Publisher: how do I add a template to an existing Word document

0
nfeldman (1)

How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

How to Act Smart on Usenet

Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/Mar27pmvp.asp

How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups

Otherwise, you might as well try here:

Psychic Friends Network
(800) 592-7827

--
Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling on
salads.

0
misstick (379)

Word problem
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Word will not let me insert a bibliography into my word document. When i go onto document elements - it is not allowing me to click as it is shadowed - ???? Since you don't specify otherwise, start with the basics: 1- Make sure Office is fully updated to 12.2.4 2- Make sure OS X is fully updated to 10.6.3 3- Repair Disk Permissions 4- Restart your Mac Confirming all of that it will make it possible to determine how to approach the problem. Until that's all done it's pointless to chase symptoms. Regar...

Where is Microsoft Publisher 2002?
Microsoft Publisher 2000 was included in Microsoft Office 2000 Professional. I installed Microsoft Office XP Professional, but I can't find Microsoft Publisher 2002(XP). Did Microsoft Publisher 2002(XP) have to be purchased separately? If it is part of the Office XP bundle how do I load it. Not all versions of Office are the same as other versions - just like the different editions vary. You need to read the box to make sure you are getting what you need - or to see what program are included. Pub 2002 had to be purchased separately because it wasn't included with any retail s...

Excel template that lists each month's meetings w/ some detail
I'm looking for an Excel template that lists every month of the year with room to list weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings, including some detail for each meeting. Probably would need to be landscape oriented. The main intent is to give the person using it an idea of upcoming meetings, the intent of each and what prep is required. ...

Publisher 2000 changes default font
Having loaded Publisher 2000 onto a Win98 m/c I have discovered fonts used by Groupwise have changed. This implies that P2000 has changed the default font somewhere - any ideas please? How do I change the fonts in GroupWise http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10061270.htm -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "PS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1be4401c45220$f2b1b4a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Having loaded Publisher 2000 onto a Win98 m/c I have > discover...

email set up in publisher

Article published by Microsoft reg. 'Event' custom entity
Recently, I found a great article published by Microsoft that contains a sample code on how to create a custom entity, event. I thought that I bookmarked it but cannot find it. Has anyone seen it and can provide a hyperlink? I will really appreciate it. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa682866.aspx you'll probably find it in the above link "mkatsev" wrote: > Recently, I found a great article published by Microsoft that contains a > sample code on how to create a custom entity, event. I thought that I > bookmarked it but cannot find it. Has anyone seen...

how do i recover data in publisher
i have been entering addresses to set up a mail merge. i cllicked the "ok" button in the window and lost all data . can i recover it Look in a folder in My Documents named "My Data Sources". Publisher data is saved as .mdb(Access) file. Did you try selecting "Edit Address List" in the Mailings and Catalog menu (Tools)? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "dee" <dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:690430F1-36DE-47EE-8B7D-DD12A096C075@microsoft.com... >i have been entering addresses to set up a mail merge. i cllicked ...

HELP
We have an application that is used by over 8000 people worldwide. One of our users is just starting to have the following problem: Run-time error '-2147467259(80004005)': Method 'Add' of object 'CommandBarControls' failed I have read that this problem can be caused by trying to open the file in Internet Explorer. The user has told me that she has tried opening MS Excel and then the .xls file and she still gets the same problem when the file is trying to open. She is the only one that has had this problem. Could there be something wrong with her Excel settings or som...

changing a name in mulit parts of a document
I am setting up a word document. This will be used as a template In this document I wish to insert the same "name" throughtout this document. Is it possible to change the name in one spot and all of the others change automatically thanks See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>...

Publisher 2003 #42
I am working on a 50+ page document in Publisher 2003, which I imported from Word. Suddenly, pages that were previously consecutive are "jumping" when I scroll through the document, jumping from page 19 to 33, etc. The text box links at the bottom of each page are working. I've tried cutting and pasting into a new document in case this one is corrupt, but with no success. I'd hate to have to start again, because I don't know what I could do differently, but this document is useless the way it is. Any ideas? Thanks. - Eldeem Description of the "Import Word Document...

Bizarre background window behavior in Word
I am running MS Office for Mac 2008 (12.2.4) on a 2008 Intel iMac with the most recent version of Leopard OS. Since installing a recent upgrade to Mac Office 2008, I have been having a frustrating problem when I keep multiple documents open in Word. The active document will randomly be moved to the background, while one of the inactive open documents will randomly move to the foreground. Curiously, the inactive window now in the foreground actually remains inactive, and if I continue typing, the text is placed in the active window that is now hidden in the background. The only way to b...

Access To Word Mailmerge
I have setup a Mailmerge that is run from Access. The process works like this: 1) The proper record is selected in an Access form which automatically starts the process. 2) Word is called up automatically, it shows both the template and the doument with the proper data in it. 3) Access is closed automatically. 4) The user then needs to close the mailmerge template. 5) The document with the proper mailmerge information inserted from Access is up on the screen. At this point a shortcut is triggered by the user that adds a document of the users choice to the end of the curre...

Publish as PDF or XPS plug-in
I am using Publisher 2007 on a Windows XP Pro 2002 SP3 box. When I go File > Publish as PDF or XPS and publish a document using the default settings for high quality printing with the "Open file after publishing" option enabled, the PDF opens in Adobe Acrobat 4.0. In the Windows Tools > Folder Options > File Types window, I have configured the file type PDF to open with Adobe Reader 9.0. When I double click a PDF on the desktop, the PDF opens in Adobe Reader 9.0. When I use the publish as PDF or XPS plug-in to create a PDF, the PDF opens in Adobe Acrobat 4.0. Why? Ch...

Sales Document Inquiry Zoom
Has anyone ever seen after an order is fulfilled - the sales document detail inquiry zoom for the order is blank - doesn't even show the order information (which is standard gp). Header info on that window does have type id, document number; master number = 0; remaining subtotal=$; times repeated = 0 If i look at the sales quantity status inquiry zoom - qty to order = 1; qty to invoice = 1; Remaining qty=1 Quantity Allocated = 1 Quantity Fulfilled = 1 And the order will not transfer to invoice = no errors; the sales transfer log just says 0 documents transferred. Yes, I have seen...

How to add series with VBA?
How can I add multiple series to an existing Excel graph using automation from Access 2000? I'm trying to set up a loop that will define the Xvalue and YValue for each series, but not sure how. I'm creating up to 100 Excel worksheets at a shot with data from Access 2000, and each worksheet needs to have a graph with multiple series. The worksheet creation loop looks like this: For i = 1 to sn.Count db.Execute "SELECT * INTO [Excel 8.0;Database=" & strXlsPath & "].[" & _ strSheetName & "] FROM tblExcelData", dbFailOnError Next Then ...

Inserting dashes to an existing number
Hi, I am trying to create a formula that will divide this ten digit numbe into the following dashes. Here is the number 1234000999 I need the dashes to be inserted in thi format 1234-000-999. What is the appropriate formula. Thanks for your help. Dinahros -- dinahros ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dinahrose's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1334 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26643 Why not just custom format right click on selection>format>number>custom...

Email links open to My Documents
When I go to my blue hyperlinks in Outlook 2003, instead of being taken to the website, I am taken to my own My Documents....when I right click, I cannot copy and paste because the copy is grayed out. I really need to repair this ASAP and would appreciate any help. I am using Office 2003 and Windows XP Pro. Thank you! Try rebooting your system >-----Original Message----- >When I go to my blue hyperlinks in Outlook 2003, instead of being taken to >the website, I am taken to my own My Documents....when I right click, I >cannot copy and paste because the copy is grayed out. &...

Template Wizard with Data Tracking #8
I'm trying to use the template wizard to create a template that is linked to a data base so that every new file I create which is based on that template will add the info from the designated cells to the data base. I've followed all the steps in the template wizard several times over but always get an error message that says: Method 'Add' of object 'Sheet' failed. I haven't been able to figure out what this means or how to fix it. Help! Dee I know that the Data Tracker adds a hidden sheet to your workbook to keep track of the database location and such....

Template Wizard, why aren't records being created in database
When creating a template using the Template Wizard, the database is being created but only the field headings are created. Why aren't the records being created in the database? ...

Creating a Mail Merge template in 4.0
I am using the RC0 image for demo purposes and have not managed to do this. When editing the template in word I get the message "Record 1 contained too many data fields." If it is never going to work please just let me know and I will try to focus on teh live releasse. Cheers, Mike. I get the same behavior in the released version. I suspect the 'Edit Template in Word' operation is simply invoking the template as if it was doing a mail merge operation; because there is no data available (you are in the editor of the letter template afterall), the merge process get...

Excel Document
How do I add column headings to an Excel document? "C5roadstergal" <C5roadstergal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62A2EAB2-D528-4493-BFA0-38D7FACFB292@microsoft.com... > How do I add column headings to an Excel document? Type them in? Hi, That depends on what you mean by this question. Are you doing this at printout or just in the spreadsheet? In the spreadsheet select the row(s) numbers of the rows where you want to add the headings and choose Insert, Rows. In the printout: 1. Choose File, Page Setup, Headers and Footers tab and choose a pre...

I want to add scroll bar functionality in my screen capture utility
hi all, i have developed an application that shows a list of all running windows and allows user to capture their screens. I want to add scroll bar functionality in this app. I have add the scrollbar. scroll bars move but they dont scroll the image. please help me thanks & regards shoeb shoeb ali wrote: > hi all, > i have developed an application that shows a list of all running windows and > allows user to capture their screens. I want to add scroll bar functionality > in this app. I have add the scrollbar. scroll bars move but they dont scroll > the image. please ...