Publisher will not recognize new printer

I just replaced my Brother MFC model 7150 with a new Brother MFC model 210C.
The printer will function with all the features of Office 2003 except
Publisher. Every time I select print or print preview, I receive a message
that a printer has not been installed on the system. I asks that I install a
printer for Publisher use. My old Brother worked fine with the Publisher
program. What can I do to make Publisher recognize the new printer??
0
Dye (1)

Did you completely remove all traces of your old printer?
How to clean up printer drivers

When you open your publication, do a print setup first, Publisher does save printer
information with each publication.
Might disable your printer as default before opening Publisher.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Stewart Dye" <Stewart Dye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just replaced my Brother MFC model 7150 with a new Brother MFC model 210C.
> The printer will function with all the features of Office 2003 except
> Publisher. Every time I select print or print preview, I receive a message
> that a printer has not been installed on the system. I asks that I install a
> printer for Publisher use. My old Brother worked fine with the Publisher
> program. What can I do to make Publisher recognize the new printer??

0
gsauer (5093)
6/12/2005 8:57:00 AM
Brother has a driver for your printer with a timestamp May 1, 2005, maybe newer than
what shipped with your printer. There is also a firmware update.
http://global.solutions.brother.com/mfc210c_all/en_us/download/

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> Did you completely remove all traces of your old printer?
> How to clean up printer drivers
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
>
> When you open your publication, do a print setup first, Publisher does save printer
> information with each publication.
> Might disable your printer as default before opening Publisher.
>

> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Stewart Dye" <Stewart Dye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I just replaced my Brother MFC model 7150 with a new Brother MFC model 210C.
>> The printer will function with all the features of Office 2003 except
>> Publisher. Every time I select print or print preview, I receive a message
>> that a printer has not been installed on the system. I asks that I install a
>> printer for Publisher use. My old Brother worked fine with the Publisher
>> program. What can I do to make Publisher recognize the new printer??

0
gsauer (5093)

Email from Publisher
This is my first attempt to email from within Publisher 2003. I have run into 2 problems I don't understand. I'm sending with the Publisher page imbedded in the message area (not as an attachment). The first test I ran I set my Outlook Options to display as plain text so that I could check to make sure a "if you have trouble reading this click HERE" text box in the document would get displayed (for those with HTML turned off). I get some of the text boxes but not all (including the one above). Why? Second, I have two versions of the Publisher page. The one that I...

what do i type in the pop3 box with a new account
what do i type in the pop3 box with a new account in msoft outlook wayne wrote: > what do i type in the pop3 box with a new account in msoft outlook Depends who your ISP is. Ask them. ...

Unable to read notes in Presenter View
I am using PowePoint 2003 and I have a similiar problem to one posted by Roman Valoria in 2008. Some speaker notes do not appear when I use Presenter View. It is not true for all note pages, just some. Whenever the notes do not appear, the slide number appears in the upper left had corner of the notes area in Presenter View. I tried doing what Roman had suggested, but when I go to Note View, I just see the notes. The page number does not appear. Has anyone else dealt with this before? If the notes don't show up when you view the Notes Page, try the following: 1. Clic...

Changing publisher doc to a doc a friend can open?
A friend does not have publisher so cannot open the programme I have written. How can I change it for her to open without Publisher? On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 12:51:09 -0800, "MIck BRasil" <MIck BRasil@discussions.microsoft.com>, in message ID <AC19C64E-9A01-4827-A881-0C3D53F91C9B@microsoft.com>, in the newsgroup microsoft.public.publisher wrote: >A friend does not have publisher so cannot open the programme I have written. >How can I change it for her to open without Publisher? This is a frequently asked question. Download and install primopdf from www.primopdf.com...

New Error in Excel 97
Hi, I have recently started receiving an error and some files will not work properly in Excel 97. The message says "Data May be Lost". I think it started with the installation of Windows Internet Explorer 7. I uninstalled IE7 and the message went away again, which is fine for me. However other work colleagues of mine don't have this option. Is there a way to successfully run both these programs? Thanks, Robyn. For what it's worth I am running XL97 and Windows Internet Explorer in an XP Samsung laptop with no problems whether IE is runnin gor not. -- HTH Sandy In Perth, ...

Building a new Exchange 2003 server
Hi I am currently in the planning stage of adding a second Exchange Server 2003 to my domain. I currently have 1 x Exchange 2003 server, 2 x DC Win Server 2000. What we need to do is to build a new server with Win 2003 install Exchange 2003, make this the primary Exchange server, then the original server will become the back up Exchange server which I intend to keep synchronised using EMC replistor produce. Can someone please advise on best practices, any gotchas and any reccommended reading before we undertake this project. As an aside we are also planning to upgrade the domain controllers ...

Publisher 2002 on Win 98
We're having problems with some machines running Win 98. The problems start occurring after we installed Publisher 2002 on these machines. All of the PCs constantly freeze up or just run extremely slow. These machines also have Office 2000 running on them. Anyone know what could be the problem? Thanks. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from fdifazio@drvc.org <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > We're having problems with some machines running Win 98. > The problems start occurring after we installed Publisher > 2002 o...

can I set outlook to send a message received as "new" message ?
can I send a received e-mail as a "new" message Netscape allows send as new Don Hocutt, you wrote on Thu, 22 Sep 2005 15:47:01 -0700: > can I send a received e-mail as a "new" message No. > Netscape allows send as new Use Netscape... ;-) -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Some misspellings, grammatical or linguistical mistakes found? All corrections would be appreciated! This is very simplistic. Sorry. The only way I know to pull this off is to open the email, copy its contents, paste it into a new message, and send new message. I do this on occasion when ...

Calendar publishing
I need help. We have a small business set up, 3 computers are networked. We route our schedules on outlook calendar on one computer. I want to do whatever I need to make it where all 3 computers can get that calendar and it stays up dated so we can all have the schedule. How do I do this? You need to ask this in an Outlook group news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Codi" <codi@asimseptic.com> wrote in message news:EBD173CD-7BD1-4174-AFF2-1E04B14B1BB9@microsoft.com... >I need help. We have a small business set up,...

sometimes the sum function will dissappear
i'm using excel 2002. do you know that tool down at the bottom that will add the numbers in all the cells that you select? quite often it will stop working. does anyone know how to get it working again. also could you please tell me how i look up the threads that i've started? it's obvious. i've tried looking in the user control panel and i don't see it anywhere. Click on your name and then recent posts in the window that opens. -- Russell Dawson Excel Student "kyle" wrote: > i'm using excel 2002. do you know that tool down at...

graph lines will are not visible, just the points
I can see the markers of my graph, but the line joining those markers are not visible On Mon, 30 Jul 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, ben <ben@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I can see the markers of my graph, but the line joining those markers are not >visible Press F1 and search for a Help item called something like "Change colors, patterns, lines, fills, and borders in charts" -- Del Cotter NB Personal replies to this post will send email to del@branta.demon.co.uk, which goes to a spam folder-- please send your email to del3 instead. Are there ga...

CRM 1.2 Database on a server, and CRM 3.0 installed on a new server... how to move content?
Hi, does it possible to move the content from a CRM1.2 database to a new CRM 3.0 installation? I can move the accounts and some information using CSV files, but not the activities. what can I do? thanks. Jerome. ideally you would upgrade the original system to crm 3.0 as well then use a tool like scribe migrate to move data between the two systems ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Jeje" <willgart@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23NveHq1iGHA.4344@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > does it p...

mail merge will not accept zip codes that start with a zero "label
my mail merge will not accept zip codes that start with a zero or end with a dash and four more numbers how do i format either excell or word so that i can print out my labels with the proper zip codes Debra Dalgleish posted this: There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx And if you prefer the old Mail Merge helper, Word MVP Suzanne Barnhill has instructions here: http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/CustomizingWord2002.htm about half w...

How to make footers display over objects in publisher #2
Hey There, I am having troubles with getting footers to display over an object in publisher. Is this possible to do? Any help I would really appreciate. Thanks Page numbers are normally on the Master Page (Background on older versions). Might try putting the object on the Master Page behind the page number. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Elanor" <Elanor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E24C5448-B213-4555-B415-7247D25B5BDF@microsoft.com... > Hey There, > > I am having tr...

new office 2003 outlook
My email account is set up exactly like the old office, old earthlink set-ups, old folders, etc., yet i cannot Send/Receive in the new Outlook 2003. Any ideas? SOunds exactly like my problem with OL2003 as posted today: URGENT: OL2003: can receive e-mail ONLY ONCE (?!?) Except that I can't get ANY account to work. btw it's all POP3 with me, and I can receive them exactly on the first start of OL2003 after creaton of the profile and the accounts settings, and no more after OL2003 has been closed and re-opened. Philotech "Sandy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com...

New task email notification
We are mostly using CRM for customer cases. I need to create an e-mail template to send (ad hoc) to a user when a new task is created for them from inside a case. I want to include fields from the task and the case. I can obviously create one with details from the case, but it is possible to include task fields and to "send to task owner" on demand? ...

The recipient name not recognized, exchange 5.5
Hi All of a sudden the Exchange 5.5 server refuses to send some mail. The message we receive is: The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=NL;a=;p=<DOMAIN>;l=<SERVERNAME>-031216084225Z-18 And that's it. Not all mail is rejected though. When I reroute the mail through a remote mailserver then the mail to domains hosted on that server are accepted and sent. Mail to other domains is not sent. I can't reach hotmail.com If I use DNS to send the mail I can not really check, some mail has been sent but mail to a hotmail account has not. I ...

Starting Adobe Acrobat Reader Publisher install begins
When Adobe Acrobat Reader is requested either by me or a web program, Publisher install program begins. It is always helpful to know the version of Publisher you are using. OFF2000: Windows Installer Appears Every Time a Program Is Started http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;265194 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "AZGardening" <AZGardening@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A03897E9-D215-44B9-8EC9-D85A3B28CC19@microsoft.com... > When Adobe Acrobat Reader is requested...

MS Publisher 2007 Exports
I'm noticing some really bad quality when I "Save as Picture" to GIF. If I print the document directly from the app. it looks great. Has anyone else witnessed this? mark@alliedtechnical.net wrote: > I'm noticing some really bad quality when I "Save as Picture" to GIF. > If I print the document directly from the app. it looks great. Has > anyone else witnessed this? a) Are you using many colours in your publication (or any photos)? b) What resolution do you have selected when you save? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Outlook 2003 HTML reverts to Times New Roman
This was probably asked and answered but haven't found anything exactly like my problem so here goes. Mail format set to HTML do not use Word as editior Message composed using Arial 12 point. Select Message convert to plain text Select Message convert to HTML and defaults to TNR Have checked every setting in Word and Outlook and modified every possible setting to use any font other than TNR. Is this fixable? -- MichaelIRS http://forums.slipstick.com ...

Outlook 2002 not recieving new Exchange mail until I click on program.
Hello! Outlook 2002 v10.6515.6626 SP 3 on Windows XP Pro SP1. I can sit with no programs running except for Outlook and watch the screen do nothing. If I click somplace on Outlook, such as a folder or any message EXCEPT the one in the preview pane, Outlook will suddently recieve all the email that I have been sent since the last time I clicked on the program. This could be five minutes or 30 minutes... I do not recieve any mail until I actually click on Outlook. I'm connecting to an Exchange server on our LAN and I'm always connected. Can someone suggest why this may be happening? I...

Need Product ID to install office 2000 publisher.
Recently purchased new computer. The microsoft software did not contain publisher. I want to install my publisher 2000 software and then update to 2003 however I lost the case with the 25 digit product ID code. The paper certificate of Authenticity product code is only 20 digits and will not install. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. If I am not mistaken, the 20 digit # was for OEMs. If that copy of Publisher came with the old computer, you cannot transfer it to the new. You must buy a retail version to do that. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "PALady&q...

Printing Labels using Publisher
How do I print a single label vs. a sheet of labels in Publisher? Seriously, it's easier to do that in Word. I've been known to design it in Publisher and then copy and paste it into Word so that I can continue using a partial sheet of labels. (It always needs a little tweaking in Word but not too much.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "LS" <LS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3255D946-835A-4DF0-9448-EFEE7715722B@microsoft.com... > How do I print a single label ...

Is there a version of Publisher for the Mac?
Is there any version or any Microsoft Office Suite for the MacIntosh that includes Publisher? No. You can try something like Virtual PC. (No clue if it would work tho) http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/Office2008/shop-now.mspx -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "ancientseeker" <ancientseeker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97DD8638-D971-4470-856C-B4DD5D2E353C@microsoft.com... > Is there any version or any Microsoft Office Suite for the MacIntosh that > includes Publish...

Display Order in Contacts and new email TO: are different
Hi, When I send a new email I click on TO: to get an address from my contacts for some users it displays surname and then first name for all others it shows the correct order ie first name then last name if I go to contatcts all field for both users are the same ( ie file as , display as etc ). Any Ideas ? When we click on TO: where and how does it get the address from ? Regards Do not multipost. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <paghman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1172621334.044042.167710@z35g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > When I send a new email I click...