Publishing Auto installing with refresh

I installed Office Beta 2 Refresh.  I originally had not
installed Publisher.  However, after installing the
refresh, Publisher was automatically installed.  Is the
refresh supposed to do this?
0
km (1)

Consider you got yourself a bonus.  At least now you will have the chance to
evaluate a decent program.

You should be ashamed of yourself not installing Publisher originally.

Public Folder auto-response message?
Is there a way to create a mail-enabled Public Folder that has an auto-response like, "Thank you for submitting your request...."? Any help is much appreciated, thx---Kevin Hi, This should help: http://groups.google.dk/group/microsoft.public.exchange.admin/browse_thread/thread/f6e67d9532d47ec/fb62a9a5423ad896?lnk=st&q=exchange+public+folder+autoreply&rnum=5#fb62a9a5423ad896 Leif "Kevin" <kevin@jdgdredd.com> wrote in message news:C16273EE.944%kevin@jdgdredd.com... > Is there a way to create a mail-enabled Public Folder that has an > auto-response l...

E-mail auto deleting
In our office one of the users has a problem with Outlook choosing someone (usually from the corporate address book) and deleting their e-mails automatically. It acts just like she'd set up a rule to delete the e-mail, but I cannot locate anything she has done wrong. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Office on her workstation. It didn't change anything. She's using Outlook XP and we have an Exchange server 5.5. HELP! ...

CRM Outlook Client installed on Citrix Question w/Flex Profiles
We have begun deploying CRM Dynamics 3.0 in our environment. All of our clients launch Outlook through Citrix MetaFrame XPe FR3 servers. The CRM Outlook client installs correctly the first time and everything works correctly. However, the next time Outlook is launched the CRM toolbar icons and the CRM menu items do not respond. We are using flex profiles with ops files capturing the HKCU settings for CRM. Here is a copy of our ini file: # REMOVE unused sections! [Header] Version = 11.0 Product = Microsoft Office 11.0 # ***************************** Registry Sections *********...

MS Publisher #8
I am doing a mail merge onto card stock where I will print 4 postcards on each 8 1/2 X 11 sheet. How can I get the merge to print 4 different addresses, etc. instead of printing the same information on all 4 cards? Did you actually print it and get one address or just look at Print Preview? PP only shows one address - very confusing. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Kay Morgan" <Kay Morgan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9915B5F-F771-4628-BE2B-6FD5A831D7F0@microsoft.com... >I am doing a mail merge onto card stock where I will print 4 ...

how do I restore deleted publisher files
I had a 13 page newsletter that was accidently deleted. Nothing in the recycle bin and I have not emptied it. Can that file be restored? michelle56 wrote: > I had a 13 page newsletter that was accidently deleted. > Nothing in the recycle bin and I have not emptied it. > Can that file be restored? ============================== If it was deleted (not overwritten)...there's a slight possibility that you may be able to recover it with software of the type at the following link: PC Inspector File Recovery http://tinyurl.com/70lc -- *Notice* This is not tec...

CRM1.2/EX2003 email router won't install
When installing the Microsoft CRM-Exchange email router I get an error message as follows: "One or more of the CRM servers you specified is invalid or you do not have administrator priviledges on that server." The servers are valid and I am operating a network administrator with admin rights on each server. Any ideas would be much appreciated. I feel for you on this one. This very same problem held us up for weeks and no one could help. We finally contacted MS CRM support and they had a fix. Apparently there is a little know bug with some installs. Follow the below proced...

Pasting a downloaded Tiff object into a Publisher document
Our church secretary and I have tried this with the same results. After we get the image properly positioned and cropped, we click on the Save button but the document isn't saved and the image disappears. The outline of the image remains but we are unable to get the image to reappear. We're using Office 2003 SP3; is this a bug? -- JohnG JohnG wrote: > Our church secretary and I have tried this with the same results. After we > get the image properly positioned and cropped, we click on the Save button > but the document isn't saved and the image disappears. Th...

Converting a Publisher Newsletter to PDF and sending as an attachment
Hi there, I send out a small newsletter of about 10 x A4 to about 100 recipients each month. It works well as a Word doc attachment with few graphics. I want to raise my game and send it out with more, bigger graphics and have it in blocks like a web page to increase interest. I have tried a couple of different ways including sending it as an html page but it all turned to custard. Because of the wide variety of machines and browsers, it didn't work very well and about a third of the emails where bounced back to me by the providers. I suspect because of size or they were filte...

conversion from word to publisher
my computer crashed. several documents originally writen with pub got recovered but now show up in an unreadable word document. I reloaded publisher, which had disapeared in the crash, and I want to convert those word docs into back to publisher. Howdoidothat? Jojo Well, you could change the extension to .pub if you really think the files are Publisher's. What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jojo" <Jojo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAB856D1-6E2A-4505-9998-E...

Can saved MS publisher documents be password protected and how?
Hello, I'd like to make some confidential Publisher documents password protected - so that only I can open them. Can this be done and if so, how? I can not find any info on this in the online or program help options. Cheers There are several programs that can password protect files and even folders; one I've used is EasyFP. A nice feature with Easy FP is a file can not be deleted from your hard drive without the password; a little extra protection. EasyFP http://www.easyfp.com/ or you can do a google search for file encryption for other programs. -- Don - Publisher 2000...

CRM and Great Plains Basic Installation Instructions for Client
I did a search for installation instructions for CRM and it reported no articles found. Just loading CRM can be a major ordeal with this fix and that fix, and to not have an easy to find detailed instructions is just confounding to me. How about just a basic list on how an installation of CRM and Great Plains on the client system. Thank you. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow t...

install autocorrection #2
Excell keeps asking to install autocorrection from MS office Premium disk which I do not own. How can I stop the program from asking this question every 5 letters I type?! Did you try the Office/Excel cd that you own? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "gruson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:dabf01c43b89$28008ea0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Excell keeps asking to install autocorrection from MS > office Premium disk which I do not own. How can I stop the > program from asking this question every 5 letters I type?! Gruson, You may be able to turn ...

FRx 6.0.95 install error
Hello, Installing an additional FRx client for Great Plains 6.0. I'm installing from the Great Plains CD. After the install finishes, I get an error, "Files failed to self-register. c:\windows\system32\Cscmd32.ocx; c:\windows\system32\Cstext32.ocx;" Attempting to open FRx yields error 339, "Cstext32.ocx not registered." I loaded FRx service pack 7 to no avail. I tried manually registering the offending files but it failed. The workstation is Windows XP, service pack 2. Great Plains runs fine. Any ideas for what I should do next? Trevor, If I am not mis...

Installing/Running Excel 2003 on Vista
HI, I'm 72, retired, and have no need or finances to afford Office 2007 for my new computer computer that uses Vista. I would like to install Excel 2003 from my old XP laptop on my new system to retain my macro ability from my old worksheets. I have the professional version of Office 2003 on the laptop which is being retired. The spreadsheets in Open Office are ok for basic things but wouldn't cut it when it comes to something like copy and paste special-values. My Office 2003 is a bona-fide registered version which was installed by Dell when I purchased the laptop. I do not have any...

Installing CRM 3.0 11-14-06
I'm getting an error that states that "the minimum required version is SQL Server 2000 SP4 (8.0.2026). I have already installed the latest SP4 for SQL server, but i'm still getting the same message. Please let me know if there's anyone that can answer this problem. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks Wrkwmn, You could comment out the SQL check by editing the install script. I would review the error log for CRM installer and also look back to your SP4 install logs to see if there are any installation issues that went unreported. Jeff Loucks 888-474-2237 MVP On ...

how to show web addresses as black in Publisher?
I am typesetting a newsletter in publisher and am including some web addresses within text. The newsletter is to be printed and the printer wants everything on disc to be in b&w. I keep trying to change the web addresses from blue to black but they remain blue. Anyone else have this problem, or is there a simple solution? thanks In Pub 2003 go to Format > Color Schemes > Custom Color Scheme. At that point you may get a dialogue box that offers to change your colors to the closest match...click no. Then under the Custom tab, at the bottom you will see Hyperlink and Followed hyper...

Auto Row Selection of ListView
How do I automatically highlight the first row in a list view on it being built? >How do I automatically highlight the first row in a list view on it being >built? William, Have you tried using something like: list_ctrl.SetItemState( 0, 0, LVIS_SELECTED|LVIS_FOCUSED); Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq Yes but that doesn't work. I want the first row in the list view to be automatically highlighted. "David Lowndes" <davidl@mvps.org> wrote in message news:967tmvsue34sr937h7vkuecd0i171u073m@4ax.com... > >How do I automatically highlight th...

Why can't I suddenly not see embedded or linked pics in Publisher
NONE of my publisher files are displaying the pics in them. Even if I open a new file and add a pic, it doesn't show up. It PRINTS out, but I can't see it on the screen. I've embedded it, linked it, gone to VIEW and tried everything. What is my next option? qwerty <qwerty@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > NONE of my publisher files are displaying the pics in them. Even if > I open a new file and add a pic, it doesn't show up. It PRINTS out, > but I can't see it on the screen. I've embedded it, linked it, gone >...

How do I stop my text box from getting cut off in Publisher?
I have a booklet and on the left page the left margin of the page is either not being adjusted or something else I cannot figure out. I have adjusted the layout guides to the edge of the page and the text box is definitely inside the layout guides. I can't seem to figure it out. Look at the documentation of your printer to see what the margin limitations are. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7CAD1950-205B-4A1D-AA8C-85AEBD87AA14@mic...

override auto budget figures?
Hello. I'm trying to set up a budget in Money 02, but the auto budget keeps insisting my income is more than what it actually is. I have my income set up in Bills & Deposits as a twice monthly deposit (I also tried setting it up as "every two weeks" but got the same error in the budget.) Let's say the deposit is $5000 two times per month. The budget Money is forcing on me insists my monthly income should be $15,000, and therefore it shows that the correct total of $10,000 is $5,000 off. No matter how you cut it, a $5,000 deposit made twice a month totals $10,...

Publisher 2000 & Transparency
Is it possible to set a gradient fill with 1 colour and transparency, rather than 2 colours? I have looked around the program and can't seem to figure out if you can do this or not. Thanks, Sarah :-) ...

Formatting Auto Shapes
I have created something but cannot recreate it and cannot remember what I did differently. Clicked on Rectangle to form a perimeter around a few cells and wanted it to look 3-D, which I have done in the past with the shadow function, specifically shadow style 6. The rectangle I made transparent so that I can see the numbers underneath. Now when I try this, the shadow does not form correctly. Because its transparent I can see through it and see the shadow line behind it instead of it looking like a white box with a grey shadow. Hard to describe but can someone help? Thanks. D...

Change "zoom" size in publisher and set as a default?
I would like to change the default "zoom" setting in publisher. I have not found how to change this. Suggestions? SheilaC <SheilaC@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I would like to change the default "zoom" setting in publisher. I > have not found how to change this. Suggestions? Default Zoom add-in is available at http://www.publishermvps.com/Programming/AddIns/tabid/43/Default.aspx -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher What version Publisher? An Add-in here, scroll down... Default Zoom Add-in v1.0 (for Publisher 2...

Auto Archive #3
Any tips on retrieving emails that have been auto archived by mistake? Can I put them back into outlook automatically? Open the mail archive and drag the messages back to your active .pst file. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Silver <adrian@grainger.vg> asked: | Any tips on retrieving emails that have been auto archived | by mistake? Can I put them back into outlook | automatically? ...

auto Selecting or Clicking a field
How to I set VB to automatically selecting a field (in the same way as manually clicking on a listbox)? I have a form with [fo_num] combo box field. After making a selection from this field, the list box [fo_mgr] is updated. I have no problems in my form. The proble is, it does not update the [fo_mgr] field in my table. It only saves the data onto the table whenever I click on the [fo_mgr] manager list box. I would like to be able to code this in VB so the user doesn't need to click on the [fo_mgr] to update the table with the new info. (I posted a similar question in public.access b...