Publisher/Word auto saving to C Drive

I teach in a computer Lab and when students are editing text using Publisher,
it takes them to Word andafter editing they close Word, I get a "Permission
Error . . C drive."  When I do it on my computer (has some admin. privileges)
it works.

How and where does one change where Word 'appears' to automatically save?
AND/OR
Can this be changed without giving all students Administrative Privileges?
Thanks.

Execute C++ from Excel
HI all, can anyone tell me how to execute a simple C++ code from an excel spreadsheet? For example take a C++ program that adds two integers, how does one execute it from an excel spreadsheet? Thanks in advance -- serine ------------------------------------------------------------------------ serine's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27884 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=473888 ...

Compatible publishing program with Word
I currently edit/write the AUSA newsletter for the local chapter here at Ft. Gordon, GA. My problem is in trying to email the newsletter to the various board members. I use Publisher 97 but am looking for another program that will allow Word users to open the email. Have you thought of using Word? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA Word MVP FAQ site: http://www.mvps.org/word Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "sharondschroeder@comcast.net" <anonymous@discussions.micros...

Auto Archive Group Policy Needed!
We are running Windows 2003 DC's, Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. I am also using the "Group Policy Management Console". Can someone tell me if there is a way that I can push "Auto Archive" settings out to my Outlook users via a Group Policy? TIA, Clayton Not sure about a group policy but have you looked at the Office Resource Kit for a possible solution? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratc...

auto generate emails from data stored in excel spreadsheet
Hi, Is there a way in excel to automatically generate an email which is stored in a worksheet either using excel macros or in conjuction with outlook. thanks in advance. Mark K Look here http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm Maybe this one http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#message -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "MarkK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:169b901c447f2$268f26b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > Is there a way in excel to automatically generate an > email which is stored in a worksheet either us...

Publisher can't open a file it just created
Working with Publisher 2003 we just reinstalled it on a computer because it started have problems opening publisher 2003 files. If I create a new file in publisher then save it, when I try to open it again it tells me that it can not open this file. Has anyone else run into this? It happened on another computer once before and we formated and reinstalled windows. I'd like to not have to re install windows if I can help it. Chris Are you saving the file to the hard drive? Do you have Norton? If so disable "script blocking" and in Norton's options disable "Of...

Copy an email to a saved folder
I get some emails and want to save them immediatly to the "saved" while still having a copy in the " inbox" to respond to but there is no "copy to folder" button in the drop down list, such as there is in Outlook express. Can I get one in there somehow. If I save it to a word file I then cannot respond to it. On Tue, 17 May 2005 11:57:18 -0700, miltdp <miltdp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get some emails and want to save them immediatly to the "saved" while still >having a copy in the " inbox" to respond to but there is...

A way to link master pages from a master file in publisher?
Is there a way to create a master file (i.e. a template) and link it to several publisher files? That way if the border etc... changes inthe master file, it is updated in all the other linked files. I have figured out master pages, but the files get way to big if I want to contain my entire portfolio on one file. ...

save as html
when i save a file as html it can not be filled in is there a way to save it as html and also be able to fill it in? ...

Toobar configs won't save
I keep deleting the Anti-Spam and Business history toolbars, but they keep coming back after closing Outlook2003. ...

5pt space between paragraphs when copied from Word to Publisher
When I copy several paragraphs from a word document and paste it in Publisher I always get 5pts added before and after each paragraph. Is there anyway to change this so I don't have to delete the space each time? I have Office version 2003 and Windows XP. Paste special as unformatted text... or Select all, Format, Paragraph, change the before and after. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "BoKay" <BoKay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EB4C534-F64D-409D-AC89-37367675C71D@microsoft.com... > When I copy several paragraphs from a wo...

Lost file
My daughter turned off my computer before I could name/save a file in Excel. Will a temp version of it exist anywhere? Thanks! ...

Auto format causes very large .xls files and slows my application.
I don't know how many rows of data will be entered at runtime. Presently I guess the maximum and apply auto format conditions to all rows that "could" be used. But this is creating very large .xls files (35MB) and is very inefficient since every cell format is reassessed every time the workbook is modified (can't switch off auto calc since users will forget to calc ! it's ok for me but not them.). Without using VBA, is there a way to apply auto format to rows containing data ? Select the range, then use Format - Autoformat. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthis...

No longer able to view pictures in Publisher Document
I am creating a document with many inserted photos. Everything was fine until I opened it today. All the photo areas are blank (the frame is there, but no photo). I checked the View menu and Pictures, but everything was set correctly. Why did this suddenly happen? What else can I try so the photos can be viewed (and most importantly, printed)? TN I checked further down in the "problem list" and found Ed Bennett's solution to move the hardware acceleration down 3 notches for my video driver. That Worked. I can see the photos OK in my other publisher documents with ful...

Save As Disappeared
I can no longer access the Save As option for any of my spreadsheets. Any ideas? Hi Steve You can reset your menubar to default Right click on the menubar and choose customize Under Toolbars select the worksheet menubar and click on reset on the right You lost all the things you changed to the menubar -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:025201c3b9dc$8dd62070$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I can no longer access the Save As option for any of my > spreadsheets. Any...

Saving attached files in Outlook
What is OLK8 and what is it supposed to do? Outlook wants to save attached files to a folder called OLK8. When I want to go find the files I can't find the folder OLK8 even thought the save path indicated that it was in "local settings". It doesn't appear to be a hidden file. Why is OLK8 so hard to find when it is the default Outlook save location? The MS KB is (per usual) no help. It is a temporary file for storing attachments. If you are using Windows 2000 or XP, try turning on hidden and system folders and then go look again. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outl...

Cannot copy table from Excel 2007 to Word 2007 w invisible grid li
How do I copy a table from Excel 2007 to Word 2007 with invisible grid lines? In previous version of Word, it was possible to do so by clicking on "insert special" and choose one of the categories (I have forgotten which). With Word 2007, the grid lines become visible no matter which option I choose under "insert special". Is it possible for you to help me? Thanks! To hide the gridlines, click the View Gridlines button (to deselect the option) on the Table Tools Layout tab. This setting will be preserved between Word sessions. If you are in fact referr...

Auto case creation
Hi, Does CRM 3.0 come with the funtionality to automatically track emails and create a case id without the need to manually click on the Track in CRM button in outlook? many thanks Alan 1. Yes there is a way to auto track emails in 3.0. You can have all email automatically tracked or depending on email containing a microsoft crm token Microsoft CRM Menu >> Option > General > [Select the e0mail messages to track in Microsoft CRM] 2. There is no "out of box" support to auto create a case from an incoming email. Take a look at c360 solutions on email to case. ...

making textbox to be auto sizable
I added a Textbox to a Word 2007 document by going to the Developer option(in the File menu), then chose Design Mode, then Legacy Tools->Text box Field. The MultiLine and Enterkey properties are set to True and the rest are default. The textbox is of size so that it can take some 10 rows of lines. Is there a feature I can choose/set so that when more than 10 rows of lines are entered the text box will automatically expand? The rows need to increase so the textbox needs to expand downwards to accommodate the text more than 10 lines. Can someone please advise if there is a w...

Publisher Booklet
I want to pdf a publisher file which is a AF booklet (A4 folded) and has bleed pages. When I pdf a dps, I want to show the entire A4 page landscape without the gutter - i.e. as you would see it if you opened the book. Can anyone help me? At the moment I get the dps but see the gutter. I am using Adobe 5 professional. This might be a question for the adobe newsgroup? In Publisher, did you set the Arrange Inside to zero? -- Don Vancouver, USA "ChrisB" <chis@wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23w1Ox0pyFHA.2880@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I want to pdf a publis...

Outlook slow saving attachments to nt 4.0 server
After upgrading to Windows XP Professional, Outlook 2000 is extremely slow in saving attachments to a Windows nt 4.0 server with Service Pack 6.0a. All service packs and updates were installed in both Outlook and Windows XP. Any suggestions?? Ben Horwich ...

How can I convert a Publisher 97 file to Publisher 2000 so I can o
I need to open a Publisher 97 file from a disk with my Publisher 2000 Deluxe edition. Pub 2000 says it can't open previous versions. Any ideas? Disable your anti-virus software and try again. If you have Norton, disable "script blocking" and in Norton options, misc. clear "Office Plug-in." -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Picbro Okajun" <Picbro Okajun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E19BDCCA-4245-468C-A3F8-37C63FB5AA0F@microsoft.com... >I need to open a Pu...

change a word file back to a pdf file
i changed a pdf file in to a word file how can i change it back to a pdf file in microsoft outlook. Also i could not read the file in word Please Help You post Word, PDF question in Outlook group? "Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A6AFC3C-2780-4182-BAFC-C07D3D9A7FF3@microsoft.com... >i changed a pdf file in to a word file how can i change it back to a pdf >file > in microsoft outlook. > > Also i could not read the file in word > Please Help Did you change it by simply renaming the file extension? -- Kathleen Orland - MVP...

Re-Installing Microsoft Word
I need to re-install microsoft word where can I go to get the download -- keepitmovn keepitmovn wrote: > I need to re-install microsoft word where can I go to get the download There is no download other than the trial version of Office 2007 (http://us20.trymicrosoftoffice.com/product.aspx?sku=3203819&culture=en-US) or the beta of Office 2010 (http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/default.aspx), both of which will eventually expire. When you first got Office, was it bundled with a new computer? If so, you should have gotten a CD for reinstalling; if you never got ...

publisher/word templates
I use Publisher to create a Newsletter. As my responsibility and coverage area increases, I have to get the Newsletter to more sites. Most people do not have Publisher on their PCs. Is there a location on Microsofts website that has the same templetes for Publisher, but in Word format. kl wrote: > I use Publisher to create a Newsletter. As my > responsibility and coverage area increases, I have to get > the Newsletter to more sites. Most people do not have > Publisher on their PCs. Is there a location on Microsofts > website that has the same templetes for Publishe...

Make a bookmarker in Publisher?
My old Publisher program had a template for a bookmarker. The new one doesn't. Has anyone tackled this problem? If so, how? Draw a long skinny rectangle and fill it with an imaginative design? Shouldn't think you'd need a template for this one. "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA6DE655-DFD4-49FD-BBB1-37AD892A8D6B@microsoft.com... | My old Publisher program had a template for a bookmarker. The new one | doesn't. Has anyone tackled this problem? If so, how? ...