publisher format menu missing

I'm working on a friends computer that has publisher
2002, and she uses the format menu all the time and she
started publisher up today and the menu was gone, she has
the toolbar, and I added the menu options she needs but
she would like the menu back. Please help!

View|Toolbars|Formatting

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"John" <bachelor_bill@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm working on a friends computer that has publisher
> 2002, and she uses the format menu all the time and she
> started publisher up today and the menu was gone, she has
> the toolbar, and I added the menu options she needs but
> she would like the menu back. Please help!

0
jl_amerson (3088)
5/10/2004 9:05:01 PM
This just brings the the format menu options to the
toolbar, I want the actual menu back. Thanks for the idea
though.

0
anonymous (74722)
5/11/2004 8:48:08 PM
All toolbars can be floated, is this what you mean? Create a textbox, click inside
the text box, this will activate the format toolbar, grab the toolbar and drag to the
workspace.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> This just brings the the format menu options to the
> toolbar, I want the actual menu back. Thanks for the idea
> though.

0
laserdog (1122)
5/11/2004 11:11:17 PM
I know they can be floated, I don't want to bring the
format toolbar into the workspace. I'm just trying to
bring the actual format MENU back, it should go
"File  Edit  View  Insert  Format Tools..." Ect. The
Format is missing from the menu, and I can't find anyway
to bring it back.

0
anonymous (74722)
5/12/2004 3:24:55 PM
Hi anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com
(anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| I know they can be floated, I don't want to bring the
|| format toolbar into the workspace. I'm just trying to
|| bring the actual format MENU back, it should go
|| "File  Edit  View  Insert  Format Tools..." Ect. The
|| Format is missing from the menu, and I can't find anyway
|| to bring it back.

What happens if you go to Tools > Customize > Toolbars Tab > Highlight
Formatting and click on Reset?
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
5/12/2004 3:30:52 PM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
> I'm just trying to
> bring the actual format MENU back, it should go
> "File  Edit  View  Insert  Format Tools..." Ect. The
> Format is missing from the menu, and I can't find anyway
> to bring it back.

Try this:
Right-click your toolbar, click Customize.
Go to Commands, and down to Built-in Menus
Drag "Format >" from the pane on the right on to your toolbar (if you want
it to go back where it starts off, Publisher ships with the Format menu
between Insert and Tools)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6342)
5/12/2004 4:16:53 PM
>Try this:
>Right-click your toolbar, click Customize.
>Go to Commands, and down to Built-in Menus
>Drag "Format >" from the pane on the right on to your
toolbar (if you want
>it to go back where it starts off, Publisher ships with
the Format menu
>between Insert and Tools)

Mine doesn't seem to have Built-in Menus, but it does
have format on the left pane marked "categories", so I
guess the question turns to how do I get built-in menus
on the left pane. I think your on the right track.
>What happens if you go to Tools > Customize > Toolbars
Tab > Highlight
>Formatting and click on Reset?

Nothing happens, it stays the same.
You can put a menu on the left, simply drag it there, much the same way you do on
your desktop with the quick launch toolbar.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> >Try this:
> >Right-click your toolbar, click Customize.
> >Go to Commands, and down to Built-in Menus
> >Drag "Format >" from the pane on the right on to your
> toolbar (if you want
> >it to go back where it starts off, Publisher ships with
> the Format menu
> >between Insert and Tools)
>

> Mine doesn't seem to have Built-in Menus, but it does
> have format on the left pane marked "categories", so I
> guess the question turns to how do I get built-in menus
> on the left pane. I think your on the right track.

0
laserdog (1122)
5/13/2004 6:25:52 PM

Hrm.... That sort of confused me. You can't drag anything
from the left pane. I guess I'm not sure what your saying.
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
bachelor_bill@hotmail.com <bachelor_bill@hotmail.com>!"...
> Mine doesn't seem to have Built-in Menus, but it does
> have format on the left pane marked "categories", so I
> guess the question turns to how do I get built-in menus
> on the left pane. I think your on the right track.

I apologise - the feature I was describing is a Publisher 2003 feature.

If you want to re-build your Format menu, you can use the "New Menu" option,
and then the following menu items on it:

Font...
Character Spacing...
Line Spacing...
Indents and Lists...
Tabs...
Drop Cap...
--- ("Begin a Group" on the next command)
Horizontal Rules...
---
Wizard For This Object...
Color Schemes...
Font Schemes...
Background...
Styles and Formatting...
Object...

You will need to create a new "New Menu" for AutoFit Text (call it "AutoFit
Te&xt", to get the _ under the x), and add "None", "Best Fit", and "Shrink
Text On Overflow".

Hope this helps!

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6342)

Shortcut to format painter
Is ther a keyboard shortcut to the format painter and if not what is the code line i should use to create my own shortcut plaese Judith : A few links on keyboard shortcuts, et al. Chip Pearson http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ShortCuts.htm David McRitchie http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/shortx2k.htm I've never seen a shortcut for the Format Painter. David McRitchie's site has a link to a macro that provides some functionality. Search the page for 'Painter'. HTH Paul ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

sending attachments in rich text format
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_007C_01CA9538.F7528CD0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Can anybody tell me how I send an attachment with an e-mail from within Microsoft Office 2007 in rich text format please Wendy ------=_NextPart_000_007C_01CA9538.F7528CD0 Content-Type: image/gif; name="QMARK.GIF" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-ID: <7D394D5C2EB043D9A973E27399E2B9B5@andyPC> R0lGODlhEwAfAPcAAP8ICP8PDv8VFf8dHP8kI/...

Disabling / enabling entire menu and toolbar if child window open and has focus
Greetings, I have an MFC app within which a user can choose to go to the company's web site. If they select this from the menu, a CMDIChildWnd is created containing a CHtmlView. I need to have it so when this window is opened, all the menus are disabled and the toolbar is disabled. Also, when the window loses / gets focus, the menus are disabled / enabled respectively. Is there an easy way of doing this? How might I go about it? Thanks for your help! ~simon You can't disable *all* the menu items typically, because you want File>Exit, Help>About, other Help items, etc. en...

Missing Title Bar
I don't know what I did. Now the title bar of my document is missing, and the document is in a fixed position below my toolbar. I cannot minimize or expand my document. Please help. Thanks in advance, you rock! Sounds to me like you maximized the spreadsheet. If this is the case look in the upper left corner of excel. You should see a Min, Norma and Max buttons for excel. Below these, you should see another set o Min, Normal and Max buttons which is for the spreadsheet. Click th middle one (normal) to return to the original way of viewing. -- Message posted from http://www.Exce...

Conditional format that higlights differing data on two worksheets
I have a workbook that contains a worksheet for a single week of any given month and in the sheet I have an individual's time reported for each day of the week. I have a second workbook that contains an individual's time reported by each day for the entire month. I would like to compare the two to determine if there is a mismatch and highlight those cells. The logic goes something like this: (1) I need to match person A in column C of workbook1 to the same name in column C in workbook2. (2) I then need to match the date of the month on workbook 1 & 2 for person A in step #1. (3)...

Microsoft Publisher 2003 #3
Will Microsoft Publisher 2003 install on multiple computers? If so how many can it install on? Thanks. If you have an OEM version, it can only be installed on one system. If you have a full version, you can install it on one desktop system and one laptop. They cannot be used at the same time. Also, you will have to call Microsoft to activate the second copy. That is the ONLY legal way to have it installed on more than one computer. Please be aware if you have an older version of Publisher and it is installed on more than one computer, you violated Microsoft's end user license agre...

Publisher Mail Merge Stapling Printer Problems
Problem: When printing a mail merged document and collating / stapling it, it puts 2 merged documents together rather than printing / folding 1 and then the next record. In Publisher 2003 / 2002 we were able to use KB article #891904 to put a registry value in to solve the problem. In Publisher 2007 however, there is not a fix posted and the previous fix does not work - at least not one that I know of. I have tried all of the usual searches, GOOGLE, MSFT KB, etc. but the articles that do acknowledge 2007 is on the market do not have a fix for it yet. Even KB891904 does not have ...

Attachments convert to text format
When I send a message with an attachment in Outlook XP some receivers claim that all they receive is a text mail. My default mail format is plain text. If I change it to HTML I fear some recivers would not see the content at all. How can I solve it ? Note: I change the format of a particular mail if it contains an attachment, but sometimes I miss to do that. Tork2001 wrote: > When I send a message with an attachment in Outlook XP some receivers claim > that all they receive is a text mail. > My default mail format is plain text. If I change it to HTML I fear some > recivers ...

publisher: 4 Millions Domains data with Category
Successfull Internet and Direct Marketing products on www.promotionsite.net * NEW * DOMUS Domains Toolkit Fall 2004 - Unique on the Net 4 Millions "Whois" Domains data with Expiration Date and Category*. Ultimate Version (October 2004) - Our best rate starts from US *$149*. A wonderful tool for Internet and Direct Marketing. Available in Basic, Advanced and Full Editions. It contains a domain database with 4 millions *FRESH* October 2004 New records .com, .net, .org. 4 Gigabytes MS Excel data zipped on CD-Roms/Dvd. Compression 3:1. MS Excel or Text tab del...

Figures locked in text format
I imported data from a web page and used the feature that allows me to post the info to Excel with the destination formatting of the file I am posting it to. However, when I try to manipulate the data, as I have done in the past with other data, it will not let me reformat the text to number- no matter what I do to it. I've tried everything! I want to be able to sum the column, etc. Give us an example of the data you are working with. And what have you tried to "do to it"? Regards, Fred "Marcia" <Marcia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Excel limited cell formats
I have run into Excel's limit on 4000 cell foremats. I have since split the excel workbook into two separate workbooks. My question is, how can I launch these from a template and have the two workbooks link with each other, My original workbook has 25 separate sheets within the workbook for a total of 3.25mb size. I have a whole slew of macros assigned to different command buttons. Mike Johnson ...

Protect formatting & formula
I need to protect the formatting & formula in each cell to avoid accidental changes during update by different users. However, if I protect them, any new row creation and deletion are disable. Is there any way resolve it? Especially, when create a row, how can all formatting and formula to create automatically for the new row? Thanks, Scott What version of Excel? "Scott" <NoSpam-Scott.Xe@GMail.com> wrote in message news:%23bsg6kCBGHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I need to protect the formatting & formula in each cell to avoid accidental >changes d...

Pivot charts formatting
Hi, I want to change the formatting imposed by default in a pivot chart and I want that changed formatting to be retained permanently. For example, for my bar chart, for the different series I have selected colours / patterns but every time I refresh the pivot table / chart; excel falls back to its own colour coding. Any way to get around this? Many thanks in anticipation. Not directly. The only way to simulate this is to record a macro of the formatting changes that you make and then set it up to run whenever the PivotChart calculates. Assuming your pivot chart is on a seperate shee...

Convert Publisher document to a .pdf file
I create a multi-page newsletter using Publisher. How does one convert this to a single .pdf file? My first attempts (copy/paste into Acrobat) only produce page 1. Is there a way to capture the whole document which includes photos and clipart so that I can paste it into Acrobat? Thanks, EdC. You don't paste into Acrobat, you print the document to Acrobat. File, print, select the distiller or Adobe PDF, depending on the version of Acrobat. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ed C" <econgleton@snet....

can cells apply conditional formatting using the internal clock?
I am using excell to keep track of my production schedule and I wanted to know if there was a way to tie the cells in a worksheet to the internal date and time in the computer,so that the cells will update automatically. Example: Row A10 would be my production start date, Row A1 would be my projected finish date, I would like the cells in between to go from green to red as I near the finish date without manually inputting the date in each cell. Can you help me? Thyanks Set the normal format as desired (I selected a Pattern of Green). Select A1:A10, then select Format | Conditional Fo...

viewing other publisher files
I have MIcrosoft Publisher 2000. When my friends send me Publisher files of the same year and version, I get an error message saying that Publisher cannot open files from a different source. Does anyone know what gives? Are you sure they are also using Pub 2000? Are you running Norton antivirus? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "freedom" <freedom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF95B6D4-85E8-4C5E-A8E1-1B2635AAEF23@microsoft.com... >I have MIcrosoft Publisher 2000. When my friends send me Publisher files of > the same year and version, I...

XSLT, XPath, and XSL Formatting Objects (XSLFO)
does dot net support apis for XSLFO in addition to XSLT? Thanks In data Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:47:40 -0500, David Laub ha scritto: > does dot net support apis for XSLFO in addition to XSLT? AFAIK no, you have to use nfop: http://nfop.sourceforge.net/ -- Lawrence "In IE we trust" Lawrence Oluyede wrote: >>does dot net support apis for XSLFO in addition to XSLT? > > > AFAIK no, you have to use nfop: > http://nfop.sourceforge.net/ You can, but you don't have to. There are plenty of production quality XSL-FO formatters supporting .NET. Most of them ar...

Change the format of my footer {date} option?
I would like to show the date in my footer as January 25, 2005 instead of the default 01/25/05 Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.LeftFooter = Format(Date, "mmmm dd, yyyy") End With End Sub put this in the ThisWorkbook code module. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Tori" <Tori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:817363F1-32AB-4528-B1D6-304F8E712EA8@microsoft.com... > I would like to show the date in my footer as January 25, 2005 instead of the &g...

Cell formatting: displaying lat/long coordinates
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4366C.F3FDF050 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Rather than formatting a cell to display time in hours and minutes and = seconds, I would like to display latitude and longitude in degrees, = minutes, and seconds. e.g. 43=BA 25' 34" Is this possible in Excel 2000? ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4366C.F3FDF050 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W...

No data appears when I do a mail merge from Access to Publisher 2.
When I do a mail merge from access to publisher 2003 there is no data from the access database (it is closed and the query does work) What settings do I need to change? If I remember correctly you cannot merge from a query... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jenny A" <JennyA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88F611CA-389D-4076-8BC5-B6E435B727C4@microsoft.com... > When I do a mail merge from access to publisher 2003 there is no data from > the access database (it is closed and the q...

Convert Publisher files to PDF or PS for commercial printing? How?
I was interested in an exchange I just read here about converting publisher files to PDF or PS and then taking them to commercial printer. Is there anywhere in the manuals (or help files) that would shed a little more light on that? I do many brochures for various small clients and usually just print them at home using paper direct paper -- probably the MOST expensive, most labor-intensive way to go. But I have never really understood the concept of "pack and go" -- just as I've never really figured out how to use PS fonts on my cheapie HP home printer. Anybody who cou...

I'm looking for a cookbook page format
Final copy will be bound in 6 x 9 inch format (book size). Thanks :) 2 recipes per page I'm thinking. ...

Excel Menu Corruption
I tried to create an excel macro for the 'Sheet Hide' command from the menu. All I did was corrupted this command on the menu. Now it always tries to hide the sheet in the file I had open when I tried to create the macro. Is there something less drastic than un-installing/re-installing office? TIA Dave White Dave If you post your code we would have a better chance to help you. Did you use the macro recorder when creating the macro? Possibly you have the sheet name hard-coded in the code. If you replace that hard-coded name with ActiveSheet perhaps would be better. Gord D...

Branching Drop Down Menu
I know how to create drop down menus, I have a price list with headings and i would like the headings to appear in a drop down box, then when you roll over the heading in the drop down another drop down box will branch out with the products under that heading. Is this possible in excel? Thank you Yes. Possible. See Debra Dalgleish's site for instructions. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal02.html Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:20:05 -0700, "tnvis" <tnvis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know how to create drop down menus, I have a price ...

Publisher 03 XP crashes when importing graphics
Why does Publisher 2003 XP crash when importing certain graphics? It also failed to print the picture (when it finally let the pic import), even tho I saw it on the screen! Clip art also not working..... Please explain what you mean by "clip art also not working". -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "susie" <susie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D26C137E-DFEE-4955-8180-495C9F1E5E59@microsoft.com... > Why does Publisher 2003 XP crash when importing certain graphics? > It also failed to print the picture (when it finally let the pic ...