate values of my shares. As I don't need the all the external data to be viewed (I only need one column of values), is there a way to extract the data I need from the web query without displaying it all in the worksheet? Thanks in advance Dave ...

Automatically create bookmarks between the occurrence of user-defined style.
Dear Experts: I got a document where the user-defined Paragraph Style (Style_User_Defined) occurs between 2 and n-times. I now would like to be able to automatically create bookmarks (naming convention: bookmark_1 till bookmark_n) between these occurrences of this user-defined style. To be more precise: Bookmark_1: Spans from FIRST occurrence of 'Style_User_Defined' till the paragraph immediately preceding the SECOND occurrence of 'Style_User_Defined'. Bookmark_2: Spans from SECOND occurrence of 'Style_User_Defined' till the paragraph immediately pr...

Preview Pane in Outlook Web Access on 2003 exchange server
Is ther a way to globally set the default value for the reading pane to Off for all folders under outlook web access? eli silverman wrote: > Is ther a way to globally set the default value for the reading pane > to Off for all folders under outlook web access? Microsoft Outlook Web Access 2003 Web Administration tool should be able to do this: Download details: Exchange 2003: Outlook Web Access Web Administration: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=4BBE7065-A04E-43CA-8220-859212411E10&displaylang=en -- Henrik Walther Exchange MVP Exchange-faq.dk MSExchange...

Creating A Total Based On Multiple Conditions
I'm working on a spreadsheet and my head has nearly exploded fro frustration. The problem is, i need the spreadsheet to count cells in one column bu only if they hold certain data from another cell. I found one sample formula which is: =sum(if((B5:B25="NORTHWIND")*(C5:C25="WESTERN"),F5:F25)) but it doesn't seem to work, i'm quite new to excel so maybe i jus don't understand it, so explaining what it means would be good. Erm...... does that make sense???? Can anyone help before i go totally insane? :confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForu...

How to Remove Watermark from Title Page ONLY
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) The watermark function that I am using under 'Insert' only allows me to insert a watermark or remove a watermark from all pages in my Word document. <br><br>Does anyone know how to remove the watermark from a single page only? A watermark is nothing more than graphic content added to the Header of a document. In order to vary content in Headers/Footers, Section Breaks are required in the document. See Word Help on the use of Section Breaks. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 3/23/10 3...

Need help for creating Help File in Excel
Hi, I have developed a small program in Excel. I want to creat full-fledged help file for this program. Please help me to create th help file. Suni -- sunil3 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sunil31's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1194 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27174 Hi one way: - get the HTML Help Workshop program from Microsoft (free available at Microsoft's site) - create your individual help topics as HTML pages But if this is only a small program mayb...

Change Page Orientation
Hi Folks, I am trying to do a newsletter that has portrait page orientation on all pages but one. I need to put the calendar in Landscape orientation. When I change the orientation, ALL pages change. Is there not a way to have 2 different orientations in the same document? Help!! -- HeidiS Group all the objects you have on the page you want landscaped, rotate 90 degrees. You might have to adjust objects. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "HeidiS" <heidisatwork@hotmail.com.(dontSpamme)> wrote in message news:FA3C1452-A360-4864-B614-082D1C7B9696@microsoft.com... >...

File Sharing Problem with Publisher
Publisher 2000 and Windows XP Hello, I have a peer-to-peer network using Windows XP machines. Any time I create a publisher file, when someone else tries to open it up, they receive a message stating that they cannot open the file due to file sharing violations. If I save the file to their workstation, then they can open it up. I only encounter this in Publisher. Any thoughts? Jeff Jeff Bendert wrote: > Publisher 2000 and Windows XP > > Hello, > > I have a peer-to-peer network using Windows XP machines. > > Any time I create a publisher file, when someone else t...

Consolidating & Labels
When consolidating a bunch of data and checking "Create Links to Sourc Data," everything works fine but it includes a + or minus icon on th left to click on to see all of the values summed (added rows). Now, my question is: Is it possible to have labels on the left of al of these 40 values or so being summed (only seen when consolidated cel is expanded) and have those labels appear directly to the left of thes values from the source files? This would then make it easy to create pivotTable. Thank you -- rhelle -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Publisher 2000 won't give consecutive page numbers...how to fix?
I've tried to print consecutive page numbers following the directions in Publisher. I didn't type a page number into the text box; however, I did change what number to begin using. Each page has the same number. ...

Office 2000 pasting multiple excel pages into Word-
Hi Folks, Per the subject, I have an excel file with 400 plus rows of data, and the page setup is set to repeat four rows at the top of each page when printed. Is there any way to paste the rows into Word so that it retains the "repeat the rows at top of every page" when it breaks across the pages in Word? If there is I have not found a way. Thanks As you say the Excel data is breaking across pages, I assume that you are pasting the cells into word using a simple paste, in which case it is actually being converted to a Word table so that you can use Word's ...