Publisher Trial

Anyone know where i can find a copy of publisher 2000 trial?

Jerry

0
Jerry

Not any longer. You're a couple of years too late for that. Is there a
reason you want Pub 2000 rather than a newer version?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jerry" <noemail> wrote in message
> Anyone know where i can find a copy of publisher 2000 trial?
>

> Jerry

Not any longer. You're a couple of years too late for that. Is there a
reason you want Pub 2000 rather than a newer version?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jerry" <noemail> wrote in message
> Anyone know where i can find a copy of publisher 2000 trial?
>

> Jerry

0
jl_amerson (3088)
5/25/2004 1:03:23 AM
Jerry wrote:
> Anyone know where i can find a copy of publisher 2000 trial?
>

> Jerry

Nowhere. Why on *earth* do you want a trial of a long-discontinued version?!

0
cerridwen (233)
5/25/2004 1:03:34 AM
Because it's the only thing that works on a Windows 98 machine. And
Microsoft doesnt make a viewer for publisher files.

Jerry

"Cerridwen" <cerridwen@celticnet.com> wrote in message
> Jerry wrote:
>> Anyone know where i can find a copy of publisher 2000 trial?
>>

>> Jerry
>
> Nowhere. Why on *earth* do you want a trial of a long-discontinued
> version?!

0
Jerry
5/25/2004 1:11:13 AM
In news:%235MMvUfQEHA.620@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Jerry <noemail> posted:
> Because it's the only thing that works on a Windows 98 machine. And
> Microsoft doesnt make a viewer for publisher files.

Publisher 2002 works on a Windows 98 machine, FWIW. However, that trial too
is no longer available. Not sure if you can find a Pub 2000/2002 trial via
www.google.com or not.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
publisher (1244)
5/25/2004 1:53:30 AM
Can you contact the person who created that file and ask them to send you
another format, preferable a .pdf?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jerry" <noemail> wrote in message
> Because it's the only thing that works on a Windows 98 machine. And
> Microsoft doesnt make a viewer for publisher files.
>

> Jerry
>
> "Cerridwen" <cerridwen@celticnet.com> wrote in message
> > Jerry wrote:
> >> Anyone know where i can find a copy of publisher 2000 trial?
> >>

> >> Jerry
> >
> > Nowhere. Why on *earth* do you want a trial of a long-discontinued
> > version?!

---

jl_amerson (3088)
5/25/2004 2:02:10 AM
Cerridwen wrote:
> Jerry wrote:
>
>>Anyone know where i can find a copy of publisher 2000 trial?
>>

>>Jerry
>

> Nowhere. Why on *earth* do you want a trial of a long-discontinued version?!

Ever the cynic, I thought Jer musta just found a hack code for Pub2000
and was now looking for the program to match ;)

my bad :)

0
dtp2webSPAM (302)
5/25/2004 2:05:14 AM
I never though of that. I did imagine him finding the 2000 trial versin
somewhere - only to learn is file is a 2003 file.
(Ever the target of Murphy's Law)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Steve in NC" <dtp2webSPAM@netscape.net> wrote in message
> Cerridwen wrote:
> > Jerry wrote:
> >
> >>Anyone know where i can find a copy of publisher 2000 trial?
> >>

> >>Jerry
> >

> > Nowhere. Why on *earth* do you want a trial of a long-discontinued
version?!

> Ever the cynic, I thought Jer musta just found a hack code for Pub2000
> and was now looking for the program to match ;)
>
> my bad :)

---

jl_amerson (3088)
5/25/2004 2:14:04 AM
Jerry wrote:
> Because it's the only thing that works on a Windows 98 machine. And
> Microsoft doesnt make a viewer for publisher files.
>

> Jerry

I've no idea where you got that idea from - Publisher 2002 runs flawlessly
under 98 - though it is the last version to support it.

0
cerridwen (233)
5/25/2004 10:28:22 AM
LOL, no I didnt just find the hack for it :-) actually I have about 2000
docs that are in pub format and I want my users to be able to view them,
they are using windows 98 machines and we cant afford to buy that many
copies. So in turn I wanted to find either a 2000 or 2002 version of
publisher trial because after the trial period ends you can still view the
file but just cant edit it. Unless anyone knows of a free pub viewer.

Jerry

"JL Paules" <JL_Amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I never though of that. I did imagine him finding the 2000 trial versin
> somewhere - only to learn is file is a 2003 file.
> (Ever the target of Murphy's Law)
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Steve in NC" <dtp2webSPAM@netscape.net> wrote in message
>> Cerridwen wrote:

>> > Nowhere. Why on *earth* do you want a trial of a long-discontinued
> version?!
>> >

>> Ever the cynic, I thought Jer musta just found a hack code for Pub2000
>> and was now looking for the program to match ;)
>>
>> my bad :)
>>

> ---

Jerry
5/25/2004 9:13:16 PM
Then what you REALLY need is to create .pdfs from those files. Who cares
about what software your end target user has installed - almost everyone and
their mom has Acrobat Reader on their computer. Yes, I know - you said you
have about 2000 files but nobody ever said life was gonna be easy, did they?

--

> LOL, no I didnt just find the hack for it :-) actually I have about 2000
> docs that are in pub format and I want my users to be able to view them,
> they are using windows 98 machines and we cant afford to buy that many
> copies. So in turn I wanted to find either a 2000 or 2002 version of
> publisher trial because after the trial period ends you can still view the
> file but just cant edit it. Unless anyone knows of a free pub viewer.
>

> Jerry
>

> "JL Paules" <JL_Amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I never though of that. I did imagine him finding the 2000 trial versin
> > somewhere - only to learn is file is a 2003 file.
> > (Ever the target of Murphy's Law)
> >
> > --
> > JoAnn Paules
> > MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >

> > "Steve in NC" <dtp2webSPAM@netscape.net> wrote in message

> > version?!
> >> >

> >> Ever the cynic, I thought Jer musta just found a hack code for Pub2000
> >> and was now looking for the program to match ;)
> >>
> >> my bad :)
> >>

> > ---

---

jl_amerson (3088)
5/26/2004 2:27:55 AM
So true, Thanks everyone for your help.

> Then what you REALLY need is to create .pdfs from those files. Who cares
> about what software your end target user has installed - almost everyone
> and
> their mom has Acrobat Reader on their computer. Yes, I know - you said you
> have about 2000 files but nobody ever said life was gonna be easy, did
> they?
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Jerry" <noemail> wrote in message
>> LOL, no I didnt just find the hack for it :-) actually I have about 2000
>> docs that are in pub format and I want my users to be able to view them,
>> they are using windows 98 machines and we cant afford to buy that many
>> copies. So in turn I wanted to find either a 2000 or 2002 version of
>> publisher trial because after the trial period ends you can still view
>> the
>> file but just cant edit it. Unless anyone knows of a free pub viewer.
>>

>> Jerry
>>

>> "JL Paules" <JL_Amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> >I never though of that. I did imagine him finding the 2000 trial versin
>> > somewhere - only to learn is file is a 2003 file.
>> > (Ever the target of Murphy's Law)
>> >
>> > --
>> > JoAnn Paules
>> > MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>> >

>> > "Steve in NC" <dtp2webSPAM@netscape.net> wrote in message

>> > version?!

>> > ---
>> >

> ---

Jerry

business cards in publisher
I am trying to make business cards in Publisher 2000 using Avery 8371. First of all, there is no option for that template, and secondly I cannot find anopther one that works. The cards are too high or too low when they print, and they do not cover the whole card. I have been working with this for days and cannot seem to amke any progress. Does ANYBODY have any helpful suggestions? I have tried following instruction included in Avery, but it makes no difference. Go to http://www.avery.com and download free software that prints to Avery blanks really quite well.. -- Mike Hall MV...

Problems sending publisher page as email to Lotus Notes Client ha.
I am trying to send a one page publisher file as the body of an email note. It works fine for all e-mail clients I have tried except when sent to the "Lotus Notes" Client. I have tried the "send as one jpeg" but that does not help. Lotus Notes just sees a small square box with a red "x" in it... Has anyone else seen this problem and maybe have a solution? Thanks. Dave B wrote: || I am trying to send a one page publisher file as the body of an || email note. || || It works fine for all e-mail clients I have tried except when sent || to the "Lotus Notes...

Publisher will not uninstall
I purchased and installed publisher 2002 last year. However, it got messed up when I installed my new printer software from Canon. I therefore attempted to uninstall the Publisher. At this point, the attempt starts the installer and prompts to insert the publisher 2002 disk.Unfortunately I have misplaced this CD. What can I do? I dont want to buy another Publisher 2002. It appears you have four options: Leave things as is. Replace the CD. Upgrade to Publisher 2003 (this will require either Windows 2000 or XP) Reformat the hard drive. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the gre...

MS Office 2007 trial
I downloaded a MS Office 2007 trial, but it says that it expired in 2002. I may need to buy MS Excel for one spreadsheet, so the trial was an ideal way to test that theory. However, it refuses to run because it thinks that it expired on 31st Dec 2002 (five years earlier than the 2007 date of the software!) I've put the screenshots at http://steve-parker.org/urandom/comment.php?title=Microsoft+Office+2007+trial+-+expires+2002&art=844 "steveparker" <steveparker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C9E4C54-4DDB-410B-8B19-58333575EB9D@micr...

loaded ms office for 60 day trial but cant find and or open
cant find icon or program on desktop or anywhere else - can anyone help After you downloaded Office ,did you take that file and then install it? Did you take note as to where it installled the files -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "netzach" <netzach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F163923-0A12-4E59-A948-A2FC99E1AF1B@microsoft.com... > cant find icon or program on desktop or anywhere else - can anyone help ...

insert one publisher document into another
How do I insert one two-page document into a separate, 4 page document in Publisher? I tried copy and paste, but it didn't save it. I can't find anything on the "insert" menu where it should logically be and there is no import function I can find. In the file you want to add to create the pages needed by first doing an Insert, Page. Then do a copy/paste from the other file into the newly created pages. Both files need to be opened at the same time. Rung Publisher; open file one. Then do a second run of Publisher and open the second file. Now do the copy/paste. --...

Publishing locked sheets
I am trying to publish an Excel sheet with locked cells as a web page. Unfortunately, Excel 2002 will not allow this, and insists that I turn off the cell locking before it will convert to html. Is there any way around this, as it is important that some of the cells cannot be edited. If anybody has any advice, I would very much appreciate your help. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Windows Publisher 2002
I keep getting a pop-up that says "please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Publisher 2002" then it tells me that the program is on a cd ROM that it wants me to insert. This usually happens when Word is trying to be used or, in this instance, I am trying to start up a registry optimizer program. I have a a Dell XPS 600 that I have had since 2006. I don't understand why this keeps coming up. This KB article may help Shared software components are removed when you uninstall Office 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/280567/en-us -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/...

Retrieve Publisher Newsletter
Help!! I accidently deleted my newsletter I designed in Publisher - is there anyway to retrieve it. Did you look in the Recycle Bin? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "gloria81101" <gloria81101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E206CA7F-5336-4349-888B-4548240A8740@microsoft.com... > Help!! I accidently deleted my newsletter I designed in Publisher - is > there > anyway to retrieve it. ...

Problem with publishing changes (Deployment Manager)
Hi, I've a problem with publishing changes using Deployment Manager.For a short time I have problem with chosing an IIS web serwer on crm. I go through Object publisher in Deployment Manager->All tasks-> Publish, sign objects and when the window with Publish to web serwer appears, i click add and nothing is doing - none serwer. What should I do? Befeore everyting was ok, J didn't have any problem ...

How do I get Publisher to accept foreign fonts
Using MSPublisher 2003 I find that I canno get publisher to accept a change in font particularly to Davka fonts Can someone advise Please Are your fonts installed in the Windows/Fonts directory? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "meirl" <meirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E4FB692-B083-45D5-9B40-00CD4E1E35BA@microsoft.com... > Using MSPublisher 2003 I find that I canno get publisher to accept a > change > in font particularly to Davka fonts Can someone advise Please > "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote: > Are y...

Adobe Acrobat PDF buttons are missing from Publisher
The Acrobat PDF conversion buttons have gone missing from my Publisher 2003 program. They are still available in Word, and other software. How can I restore the buttons in Publisher? The Acrobat is Professional, V. 7.0.09-- current. The only way at present to convert docs is to go to the distiller, and reverse-engineer them. ShastAA wrote: > The Acrobat PDF conversion buttons have gone missing from my Publisher 2003 > program. They are still available in Word, and other software. How can I > restore the buttons in Publisher? Try Help > About and look for Disabled I...

how can i send a document from microsoft publisher as an email
how can i send a document from microsoft publisher as an email My vote would be send it as an attached pdf file. The recipient then could click on it, view it, print it, and save it, The drawbacks to embedding the pub file into an email are width limitations, number of pages limitation (1 page) and when saving it carries the To an From etc in the file. One method I've used (before pdf method) was to create the pub file, make it an image and inserting the image into the email. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Glenn" <Glenn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Can I convert a Publisher 2003 file so that it can be read in Fro.
I have created a website in Publisher 2003 and want to send it to someone who will finish it in Front Page. Is there a way to do this? Not easily. Pub 2003 adds a lot of extra code to it. The FP user will *not* be a happy camper. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Suzanne" <Suzanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:655C04ED-2E7B-498A-8774-5A9C52238A40@microsoft.com... >I have created a website in Publisher 2003 and want to send it to someone >who > will finish it in Front Page. Is there a way to do this? >-----Original Message--...

How do I print one side only of a Publisher Mail Merge?
I'm doing a Postcard Mail Merge in Publisher and want to print the addresses and then turn sheets to print the other side. I don't have an option to print "current side". It prints 4 addresses and then 4 content one right after the other. Create the other side in a separate publication. You can open many instances of Publisher. Open another instance, setup postcard, copy/paste the second page from the original. Delete the second page in the original. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "yogini&...

pdf file from Publisher
With Don's wonderful help converting a newsletter to a more compact pdf file, I was able to ftp the pdf file to website and provide a link. I am a dial-up user and it takes forever for the Adobe Acrobat to load the two newsletters. Although the when the September newsletter does load, I can go from page to page and to the end without any problem. However, when the October newsletter loads, if I try to go to the last of the page or scroll to the last page, I get hung. The window task manager peaks to 100% and the Adobe reader is hogging the CPU. I have installed the latest Adobe Acro...

Customized border art in Publisher
I would like to use text as border art in Publisher. Can anyone tell me how to do this, please? Thank you for any help you can offer. Sandra ...

I used to have most pictures published in Outlook
I used to have most pictures published in Outlook. I turned this feature off because various malware can attach itself to JPGs, GIFs, etc. I forgot what I did. Pleaser remind me. Thank you, Barry Karas Barry Karas <bkaras@adelphia.net> wrote: > I used to have most pictures published in Outlook. I turned this > feature off because various malware can attach itself to JPGs, GIFs, > etc. I forgot what I did. Pleaser remind me. Got a version for that Outlook? -- Brian Tillman Right! Version: 2003 (11.5608.5606) Barry Karas ***********************************************...

re: reinstall publisher 2002
For those of you whom tried, honestly?, to give me a helping hand in finding the correct activation phone number for publisher 2002, up yours!!!! The correct phone number should be 888-571-2048 NOT 888-652-2341 Thanks for nothing!!!! This cost me a 35 min "long distance" phone call for a product already paid for, this sucks!!!!! Does Bill Gates own the phone company tooooooo? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00A3_01C342DF.59CE5320 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable No, probably h...

I am unable to insert pictures in publisher 2003
Each time I insert a picture the" picture frame" remains blank. Also tru when I copy an image from file. thanks for any help cliffpeer <cliffpeer@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Each time I insert a picture the" picture frame" remains blank. Also > tru when I copy an image from file. Do images print when you print your publication? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

crm3 trial
Is there a Dynamics Crm3 trial version? Can anybody provide a link? Thank you. Microsoft is working on releasing an evaluation copy of CRM 3.0. Meanwhile, if you are a Microsoft Partner, you can get a copy from MSDN or order the VPC image for testing/development. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "bill tie" wrote: > > Is there a Dynamics Crm3 trial version? Can anybody provide a link? > > Thank you. > CRM is available for nonpartners as well on VPC. You can download that here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=A8EDFC7B...

Purchased version reports that it's a TRIAL #2
I purchased MS Money 2005 Standard edition and downloaded it on 10/11/2004. It installed fine and when I started it up it told me it was downloading additional files. After the download finished it prompted me to restart Money. Since then the application reports that it is a trial which will expire in approx. 90 days. What gives??? I'm not paying $29.95 for a trial. How do I get the version I paid for? I just clicked through the pre-lim links of buying Money online. Is the purchased version downloadable? It looked like you supplied a shipping address at the time of purchase, whi...

Publisher Calendar font changes?
I am attempting to create a six month event calendar in Publisher, I start with the Understated Calendar template. After completing the calendar wizard, I start adding events to the appropriate dates, after I complete the events in the first month, I switch to the second month and add the new events. My problem is that when I go back to the first month, the font changes for the first event revert back to the default font, this occurs even after saving the document. Does anyone have any thoughts how I can prevent this from happening? I am using Publisher 2000. Open another instance ...

How do i send a multipage document in publisher?
I am trying to send out a two page document in Publisher. When I send it out only the first page is visable? How can i make sure that readers can see page 2 as well? Put instructions on the bottom of page 1 for them to turn the page over? If you mean email....make the publisher page longer as there is no way make multiple page email. "Berksscribe" <Berksscribe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8489A9D-7989-4013-9CED-6D475C802321@microsoft.com... |I am trying to send out a two page document in Publisher. When I send it out | only the first page is vi...

Publishing page tabs
Hi all, I have a visio file with numerous pages that I want to publish. Instead of having the navigation panel on the left side to move between pages, I would like to keep the tabs at the bottom of the page that are used in the actual visio file. Anyway to do this? Every time I publish the file, the tabs disappear and instead I end up with the left side navigation panel. Thanks in advance, Tim You could use the Visio Viewer to do this (no publishing required), or will have to write your own web page code to provide the page tabs. "tim500" <tim500@discussions.microsoft....