publisher shuts down when i insert picture from file

The publisher application is shutting down when I try to insert a picture
from a file & have done everything but uninstall.  I have office small
business 2003.
0
patchouli (1)

Do you get an error? All pictures or just one particular picture?
How to view error signatures if an Office program experiences a serious error and
quits
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;289508

Try to insert the image in safe mode, if it works you may need an upgraded video
driver.
--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"patchouli" <patchouli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The publisher application is shutting down when I try to insert a picture
> from a file & have done everything but uninstall.  I have office small
> business 2003.

0
gsauer (5093)
2/15/2005 8:44:24 AM
Any Picture, does not matter which one, but if I copy it from the folder
and then paste it into the publication, all is well...Weird....

Also, I only have 2 MB worth of pictures in the "My Pictures" folder,
not a huge amount

Mary Sauer wrote:
> Do you get an error? All pictures or just one particular picture?
> How to view error signatures if an Office program experiences a serious error and
> quits
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;289508
>
> Try to insert the image in safe mode, if it works you may need an upgraded video
> driver.
0
admin6122 (7)
2/15/2005 12:12:29 PM
Your video driver is probably to blame. Did you try inserting in safe mode? Slide the
acceleration down on your video adapter, that may help. If it does, then no doubt it
is the video driver. Right-click the desktop, properties, settings tab, advanced
button, troubleshoot tab...

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"GB" <admin@compulogics.com.au> wrote in message
> Any Picture, does not matter which one, but if I copy it from the folder and then
> paste it into the publication, all is well...Weird....
>
> Also, I only have 2 MB worth of pictures in the "My Pictures" folder, not a huge
> amount
>
> Mary Sauer wrote:
>> Do you get an error? All pictures or just one particular picture?
>> How to view error signatures if an Office program experiences a serious error and
>> quits
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;289508
>>
>> Try to insert the image in safe mode, if it works you may need an upgraded video
>> driver.

0
gsauer (5093)
2/15/2005 12:35:03 PM
Thanks will try in safe mode and check for driver updates or maybe get
an AGP controller.

Thanks again

GB

Mary Sauer wrote:
> Your video driver is probably to blame. Did you try inserting in safe mode? Slide the
> acceleration down on your video adapter, that may help. If it does, then no doubt it
> is the video driver. Right-click the desktop, properties, settings tab, advanced
> button, troubleshoot tab...

0
admin6122 (7)

Problem: "Debug Assertion Failed", File:afxcmn.inl
Hi, I have created an ActiveX ocx control in VC++6.0. When I run it in an ActiveX container of TSTCON32.exe. (the one that is shown while debugging) it runs perfectly. Iam trying to include it in a webpage (I am using visual-interdev for web page creation) by first customizing the toolbox for that ActiveX control and then dragging it to the web page from the toolbox. As soon as I drag it to the webpage, the IDE crashes with a message "Debug Assertion Failed", File:afxcmn.inl Can u suggest me why the problem is occurring and whets the probable solution. Thanks in advance Vijay...

File Dialog in access 2007 01-11-10
Im having problems with the following code in access 2007. I'm trying to open a file dialog to place an image into a form. Any help would be appreciated Reghards Rob. Sub getFileName() ' Displays the Office File Open dialog to choose a file name ' for the current id record. If the user selects a file ' display it in the image control. Dim fileName As String Dim result As Integer With Application.FileDialog(MsoFileDialogOpen) .Title = "Select Picture" .AllowMultiSelect = False .Filters.Clear...

Optimising Picture Size with Compression
Through VB how can I optimise the compression of pictures in my workbook? Assume I want to open the document and then optimise all the pictures in the document. Thanks in advance ...

How do you check on Vista if .exe file is 32-bit or 64-bit?
Assume 64-bit Vista and assume that you do not want to run/ execute .exe file. Is there a utility that will read an .exe file and provide specifics like 32-bit or 64-bit code? I can use VS2008 to open any .exe file and it will display a lot of info included there but none indicates if the code was compiled as 32- bit or 64-bit >Is there a utility that will read an .exe file and provide specifics >like 32-bit or 64-bit code? depends (www.dependencywalker.com) or dumpbin /HEADERS Dave ...

Compatible publishing program with Word
I currently edit/write the AUSA newsletter for the local chapter here at Ft. Gordon, GA. My problem is in trying to email the newsletter to the various board members. I use Publisher 97 but am looking for another program that will allow Word users to open the email. Have you thought of using Word? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA Word MVP FAQ site: http://www.mvps.org/word Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "sharondschroeder@comcast.net" <anonymous@discussions.micros...

how to upload picture from desktop to face book
how to upload pictures from desktop document to facebook On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 08:46:01 -0700, eddy <eddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how to upload pictures from desktop document to facebook Eddy, you're not talking to a search engine here; this is a volunteer forum for Microsoft Access databases. We're real live human beings, and we're here for a different subject, not general "how do I use my computer" questions. I would expect that Facebook's website would have some help available, or that you could ask some other Facebook members. -...

Publisher can't open a file it just created
Working with Publisher 2003 we just reinstalled it on a computer because it started have problems opening publisher 2003 files. If I create a new file in publisher then save it, when I try to open it again it tells me that it can not open this file. Has anyone else run into this? It happened on another computer once before and we formated and reinstalled windows. I'd like to not have to re install windows if I can help it. Chris Are you saving the file to the hard drive? Do you have Norton? If so disable "script blocking" and in Norton's options disable "Of...

Money 2004 standar didn't convert Money 2000 delux file
Hi all, I just installed Money 2004 Standar on XP. I just buy it. I used to have a Money 2000 Deluxe. When I try to convert my data file, to work with Money 2004 the program makes a copy of the file with the extension "MN8" and then stops with the error: "Money cannot convert the file" Is there any way I can Convert the file even if the previous version was a Delux and the new is an Standar version? Thanks Fernando Sainz ...

Bullet Pictures
Hi; I'm fairly new to Publisher and I am creating a flyer for a small business. I've been trying to spruce up the look by customizing the bullets with a particular pic. I've been able to add the pic in Word and it looks really good, but can't find any way in Publisher. In Word there is a Picture option together with Character, but not in Publisher. Any suggestions or am I out of luck? On Mar 20, 6:43 pm, Jason.M.Thomp...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi; > > I'm fairly new to Publisher and I am creating a flyer for a small > business. > > I've been trying t...

Insert a file path as a hyperlink
Is there a way to browse and select the file path and insert it as a hyperlink like in Outlook 2000? Like, in what application? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Brooke asked: | Is there a way to browse and select the file path and | insert it as a hyperlink like in Outlook 2000? First, you have to select HTML from the Format menu. Then, type or past...

A way to link master pages from a master file in publisher?
Is there a way to create a master file (i.e. a template) and link it to several publisher files? That way if the border etc... changes inthe master file, it is updated in all the other linked files. I have figured out master pages, but the files get way to big if I want to contain my entire portfolio on one file. ...

Sharing outlook express files
If this question is to the wrong ng apologies and please point me in the right direction! I have two computers, both running XP home, linked through a recently acquired Dell wireless router. I want to be able to use either machine for email, using the same email files. The older machine has my email .dbx files. I have shared the folder concerned and made it writable. On the newer machine (laptop) I use Outlook express tools->options->maintenance->store folder and point it at the folder on the other machine. Tells me it will happen next time I restart Express...but nothing happens, ...

How do I read text file in an EXCEL SHEET
Hello, With regards to EXCEL how we read the text file in EXCEL sheet using MACRO. The file is located in d:\Sql\Documents\Amit\log.txt. I want to save the EXCEL sheet, and every time when I open this sheet it reads this text file and displays the contents of this text file in Excel Sheet. I want to use MACRO for reading this text file.How I do that? Thanks Amit fileName = "D:\Sql\Documents\Amit\log.txt" Workbooks.OpenText FileName:=fileName OR Workbooks.OpenText FileName:=fileName, Origin:=xlWindows, StartRow _ :=1, DataType:=xlFixedWidth, FieldInfo:=Array( _ Array(0,...

5pt space between paragraphs when copied from Word to Publisher
When I copy several paragraphs from a word document and paste it in Publisher I always get 5pts added before and after each paragraph. Is there anyway to change this so I don't have to delete the space each time? I have Office version 2003 and Windows XP. Paste special as unformatted text... or Select all, Format, Paragraph, change the before and after. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "BoKay" <BoKay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EB4C534-F64D-409D-AC89-37367675C71D@microsoft.com... > When I copy several paragraphs from a wo...

Lost file
My daughter turned off my computer before I could name/save a file in Excel. Will a temp version of it exist anywhere? Thanks! ...

Auto format causes very large .xls files and slows my application.
I don't know how many rows of data will be entered at runtime. Presently I guess the maximum and apply auto format conditions to all rows that "could" be used. But this is creating very large .xls files (35MB) and is very inefficient since every cell format is reassessed every time the workbook is modified (can't switch off auto calc since users will forget to calc ! it's ok for me but not them.). Without using VBA, is there a way to apply auto format to rows containing data ? Select the range, then use Format - Autoformat. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthis...

Saving attached files in Outlook
What is OLK8 and what is it supposed to do? Outlook wants to save attached files to a folder called OLK8. When I want to go find the files I can't find the folder OLK8 even thought the save path indicated that it was in "local settings". It doesn't appear to be a hidden file. Why is OLK8 so hard to find when it is the default Outlook save location? The MS KB is (per usual) no help. It is a temporary file for storing attachments. If you are using Windows 2000 or XP, try turning on hidden and system folders and then go look again. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outl...

Access 2K7
I followed the directions here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;285820 When I run it, I'm getting the error: "438 Object doesn't support this property or method" It looks like it's breaking on this bit of code: ".Picture = strImagePath" Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Module code: Option Compare Database Option Explicit Public Function DisplayImage(ctlImageControl As Control, strImagePath As Variant) As String On Error GoTo Err_DisplayImage Dim strResult As String Dim strDatabasePath As String Dim intSlashLo...

Exporting One File to Two Others
Here's the situation - hopefully someone can answer my question or come up with a better idea. My daughter owns a used book store and has and inventory of over 10,000 books. My thoughts were to have three different files for serch purposes. ie Title, Auther, Subjuct Matter and add a Referance Number to each book. This way if a customer askes for a book, the serch would be easy. The problem lies in the sales. When a customer purchases a book, she would write down the Referance Number on a sheet of paper then at the end of the day, enter all the days Reference Number into the fi...

How do you insert an Entity relationship symbol into a legend in V
I am trying to add a legend onto a Visio Entity diagram. I need to show the Entity relationship symbols (0 to many, 1 and only 1, 1 to many, etc) as shown on the line end in a legend. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks Just drag the relation from the stencil in your legend, fix the cardinality and display it "Database=>Options=>Document=>Relation" Enjoy with visio "ret_1953" <ret_1953@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de news:8CB5962B-AD58-4471-8781-1D0BEAC1FFD9@microsoft.com... >I am trying to add a legend onto a Visio Entity ...

No longer able to view pictures in Publisher Document
I am creating a document with many inserted photos. Everything was fine until I opened it today. All the photo areas are blank (the frame is there, but no photo). I checked the View menu and Pictures, but everything was set correctly. Why did this suddenly happen? What else can I try so the photos can be viewed (and most importantly, printed)? TN I checked further down in the "problem list" and found Ed Bennett's solution to move the hardware acceleration down 3 notches for my video driver. That Worked. I can see the photos OK in my other publisher documents with ful...

Online banking trashes my Money File
Hi. This started happening last week. When I connect to the internet and Money 2004 is either in the process of downloading my (many) active statements it abends with the "Send Error Report" dialog box. When I restart, I sometimes have to go through a second crash. When I eventually view my accounts, I'm told I have statements to read but they aren't bolded, so I can't see what they are. I do a file repair, and I crash when I try to view my statements. It seems the only way to continue is to restore from a backup file and completely eliminate background backing. Any sugg...

OE unsafe file attachement message
Each time I send an e-mail with an attachment there is a message stating the following: "OE removed access to the following unsafe file attachments". I was able to discover this by looking in my sent items folder and pulling up each individual e-mail. However, I did a test and sent to some people they did receive the e-mail and attachments. Any idea what this is all about. Thanks in advance! This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will...

Accessing Money 2001 files w/Money 2005
I have been using Money 2001 for, well, about 4 yrs. Thought it was time to upgrade and bought Money 2005. I can't access my M2001 backup file with M2005. I've gone through tech support and they couldn't help me. Anyone here have any suggestions? Besides trying to take the software back to the store. In microsoft.public.money, frustrated in WA wrote: >I have been using Money 2001 for, well, about 4 yrs. >Thought it was time to upgrade and bought Money 2005. I >can't access my M2001 backup file with M2005. I've gone >through tech support and they couldn...

Publisher Booklet
I want to pdf a publisher file which is a AF booklet (A4 folded) and has bleed pages. When I pdf a dps, I want to show the entire A4 page landscape without the gutter - i.e. as you would see it if you opened the book. Can anyone help me? At the moment I get the dps but see the gutter. I am using Adobe 5 professional. This might be a question for the adobe newsgroup? In Publisher, did you set the Arrange Inside to zero? -- Don Vancouver, USA "ChrisB" <chis@wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23w1Ox0pyFHA.2880@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I want to pdf a publis...