Publisher Question #2

How do I save a group of images/pictures as one image/picture so I can use it
in other software programs, such as Quickbooks?
0
Nikki (101)

Nikki <Nikki@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> How do I save a group of images/pictures as one image/picture so I
> can use it in other software programs, such as Quickbooks?

Select them, Group them, right-click > Save as Picture

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
5/2/2006 7:28:07 AM
This is what I have done in the past but the version of Publisher I have now
(2000) does not show "Save as Picture".

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Nikki <Nikki@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
> utter:
> > How do I save a group of images/pictures as one image/picture so I
> > can use it in other software programs, such as Quickbooks?
>
> Select them, Group them, right-click > Save as Picture
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
Nikki (101)
5/2/2006 8:12:01 AM
Nikki wrote:
> How do I save a group of images/pictures as one
> image/picture so I can use it in other software programs,
> such as Quickbooks?
Edit / Select All...Edit / Copy...
Paste into...Windows Paint...
File / Save As...JPEG

--

John Inzer

0
oobie (2069)
5/2/2006 8:16:49 AM
Nikki <Nikki@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> This is what I have done in the past but the version of Publisher I
> have now (2000) does not show "Save as Picture".

Ah.

This feature is only available in Publisher 2002 and later, and is only
useful in Publisher 2003 and later.

You could copy the elements, paste them into a new publication, print a PDF
file, and convert the PDF file to a high-resolution image.  (John's method
will work, but will not give a terribly good resolution)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)

how do I open files from other versions in Publisher 98?
I have Publisher 98, and am trying to open a Publisher file emailed to me from someone else. I don't know what version they have, but I would guess it's from Windows ME, because I know they don't have XP. And when I try to open it in my Publisher, it says, "Publisher cannot open files from a different version". Is there any update or anything I can download to fix this, or do I have to buy a different version, or is there a way the other person could save their file so that I could open it? Thanks very much. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look...

Historical Excel question re: statistical capabilities
Does anyone know approximately when Excel started shipping with statistical functions built in- or know how I can find out? In the pre-spreadsheet days of my computing past, I used BASIC to code statistical functions necessary for my profession. As spreadsheets became more advanced, we all transitioned to using the advanced functionality. My question is when did this occur? Did Excel always have its current complement of statistical functions? Thanks slingsh0t@hotmail.com shared this with us in microsoft.public.excel.misc: > Does anyone know approximately when Excel started shipping...

"TOOLS" menu missing from menu bar #2
"TOOLS" menu is completely missing from the menu bar in Publisher 2003. How do I put it back? Might try a "detect and repair" Meanwhile, right-click a toolbar, click customize, scroll down to built-in menus, drag the tools menu to your toolbar. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Anil Gupta" <AnilGupta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C7ADC1E-A6E9-4F01-8C06-01B92AC7B97B@microsoft.com... > "TOOLS" menu is completely missing from the menu bar in Publisher 20...

Creating a Combination Bar Chart with 2 Lines
I am trying to create a bar chart with 2 line series. The Y-axis for the vertical bars would be on the left and the Y-axis for the 2 line series would be on the right (3 series were defined). The horizontal axis for all series are calendar months (Jan, Feb, etc.) Every time I setup the chart my chart only displays a single line, ignoring the other line series. The vertical bars come out fine. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong? Thanks Bill Falzone Don't use the built in types. Make the chart using all columns. Select a series that you want to change (click on it right in th...

Vista, MS Access 2003 and MS ADO Ext 6.0 vs 2.x
I am running into an issue with MS Access 2003 installed on Vista. Apparantly in the MS ADO Ext 6.0 version either (format, round, or sum) is not in that DLL. However, when I link to v2.8 of the DLL, I don't have an issue. I am getting the following error message when running my query. "Function is not available in expressions in query expressions." Does anyone have other workarounds? I am distributing this application in an MDE format, so I was wondering if the end users may experience issues, if I link to my version of msadox.dll instead of the installed version. I tried s...

can I add a link in Publisher to display, "join our email list"?
I am creating a fairly simply website and need to add a button for visitors to join our email list. Is this possible in Publisher? Please post your question in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign or http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&lang=en&cr=US Always include the version of Publisher you are using, the URL of your site and as much detail as possible. DavidF "mfreecox" <mfreecox@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Cannot Start Outlook #2
I have just run the auomatic windows update on my local PC and now Outlook 2000 will not start. It just hangs at the splash screen. Outlook is configured to connect to Exchange. Other PCs on the same Lan which have not been updated can still connect. The updates installed were 824141, 823182, 826232, 825119, 828035, 828749. I have unistalled all of these updates and Outlook still will not start. Any ideas? Does it start if you run this command from the command line, go to Start > Run > type "outlook /safe" without the quotes but with the space before the Forward slash &...

2 Email domains w/2 Act. Dir. Domains - Same Forest
Hello, Scenario: We've had domain1.com (AD) setup and running in exchange 2003 for a year now w/mixed win2k and win2k3 servers - email domain name is the same, domain1. OWA works great and haven't had any problems. Our company is branching out into a new business segment and I've created a new active dir. domain within the same forest, domain2.local. It is NOT a child domain, but does sit under the same forest. I need to configure my front end/back end exchange 2003 boxes to do the following: -receive email for both email domains (domain1.com and domain2.com) -let users...

Search Multiple Worksheets #2
Is there a way to search trough multiple worksheets for a specific value? Other posts have mentioned to use VBA, but I have never used that before. If anyone can give me some advice on using that or a type of formula to perform that can search multiple worksheets. Thank You There may be other ways but, while holding down the ctrl key select each of the worksheet tabs you want to search in then select Edit|Find from the menu. Type in the value you want and it will go to the first instance of that value. Now if you are wanting to preserve a specifice value for reference or ???, then...

Anyway to open a Publisher 2002 file in Publisher 2000?
I need to open this file for a project tomorrow. I have Publisher 2000, but I think the file sent to me was done in Publisher 2002 or 2003? The person who sent it to me is out of town until Thursday, so I can't have them resave it or resend it. Any ideas Thanks! In news:11BBD624-9460-465D-88EE-60230ADB1F33@microsoft.com, buck <create007@yahoo.com> posted: > I need to open this file for a project tomorrow. I have Publisher > 2000, but I think the file sent to me was done in Publisher 2002 or > 2003? The person who sent it to me is out of town until Thursday, so > I ...

Printing Question
I have a report that I have been doing in Excel but is better done in Access. However, the report is too large to print on a single page and that is a necessity. With Excel, I just adjusted the scaling. I can't seem to do that with Access I've also tried exporting from Access to Excel, but the calculated fields are not exported. Any suggestions on how I can print the report on one page? Sorry, when I posted, it said there was an error and that I should try posting later. "randlesc" wrote: > I have a report that I have been doing in Excel but is bett...

Question about "Float Invalid Operation"
I've got an app written in C++, in some c'tor I wish to set a member variable as "quiet not a number" #define QNAN (HUGE/HUGE) class CTest : public ... { double m_dTest; } CTest::CTest() { m_dTest = QNAN; // mark } Runs fine under NT based Windows. A customer however installed the app at a Win98 machine and it crashed with some 0xC0000090 "Float Invalid Operation" error at the marked line. So here are my questions about this: 1. Does Win9x handle HUGE/HUGE other than NT based systems? 2. Is it likely that the error occurs only at...

Noob Question For Selecting Multiple Fields On A Form
Hello... In versions earlier than 2007 I would be able to go to the Menu Bar and click Edit -> Select All to select all fields on the form. Now, my question is... where in 2007 did the put that functionality? If Microsoft removed it from there... where did they recreate it? Thanks! Squirrel "SQLSQUIRREL" <SQLSQUIRREL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:333547A1-9C6A-422B-9CD5-97D79D6037DF@microsoft.com... > Hello... > > In versions earlier than 2007 I would be able to go to the Menu Bar and > click Edit -> Select All to se...

print area #2
i cannot clear print area. when i select the print area and 'file', 'print area',the options are not available. any suggestions? When you use this command, Excel creates a range "print_area". Try deleting that range. Stan Scott New York City "bronxxbabe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78dc01c476a2$31509280$a401280a@phx.gbl... > i cannot clear print area. when i select the print area > and 'file', 'print area',the options are not available. > any suggestions? Perhaps you have two or more ...

HTTP Error 401.2
Hi, I have installed MS CRM 1.2 on my Domain controller running windows 2003 standard server and email router on exchange 2003. My local ip subnet is 172.0.0.x With ms vpn connection, I can access to ms crm by using outlook 2003 or internet explorer by opening the default ms crm page remotely. However, if i connect to ms crm with different subnet 10.0.0.x, i cannot connect to ms crm. 10.0.0.x subnet is routed to 172.0.0.x, where my users normally login email from the exchange 2003. What puzzle me is why i can authenticate from exchange 2003 but not ms crm server on using the same...

backup same set of servers from 2 DPM 2007 servers
I am changing the DPM server 2007. However, I would like to take this opportunity to revise all protection groups so that I can restore bare-metal any server from a single lTO-4 tape if possible. During this "transitional period," I would like to leave the existing backup settings on the older DPM server to continue to run while adding jobs to the new DPM server. Looks like to me that I have to re-install the agent on all servers so that they can be recognized by the new DPM server. IS there a better way to do this if my plan is possible at all? Thanks Bill ...

Mailbox Manager questions
Hello, We are running Exchange 2003, sp1. Is there a tutorial somewhere that shows how to specificy groups/users for the mailbox management selection. When I get into the window to select users, it doesn't select them the way I'm asking. i.e. I try and select a security group and it selects a few users. I also can't seem to select multiple users correctly. Lastly, we would like to archive old Calendar items. The problem seems to be that if we archive recurring meetings that they will get deleted on future items. Thanks, Sun ...

Urgent Question Please Help: Credit Card Setup Problem
We have an urgent question regarding credit card setup/cash receipts/bank rec We understand that in Great Plains when setting up a Credit Card to be used by a Customer, it must be setup as a "Bank Card", not a "Charge Card", in order for the transaction to hit Bank Rec. However, we mistakenly setup all the Credit Cards as "Charge Cards", therefore after posting Credit Card Cash Receipt transactions in Receivables, the transaction does not appear in Bank Rec for us to perform Bank Deposits. Please Please Help!!! Is there any way to "fix" those pos...

moving publisher #2
I bought a computer with publisher bundled (no cd). Now I want to put it on my new laptop. How do I move it from the desktop computer to the laptop???? Cliff without the source CD...you don't. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Cliff" <Cliff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:336C1CBE-2A51-4B62-B83D-46C35C557B74@microsoft.com... > I bought a computer with publisher bundled (no cd). Now I want to put it > on > my new laptop. How do I move it from the desktop computer to the > laptop???? > > Cliff I...

Average speed #2
Hi all Having trouble working out average speed. miles in a1 =14.3 time in B1 = 0:50:23 this cell has been formatted to HH:MM:SS The formula A1/B1 brings back the wrong answer if I alter to A1/(B1*24) still does not work correctly. Advise please. Thanks Jon "jon" <jon@nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4659eb9a$1_1@glkas0286.greenlnk.net... > Hi all > Having trouble working out average speed. > > miles in a1 =14.3 > time in B1 = 0:50:23 this cell has been formatted to HH:MM:SS > > The formula A1/B1 brings back the wrong answer if I al...

Y Axis #2
I have two questions regarding the 'y' axis - in a normal line graph Firstly, how do i get the 'y' axis to appear in the middle of the graph IE to cross the 'x' axis at (0,0) instead of currently (in my graph) (-10,0) Secondly how do i plot the line "X =2" which should just be a vertical line on the graph? I'm using Microsoft Excel 2007 any help would be appreciated. Thanks Hi, Not able to test in xl2007 but from memory it should be the same as xl2003. For a line chart, select the x axis and open the format dialog. On the scale tab set Value (Y) axi...

Printing on 2 sides of a page?
How can I print a 2 page spreadsheet on the front and back of the same sheet of paper? Using Excel 2008. Thanks! It depends on whether your printer supports duplex printing. Check your printer's features to find out. If it does, the setting will be available in the Print dialog. You can also do a "manual duplex" job by printing page 1 (or 'Odd pages'), flipping the paper yourself, then print page 2 (or 'Even pages')... If it's only 2 pages that might be the simplest approach. -- HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac "Rick"...

Keeps asking for password #2
I have followed all of the instructions given previously, I have deleted and recreated my e-mail account but Outlook 2002 (Windows XP) still keeps asking me for user ID and password every time it tries to send / recieve. The strange thing is that I have two accounts and this is only a problem with one of them. one of your accounts is set to ask formy outgoing server requires authentication, see under tools ...accounts... send...and then advanced email settings, or just double click on the email accunt , it wil give you the properties, take it from there it should be the settings should ...

Question about formula or marco
Hi all, Here is what I need to do: Column B will have a list of first names (John), Column C will have last names (Smith). What kind of formula or macro do I need so that I can have Column A read "jsmith" (all lower case)? Any ideas? Thanks very much. Try this formula in Cell A1:- =LOWER(CONCATENATE(LEFT(B1),C1)) "Gus Jae" <gusjae@verizon.net> wrote in message news:dn8Ue.186$sk2.153@trndny03... > Hi all, > Here is what I need to do: > Column B will have a list of first names (John), Column C will have last > names (Smith). > What kind of formu...