Publisher, SEND button --WEBBOT-SELF--

I have put an order page in my site.  I publish it to my host.  The send 
button is set to email the page to my email address.  I do not use Outlook 
and could never be sure if my customers would use this product.  But I keep 
getting errors that say that it can't find the file 
............./--WEBBOT-SELF--/ on my site.  I can't find anything in the help 
files to address this nor can I find any books that deal with it.  

Help! 
0
Birdman (9)
10/25/2006 8:13:01 PM
publisher 21446 articles. 6 followers. Follow

9 Replies
496 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 14

What's the URL to your site and page with the form?

Your host server must have FP extensions installed and working and very 
often the email address must be in the same domain as your website 
address...and your host must allow the use of the form handler (some dont).

Doesn't have anything to do with Outlook btw.



"Birdman" <Birdman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:B7422F89-8B15-47CF-8980-0ADAF1DEDE44@microsoft.com...
|I have put an order page in my site.  I publish it to my host.  The send
| button is set to email the page to my email address.  I do not use Outlook
| and could never be sure if my customers would use this product.  But I 
keep
| getting errors that say that it can't find the file
| ............/--WEBBOT-SELF--/ on my site.  I can't find anything in the 
help
| files to address this nor can I find any books that deal with it.
|
| Help! 


0
webmaster911 (1600)
10/26/2006 12:16:36 AM
Thanks, been looking for help on this for quite a while now.  The host site 
provider hasn't been all that helpful.  I have had the host site activate my 
FP extensions and the email is in the same domain.  Problems at that point 
evolved to the WEBBOT problem.  I will ask them about the form handler.  Site 
is under development at www.leakits.com page is "ordering".

"Rob Giordano (Crash)" wrote:

> What's the URL to your site and page with the form?
> 
> Your host server must have FP extensions installed and working and very 
> often the email address must be in the same domain as your website 
> address...and your host must allow the use of the form handler (some dont).
> 
> Doesn't have anything to do with Outlook btw.
> 
> 
> 
> "Birdman" <Birdman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:B7422F89-8B15-47CF-8980-0ADAF1DEDE44@microsoft.com...
> |I have put an order page in my site.  I publish it to my host.  The send
> | button is set to email the page to my email address.  I do not use Outlook
> | and could never be sure if my customers would use this product.  But I 
> keep
> | getting errors that say that it can't find the file
> | ............/--WEBBOT-SELF--/ on my site.  I can't find anything in the 
> help
> | files to address this nor can I find any books that deal with it.
> |
> | Help! 
> 
> 
> 
0
Birdman (9)
10/26/2006 12:56:02 AM
Welp...before we go much further with this...you ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY do 
NOT want to use a form like that to take credit card information for orders. 
This is NOT secure.

You should look into using a pre-fab shopping cart or real easy..use Paypal. 
This way you don't have to muck with security and setting up a secure 
merchant account.

As a beginner (gonna assume this since you are using Publisher for web 
design), you should not attempt creating your own shopping cart.




"Birdman" <Birdman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:4201D3D2-6C94-481E-A561-381DC05B7587@microsoft.com...
| Thanks, been looking for help on this for quite a while now.  The host 
site
| provider hasn't been all that helpful.  I have had the host site activate 
my
| FP extensions and the email is in the same domain.  Problems at that point
| evolved to the WEBBOT problem.  I will ask them about the form handler. 
Site
| is under development at www.leakits.com page is "ordering".
|
| "Rob Giordano (Crash)" wrote:
|
| > What's the URL to your site and page with the form?
| >
| > Your host server must have FP extensions installed and working and very
| > often the email address must be in the same domain as your website
| > address...and your host must allow the use of the form handler (some 
dont).
| >
| > Doesn't have anything to do with Outlook btw.
| >
| >
| >
| > "Birdman" <Birdman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > news:B7422F89-8B15-47CF-8980-0ADAF1DEDE44@microsoft.com...
| > |I have put an order page in my site.  I publish it to my host.  The 
send
| > | button is set to email the page to my email address.  I do not use 
Outlook
| > | and could never be sure if my customers would use this product.  But I
| > keep
| > | getting errors that say that it can't find the file
| > | ............/--WEBBOT-SELF--/ on my site.  I can't find anything in 
the
| > help
| > | files to address this nor can I find any books that deal with it.
| > |
| > | Help!
| >
| >
| > 


0
webmaster911 (1600)
10/26/2006 1:41:22 AM
Sorry, as I mentioned this is just the vanilla form that comes when you 
insert a form using Publisher.  My main objective is to get an email contact 
and understand what product they are looking for and how to contact them.  As 
we don't anticipate more than 4 or 5 products we don't need too much.  So my 
main problem remains getting that information from the customers.  

"Rob Giordano (Crash)" wrote:

> Welp...before we go much further with this...you ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY do 
> NOT want to use a form like that to take credit card information for orders. 
> This is NOT secure.
> 
> You should look into using a pre-fab shopping cart or real easy..use Paypal. 
> This way you don't have to muck with security and setting up a secure 
> merchant account.
> 
> As a beginner (gonna assume this since you are using Publisher for web 
> design), you should not attempt creating your own shopping cart.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> "Birdman" <Birdman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:4201D3D2-6C94-481E-A561-381DC05B7587@microsoft.com...
> | Thanks, been looking for help on this for quite a while now.  The host 
> site
> | provider hasn't been all that helpful.  I have had the host site activate 
> my
> | FP extensions and the email is in the same domain.  Problems at that point
> | evolved to the WEBBOT problem.  I will ask them about the form handler. 
> Site
> | is under development at www.leakits.com page is "ordering".
> |
> | "Rob Giordano (Crash)" wrote:
> |
> | > What's the URL to your site and page with the form?
> | >
> | > Your host server must have FP extensions installed and working and very
> | > often the email address must be in the same domain as your website
> | > address...and your host must allow the use of the form handler (some 
> dont).
> | >
> | > Doesn't have anything to do with Outlook btw.
> | >
> | >
> | >
> | > "Birdman" <Birdman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | > news:B7422F89-8B15-47CF-8980-0ADAF1DEDE44@microsoft.com...
> | > |I have put an order page in my site.  I publish it to my host.  The 
> send
> | > | button is set to email the page to my email address.  I do not use 
> Outlook
> | > | and could never be sure if my customers would use this product.  But I
> | > keep
> | > | getting errors that say that it can't find the file
> | > | ............/--WEBBOT-SELF--/ on my site.  I can't find anything in 
> the
> | > help
> | > | files to address this nor can I find any books that deal with it.
> | > |
> | > | Help!
> | >
> | >
> | > 
> 
> 
> 
0
Birdman (9)
10/26/2006 4:12:02 AM
Birdman wrote:
> Sorry, as I mentioned this is just the vanilla form that comes when you 
> insert a form using Publisher.  My main objective is to get an email contact 
> and understand what product they are looking for and how to contact them.  As 
> we don't anticipate more than 4 or 5 products we don't need too much.  So my 
> main problem remains getting that information from the customers.  

In that case, remove the credit card information fields from the page 
entirely. It doesn't matter if you're only selling one product, taking 
credit card information on an unsecured web form is *NOT COOL*.

-- 
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org
0
the_nerd (6342)
10/26/2006 8:41:38 AM
I can put a Send button on any page and it doesn't work.  It gives the same 
error message.  As I said - this site is under constuction.  Before I spend 
time on even the simplest feedback page I need to determine that the basic 
function works.  Therefore I used the vanilla form that came from the Form 
command.   What you see on the page has no relation to what will ultimately 
end up on the page.  My question relates to getting the Send button to 
function correctly.

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Birdman wrote:
> > Sorry, as I mentioned this is just the vanilla form that comes when you 
> > insert a form using Publisher.  My main objective is to get an email contact 
> > and understand what product they are looking for and how to contact them.  As 
> > we don't anticipate more than 4 or 5 products we don't need too much.  So my 
> > main problem remains getting that information from the customers.  
> 
> In that case, remove the credit card information fields from the page 
> entirely. It doesn't matter if you're only selling one product, taking 
> credit card information on an unsecured web form is *NOT COOL*.
> 
> -- 
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org
> 
0
Birdman (9)
10/26/2006 12:39:02 PM
Sidetrack:
Ok welp..the first thing you should do is download Firefox & Netscape (the 
other browsers) and view your form's page (actually your entire site) with 
them and ask yourself if a Publisher created website is really what you 
need.




"Birdman" <Birdman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:B0EC5CC4-F187-431D-80B6-DADB20323444@microsoft.com...
|I can put a Send button on any page and it doesn't work.  It gives the same
| error message.  As I said - this site is under constuction.  Before I 
spend
| time on even the simplest feedback page I need to determine that the basic
| function works.  Therefore I used the vanilla form that came from the Form
| command.   What you see on the page has no relation to what will 
ultimately
| end up on the page.  My question relates to getting the Send button to
| function correctly.
|
| "Ed Bennett" wrote:
|
| > Birdman wrote:
| > > Sorry, as I mentioned this is just the vanilla form that comes when 
you
| > > insert a form using Publisher.  My main objective is to get an email 
contact
| > > and understand what product they are looking for and how to contact 
them.  As
| > > we don't anticipate more than 4 or 5 products we don't need too much. 
So my
| > > main problem remains getting that information from the customers.
| >
| > In that case, remove the credit card information fields from the page
| > entirely. It doesn't matter if you're only selling one product, taking
| > credit card information on an unsecured web form is *NOT COOL*.
| >
| > -- 
| > Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
| > http://ed.mvps.org
| > 


0
webmaster911 (1600)
10/26/2006 1:36:23 PM
I have traced the problem back to a propagation error at the host site.  

"Rob Giordano (Crash)" wrote:

> Sidetrack:
> Ok welp..the first thing you should do is download Firefox & Netscape (the 
> other browsers) and view your form's page (actually your entire site) with 
> them and ask yourself if a Publisher created website is really what you 
> need.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> "Birdman" <Birdman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:B0EC5CC4-F187-431D-80B6-DADB20323444@microsoft.com...
> |I can put a Send button on any page and it doesn't work.  It gives the same
> | error message.  As I said - this site is under constuction.  Before I 
> spend
> | time on even the simplest feedback page I need to determine that the basic
> | function works.  Therefore I used the vanilla form that came from the Form
> | command.   What you see on the page has no relation to what will 
> ultimately
> | end up on the page.  My question relates to getting the Send button to
> | function correctly.
> |
> | "Ed Bennett" wrote:
> |
> | > Birdman wrote:
> | > > Sorry, as I mentioned this is just the vanilla form that comes when 
> you
> | > > insert a form using Publisher.  My main objective is to get an email 
> contact
> | > > and understand what product they are looking for and how to contact 
> them.  As
> | > > we don't anticipate more than 4 or 5 products we don't need too much. 
> So my
> | > > main problem remains getting that information from the customers.
> | >
> | > In that case, remove the credit card information fields from the page
> | > entirely. It doesn't matter if you're only selling one product, taking
> | > credit card information on an unsecured web form is *NOT COOL*.
> | >
> | > -- 
> | > Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> | > http://ed.mvps.org
> | > 
> 
> 
> 
0
Birdman (9)
10/27/2006 10:52:02 PM
Good job, glad you got if figured out!

"Birdman" <Birdman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:DCDCEF95-08D3-4580-B762-901BD85D174E@microsoft.com...
|I have traced the problem back to a propagation error at the host site.
|
| "Rob Giordano (Crash)" wrote:
|
| > Sidetrack:
| > Ok welp..the first thing you should do is download Firefox & Netscape 
(the
| > other browsers) and view your form's page (actually your entire site) 
with
| > them and ask yourself if a Publisher created website is really what you
| > need.
| >
| >
| >
| >
| > "Birdman" <Birdman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > news:B0EC5CC4-F187-431D-80B6-DADB20323444@microsoft.com...
| > |I can put a Send button on any page and it doesn't work.  It gives the 
same
| > | error message.  As I said - this site is under constuction.  Before I
| > spend
| > | time on even the simplest feedback page I need to determine that the 
basic
| > | function works.  Therefore I used the vanilla form that came from the 
Form
| > | command.   What you see on the page has no relation to what will
| > ultimately
| > | end up on the page.  My question relates to getting the Send button to
| > | function correctly.
| > |
| > | "Ed Bennett" wrote:
| > |
| > | > Birdman wrote:
| > | > > Sorry, as I mentioned this is just the vanilla form that comes 
when
| > you
| > | > > insert a form using Publisher.  My main objective is to get an 
email
| > contact
| > | > > and understand what product they are looking for and how to 
contact
| > them.  As
| > | > > we don't anticipate more than 4 or 5 products we don't need too 
much.
| > So my
| > | > > main problem remains getting that information from the customers.
| > | >
| > | > In that case, remove the credit card information fields from the 
page
| > | > entirely. It doesn't matter if you're only selling one product, 
taking
| > | > credit card information on an unsecured web form is *NOT COOL*.
| > | >
| > | > -- 
| > | > Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
| > | > http://ed.mvps.org
| > | >
| >
| >
| > 


0
webmaster911 (1600)
10/28/2006 2:01:26 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Publisher 2003 Catologue Merge #2
I thought I posted this the other day, but cannot find it. If I did, here it is again! http://home.a03.itscom.net/tsuzu/programing/en/ Here is a real winner that popped up today on www.nonags.com This is the perfect tool for the Publisher 2003 Catalogue Merge. This program will automatically list all the picture files in a folder to use with a Publisher 2003 Catalogue Merge. Does exactly what you want, has all the options you need, including sort, file extension you want etc. etc. Just a magic little program with all the needs and requirements. It will be so easy for users just to copy ...

Need to re-add "Tools" button to Menu Bar
I have inadvertantly removed the "Tools" button from my Menu Bar an need to re-add it. Does anyone know how to do that? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi goto 'Tools - customize', select your menubar in this list and click 're-set' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I have inadvertantly removed the "Tools" button from my Menu Bar and > need to re-add it. Does anyone know how to do that? > Thanks > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ A) The OP lost his Tools menu, so he can&#...

Send/Receive Complete
This is a truly minor question that I have about Outlook 2002 on Windows = XP. When I click the Send/Receive button or press F9, the message = Send/Receive Complete appears in the lower right-hand corner of the = window almost immediately, but the animation - the little letter moving = between the two folders - keeps on going for anywhere between 6 to 8 = seconds afterward. Are sending and receiving complete when I see the Send/Receive Complete = message or somewhat later when the animation stops? I wouldn't want to = close Outlook while mail might still be on the way. Since this is my ...

Sending attachments #9
I have a problem sending attachments through outlook. I can send emails ok as long as it does not have a file with it. It just displays item not sent. Any idea's?? ...

Send/receive has slowed to crawl
Running XP, SP3 and 2003 Outlook. I think this problem started after a recent PCTools update. I disabled the email virus scanning in PCTools and still have the problem. If I have very much mail to receive the connection to my provider times out and kills the download. It will take around 10 minutes to get 500kb, before this problem 500kb would load in 15-20 seconds. Any ideas where to start with this problem. Also when I perform the "Test Email Settings" function in the email accounts setup screen, the "send test email fails"( but the test email is sent), however the ot...

Cant Send Email/ Error/(0x8004010F)
I upgraded to Office 2003. I can not send email, I can only receive messages. I am using a hotmail account. This is the error I get. Task 'Hotmail - Sending' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.' ...

How do I change the day a week starts on in a publisher calendar
In the Control Panel open the Regional and Language Options, change to your region. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F81FC52-ED0D-4FC3-BCED-05F72495DF61@microsoft.com... > ...

Suddenly unable to send email
I use Outlook 2002 and have been using a SBCglobal DSL email account for almost two years without incident. Suddenly, while I am able to receive email just fine, I can no longer send emails through Outlook. I get the following error message: "Task 'pop.sbcglobal.net - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: ??0 5.0.0 Access denied'" Does anyone know how to correct this? I called SBC and we triple-checked the outgoing SMTP server inf...

Why can't I save Publisher files since an XP upgrade?
-- 89Q Radio Trial version? Maybe the time has run out. Are you saving to your hard drive? Can you open files? Do you get an error? What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Coy" <Coy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4666111-8322-43AA-BD05-A1E24D4D7C23@microsoft.com... > > -- > 89Q Radio Mary: I have used Publisher 2002 for a couple of years now. It was only recently (since an upgrade t...

Why does Publisher not allow multiple page email newsletters?
Just received Publisher 2003. I'm trying to make an email newsletter and trying to incorporate the "more details" links embedded into the template. However, if I want that to be a link to another page in the document, it doesn't work if I send the .pub as a message in an email. It doesn't work any way I save it, .mht, .tif, etc. I'm curious why I had to spend two days sorting out the whole "more details" links through the help files only to find that they're useless unless I have it link to some other arbitrary site. I bought publisher for thi...

Publisher Template
How can I apply one of My Templates to an existing publication skebel wrote: > How can I apply one of My Templates to an existing publication ======================================== One way would be to open two instances of Publisher... template in one...existing .pub in the other. Copy/paste the content from existing .pub to template. -- Volunteer J - MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work for you Proceed at your own risk ...

Search the web button
When I click on the "search the web" button it sends me to msn.com to do my search. How can I change this to a different address? ...

Can't send email via Outlook #2
I hope someone has some insight on this. I suddenly lost the ability to send email via OUTLOOK. I can recieve, but not send. When I try to send, I get an error message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 3/2/2004 5:47 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Steve Shockley (sshockley@usa.net) on 3/2/2004 5:47 PM 553 To send mail, first check your mail with a valid POP account; this prevents unauthorized SPAM relaying. (#5.7.1) This is happening on both my systems. I am running Win XP a...

can you edit a print shop file in publisher?
Is the print shop software compatible with MS Publisher. No, it is not compatible. You could export your printshop item as an image and insert that image into Publisher, but you will only be able to edit the image as an image, you won't be able to edit text, etc. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Tthomas" <Tthomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96D872CD-E940-4891-86F9-23F0E21CC8F2@microsoft.com... > Is the print shop softwa...

Outlook XP , publish to GAL and encrypting problem
Hi all. After I published my certificates go GAL, I'm not able to encrypt messages for e-mail addresses which are not stored in my Exchange server . Their info is properly entered into my Outlook's Contacts folder, including their name, e-mail and encryption public cert. Any help? Trebor. P.S I'm using MS Outlook XP SP3 with Exchange Server 5.5 I ...

How Can I View a .pub File Without Publisher Installed on my Machine?
I have a .pub file but cannot view it. I do not have publisher installed on my machine. Is there a publisher viewer that I can download to view .pub files? Thanks, Jason Hi Jason (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have a .pub file but cannot view it. I do not have || publisher installed on my machine. Is there a publisher || viewer that I can download to view .pub files? Visit the following link: http://www.mvps.org/publisher/sharing.html -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.mvps.org/publisher ~pay it foward~ This posting is pr...

REading Publisher files burned to a CD
Copy the files to your hard drive. Publisher doesn't do well with removable media. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Bruno Ottavi" <bottavi@insight.rr.com> wrote in message news:dekVd.2395$3t3.1039@fe2.columbus.rr.com... > > ...

Publisher 03 -how to move parts of brochure to a another brochur.
how do I merge panels of info from one pub. brochure to another fcircle wrote: > how do I merge panels of info from one pub. brochure to another Copy paste from one Publication to another. Line the two publications side by side vertically on the page. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com Windows Marketplace Moderator This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Send receive Outlook 2003
Out Outlook will not "automatically" send and recieve unless forced too (Cntrl-M). Have double checked all settings, coped the "send/rec." as per the online help instructions, all the boxes are checked, etc. Have even re-installed. but to no avail OE does this without any problem, but not outlook, (yes Outlook is the default mail client). Any suggestions would be welcome. Axel. When you "double checked all your settings" what did you see? Hw can we tell what you set incorrectly? What is your automatic polling interval? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook...

Error when sending pub 2003 document as an email
we have a document that we have been sending as an email in publisher 2003 for some time, by using the SEND AS EMAIL> SEND THIS PAGE AS A MESSAGE. This has worked fine for some time, but now something has happened to the document that when you click the send button in outlook you get a message that publisher has encountered an error and needs to close. Outlook then freezes and has to be cntrl-alt-del to kill it off. this happens with the same document on multiple computers, whereas the same computers can complete the task using a newly created document. Anyone seen this before? detai...

Option to shadow shapes & text boxes in Publisher 2003
MS Office help offers the following instructions referencing a SHADOW STYLE OPTION; THIS OPTION DOES NOT APPEAR ON MY DROP DOWN LIST OF OPTIONS!!! Select the picture, AutoShape, WordArt or text box that you want to change. On the Formatting toolbar, click Shadow Style , and do one of the following: Add or remove a shadow To add a shadow, click the shadow style you want. To remove a shadow, click No Shadow. Change the direction of the shadow To change the direction of a shadow, click a shadow that goes the direction you want. Change the distance of the shadow from...

Conflict Between Publisher 2007 and Outlook 2007
I just purchased and installed Office 2007 Small Business Edtion. I was exploring Publisher 2007 and it froze when I tried to get past the opening screen/window. I ran the Office Diagnostics and it showed after all 17 tests that everything was OK. I discovered that if I shut down Outlook 2007, Publisher worked fine. Is anybody else having this problem or am I just special? I would appreciate anything about how to stop this behavior. If you need anymore information, just let me know. Thanks, BobB BobB wrote: > I just purchased and installed Office 2007 Small Business Edtion. > ...

Cannot open Publisher
Publisher cannot load the required file ptxt9.dll You may be out of memory or the file may be corrupt. I get the above error when I try to open publisher, or one of my existing publisher files. Please help. I turned my computer off, and back on. I have deleted temp. int. files, cookies. No other programs are open. What do I need to do? This is office XP. I have had nothing but trouble since I upgraded from office 2000. I have a 1.7 GHz 40 GB HD with 68% free. 128MB ram. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q235/3/85.ASP&am...

can't send outlook test message, pop & smtp are OK
i have configured a pop account in outlook 2002. when I click the button "test configuration settings" outlook goes through a routine to send a test e-mail from the account. i can connect to the pop server, but am unable to send a test message or connect to the smtp server. outlook hangs and after several minutes comes back with the error "unable to connect to ougoing mail server (smtp) please contact your admin or ISP." I have verified with my ISP that the settings are correct and I am able to ping the pop and smtp settings. the settings all look OK. I don'...

Toggle parity bit for sending and receiving data via Serial Port
All: I am writing a window program to communicate with a embedded frimware device via PC RS232 serial port. My program requires sending and receiving data. In each frame, first and last bytes need parity bit set (MARK), the rest of bytes need parity bit reset (SPACE). The window program is the master. My question is when I set parity bit on PC is different than the one I receive, do I really receive this type (I am using ReadFile)? I used HyperTerminal to try out this test. I start HyperTerminal in two different PCs. Two PCs are connected via serial port. I set up one PC with MARK pari...