Publisher needs to allow easier doublesided printing

When printing a catalogue on Publisher, it is really hard to work out which
page is going to print on which side etc. If you try and print two sides at a
time it comes out wrong. is there anyway this can be changed? it would be
great if on the new Publisher this could be a feature, otherwise it'll be
easier to create it as all A4 pages and then print 2 pages per sheet, but
that's silly isn't it?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1658f257-36c6-42a6-ae4b-2c01c8c7670a&dg=microsoft.public.publisher

Are you selecting "Booklet" in Page setup?  In an eight page booklet, the
fist sheet comes out as pages 1, 2 and 7 & 8.  The second sheet would be
pages 3, 4 and 5 & 6.

--
Don
Vancouver USA

"Voiceofyouth" <Voiceofyouth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When printing a catalogue on Publisher, it is really hard to work out
> which
> page is going to print on which side etc. If you try and print two sides
> at a
> time it comes out wrong. is there anyway this can be changed? it would be
> great if on the new Publisher this could be a feature, otherwise it'll be
> easier to create it as all A4 pages and then print 2 pages per sheet, but
> that's silly isn't it?
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1658f257-36c6-42a6-ae4b-2c01c8c7670a&dg=microsoft.public.publisher

0
Don
5/11/2006 9:31:37 PM
Print on both sides of a sheet of paper (duplex)
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP011646671033.aspx
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Voiceofyouth" <Voiceofyouth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When printing a catalogue on Publisher, it is really hard to work out which
> page is going to print on which side etc. If you try and print two sides at a
> time it comes out wrong. is there anyway this can be changed? it would be
> great if on the new Publisher this could be a feature, otherwise it'll be
> easier to create it as all A4 pages and then print 2 pages per sheet, but
> that's silly isn't it?
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1658f257-36c6-42a6-ae4b-2c01c8c7670a&dg=microsoft.public.publisher

0
mary-sauer (6480)
5/11/2006 9:36:26 PM
When you are editing pages 2 & 3 you see different pages to what you see in
Print Preview. That's the confusing horrible bit. I now have 4 blank pages in
a 16 page booklet with only 13 pages needed, but because when u add another
page, it has to add 4, it gets really confusing! Does that make sense?

"Don Schmidt" wrote:

> Are you selecting "Booklet" in Page setup?  In an eight page booklet, the
> fist sheet comes out as pages 1, 2 and 7 & 8.  The second sheet would be
> pages 3, 4 and 5 & 6.
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver USA
>

> "Voiceofyouth" <Voiceofyouth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When printing a catalogue on Publisher, it is really hard to work out
> > which
> > page is going to print on which side etc. If you try and print two sides
> > at a
> > time it comes out wrong. is there anyway this can be changed? it would be
> > great if on the new Publisher this could be a feature, otherwise it'll be
> > easier to create it as all A4 pages and then print 2 pages per sheet, but
> > that's silly isn't it?
> >
> > ----------------
> > this
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1658f257-36c6-42a6-ae4b-2c01c8c7670a&dg=microsoft.public.publisher

Voiceofyouth <Voiceofyouth@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
heard to utter:
> When you are editing pages 2 & 3 you see different pages to what you
> see in Print Preview. That's the confusing horrible bit. I now have 4
> blank pages in a 16 page booklet with only 13 pages needed, but
> because when u add another page, it has to add 4, it gets really
> confusing! Does that make sense?

Yes, but...

Print preview shows you what will actually print on each sheet of paper.
Once you've double-sided printed that, and folded it, it will give you the
same layout as you see when editing.  That way, editing lets you see more of
what the finished product will be rather than what will come out of your
printer, which is fundamentally more helpful.

In addition, I dare you to try to fold a booklet with 13 pages.
Start with 4 sheets of A4 or letter-sized paper.  Each has a front side and
a backside.  That's 8 sides.  Folding in half creates 16 pages.  Take one of
the sheets and cut it in half (Publisher does not allow this to be done, as
it only allows one paper size per publication, but it is the only way to get
close).  Discard one half.  This gives you 14 sides.  Now, how can you get
rid of one side whilst keeping the other side?

You can't.  If you manually delete the pages you don't want in Publisher,
then Publisher will (not terribly helpfully) add the pages at the end of the
print job - i.e., in the middle of the booklet.  You don't want that.  So
you keep your pages in multiples of 4, and position the blank pages where
you want them.

Publisher cannot break the laws of physics.  Yet.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)

Dots in my printed word document
I have a document with four paragraphs on it. Inbetween paragraphs two and three are a series of small dots that only show up when I print - they are not visible on my screen. This is not a printer problem - I have tried three different ones. The small dots do not show up between any other paragraph. I've cut and pasted the text to a new word document and when I print, the little dots are still there. Again, they are invisible on the screen. Any ideas? Do you see them if you increase your Zoom way up? It's likely that they're a Border on the bottom of para. 2...

Emails print-out with no user name on top left
When I print out the emails, my user name is always printed on the top left row with an underline. How to do it if I don't want the user name there? Thanks. "Paul" <mcbml(mcbml)@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eKSXEueLEHA.3216@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > When I print out the emails, my user name is always printed on the top left > row with an underline. > How to do it if I don't want the user name there? > Thanks. > > > > Not an answer - but I am very interested. WHY do you need to print out emails? Making hard copies for some emails are ...

colour printing issues/synchronization
i have publisher 2000 and have been having a difficult time printing what i set up ... the display on the monitor is not what gets printed ... it has all gone greenish ... i am using a canon multipass 730 and it only happens when i use publisher ... when i print off other programs or internet the colours are accurate ... my computer skills are poor and i need HELP mike pinnacle Publisher is more critical about printer drivers than most applications. Is your printer driver current? Go to the Canon web site and look around. The driver on the Canon site is Version 500 http://www.usa.canon...

Newbie need help
<Person> <LastName>anyLastName<LastName/> <FirstName>anyFirstName<FirstName/> <Person/> <Person> <LastName>anyLastName<LastName/> <FirstName>anyFirstName<FirstName/> <Person/> <Person> <LastName>anyLastName<LastName/> <FirstName>anyFirstName<FirstName/> <Person/> . . . . . . <Person> <LastName>anyLastName<LastName/> <FirstName>anyFirstName<FirstName/> <Person/> ___________________________________...

Publisher and Vista
Hello there, we have just purchased a new computer and it came w/Vista. I have Microsoft Publisher Deluxe w/photo editing, version 2002. I already have this on my laptop so 2 questions here: 1. can i load Publisher 2002 onto my new PC (it's 64 bit) 2. and if so, can i use Publisher on 2 (or 3) different computers? Thanks in advance!! -- "A place for everything and everything in it''''s place" lisalou wrote: > Hello there, we have just purchased a new computer and it came w/Vista. I > have Microsoft Publisher Deluxe w/photo editing, version 2002. I alr...

Need a little math help in making a formula
I have an audit and am looking for a specific item in the audit. I'm asking a specific question and the answer can be either Yes, No or N/A. To figure out the compliance to the question as a percentage, I'm taking the number of "Yes + N/A" answers and dividing it by the total number of items audited. Someone else thinks we should first subtract the number of n/a answers from the total number of items - this number she calls the "applicable total" then she divides the number of "Yes" answers by the "Applicable total" and gets a com...

printing workbook
How can I print multiple worksheets from a workbook on one page? Hi Lisa- AFAIK there is no direct way to do so, although someone may offer up some VBA procedure as a solution. What you might want to consider is setting up another sheet as your print area and use simple formula links to read the data in from the sheets where it is actually stored. Less desirable, but you could also copy & paste from the other sheets to a single sheet and print from it. HTH |:>) "Lisa" wrote: > How can I print multiple worksheets from a workbook on one page? ...

Dynamics GP 9.0 Calculation of IRS maximum allowed 401K contributi
We have two 401K deduction codes set-up in Dynamics GP 9.0 Payroll - one deduction is for "company matching" contributions, and one is for "no-match" contributions. We need the two deductions codes for 401K to max out at the IRS maximum allowable amount in a calendar year. In the current set-up, and due to different pay rates and employee contribution percentages, we have employees that are exceeding the annual limit established by the IRS because the maximum deduction field on the GP deduction set-up window cannot be combined for the two deductions. Is there a wa...

Print preview problem... #5
Hi! I'm writting an MDI-project using MFC in a statically linked library. View class is derived from CListView. I've added printing functions and didn't edit them. The problem is that choosing menu Print Preview asserts the progam... When using MFC in a shared dll, program works perfectly. But I want it to work on another computers... How can I fix this problem? -- Tim. -- Tim. ...

O2003 Print Preview
Will Microsoft reenable the print preview functionality for HTML messages? I find the print preview tool handy. Michael Henderson ...

How do I draw in Publisher 2003?
Publisher 98 has a draw feature you can use to change a picture or clip art. I have not been able to find this in Publisher 2003. I need to be able to change some clipart. Publisher 98 had a separate draw feature. Publisher 2003 does not. If you insert a vector based image in Publisher 2003, select the picture, Arrange, ungroup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "fortm" <fortm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:094A4214-1BBD-46CD-A036-0E4BE9C8C0B9@microsoft.com... > Publisher 98 has...

M04: Tax Estimator Only Prints 2004 Details, not 2003
In MS Money 2004 Deluxe, I am using the Tax Estimator (under the Taxes menu) to estimate my total tax liability for 2003 (I needed to do this for my 1/15/04 4th quarter 2003 estimated payment). Unlike prior versions, Money 2004 estimates taxes for BOTH the last year (2003) and the current year (2004). Part of the etimation process is to enter information on deductions, income, etc. (as was the case in prior versions of Money). I then go to print out this input information for my records, by using the File-Print function when in the "Income" entry step of the Tax Estimator. The pr...

WON'T print whole area
Anyone know how to make it so i can print off this excel sheet FULLY an not just the dates, its put a line down and is only printing off th dates. Anyone? 'SCREENSHOT (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/azkaban04/excel.jpg -- martynjackso ----------------------------------------------------------------------- martynjackson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2829 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47861 Martyn Under File>Page setup... check the Fit to pages wide radio button, enter 1 in 'wide' ...

Allowing hyperlinks an a protected sheet
Hi, I am using Excel2003 to create a workbook for use by a group of people who need some access but not to alter criteria. code, formulas etc. Using simple VBA code I have set things up to enable outlining and then protect the two worksheets, the only problem is that this then sets the protect to Excel defaults and so I cannot enable the insertion of hyperlinks by end-users. I have had a play, but profess to being a little bit of a macro newbie. Any help very gratefully received. Try protecting the worksheet manually (in fact, record a macro when you do it to get the code). You'l...

How to print out every 4th page using Microsoft Word 2003
I have a word document which is 2700 pages long. I need to print out every 4th page onto letterhead. Is there a means to do this? TIA. You could use a macro containing the following code: Dim i As Long With ActiveDocument For i = 1 To .Range.Information(wdActiveEndPageNumber) Step 4 .PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:="p" & i, To:="p" & i Next i End With That's assuming that it is just those pages that you want to print, and not the whole document with every fourth page on letter head and the other three pages of each lett...

online backup ideas? Tired of changing tapes
I manage a network with a small business server and a secondary w2k3 app server. I am ready to stop wasting time swapping tapes for backups everyday and want to know if _you_ have tried any online backup solutions, and which, if any you would recommend. I would like it to be exchange aware and to do a complete backup including system state, etc so that I could restore a crashed server from it if need be. I am additionally curious if any of the online backup programs can be set to simultaneously update a single local backup copy store on say, an external harddrive - just fo...

Publisher 2007 #21
While attempting to create a Newsletter campaign using Publisher 2007, After creating the newsletter and publishing it to html for email the newsletter comes out distorted. How do I fix this. Open the pub file and select Tools, Design checker. You may have some image and or text boxes overlapping. -- Don - Publisher 2000 Vancouver, USA "Tyrone Jackson" <Tyrone Jackson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F21B60EE-00E0-4129-B030-7C1A09C856DD@microsoft.com... > While attempting to create a Newsletter campaign using Publisher 2007, > After > creati...

In Microsoft Publisher 2007, how is an alternate ftp port specifie
In Microsoft Publisher 2007, how is an alternate ftp port specified? I need to set port 9921 for the ftp server to be used. Download and use FileZilla for FTP uploading, and you can specify the port within that program. It is a freebie and will be easier to use in the long run. http://filezilla-project.org/ Also download and read the instructions: http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/documentation/ If you have more questions about Publisher webs, then post in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign or http://www.m...

printing checks #9
How do you print checks, including the bank information (routing number, account number, & check number)? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=39. "john" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16b8f01c44809$6b3b7220$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How do you print checks, including the bank information > (routing number, account number, & check number)? ...

Need Help at the earliest in Pie charts
Hi all, I have diff no. of coloured cells; for instance Red Blue and white corresponding to different representations. I want to represent the same in a Pie chart dynamicallyie if i change the no. of red cells, the percentage distribution in the Pie chart must vary accordingly. Kindly help me in the above regard You can't count/detect colors in XL. Perhaps if you tell us the criteria by which you are marking said colors though, we could write a formula, which would then give you the result you desire. Note, as a thought, a better way to create colored cells would to change font to...

Install Office 2007 over Publisher 2007
I have one computer that has Publisher 2007 installed. I have recently acquired Office 2007 Professional. I wish to install Office 2007 Pro on the computer that has the Publisher 2007. Will I need to uininstall Publisher 2007 before a complete install of Office 2007. I would like to have the right to install the stand alone version of Publisher 2007 on another computer not running Office 2007 Professional. To comply with the EULA what is the proper thing to do? xseedman wrote: > I wish to install Office 2007 Pro on the computer that has the Publisher > 2007. Will I need to ...

I need to link 4 pivot tables that are on a single page.
I have the tables all set and their labels are in place and I have the box ready with the reference to the list of years - which is the common value in the tables. However, when I opened this workbook for the first time in a couple of years, the code that made the box work is missing. Right now, I am brain dead on how I did this, but am certain that it was a tip from either DataPig or Contextures. After looking at both of them, I am just as lost. Does anyone do this? I am not a VBA person and am only really good at Excel - NOT great! -- TheTraveler The code is missing...

printing issue
I'm using Publisher 2007 to create multi-page documents that are basically repeat formats every 2 pages (i.e., the format is the same on pages 1,3,5, etc. and also the same on pages 2,4,6,etc.) Every other page contains a graph (bar graph) created in Excel 2007 and copied into the Publisher document. The graphs were all created with the same formats and copied/pasted the same way. When I print the document (Ikon 500 color printer) a solid black box appears where the graph should be on some of theh pages. Other pages print fine. Suggestion was made that there is an issue with Publisher....

Spreadsheet Received by Email Isn't Printing Properly
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a coworker who has shared a spreadsheet she sent a great deal of time formatting with myself and a few others. When she views or prints it, the spreadsheet consist of 6 pages. When any of the recipients views the spreadsheet it consist of 12 pages, and if we print it consists of 14 pages. As near as I can tell all of her formatting holds, but for some reason the view is showing us the far right column on it's own page and the print is adding an extra page break for the 5, 6, 12, and 13 pages. In house ...

Undo work in Publisher
Yesterday I worked on a document, saved it, etc. Today I have been working on the same document. Saving changes when reminded, etc. Was about to finish for the night and thought I'd review the whole document. I think that at some time while working on the document yesterday I made a mistake, in fact deleted a large chunk of work. Is there any way to return way, way back to retrieve this? I have now saved the document as v2, so I have v1 to work on. All advice greatly received - distressed Might look in the temp folder. In Windows Explorer, in the address bar type %temp%, fin...