Publisher & IE6

Don't know if this is a Publisher question or IE.  I published to the web
thru my hosting site.  I have a link to a doc in my hosting directory(
www.homepage.com/forms/word.doc).  Some people have complained that the link
isn't there.  I can see it on my machine and my neighbor can see it on her
machine.  For yucks I looked at work and the link isn't there.  It looks like
reg text.  The only common thread is I have IE8 at home.  So does the
neighbor that can link to the doc.  I have IE6 at work.  Is this just
coinsidence or could there be some setting or something Pub 2007 does so the
link is missing?

Thanks!
0
Clint (20)

When you posted this question in the web design newsgroup, both Don and I
asked you to provide a link to your website so we could see the problem. As
we explained, the best we can offer you is a guess without seeing the page
and link in question.

So, my best guess is that you have the text box with the link grouped with
some other design element, and that is why you cannot see the text box or
the link when you view it with IE8. Ungroup it. Install Office 2007 SP2. I
am done guessing now...

DavidF

"Clint" <Clint@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Don't know if this is a Publisher question or IE.  I published to the web
> thru my hosting site.  I have a link to a doc in my hosting directory(
> www.homepage.com/forms/word.doc).  Some people have complained that the
> link
> isn't there.  I can see it on my machine and my neighbor can see it on her
> machine.  For yucks I looked at work and the link isn't there.  It looks
> like
> reg text.  The only common thread is I have IE8 at home.  So does the
> neighbor that can link to the doc.  I have IE6 at work.  Is this just
> coinsidence or could there be some setting or something Pub 2007 does so
> the
> link is missing?
>
> Thanks!

0
Nope8657 (939)
9/11/2009 12:50:42 PM
you need to post a real link to the problem

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"Clint" <Clint@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Don't know if this is a Publisher question or IE.  I published to the web
> thru my hosting site.  I have a link to a doc in my hosting directory(
> www.homepage.com/forms/word.doc).  Some people have complained that the
> link
> isn't there.  I can see it on my machine and my neighbor can see it on her
> machine.  For yucks I looked at work and the link isn't there.  It looks
> like
> reg text.  The only common thread is I have IE8 at home.  So does the
> neighbor that can link to the doc.  I have IE6 at work.  Is this just
> coinsidence or could there be some setting or something Pub 2007 does so
> the
> link is missing?
>
> Thanks!

0
webmaster911 (1600)
9/11/2009 3:20:17 PM
Sorry everyone.  I guess I asked this question in multiple places and never
saw the replies.
Here is the website:
www.tivertonyouthbasketball.org
On the HOME tab is suppose to be a link to "Player Registration Form".
Like I said, some peole can get to it others can't.

"Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" wrote:

> you need to post a real link to the problem
>

> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Rob Giordano
> Microsoft MVP Expression Web
>

> "Clint" <Clint@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Don't know if this is a Publisher question or IE.  I published to the web
> > thru my hosting site.  I have a link to a doc in my hosting directory(
> > www.homepage.com/forms/word.doc).  Some people have complained that the
> > link
> > isn't there.  I can see it on my machine and my neighbor can see it on her
> > machine.  For yucks I looked at work and the link isn't there.  It looks
> > like
> > reg text.  The only common thread is I have IE8 at home.  So does the
> > neighbor that can link to the doc.  I have IE6 at work.  Is this just
> > coinsidence or could there be some setting or something Pub 2007 does so
> > the
> > link is missing?
> >
> > Thanks!

0
Clint (20)
9/11/2009 7:51:01 PM
Ungroup the text box with the link and install the Office 2007 SP2 and
republish. If that does not work, post back in the web group.

> Sorry everyone.  I guess I asked this question in multiple places and
> never
> saw the replies.
> Here is the website:
> www.tivertonyouthbasketball.org
> On the HOME tab is suppose to be a link to "Player Registration Form".
> Like I said, some peole can get to it others can't.
>

> "Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> you need to post a real link to the problem
>>

>> --
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Rob Giordano
>> Microsoft MVP Expression Web
>>

>> "Clint" <Clint@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Don't know if this is a Publisher question or IE.  I published to the
>> > web
>> > thru my hosting site.  I have a link to a doc in my hosting directory(
>> > www.homepage.com/forms/word.doc).  Some people have complained that the
>> > link
>> > isn't there.  I can see it on my machine and my neighbor can see it on
>> > her
>> > machine.  For yucks I looked at work and the link isn't there.  It
>> > looks
>> > like
>> > reg text.  The only common thread is I have IE8 at home.  So does the
>> > neighbor that can link to the doc.  I have IE6 at work.  Is this just
>> > coinsidence or could there be some setting or something Pub 2007 does
>> > so
>> > the
>> > link is missing?
>> >
>> > Thanks!

0
Nope8657 (939)

using publisher to print business cards
Hello, I am using publisher 2003 to print my business cards on a HP business inkjet printer., I have printed other cards w. no problem, but I have a new logo that I am using and it will not print my logo just the name addresss etc info. I have done a spysweeper, I have done disk cleanup, defrag, turned the computer off and on several time. ran anti virus.. I dont know what to do next. someone else has printed the business card from their computer and says it works just fine. I can print the logo by itself and it is beautiful but when I add it to the cards it doesnt print the logo. ...

Help converting publisher file to pdf file
i am working on a project for my english class and a group memeber sent me a part of the project in a publisher file and i do not have publisher? is there a way that i can convert it to a pdf file so that i can see the project? thanks! If you don't have Publisher, you can't print it to a .pdf file. If you'd like (and the file size isn't huge) you may send it to me and I will convert if to a .pdf for you. "krista" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:668E24E0-DD9F-4ECD-AAFA-17524A4859F4@microsoft.com... > i am working on a project for ...

Word to Publisher
When i import a landscape word 2007 file to publisher 2007 in converts it to portrait how can i keep it as landscape. i have tried to protect it but it still changes it ...

Saving Publisher Documents in other formats
I have a 4 page publisher document I need to save as a tif or jpg file to attache to an email. When I follow the directions, it will only save the2 pages - I cant get it to save the entire document. Can anyone give me some help? Thanks "New Song Center for Grieving Children" <New Song Center for Grieving Children@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:095C037C-F973-4C6A-B6E4-25E52EB7D468@microsoft.com... >I have a 4 page publisher document I need to save as a tif or jpg file to > attache to an email. When I follow the directions, it will only save the2...

Publisher 2003 does not show all fonts
Greetings All, I have a problem that I think is related to the "Font Schemes" of MS Publisher 2003. The facts: Have MS publisher 2003 installed. Have many, mnay truetype fonts installed on the system All my truetype fonts show up in fonts list under MS Word, Excel, etc. I have a web site that I created using one of the MS Publisher templates. The problem: When I open the web site that I created (opne the .pub file) to edit it, only a few fonts show up in the drop-down list. I think the Font Scheme of the templat ethat I chose is limiting the fonts that are displayed, but fo...

How do I insert page breaks in Publisher
We have a 30 page document and I am trying to work out if there is a way to insert page break - at the moment i am just using carriage returns but if there is text added it messes up the formatting of the pages that follow. You really can't do page breaks in Publisher. Publisher, unlike Word, is a text box application. You can add a text box, link the text boxes and use ctrl+shift+enter. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "HFL" <HFL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6572DF6-41A0-4B4C-8A9F-A3E9DB02C0A7@microsoft.com... > We have a 30 page docum...

How can I save a hyperlinked word document / pdf in Publisher?
Hi, I really need someones' help. I am making a webpage in publisher which will be having links to my saved word documents. i.e., once clicked on a link, a word document or a pdf will open. This way, I can reduce the number of web pages required. I would appreciate if someone can help me on this. Thanks a lot in advance. Regards, Deb. This is the way I found to be good for me. On the server where your website files are located create a folder, downloads (or any other name you like). Put your files, i.e.,File.doc, File.pdf etc in the downloads folder. On your web page create somethi...

2 people use publisher on 2 home computers for organization?
Can 2 people in an organization use the same publisher program to type a monthly newsletter on 2 different home computers? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6c6b2be2-c731-47ba-9dc0-f5e57fa2d...

Merging two Publisher files
Is there an easy way to do this - i.e. import pages from another Publisher file into current one. Or is it just a case of copy/paste? I have Publisher 2003 Many thanks Copy and paste -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "ChrisB" <chis@wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:e00qBI$rFHA.2604@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Is there an easy way to do this - i.e. import pages from another Publisher > file into current one. Or is it just a case of copy/paste? > > I have Publisher 2003 > > Many thanks > Figured that might be the case. What a sh...

Design Sets in Publisher 2007?
Are the master design sets available in Publisher 2007? If not, can one create sets easily? The Design Sets are gone in 2007. They are easy enough to construct. Open help, type Design set, all sorts of interesting articles and templates come up. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Marilyn" <Marilyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA1F72ED-5210-4A81-B5DA-A400FE43C3CD@microsoft.com... > Are the master design sets available in Publisher 2007? If not, can one > create sets easily? ...

Publisher Cannot Complete the Operation
I've been struggling with this msg for some time now. When clicking on File > Send E-Mail > Send an message, the following error occurs. "Publisher cannot complete the operation". I am using Office 2K7 and Win 2K7 (x64). The first time this was tried was after having Office 2K3 installed and then upgraded to 2K7. Uninstalled and reinstalled multiple time and deleting the installed files aswell. Just purchased Full version on 2K7 and the same error happens. Registry has been cleaned aswell. Outlook is set as the default program. Any thoughts, I don't ...

how do I lock an object position in Publisher?
Put it on the background (Master Page) ctrl+m. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "babbs" <babbs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:866F03CD-6D9A-4092-9798-26405826BBE8@microsoft.com... > ...

Publisher 2007 #3
I am trying to upload my web pages to my web site, but one the first page appears. How do I get all the pages to appears? Unless you changed the default settings, when you Publish to the Web, Publisher generates an index.htm file and a index_files folder, that contain your other pages and the supporting graphics. It sounds like you did not upload the index_files folder. If this doesn't solve your problem, please post your follow up questions in the microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign group. DavidF "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F2...

How to open previous version of Publisher file
Have Publisher 2000 sp-3 and am attempting to open another Publisher file that friend sent me. Keeps giving me the response that "Publisher cannot open files from a different version" Is there not a conversion foir this or patch? Do you know which version of Publisher your friend is using? If it's 2002 or 2003, have them do a "Save As" and change it to a Pub 2000 file. And no, there are no converters or patch. You could look into whether Pub 2003 is an option for you. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "walko789" <walko789@discussions...

Publisher template for lapel buttons
Looking for a template to produce round, 2-3 inch diameter lapel buttons Avery 3113, it appears in page setup, labels. Looks square, but it prints okay on round Avery stickers. Avery has Word templates. Search for 5294 http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=software.BlankTPLProductSKU&catalogcode=WEB01&softwarecode=4078 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "brittleliquid" <brittleliquid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D31D8499-B85C-4277-9982-EDB47FAAC056@microsoft.com... > Looking ...

Publisher #30
Is there a simple way to allow two people to work on the same Publisher file at the same time? If a copy-paste or merge isthe preferred method, how should this be done? Mike wrote: > Is there a simple way to allow two people to work on the same > Publisher file at the same time? If a copy-paste or merge isthe > preferred method, how should this be done? No you cannot work on them at the same time. You can only work on them one at a time. You could use the briefcase feature of Windows to update/sync changes however. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publisherm...

How do I strikethrough a word in Publisher?
I want to show the change being made in a schedule. I would like to strikethrough a word to indicate such. Susan wrote: > I want to show the change being made in a schedule. I > would like to strikethrough a word to indicate such. ================== Just manually add a line. Click the "Line" button in your left pane and left click drag it where you need it. To adjust the position of the line...left click/select it and nudge it with your arrow keys. -- *********Notice*********** This is not tech support ........I am a volunteer....... Solutions that work for me may...

repaginate in mircro soft publisher?
How do I repaginate a project in Publisher? "outbackal" <outbackal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92DC0C03-8A21-479B-A3E1-C6DB59EF81E6@microsoft.com... > How do I repaginate a project in Publisher? Explain. Do you wish to move page 6 to page 10? Thanks for the response. I delted the text on several pages and now want to repaginate the entire document so that those pages with no text are no longer n the document. "Chuck Davis" wrote: > > "outbackal" <outbackal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news...

How do I insert a picture in publisher and blurr the edges?
"designerg" wrote: > How do I insert a picture in publisher and blurr the edges? ==================================== It's always best if you include your question in the body of your message. Your best bet for blurring the edges of a picture would be to prepare it in an image editing program before inserting it into your Publisher document. -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not wo...

Excel 2007
When I select a chart in Excel 7 and select Save As, I can choose file type Web Page (.htm file) just like in 2003, but it no longer gives the option to select just the chart. How do you save just the chart as a web page rather than the whole sheet or whole file? This was a simple processs in Excel 2003: 1. Create chart and do "Save as Web Page." 2. Click on the "Selection: Chart" radio button. 3. Set your file name and location, then click "Publish." 4. Verify the info on the Publish as Web Page display and click "Open published Web page in...

hyperlinks in Publisher 2003
How come when I use hyperlink, I can link a header to another page in my document, but no matter what I try, I can't link to an article in the same page? -- D''man Dino, I believe the Microsft interface may have confused you... this is the newsgroup for Microsoft Access a database software. Sounds like you are looking for Microsoft Publisher... scroll a wee bit further down and you should find the Publisher newsgroup. -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II h...

using photo gallery pages in publisher 2007
Hi, I've made a website using pub 2003. In it I put photo gallery pages, both with links and not. I'm in the process of making a new site using 2007 and can't find the "page types" help. Does 2007 support the photo gallery pages and, if so, how do I find them to insert into my document? Thanks, David Insert Page > Photos and you will get three options. In the future, please post web design questions in the web group and we will try to help you there: microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign DavidF "clueless" <clueless@discussions.microsoft.com>...

How do I create a mail merge in Publisher 2003 using Outlook addr.
I'm trying to create a catalog merge using Publisher 2003 using Outlook Express Address book as a data source. I have trouble specifically with the SELECT A DATA SOURCE step. Which option should I pick and then how do I determine the location of the data source? ...

Publisher #41
I am unable to insert an Inline picture and wrap text around it. What am I doing wrong? ...

Publisher 2007 does not recognize printer
When attempting to print any document, page & etc from Publisher 2007 the pop up window "To print or preview a publication, at least one printer must be installed on the system" appears. The printer is installed and prints with all other programs installed on the computer including a test print. I have met with negative results with anything I have tried. There have been similar problems with Publisher 2007. What model printer do you have? There is an article here that was posted by Mark Clifton sometime back, it might be the solution you are hoping for. It is the art...