Publisher save formats

How does one save a publisher file in a PDF format?  I
only have nearly useless options in the Publisher "save
as" menu.

THANKS!!!!!!
0
Eric1 (389)

Publisher does not support pdf.
You have to have a pdf creator to convert the .pub file.
Review this newsgroup for recommended pdf creators, it's a frequent topic.

--
David Bartosik - MS MVP
for Publisher help:

"Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How does one save a publisher file in a PDF format?  I
> only have nearly useless options in the Publisher "save
> as" menu.
>
> THANKS!!!!!!

0
dbartosik (185)

Using Logical OR on text in Conditional Formatting
I have a column with various text entries. I have created a conditional formatting rule for each type of entry but the formatting can be grouped together, so I would like a Conditional Formatting rule that says: If string contains "foo" or "bar" then colour red If string does not contain "yibble" or "wibble" then make bold etc. Any idea how I can do this rather thasn having to manage over 30 rules with each one looking for a single text entry type. Thanks Darius Try a formula of =OR(A2="foo",A2="bar") =AND(A2<>"y...

Open XLS file without it's number format using VBA?
An XLS file has been saved with it's numbers formatted to a specified number of decimal places. Using VBA how do you read in that XLS file with the numbers unformatted and with the original number of decimal places? Workbooks.Open (filename:="myFileName.xls", ????) Not sure what you mean by "read in". The values are still in the cells. If you open the workbook, then transfer the cell values from the worksheet to VBA, you'll get the entire number, not the version that is rounded for viewing purposes. On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 22:55:55 GMT, Dennis@NoSpam.com wrote: >...

How do I save the Page Setup settings for letterhead usage?
I have new company letterhead and have worked hard to set top, left, bottom and right margins. How do I save those in Word 2003 so that if I'm printing on this letterhead in future, I can just call up the format and create the document without typing in all the measurements? Save it as a template; see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "NowWow" <NowWow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D892886-B419-4784-...

Publisher 2002 #30
A friend uses Publisher 2002 with XP. Unlike my 2000 version he cannot import .mix files generated using Photodraw. How can he correct this 'fault'? Can Photodraw save the file as another type, i.e., jpg, gif, bmp etc? -- Don Vancouver, USA "aedissel" <aedissel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9936407C-F2DC-4878-A7D1-58F9AA90705E@microsoft.com... >A friend uses Publisher 2002 with XP. > Unlike my 2000 version he cannot import .mix files generated using > Photodraw. > How can he correct this 'fault'? > aedissel <aedi...

Conditional Formating and SetFocus Question
Thanks in advace. This place has answered a lot of questions before I needed to ask. Now, I need to ask. I have a Continous Form [DetailSubForm] based on table [DetailTbl] that has the following fields. *[DetailID], [DocID], [CompDate],[SubDate], [ConfirmDate], and [ExpireDate]. The [DocID] field is a dropdown list that draws the data from the [TrainDocTbl]. I would like to use GetFocus to go to one of the Date fields depending on the selection made in [DocID]. It would also be nice to be able to declare the backcolor and forecolor of the whole record depending on that choice...

0100 (24 hour) time
Hi, I wish to type in the cells 0100, 0200, 0300 etc but cannot see the format type that retains these numbers as four digits (allows me to go to 2400) . Which format is it - I have tried several and it drops the first zero(0) off. Cheers Mike You need to custom format the col as: hh:mm then enter the times with a colon, eg: 00:00 -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "MikeR-Oz" wrote: > I wish to type in the cells 0100, 0200, 0300 etc but cannot see the format > type that retains these numbers as four digits (allows me to go to 2400) ....

In publisher I lost my view of choosing page one or page two (fr.
I have used publisher for years, and suddenly whatever publisher file I open, that have front and back pages, I cant view the two pages selector on the lower left area of my form. When I print, it will pront both fromt and back pages on two sheets as page one and two but I can't select between page one and two, to edit page two, as I only see page one. View--status bar -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lloyd" <Lloyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A39AE1F-1436-4F29-83C0-136...

MS Publisher conversion to full display in an email
Hi, how would I go about in converting a MS Publisher document into a format where I would be able to have it appear NOT as an attachment (embedded icon) in an email, but rather have the Publisher document appear as if it has already been opened. In other words, I want the Publisher document displayed in the email w/o the need for the viewer to click on an attachment icon. Appreciate any input. On Sep 8, 12:27 pm, "haksback75" <u37274@uwe> wrote: > Appreciate any input. Since it's been several hours... and since this group is regularly monitored by GURUS of MSPUB, m...

Mark saved messages as sent
I have a rule that moves a copy of messages I send through my work account to a work sent folder. But the messages show up there as unread. I'd like to have the messages saved as read, but the only way I can figure to do it is to manually right-click the folder, then select mark all messages as read. Is there a better way? Thanks. Marti ...

Money 2004: Can't balance savings account
Hello, I'm trying to balance my saving account in Money 2004. This is the first time for this account. I fill in all the info such as statement date, ending balance, etc. Then when I hit "next" nothing happens. The dialog stays up and I can't continue. The only way to get out is to hit "cancel" which of course doesn't balance the account. Anybody know what's going on? Thanks, Boaz ...

Contact View and Automatic Formatting
I have installed Outlook XP (Office XP have SP1 and SP2); I try to personalize a View of Contact folder. I want to use Automatic formatting and set this condition: "Message Class" contains "IPM.Contact". It doesn't work! When i used Office 2000 it work.. strange.. any helps?? Andrea ...

jpeg lost when copy paste into publisher
When I look up old publisher cards I designed I note that all photos are not visible, they are there but can't be seen, copy/paste operation indicates pictures there but not visible. please help jks8247 wrote: > When I look up old publisher cards I designed I note that all photos > are not visible, they are there but can't be seen, copy/paste > operation indicates pictures there but not visible. please help =========================== Have a look at the following site: (Read the third FAQ) Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/ lines when editing my publication? http:/...

Format this cell like that cell, automatically?
I keep my grades in an Excel workbook of four sheets, of which the two relevant ones are Attendance and Grades. During the semester, if a student drops the course I mark all cells for that student in both worksheets as Locked and I apply a gray pattern to them. Having to do this in two worksheets is kind of a nuisance. Is there any way to set, say cells Grades!A11:AP11 to pick up automatically any formatting and Lock/Unlock status as it changes in Attendance!A1? I know I could do this in a macro, but I'm wondering if there's any purely worksheet way to do it. -- Stan Brown, O...

wcf service
I'm trying to set up a build environment in which I have a wcf service dll which is deployed as a web service. I currently build my service as part of an automated build, then I manually publish the service to a directory ready for deployment as a webservice. Ideally I would like my service to be automatically published to my web service directory following a successful build so that: the web.config is regenerated from the service's app.config the .svc are regenerated the bin directory contains only the necessary dlls refreshed (ie. no pdb) In other words replicating a ...

Conditional formatting based on matching record in separate query
I would like to conditionally format a patient's name (e.g., Bold) in a report, based on whether it finds that name in a separate query of New Admissions. How can I make my condition look for matching data in the query? The table name is Today'sList, and the query name is Admissions. The matching field name containing the patient's name is "Field1". Do I need to construct an expression using IIf (I'm assuming)? My question is, somehow I need my conditional expression to say "If Field1 matches any record's Field1 in this other query (Admissions),...

Open/Save screen settings
Hi, When I try to SAVE or OPEN the file, the screen is always default in "LIST VIEW". How can I change the default in DETAIL VIEW? Thanks, Open 'My Computer' then set the view to Details. With it still open, choose Tools and Folder Options, click the [View] tab and then the button that says "Apply to All Folders". "Saz" wrote: > Hi, When I try to SAVE or OPEN the file, the screen is always default > in "LIST VIEW". How can I change the default in DETAIL VIEW? > Thanks, > > ...

ATI Driver that Works with Publisher
The ATI drivers that I use sometimes prevent the graphics in Publisher documents from displaying even though the document with graphics prints OK - A longtime problem posted here regularly, requiring throttling acceleration to solve. Anyone found an ATI video driver for the X series (X700, etc.) AGP card for Windows XP that actually Works with Publisher 2003 (without hardware acceleration throttling)? If so, please post the Catalyst version. Thanks and greatly appreciated! Have you tried ATI and their support documents? I have an old computer with a Radeon 8500, each new Catalyst ...

GP 10: Check printing format problems
When printing a check from the Payables Transaction Entry window, the check does not print with the same alignment from different workstations, eventhough the same printer and check format is used on all workstations. By alignment I mean the pay to name, check date, and check numerical amount are in different positions. Would a different operating system be the cause of this, some have XP others have Vista or would there be another reason for this? Yes, absolutely - a different printer driver can cause this. However, usually it will be a slight difference in alignment, so if they are ...

Conditional formatting based on an equal value in another workshee
I have a large spreadsheet with part numbers and prices. Have a second worksheet with part numbers and special prices. I want to have the first sheet cell to format bold/colur if the part number appears in the special list in the second sheet which is dynamic. Parts are being added or removed over time. Both partnumbers are in column B. -- Jack Create a defined name (Insert>Name>Define...) for the list in the other sheet, then use a formula of =ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2,the_list,0)) -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) &q...

losing animation in Outlook emails when saving
When I try to save animated pictures in emails (not placed as attachments) the only choice I get is a bmp file. Because of this, I then have to re-save to a gif from another photo program. The problem is I lose the animations. Is this maybe as simple as changing a setting in Outlook? I use Outlook 2003. When you get the save box. Even thought the only file extension it gives you in .bmp, ignore it. Leave that as it is and in the File Name box type filename.gif and it should (In theory) ignore the .bmp and save it as a GIF file. This should then keep the animation going Regards Ash. ...

#name? error after saving excel spreadsheet as web page
I have written an excel spreadsheet that takes advantage of a fair number of excel functions. When I save as a web page with interactivity, I am getting #name? errors from a number of the functions in the spreadsheet (including if statements and lookups). I am using Excel 2002 on Windows XP with IE 6.0. Any suggestions on how to fix this? ...

Number format code
I can't seem to figure this one 21 1/2" vs. 21 " I am trying to create a custom format number code showing the inch hash marks after the number. My problem is when a whole number is input the space between the number and hash marks are annoyingly too far apart. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You could use conditional formatting using the a formula such as: =INT(A1)=A1 custom format as #\" and =INT(A1)<>A1 custom format as # ?/?\" 21 will be formatted as 21" and 21.5 as 21 1/2" Tyro "Woodbutche...

how to import PDF in Publisher 2003
I have created a website in publisher 2003. I have also created several PDF files that need to be downloaded from my website by my students. However, when i insert all hyperlinks and publish the website, the hyperlinks for the PDF files do not work at all. I have tried hyperlinks linking to the documents on my harddrive and to my network folder. I have gone through several discussion groups now but no one seems to have the answer. The only thing I have seen so far is that I need to import my PDF files into my website and then save or publish my website to the web. However, I do not know hwo to...

how do i open publisher 2003 files using publisher 2000
Hi I've done some work on Publisher 2003 using someone elses computer. Just wondering if there is anyway I can open the file using Publisher 2000 without having to re-save using Publisher 2003 Hi Tony (Tony@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Hi || I've done some work on Publisher 2003 using someone elses computer. || Just wondering if there is anyway I can open the file using || Publisher 2000 without having to re-save using Publisher 2003 No. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provide...

Duplication still "being published"
Hi, I've upgraded CRM to 4.0; the 3 default duplicate detection rules for account, contact and lead have the status "Being published"; this is so for 3 days now. I cannot use the rules because CRM tells me that there are no rules published. What can do about this? I've created a new rule and published it but it has the same status and is not being changed in "Published". Regards, -- if it all works without errors then where is the challange? Hi Philippe Please check whether MS CRM Asynchronous service is working properly or not. "Philippe" wrot...