Publisher only prints black pictures?

I have Microsoft Publisher 2003 and am trying to complete a catalog merge.  I
have completed the work and the print preview looks great, but when I print
the photos, black squares are printed.  Has anyone else had this problem?
I've inserted clip art and the colors will print without a problem. I've also
reduced the photos to less than 20kb but still can't seem to fix it.  Thanks
in advance for the help!!!!
0
Rich (271)

Are the images .tiff's? See if saving in a different format in your editing program
makes a difference.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Microsoft Publisher 2003 and am trying to complete a catalog merge.  I
> have completed the work and the print preview looks great, but when I print
> the photos, black squares are printed.  Has anyone else had this problem?
> I've inserted clip art and the colors will print without a problem. I've also
> reduced the photos to less than 20kb but still can't seem to fix it.  Thanks
> in advance for the help!!!!

0
gsauer (5093)
1/31/2006 9:16:52 AM
I am having the same problem except that it DID print business cards
correctly several times BEFORE starting with the back squares. On the
Publisher print preview it looks fine, but after it RIPs up to the HP
Photosmart 8750 dialog box Print Preview - the pictures have vanished. They
are NOT tiffs- they are jpgs (I've tried both RGB and CMYK modes). Pictures
are fine on screen - but don't print. Previously we did a (REPAIR) on
Publisher after getting errors because earlier we got an -out of virtual
memory- (but it is small file 2MB) and also got a "Need postscript driver to
print CMYK separations" (but it is not a postscript printer). ALL other
applications are printing correctly (Illustrator, Photoshop, FreeHand,
MSExcel, MSWord, MSIE, etc). I need to print from Publisher for the office
business cards.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Are the images .tiff's? See if saving in a different format in your editing program
> makes a difference.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have Microsoft Publisher 2003 and am trying to complete a catalog merge.  I
> > have completed the work and the print preview looks great, but when I print
> > the photos, black squares are printed.  Has anyone else had this problem?
> > I've inserted clip art and the colors will print without a problem. I've also
> > reduced the photos to less than 20kb but still can't seem to fix it.  Thanks
> > in advance for the help!!!!

0
Dean1 (103)
2/14/2006 9:57:27 PM
Have you checked for a newer driver? Go to the Printer and Fax folder,
right-click your printer, printing preferences, color tab, is grayscale
selected?

HP Photosmart 8750 Professional Series Printers - Wrong Colors
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?dlc=en&lc=en&product=426109&lang=en&cc=us&docname=c00293487

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"DEAN" <DEAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having the same problem except that it DID print business cards
> correctly several times BEFORE starting with the back squares. On the
> Publisher print preview it looks fine, but after it RIPs up to the HP
> Photosmart 8750 dialog box Print Preview - the pictures have vanished. They
> are NOT tiffs- they are jpgs (I've tried both RGB and CMYK modes). Pictures
> are fine on screen - but don't print. Previously we did a (REPAIR) on
> Publisher after getting errors because earlier we got an -out of virtual
> memory- (but it is small file 2MB) and also got a "Need postscript driver to
> print CMYK separations" (but it is not a postscript printer). ALL other
> applications are printing correctly (Illustrator, Photoshop, FreeHand,
> MSExcel, MSWord, MSIE, etc). I need to print from Publisher for the office
> business cards.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Are the images .tiff's? See if saving in a different format in your editing
>> program
>> makes a difference.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have Microsoft Publisher 2003 and am trying to complete a catalog merge.
>> > have completed the work and the print preview looks great, but when I print
>> > the photos, black squares are printed.  Has anyone else had this problem?
>> > I've inserted clip art and the colors will print without a problem. I've
>> > also
>> > reduced the photos to less than 20kb but still can't seem to fix it.
>> > Thanks
>> > in advance for the help!!!!

0
gsauer (5093)
2/14/2006 10:23:19 PM
I did manage to fix the problem and found out that the photos were in CMYK
format and it was unable to print them.  After I changed them to the RGB
format through Photoshop they printed up without any problems

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Have you checked for a newer driver? Go to the Printer and Fax folder,
> right-click your printer, printing preferences, color tab, is grayscale
> selected?
>
> HP Photosmart 8750 Professional Series Printers - Wrong Colors
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?dlc=en&lc=en&product=426109&lang=en&cc=us&docname=c00293487
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "DEAN" <DEAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am having the same problem except that it DID print business cards
> > correctly several times BEFORE starting with the back squares. On the
> > Publisher print preview it looks fine, but after it RIPs up to the HP
> > Photosmart 8750 dialog box Print Preview - the pictures have vanished. They
> > are NOT tiffs- they are jpgs (I've tried both RGB and CMYK modes). Pictures
> > are fine on screen - but don't print. Previously we did a (REPAIR) on
> > Publisher after getting errors because earlier we got an -out of virtual
> > memory- (but it is small file 2MB) and also got a "Need postscript driver to
> > print CMYK separations" (but it is not a postscript printer). ALL other
> > applications are printing correctly (Illustrator, Photoshop, FreeHand,
> > MSExcel, MSWord, MSIE, etc). I need to print from Publisher for the office
> > business cards.
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Are the images .tiff's? See if saving in a different format in your editing
> >> program
> >> makes a difference.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> "Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Rich (271)
2/15/2006 2:01:27 AM
Grayscale is NOT selected.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Have you checked for a newer driver? Go to the Printer and Fax folder,
> right-click your printer, printing preferences, color tab, is grayscale
> selected?
>
> HP Photosmart 8750 Professional Series Printers - Wrong Colors
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?dlc=en&lc=en&product=426109&lang=en&cc=us&docname=c00293487
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "DEAN" <DEAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am having the same problem except that it DID print business cards
> > correctly several times BEFORE starting with the back squares. On the
> > Publisher print preview it looks fine, but after it RIPs up to the HP
> > Photosmart 8750 dialog box Print Preview - the pictures have vanished. They
> > are NOT tiffs- they are jpgs (I've tried both RGB and CMYK modes). Pictures
> > are fine on screen - but don't print. Previously we did a (REPAIR) on
> > Publisher after getting errors because earlier we got an -out of virtual
> > memory- (but it is small file 2MB) and also got a "Need postscript driver to
> > print CMYK separations" (but it is not a postscript printer). ALL other
> > applications are printing correctly (Illustrator, Photoshop, FreeHand,
> > MSExcel, MSWord, MSIE, etc). I need to print from Publisher for the office
> > business cards.
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Are the images .tiff's? See if saving in a different format in your editing
> >> program
> >> makes a difference.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> "Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Dean1 (103)
2/15/2006 3:29:29 PM
Rich - 1) Are you saying that you had to change the color mode (CMYK-to-RGB)
in the source file (in Photoshop)?? That seems real odd - most files from
clients come to me in CMYK. 2) Did you also fiddle with any of the output
(CMYK to RGB) selections in: a) the printer software or/and b) MSPublisher
preferences?

"Rich" wrote:

> I did manage to fix the problem and found out that the photos were in CMYK
> format and it was unable to print them.  After I changed them to the RGB
> format through Photoshop they printed up without any problems
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
> > Have you checked for a newer driver? Go to the Printer and Fax folder,
> > right-click your printer, printing preferences, color tab, is grayscale
> > selected?
> >
> > HP Photosmart 8750 Professional Series Printers - Wrong Colors
> > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?dlc=en&lc=en&product=426109&lang=en&cc=us&docname=c00293487
> >
> > --
> > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >
> > "DEAN" <DEAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I am having the same problem except that it DID print business cards
> > > correctly several times BEFORE starting with the back squares. On the
> > > Publisher print preview it looks fine, but after it RIPs up to the HP
> > > Photosmart 8750 dialog box Print Preview - the pictures have vanished. They
> > > are NOT tiffs- they are jpgs (I've tried both RGB and CMYK modes). Pictures
> > > are fine on screen - but don't print. Previously we did a (REPAIR) on
> > > Publisher after getting errors because earlier we got an -out of virtual
> > > memory- (but it is small file 2MB) and also got a "Need postscript driver to
> > > print CMYK separations" (but it is not a postscript printer). ALL other
> > > applications are printing correctly (Illustrator, Photoshop, FreeHand,
> > > MSExcel, MSWord, MSIE, etc). I need to print from Publisher for the office
> > > business cards.

0
Dean1 (103)
2/15/2006 3:36:28 PM
Rich/Mary:  Ok - I did the source mode change in Photoshop to RGB with
success. Oddly - it previously printed 3x before without that mode change
(same photo/same file). NOW the question is -  is this behavior pravalent in
all versions of MSPublisher OR is it specific to the printer used?

"Rich" wrote:

> I have Microsoft Publisher 2003 and am trying to complete a catalog merge.  I
> have completed the work and the print preview looks great, but when I print
> the photos, black squares are printed.  Has anyone else had this problem?
> I've inserted clip art and the colors will print without a problem. I've also
> reduced the photos to less than 20kb but still can't seem to fix it.  Thanks
> in advance for the help!!!!
0
Dean1 (103)
2/15/2006 3:41:27 PM
DEAN <DEAN@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> Rich - 1) Are you saying that you had to change the color mode
> (CMYK-to-RGB) in the source file (in Photoshop)?? That seems real odd
> - most files from clients come to me in CMYK. 2) Did you also fiddle
> with any of the output (CMYK to RGB) selections in: a) the printer
> software or/and b) MSPublisher preferences?

Publisher cannot usually print files that are in CMYK format.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
2/15/2006 4:12:29 PM
Ed- Using Photoshop to change the mode of the source photo to RGB works
HOWEVER if MSPublisher operationally 'prefers' RGB source photos - wouldn't
it have that conversion interface 'built-in'? The end problem in this is that
while my client photographers prefer RGB - my publish/print clientel prefer
the CMYK gamut (to match end product).

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> DEAN <DEAN@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> > Rich - 1) Are you saying that you had to change the color mode
> > (CMYK-to-RGB) in the source file (in Photoshop)?? That seems real odd
> > - most files from clients come to me in CMYK. 2) Did you also fiddle
> > with any of the output (CMYK to RGB) selections in: a) the printer
> > software or/and b) MSPublisher preferences?
>
> Publisher cannot usually print files that are in CMYK format.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
Dean1 (103)
2/15/2006 6:01:27 PM
DEAN <DEAN@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> Ed- Using Photoshop to change the mode of the source photo to RGB
> works HOWEVER if MSPublisher operationally 'prefers' RGB source
> photos - wouldn't it have that conversion interface 'built-in'? The
> end problem in this is that while my client photographers prefer RGB
> - my publish/print clientel prefer the CMYK gamut (to match end
> product).

If you're going to be going via Publisher, CMYK input won't do anything
towards matching the end product.  Publisher works in RGB internally as far
as pictures are concerned, as do all Windows printer drivers.  If you go to
CMYK Composite at the end, then Publisher will convert RGB to CMYK at that
point, after potentially already having converted CMYK to RGB.  This entails
an extra conversion, reducing the quality, not enhancing it.

If you want to go from CMYK source through the DTP application to CMYK
press, then you are using the wrong program.

Publisher has no CMYK conversion.  Hell, it can barely handle all the
different types of RGB images out there (particularly variants of TIFF
files, and alpha transparency)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
2/15/2006 6:14:40 PM
Ed- Unfortunately - my lower-end clients (realtors mostly) use Publisher with
LOTS of home/house photos. I've tried to get them to switch to pro-DTP's
(InDesign/Illustrator/Quark) that I get from inhouse Corporations or the ad
and design agencies. Until then I will effect a policy of checking and
changing the default modes to RGB on their pictures (mixed bag of RGB and
CMYK modes usually - some digital photos, some scans and some existing from
previous uses) - I just do final resizing and placements into the MSPublisher
documents.

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> DEAN <DEAN@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> > Ed- Using Photoshop to change the mode of the source photo to RGB
> > works HOWEVER if MSPublisher operationally 'prefers' RGB source
> > photos - wouldn't it have that conversion interface 'built-in'? The
> > end problem in this is that while my client photographers prefer RGB
> > - my publish/print clientel prefer the CMYK gamut (to match end
> > product).
>
> If you're going to be going via Publisher, CMYK input won't do anything
> towards matching the end product.  Publisher works in RGB internally as far
> as pictures are concerned, as do all Windows printer drivers.  If you go to
> CMYK Composite at the end, then Publisher will convert RGB to CMYK at that
> point, after potentially already having converted CMYK to RGB.  This entails
> an extra conversion, reducing the quality, not enhancing it.
>
> If you want to go from CMYK source through the DTP application to CMYK
> press, then you are using the wrong program.
>
> Publisher has no CMYK conversion.  Hell, it can barely handle all the
> different types of RGB images out there (particularly variants of TIFF
> files, and alpha transparency)
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
GoldHorde (2)
2/15/2006 9:19:28 PM
GoldHorde <GoldHorde@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard
to utter:
> pro-DTP's (InDesign/Illustrator/Quark)

Illustrator is a draw/illustration application, not a DTP app.  That's what
PageMaker and InDesign are for.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
2/15/2006 10:30:46 PM
I think 'Rage'maker is STILL the preferred term. Thanks for the help!

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> GoldHorde <GoldHorde@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard
> to utter:
> > pro-DTP's (InDesign/Illustrator/Quark)
>
> Illustrator is a draw/illustration application, not a DTP app.  That's what
> PageMaker and InDesign are for.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
GoldHorde (2)
2/15/2006 11:03:28 PM
Don't quite know the answer to that one.  I'm running Publisher 2003 here
with an HP Officejet 6210 and it just took that one mode change to clear
things up.  So far so good but if I have any more issues I'll be sure to post
them.

"DEAN" wrote:

> Rich/Mary:  Ok - I did the source mode change in Photoshop to RGB with
> success. Oddly - it previously printed 3x before without that mode change
> (same photo/same file). NOW the question is -  is this behavior pravalent in
> all versions of MSPublisher OR is it specific to the printer used?
>
> "Rich" wrote:
>
> > I have Microsoft Publisher 2003 and am trying to complete a catalog merge.  I
> > have completed the work and the print preview looks great, but when I print
> > the photos, black squares are printed.  Has anyone else had this problem?
> > I've inserted clip art and the colors will print without a problem. I've also
> > reduced the photos to less than 20kb but still can't seem to fix it.  Thanks
> > in advance for the help!!!!
0
Rich (271)

how do i get colors to print in excel
Excel 2003 WinXP - I can add and see colors in normal and page break preview, but when i go to print preview and/or print, my colors are printed in grayscale. When i move the document to another computer with the same settings my spreadsheet prints the colors. It is only this one document. All others print just fine. What do I need to fix to make it behave? Use File|Print; open the Options dialog and see if your printer is set to use greyscale. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "DC" <DC@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Error printing on dot matrix
Hi Groupies!! Has anybody run into problems print Access 2007 reports on a dot matrix printer? When we try to print, we end up with pages (and pages) of junk. I think this is from the printer getting freaked out or something. The reports work fine on a laser. The reports need to print on the dot matrix and it is fine with other windows based applications. Any ideas? -- Thanks for taking the time! CJ --------------------------------------------------------- Know thyself, know thy limits....know thy newsgroups! CJ, Sure sounds like an outdated printer driver. It misinterprets t...

What "converter" to copy Word to Publisher?
My dad's tryign to copy a Word file into Publisher, but he's getting an error saying he needs a "converter" Anyone know what t his is,and where to get it? (if it's a download, EXACTLY what is it called? thx! After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from dgrrr <rewtheworld@msn.com>... > My dad's tryign to copy a Word file into Publisher, but > he's getting an error saying he needs a "converter" What version of Publisher, Word, and Windows is he using? What steps is he taking to try and put the Word file into...

Typing on top of picture
Can anyone tell me how I can type over a picture? I want to number the items in the picture and then have a key next to the picture letting people know what they are. It is for my business catalog. Please e-mail me if you have questions. Thanks for any help Tracey Hi Tracey (tracey@dragonflycandles.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Can anyone tell me how I can type over a picture? I want to number || the items in the picture and then have a key next to the picture || letting people know what they are. It is for my business catalog. || Please e-mail me if you have questions. Thanks for ...

Print Report Through Lot
Hi Allen, I have a database name Transfer Deed & I have a form in which I’ve to give data for fields. Deed No. Shares Distinctive No. From Shares Distinctive No. To No. of Shares (Difference of above) I’ve a report also on before open the report a popup form occurs & ask for Deed No & Lot which represent data above what I want know that before open the report it open with lot of nos. provided for example. Distinctive No from is = 500 Distinctive No to is = 1000 No. of shares is = 500 And lot provided on popup form is 100 then 5 pages report of 100 each...

help needed in printing contents of a form view
hi all I am working with formview . I want to put all the content that i am displaying on the formview to the clipboard so that i can print it from there. I tried to put contents into clipboard but problem is that all the screen is now get printed. i only want the view area to be get printed. sorry for my english. can any one help me . with regards Harish Harish, I'm sure I have answered this one :-) To recapitulate: If you looked at the code on Joe Newcomber's site, notice that you select the window from which you create your bitmap, so: void toClipboard(CWnd * wnd, BOOL F...

Print Screen in Microsoft Outlook 2000
I print screen a Message Box and paste it on the body of the e-mail. I know I can see it when I preview it but when I print it, it only gives me the message I type but the print screen I pasted on the body of the e-mail became an icon with an "x". I also send it to my friend with the same application "Microsoft Outlook 2000 and she got an icon with an "x" with just the message What do you think is the problem? I check every settings and all but I can get any answers. I went to the net to find out including Microsoft Site and they can't seem to give me any answer...

Page breaks don't show on screen and don't print separately. It i.
I am using Excel 2003. I enter page breaks, but nothing appears on screen and the page breaks don't register and pages don't print separately. View page breaks does not show dashed lines. The box under Options for page breaks is ticked. This happens always. It did not happen with the previous version of Excel. Hi Peter the only way i can repeat the behaviour that you have outlined below is by setting the "fit to x pages wide by x pages tall" option in file / page setup .... this over-rides the page breaks. Changing this back to 100% scaling allows me to use ma...

Printing notes on invoice with project accounting
Good morning We are using project accounting and printing our invoices using "PA Billing Invoice Format - Invoice Format 6". We would like to add notes attached to that document. So is it possible to link table (SY03900) with that report and printing those notes on our invoices? Thanks for your help! -- Pat No, it's not. At least not with standard Report Writer functionality. Please take a look at David Musgrave's article "Using ADO with VBA with Report Writer" at http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/10/30/using-ado-with-vba-with-re...

excell won't print wants to save not print
microsoft excell won't print when hit the print button comes up with a save button then wont still print . Look in your printer settings, seems like you have the default printer setup to a driver that prints to a file maybe a PDF driver set as default printer? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom http://nwexcelsolutions.com "medic13" <medic13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF38DCF8-8BC2-47FB-BE6C-D1CD9DFEBE1A@microsoft.com... > microsoft excell won't print when hit the print button comes up with a > save > button then wont still print . ...

Printing with gridlines
I've got a sheet... defined print area... go to print preview and the last column doesn't have gridlines... all the others do. I want them there, but I can't get them to show up... any ideas? Using MSExcel 2002 Did all that... it's just not printing the gridlines in that one column... and it's getting to be infuriating! Thanks for the suggestions, tho... Earl Kiosterud wrote: > Taylor, > > The first thing is to determine if it's printing gridlines (File - Page Setup - Sheet tab - > Gridlines) or borders (Format - Cells - Borders. If it's faili...

Selective Link to Picture #2
I want to show a linked (not embedded) picture based on entry in a cell. This way, I can keep the excel spreadsheet light. Any help? Insert|Hyperlink and point to your picture file or use the worksheet =hyperlink() worksheet function: =HYPERLINK("file:////c:/my pictures/myfolder/somepict.jpg") I think if you use the =hyperlink() worksheet function, your workbook will be "lighter". mloffler@simmax.com wrote: > > I want to show a linked (not embedded) picture based on entry in a > cell. > This way, I can keep the excel spreadsheet light. > > Any he...

Fonts in Publisher 2003
I cannot find a specific font on my computer-it's called Kristin. I am working on a document in Publisher 2003. A coworker has it on her computer (in addition to many other fonts that I don't have as well) that was installed with the same software and we both use the same printer. I have looked for it on my computer under my control panel and still cannot find it. Did the programs get installed differently? How can I get this font? Thank you for your help! Kristen font was installed with these products http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/font.aspx?FID=111&FNAME=Kri...

Problem publishing changes
Hey, 2 days ago i posted a message searching for a solution to a publishing problem we are experiencing. The problem seems related to the XSL problems i found on this newsgroup. But the anwers didn't work for us. Sometimes we can publish changes, but the real problem only starts then. The XSL templates that are generated by the deployment manager are corrupt. The first line of the new templates isdifferent and unreadable compared to the original ones. The rest of the templates contains spaces between each two characters. The result is that when opening the entity in a browser we re...

black background with white spots in the texture
Hi Friends, I am facing a situation. I have to put a different texture in each cell of the comment. After putting a significant number of different textures in each celll comment,I am unable to put any further texture into a new cwll comment and am getting a black background with white spots ,when I try to import the texture into the cell comment. What could be the reason for this. Is there a limit to the number of textures that can be imported from outside into cell comments. Any information and help regarding this will be very much appreciated. thank you all and have a nice day steve ...

Borders & Printing
I have a sheet where there is a number of cells merged together and when i print it doesnt put a line across at the bottom of the page (which would in the middle of the merged cell) - how can i get this to happen Kim, "Sheets?" "Cells?" This sounds like a spreadsheet question... This newsgroup works with Microsoft Access, a relational database development application. Your question would be best answered in a more appropriate newsgroup... dealing with whatever type of spreadsheet application you're working with. -- hth Al Campagna Microsof...

Publishing Reports in 3.0
Just wondering if anyone has successfully added a new report in 3.0. I'm following the SDK steps but when I click "Save" (to save the new report) I get an erro (below). Any ideas on what I'm doing incorrectly. btw ... what's the beta newsgroup (microsoft.crm.beta?). We got access to the TAP3 group but there's no postings???? Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originat...

Printing #24
I have an org chart I am trying to print. When I go to print preview I only get a section of the org chart. Anyidea how I can print the whole thing and just the one section? Have you considered your printer driver may need updating? Go to the manufacturer's web site and look around for an updated driver for your model printer. It is wise to completely remove the driver before you install/re-install Bruce Sanderson's Windows Web How to clean up printer drivers http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm If the printer driver is okay, think about your graphics driver...

How do I use a Publisher letterhead template that I created
I just created some letterhead using Publisher and have saved it in my C drive. I now want to use this template to write some letters. How do I do this? What version Publisher? Did you save it as a template? In 2000, File, new, when the catalog opens, click templates on the bottom of the page. In 2003, file, new, expand templates, click My Templates. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "GuatemalaPete" <GuatemalaPete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCAF09C4-B7E1-4FF9-919C-2E99A40551E9@micr...

insserting formatted word files into publisher
i'm using office 2003 and i'm making a book. i have fully formatted pages, each an individual file, saved in word. they have drop caps, specific margins, headings, etc. when i try to insert a text file by first creating a text box the full page size, the file i import comes over completely wrong. if i don't first make a text box the insert file choice is grayed out. i have 150 pages that need precision. i hope you can help. thanks. You will be far better off leaving your project in Word. You will not be able to maintain the formatting. Publisher does not support headers or ...

How do I convert a Publisher file to a jpeg file
How do I convert a Publisher file to a jpeg file The folks who know best if this can be done would want to know your version of Publisher. Also state why a jpeg? How about pdf? -- Don Vancouver, USA "steven" <steven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6359DC63-42AE-4618-AA7A-F2CA4C477F08@microsoft.com... > How do I convert a Publisher file to a jpeg file "steven" wrote: > How do I convert a Publisher file to a jpeg file ================================== If your Publisher version is 2002 or 2003... go to...File / Save As...open the drop...

LOL @ Publisher Viewer
As many times as I've seen requests about a publisher viewer, it would seem a good request to Microsoft to put on the Publisher packaging that there is no viewer available. At least every purchaser of Publiser would know immediately. Microsoft could even suggest that the purchaser buy an additional Publisher package for anyone he might want to send Publisher files to. Hmmmm--seems like a good marketing tool to me. Can I have a nickel for every time that has been asked here? Jason I've used the HotSend program to email pub files (and other files like invoices from work to cl...

The dreaded 'Publisher cannot open files from a different version'
I have two .PUB files that won't open in Publisher 2000 SP-3 for Windows 2K. Using Notepad, I searched the files' raw coding and found that they were created in "Publisher 3.0". Is that 95 or 97? Anyway, nothing I do can make Publisher 2K open these files. The other threads suggest turning off Norton AntiVirus. My machine has the Symantec corporate version and I don't have Admin rights to turn it off. Any suggestions would be great. Version 3 is Microsoft Publisher for Windows 95. If you really want them opened, send them to me and I will convert them to 2000. gsau...

Printing terms and conditions
I would like to be able to print on SOP Invoices: Page 1 Invoice Terms page Page 2 Invoice Terms page etc ie for any page that prints from SOP, I would like the page after each page to be our terms. This will allow us to print our invoices to a dual side printing printer so that our terms print on the back of every invoice page. Is there anyway of doing this (other than using Crystal Reports)? Actually, I have employed two different schemes successfully, Crystal Reports using Accountable SW's Forms Printer to print from within GP, or use preprinted invoice paper with the T&C ...

publisher 2003 text wrapping
I just installed Publisher 2003 and cannot find the text wrapping tool in the format-layout tab. What's wrong? ...