Publisher stops responding after printing

  Just a quick question...

I am using Windows 98 SE, running publisher 2002 I have a HP psc 750 printer
with the latest drivers installed.  I also installed all the latest updated
for windows.

Publisher stops responding after I send a project to the printer.

Any suggestions....

Thanks   Arnold

After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Arnold <arnoldNOSPAM@arnoldsite.com>...
> Publisher stops responding after I send a project to the printer.

Does the document print?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6342)
8/27/2003 7:09:50 AM
Yes it does...

> After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
> from Arnold <arnoldNOSPAM@arnoldsite.com>...
> > Publisher stops responding after I send a project to the printer.
>
> Does the document print?
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

print area changing size
I have a spreadsheet that replicates a golf score card. VBA code fills in certain data on this spreadsheet. I carefully adjusted the row heights, column widths and font size to exactly match the printer version of the score card. Everything worked fine until something got changed that has changed the absolute dimensions of the printed spreadsheet. I have investigated style changes, font size changes and cannot figure the cause. If anyone has experienced this same problem and determined the cause I would be love to hear about it Just guesses. Did you change printers. Each printer can pr...

Report print preview varies from output (graphics/formatting)
I created a report off of an existing form. In so doing, it carried over the graphics and sunken formatting of cells, etc. This formatting is visible in the report print preview on the FE DB copies, but the print out varies by each FE user's PCs. I want the graphics to print as displayed on all FEs. I think the problem may be related to the print set up on each user's PC, but I can't seem to find or resolve the problem. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200706/1 ...

open/convert a publisher 95 pub with publisher 98
I want to open a publication created and saved in Publisher 95, however my computer has Publisher 98...how do i open or convert the original so I can view or print it? Publisher 98 will open 95 files. Disable your anti-virus software and try to open it again. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "MK" <MK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0721CEF-EB85-4E94-B471-7DCC129E71C4@microsoft.com... >I want to open a publication created and saved in Publisher 95, however my > computer has ...

Why my colors on screen are different in printing?
I have not changed anything in my settings and my colors on screen are what I want. When I go to print, they are completely different. I don't understand how to get them to match. I would think the default colors would be fine... so how did they change, without me doing anything? I have tried a few things and it did not help... I am just wasting ink and frustrated. Please HELP! The colors on your screen may be what you want but what you really need to do is to print something and then make your monitor look like the print. Computer monitors, video cards, brand of ink, type of paper ...

Unable to print page with graphics
I put out a four page newsletter, any page that has an image with text, the printer spits out a blank page. However, if I use "Print current Page" the page prints fine! I am using JPEGS for the images, most are desaturated in Photoshop, so these images are not in color. I tried changing from JPEG to TIFF on the images, made no difference. Wonder if it a print spooling problem and not with publisher, any one have any ideas! Rick C When you open the print dialogue, be certain you clear "do not print any graphics". It is under the Advanced printing settings in 2002-...

Old Publisher on Windows XP ?
I have an old version of Publisher that came with a bundle with Windows 95 (yoiks). I want to get to some docs I created all them years ago. I now have XP Pro. Does anyone know whether I can successfully run this old version of Publisher on XP ? I have looked around the MS Support site and KB for some info but can't seem to find any. If all else fails I will install it and try, but thought if someone knew that it can't be done, then I wouldn't waste my time. Cheers Mal Oz I think there will be someone else who will point out that Publisher was never a part of Windows. I...

Ability to Print from ZOOM window
Is there a way to print from the payables distribution zoom window??? You can print from the PM Trx Entry screen but it does not show you distribution so if you click distribution there is no way to print that screen. Can someone help me?? thanks barb Your best bet would be to modify the report to include the distributions. "BK" wrote: > > Is there a way to print from the payables distribution zoom window??? You > can print from the PM Trx Entry screen but it does not show you distribution > so if you click distribution there is no way to print that screen...

Printing to HP LJ2300 printers
We have received several LJ2300 prints and when printing from Excel (97 and 2000) We get garbage. We have used all the drivers HP has including their older drivers for this printer. Also tried both PostScript and PCL. We connected a LJ4300 and had no problems, same with a LJ4+. Has any one else had ths problem and fixed it? No problem here with 3 LJ2300. Use the default driver on their installation disk "Wayne" <wayne.horn@wachovia.com> wrote in message news:0afe01c48b7d$24e903c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... : We have received several LJ2300 prints and when printing : from Exce...

Highlighting a cell
I would like to highlight a cell for data entry, but I do not want the color to print. Is there a way to acheive this in Excel 2000. Thanks Sandi <File>, <PageSetup>, <Sheet>tab, Under Print, check the "Black & White" box. HTH, RD ==================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so that all may benefit! ==================================================== "Sandi" <ssteines@abprocess.com> wrote in message news:00c601c376eb$2b9a9910$a301280a@phx.gbl... I would like to highlight a ce...

change the color of non-printing characters in this version of Word?

How do I remove page border in Publisher
There is a white border all around my publication. How do I remove it to have the pictures flush to the margin of the page. It is your printer margin limitations. Read the printer documentation to determine the margins... Most printers cannot print to the edge. If you have a full bleed printer you can print on larger stock and cut away the margin. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "doranrita" <doranrita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A5C9470-BA39-4959-8FD5-8D98C3F71920@microsoft.co...

Publisher XP
Publisher XP - keeps crashing we have some workstations running Windows XP Service Pack 2, with Office XP and publisher XP. Outlook is version 2003. Lastest service packs for Publisher appear to be applied, Office 2003 (outlook part) is running service pack 1 (not 2) From time to time, publisher is crashing and we get the error reporting screen that allows us to restart publisher. It seems to appear most when working with the clipart module and searching for clipart, and after closing the clipart search screen. I believe that it is also crashing when just got documents open, but it...

How do I add a caption to a photo in Publisher?
I've added a photo within a newsletter story and would like to add a caption under the photo. Is this possible without creating a separate text box for the caption? pcjunkie wrote: > I've added a photo within a newsletter story and would like to add a > caption under the photo. Is this possible without creating a > separate text box for the caption? ===================== You need a text box. -- John Inzer Digital Media MVP Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work for you Proceed at your own ri...

Microsoft Publisher Wizard
can i downalod Microsoft Publisher Wizard without the installation CD? bigbumsm wrote: > can i downalod Microsoft Publisher Wizard without the installation CD? No. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org/ ...

Publisher 2007 Error, Windows Vista
I have an issue using Publisher 2007 on Windows Vista 32bit. When attempting to print (or print preview) the user interface locks up and my only option is to ctl-alt-del. I cannot switch windows, I cannot bring up task manager. The UI still displays updates (outside of Publisher), but I cannot "use" any of the interface except the Windows Security menu via ctl-alt-del. If I attempt a logout I can force Publisher to stop. This is followed by two logged events: --- 1. Source: Office 12, Event ID 5000 The description for Event ID 5000 from source Microsoft Office 12 cannot be ...

import outlook canendar into publisher calendar
Is there a way to feed my scheduled dates from my Outlook calendar into a Publisher calendar template? ...

Copy from one publisher document to another
I am trying to help my father. He has created a bunch of individual publisher documents that he is now copying and pasting into one publisher document with multiple pages (he didn't know he could add pages originally). We are doing this by opening publisher twice and selecting all of an individual page and then copying. We then paste it into a blank page in the new multiple page publication. Our problem is that when we paste the items don't always land centered on the new page. Can anyone help us with this? My dad had Publisher 2003. Thanks, Barbara Select all, Cntrol A, then ...

Can a publisher email template be inserted into an email?
I'm considering buying publisher. If I do, can I use the templates to send out a monthly newsletter to clients and insert the template (with necessary information) into an email or with the client have to download the template? TL wrote: > I'm considering buying publisher. If I do, can I use the templates to send > out a monthly newsletter to clients and insert the template (with necessary > information) into an email or with the client have to download the template? You could design and send an email from Publisher (and the recipients would only need to download the ...

FRx catalog print in Excel format
We're on FRx SP10. My main user wants to know if we can print out the Catalog of Reports in Excel format. I've not seen where we can but to make sure, can we? -- Sandy GP Sys Admin / Proj Sys Analyst If you can print to an Adobe pdf you can get it into Excel. After it is a pdf document you can copy/paste it into Excel. It works well for the summary catalog report but not the detail. the detail report wants to print each catalog on a separate page. "GP Guy in AZ" wrote: > We're on FRx SP10. My main user wants to know if we can print out the Catalog > o...

server not responding 09-29-03
I'm trying to install CRM server to evaluate for my company. This isn't a production environment, so I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get this working. First, some weakness, I'm not a network administrator (I'm a developer), I know little about ADS and Exchange Server so I'm operating on a little fear that I might mess up the company network or email. I have no one w/ expertise in ADS or Exchange in the company. With that said, here's what I've done so far... I installed Windows 2000 Advanced Server this morning. I obtained Microsoft .NET Framework v...

Gridlines printed in Excel object in Publisher 2002/2003
When I use Publisher 2000 with an Excel object inserted it does not print the cell gridlines no matter what version of Excel is used. If I upgrade Publisher to 2002 or 2003 it suddenly prints the cell gridlines of the embedded Excel worksheet. I have searched TechNet and the Microsoft website, but was unable to find anything on this. (there is no checkmark set to the option to print gridlines in Excel). I would like to upgrade to a newer version of Publisher, but I would like to choose when to print gridlines or not. Thanks for your help. This seems to be a known issue. It's com...

Overriding the Timer.Stop() Method
I'm trying to create my own extended Timer object based on Windows.Forms.Timer. As part of my code I've created a public property called "Counting" and I want to change it's state based on the Start() and Stop() methods. My problem is VB won't let me use "Stop()" because it keeps telling me "Keyword is not valid as an identifyer." How can I manager to get this past the compiler? Public Shadows Sub Start() _counting = True MyBase.Start() End Sub public shadows sub Stop() _counting = False My...

Error mesage when opening Publisher 97
Just installed publisher 97 on a new gateway with XP home. After opening the program and after the introduction,I get the following message: "File: undialog.cpp Line 1396." I am offered the option of abort-retry-or ignore. Clicking on any of the options causes the program to crash. I have used this program on another computer with an earlier version of XP without any problems. Help would be appreciated. Thank You Do you have ZoomText? http://www.aisquared.com/Support/Z7Updates.htm -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_...

Inserting an Adobe Illustrator logo into Publisher 2007?
A graphic designer sent me a logo in .ai (Adobe Illustrator) format. When I go to Insert > Object, it inserts something with the filename on it, but not the logo itself. I absolutely cannot get this figured out. How do I get this logo displayed correctly in my document? Thanks. Do you have Illustrator on your computer? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "MadDog" <MadDog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFA63883-D066-4A1F-8E08-3B5E498B613F@microsoft.com... >A graphic desig...

Publisher 2002 Newsletter
I have been using Publisher to put out my newsletter for over ten years, and I have never had this problem before. I have the Echo format this time, I almost always insert two pages after page 3, and I did it this time as well. I finished the newsletter and printed it out. I noticed that the top headlines on pages 4 and 5 (the pages I added) did not print. I have tried moving the whole page down, I have tried replacing the text boxes that contain the headlines, I even tried to copy those pages to Publisher98, which it will not do. Unless I can get this straightened out, I'll...