publisher - printing options

when printing business cards in Publisher I can only get 4 cards per A4 page.
How do get a full page of business cards (standard/default size) please
0
bizz (1)

What version Publisher?
File, page setup, business card (9cm x 5.08cm), click change copies per sheet.
Side margin 1.5cm
Top margin 2.15cm
gaps--zero.

Early versions of Publisher you type the dimensions when you are ready to print.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"miket the bizz" <miket the bizz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when printing business cards in Publisher I can only get 4 cards per A4 page.
> How do get a full page of business cards (standard/default size) please

0
mary-sauer (6480)

MS CRM 4.0 Print Quote to Customer Mail Merge
Trying to print a quote for a customer with multiple line items in the new MS CRM 4.0 using the mail merge. When I start the merge it imports the line items as seperate recipients and creates a new page for each line item. Is there a way set up the merge so that the line items all print on a single page for a quote. I guess I also need to address that if the total number of line items exceed the space allowed on a sinle page then they need to rollover to a new page. Any help would be greatly appreciated. William Hi William I have been struggling with this for a while now and I w...

How to covert Publisher Millenium to Publisher XP? New computer..
I recently purchased Microsoft Word XP and my Publisher files won't convert over - the spacing is all wrong when it is opened. How do I make the old system (Millinium Edition) compatable so I don't have to redesign everything? Huh? You bought Word 2002 and now your Publisher won't convert? 1. Convert to what? 2. Which version of Publisher? (We'll start with that and go from there.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "NOVA girl" <NOVA girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51EFC095-1EC7-4F39-8828-03101D403EE0@microsoft.com... >...

Publisher 2000 #48
I am trying to write a book and the only thing close to what I am looking for in my Publisher program is the Catalog format. After I got everything the way I wanted and started, I got to page 8 and when I went back I noticed that everything I typed on page 6 had replaced what I put on page 2. Why is this and how do I fix it. When you do a booklet in 2000, you need to specify special fold, book fold, landscape in File, Page setup. You must be using the catalog wizard, you are going through a lot of needless trouble to setup a book. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "llowen...

veiwing publisher created document
a friend sent me a document that was created using publisher. how can i view it if i dont have publisher. please help Have the sender send it to you in pdf form. Or, have someone who has Publisher open and print it for you. Or, you'll need to get Publisher. -- Don Vancouver USA "Eruption" <Eruption@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDECF956-F2B7-4FAC-B433-187382048180@microsoft.com... >a friend sent me a document that was created using publisher. how can i >view > it if i dont have publisher. please help > ok. thank you for the promp...

Disappearing Graphics in Publisher
I receive publisher files from another source to modify for my own needs. Sometimes when I modify the file, save it and then open it later the graphics and some other materials that were there previously have disappeared!! Help!! Could be that your video driver needs updated. That will do some really fluky things. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "bdsweeney" <bdsweeney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC0F4C5F-037F-4317-8312-5707AF400E4B@microsoft.com... >I receive publisher files from another source to modify for my own needs. > Sometim...

How do I Print the properties of a Visio ER Diagram
I created a database diagram and want to print out just the properties of each object. Like the table that shows up when you select columns from the property window. Is this possible? hi, I managed to set my ER diagram to shows all the properties by setting the columns database properties to Physical Datatype. Also set the Database Document Options > Data Type > Show Physical. After set all these, I can view my ERD with all the fields included the strcuture and print with it. Rgds Masita "cgin58" <cgin58@discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message news:CE23A74F-18...

Excel Options aren't sticking
I have to go in every session to reset my "Excel Options" so that page breaks are shown (it's under Advanced). Why does this not stay set when I exit? I'm sure it was a design choice by the developer. Personally, I like that choice. But if I want to see the page breaks, I don't go through the menus to turn it on. I just hit the print preview button. LWilkinson wrote: > > I have to go in every session to reset my "Excel Options" so that page breaks > are shown (it's under Advanced). Why does this not stay set when I exit? -- Dave Pete...

Import word to publisher
Can anyone instruct me as to how to import a MS Word 03 brochure into MS Publisher 03? I have tried the import under File-Import from Word, but nothing comes up after its down, just a blank page. Setup your page in Publisher as a brochure, copy/paste from Word. Might try "paste special" to get better results. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "teddkilroy" <teddkilroy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96B6BA61-C059-4B8E-A071-FE7C94F66681@microsoft.com... > Can anyone instr...

I have publisher 2002 but isn't recognised by vista
I have downloaded my publisher 2002 onto new computer with Vista. Although I can go through the publisher icon and open all my old publisher documents, I can't open them by double clicking on them and publisher doesn't show up in browse if right click and open with selected. MATZ wrote: > I have downloaded my publisher 2002 onto new computer with Vista. > Although I can go through the publisher icon and open all my old > publisher documents, I can't open them by double clicking on them and > publisher doesn't show up in browse if right click and open with > s...

In Excel
Am unable to scroll uisng Mouse Scoller.Please let me know the option to enable this. Is the window pane frozen? --JP On Aug 4, 7:38=A0am, Rojas <Ro...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Am unable to scroll uisng Mouse Scoller.Please let me know the option to > enable this. ...

Importing into Publisher w/o Background
We have jpegs that we want to cut out in Adobe Photoshop and import into Publisher without a background. You can make a clipping path in Adobe Photoshop that defines which area to include and which area to discard, but I'm not sure if Publisher supports clipping paths or not. Probably not because it's MicroSoft, not Adobe. A .gif won't work because its a photographic image. We basically want to isolate a product shot from its background and place it on a new varied background in Publisher without seeing the 'block' rectangular shape of the product image's b...

Printing Speed
Hi I am using a macro in Excel 97 to move fields from a record to a print template on a second sheet and then print it using the 'ActiveSheet.PrintOut' function. The macro loops through 100 records, scheduling the reports but takes forever to print them. There was a post some time ago with a similar problem and the suggestion was to disable the refresh screen or something like that. Any suggestions please. Charles Hi, Charles. If you're watching the screen perform the task, you can turn it "off". Place this line just before your print code: Application.ScreenUpdati...

JPEG image in message will not print
I've inserted a jpeg image in the body of my outlook 2000 message which can be seen by both sender & reciepient but it will not print as part of the message . I get that red "X" in a small box instead. How can I fix this so an inserted image can print? ARe you using Word as your message editor? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Colin...

publisher #70
How or can I scan a program into publisher and be able to edit it? I have been asked to do this and have never used this program. Can you please help????/ Thank you very much. Jen When a persons states they want to "scan" something into a computer they are talking about creating a bit image of the original document. These can not be edited within Publisher but only a graphic editing program. If you want to scan a document to be editable it needs to be "scanned" into an Optical Character Recognition (OCR) program like OmniPage, Microsoft Document Imaging (free wi...

Wrapping text around pictures in MS Publisher 2003.
I knew exactly how to do this in Publisher 2000 but 2003 defaets me completely. I've seen all the previous postings on this and the answers given. Is there a fix for this on MS update pages? -- Peter J Aldersley (aka bubbles) BEDWORTH England If you have a border on your publication, send it to the back and then apply your wraps. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "bubbles" <bubbles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98FC4EDC-24CC-432E-8CD6-D7DD8CC37B70@microsoft.com... >I knew e...

List Box Options
I'm designing a form that's used for tracking training for various individuals, and their names were added to the simple list box. My question is how do I show the selected names from the list box in the database column marked "Names"? All I wnt to accomplish when I'm done is a report that shows how many trainings each individual attended the date of the trainings an it's topic. -- Scott Scott: Your going to have to have a criteria in order to tell it what you want done. "Scott" wrote: > I'm designing a form that's used for tracking ...

I want to print BCC & Attachement
When I send a bcc: and an attachment I would like to go to my Sent Items box and be able to print a hard copy showing the bcc: and the name of the attachment. Any advise ...

How to do a Merge in order to print mailing labels
HELP I'm working on a Mac iBook running on OS 9.2. I have Microsoft Word 98 and Microsoft Excel 98. I purchased Avery Clear Mailing Labels which say "use 8660 software layout". Each 8.5 x 11 sheet has 3 columns and 10 rows for a total of 30 labels. I have an Excel Worksheet entitled AveryLabels.xls in which: Column A:First Column B: Last Column C: Street Column D: City Column E: State Column F: ZIP SO, 6 columns of mailing address info and I have 46 rows worth of addresses. Will I be able to print the first 30 addresses on one sheet of labels and the remaining 16 on a second sh...

Disabling the View code option
How to disable the view code option for the worksheets . This is to prevent the user of the workbook from seeing the code. I know that a password can be kept , but disabling it seems to be a better option. Your comments/ suggestion are welcome... --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ If it is the formulae contained in the cells of your worksheet that you want hidden then you need to select the cells concerned and then using <Format><Cells> select the Protection tab and ensure that the Locked and Hidden boxes both have ticks in them. You then pasword lock the shee...

Printing a full booklet
I have been trying to print a booklet from Publisher 2007 since I upgraded my software in July. It is 52 pages and 4.25 inches by 5.5 inches. The booklet does not print out the middle pages with the correct printer settings. I am only able to print out my document in Publisher 2003. Even when printing the document in Adobe as a pdf the middle pages are not recognized. Can anyone help me? Antoinette Is your stock 4.25 x 5.5? When you say "correct printer settings", what do you mean? Are you using a duplex unit or are you manually turning over the sheets? When you go to t...

Do not want print notification to display when I print
When I send a document to print a notification baloon comes up on the screen to say that this document was sent to the printer and it really annoys me. How do I get rid of it please? On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 16:57:02 -0800, heather <heather@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I send a document to print a notification baloon comes up on the screen >to say that this document was sent to the printer and it really annoys me. >How do I get rid of it please? This is a Windows issue, not a Word one. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308217, "How To Enable or ...

How do I print preview a document in color?
My Print Preview only displays docuemnts in black and white. What printer are you using? My guess is you only have the drivers for a black laser printer installed. If not, try updating your printer drivers. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Maria" <Maria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6ED58142-E6C4-4F1F-B3BC-7A1268842A48@microsoft.com... > My Print Preview only displays docuemnts in black and white. ...

Big list colums naming and repeating when printing
I have a list. How do I set up column names that will repeat in every page when I print like headers? File | Page Setup | Sheet. From there you can designate the Row that contains your headings to repeat on each page. tj "MaR" wrote: > I have a list. How do I set up column names that will repeat in every page > when I print like headers? ...

Outlook 2003 not printing attachment list
All users running Outlook 2003, with SP3 on Windows XP Pro SP3, no add-ins installed. All additional Windows and Office updates done as well. Some users can print the attachment list for HTML messages, while others cannot. One difference is a few users have the Outlook security set to Internet zone (they cannot print the list) while the rest have it set to Restricted zone (and can print the list). I didn't think that would be the issue keeping them from printing the attachment list. Any other possibilities. Thanks in advance. ...

Prevent cells from re-sizing when using pivot drop down option
I know how to keep a chart from being re-sized when for instance i select the filter option from a Pivot table ( my chart uses data from the pivot) But when using the filter option in pivot tables often the column width changes for the new data. I want to know if and how to stop that from happening (like i can in chart fixing). any help truly appreciated. Val ...