I produced an 8.5 x 11 brochure two days ago in Publisher 2007.  I was able
to save, resave and reopen the file many times during the day.  When I tried
to open the file today, I get the "Publisher cannot open the file" error
message.  I've tried to open the file on two different machines with
Publisher 2007 and get the error message both time.  One has XP Pro, the
other has Visa Home Basic.  It's a 1.6 meg file.  I have a smaller publisher
file of a bumper sticker (40 kb) which was made a couple of weeks ago which
opens with no problem.

This is the second time I have had to recreate this document.  Both time
I've had this problem.  I used one of the templates that came with Publisher
2007.  Could this be an issue?

I'm not running Norton Antivirus.

Thanks for your help!
0
Ross (104)

Office 2010 and Basic Authentication on IIS fails to open documents
Hi, I have just upgraded my Office 2007 to 2010 (yes the RTM build) and am running into some serious trouble accessing documents stored on a web server or SharePoint server configured to only allow Basic Authentication. Word opens as expected but does not do anything else (no prompt, no document download, nothing). Accessing any Office document on a server or SharePoint 2007/2010 server that has e.g. Integrated Windows authentication enabled, all is good I get prompted for credentials and the document downloads and opens as expected and as in Office 2007. Where is the settin...

Mail Merge Excel Data with Publisher for 4 up postcards
Hi, I have been browsing and searching for help on this issue to no avail. What I am trying to do is mail merge a 2 sided 4 up postcard with my Excel 2003 data. On the front of Publisher 2003I have the Address Block which is no problem, however when I try to import the matching customer data to the back of the postcard it does not match up at all with the front. I have also 2 publisher files setup, 1 for the front of the postcard and 1 for the back. I know the Excel data has to be in this format for the mail merge to work correctly using this formula posted by Doug Robbins: =IF(MOD(A2,2)=1,A2...

mistakes made when buying computers
What are common mistakes made when buying computers? Homework question? Mistake 1: forgetting that it is old technology before it reached the shop. Mistake 2: buying based on a specification requirements for now overlooking the needs about 2 years down the line. Mistake 3: the quality of the input devices (mouse and keyboard) and output devices (the monitor and speakers) are more important than the bit in the middle. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "lala" <lala@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C6203E6-8B3A-4D4B-A461-72E0B39F04D6@microsoft.c...

Outlook 2007 mail templates
I have som old html mail templates i used in office 2003, i can't figure out how i use them in office 2007, how do i install them into office 2007? html stationery or outlook template format? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to ...

IS there a way to compare 2 excel files
I like to be able to compare 2 excel files to see how different they are.Is there such a thing? Hi Now imagine how totally different two excel files can possibly be. The report would say ... ? But if you have two pretty similar sheets, try Myrna Larson and Bill Manville's "Compare", downloadable from http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm HTH. Best wishes Harald "PeterM" <pmaston@comcast.net> skrev i melding news:%23BAzyBkOFHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I like to be able to compare 2 excel files to see how different they are.Is > there such a ...

Exchange Server 2007 Public Folders Permission issue
We have a consultants folder with over a hundred sub folders. Is there any way to propagate the permissions down to all the sub folders? Get-PublicFolder \<Parent_Folder_Tree>\Consultants -Recurse | Add-PublicFolderClientPermission -AccessRights <see_help_for_optoins> -User <Domain\User> -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Stuart Reicher" <StuartReicher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF14A00D-D9E6-486D-9237-C7ED652524F5@microsoft.com... > We have a cons...

Corupt excel file ???
I have a excel file that seems to want to open, but then when it is done opening, There is no data or blank sheet. It goes though the possess and say's at the bottom ready opening but then there is nothing and the screen look's like I just opened Excel but no spread sheet. I then can go to file open another sheet and it works. (Not the one I wont) any body help. of coarse we don�t have a backup??? Email: bhogan@emediaofli.com --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ First, check to see if the file is actually loaded. Click on Window and see if it appears at the bottom o...

File Handle not being released with FileInfo.LastWriteTime
From an ASPX page I am trying to access the System.IO.FileInfo.LastWriteTime property of a file on the web site. The problem I have is that image file types; e/g/ gif, bmp etc; are not being released from the FileInfo object. If I access a page that reads the LastWriteTime of an image file; I cannot then update the file on the web server, until the app pool recycles. The same is not true for the text files; e.g. css, js; the FileInfo object is releasing these files. I have tried the garbage collector against the FileInfo object instance; but this did not work. Using t...

SBS2008
Have a customer who has a telephone system that uses an IMAP connectionj to the users Inbox to pick up voicemails. Since upgrading from Exchange 2003 (SBS2003) to Exchange 2007 (SBS2008) this has stopped working. Users userrnames and passwords are still the same. I've setup Outlook to make an IMAP connection to their mailbox but this doesn't appear to work, I guess this is why their telephone can't logon either. I just get a box come up prompting for a username and password ?? Is their more to it in Exchange 2007 than just doing the regular Outlook IMAP set...

Exchange 2007 Error Updating Free/Busy Information
Here's the Message we're receiving in our event log. The Messaging environment was moved from Exchange 2000 to 2007. "Error updating public folder with free/busy information on virtual machine EXCHSVR. The error number is 0x80040115" This error looks like it started after the DST Time change. Any ideas? ...

Outlook 2007 Folder Status Notification
I am having issues w/the Folder Status message. It used to tell me "All folders are up to date.", now it is just saying "This folder is up to date." Anyway to make it go back? I am using a corporate version of XP as the OS if you need that. Thanks, Sophie ...

Unable to open .xls file
Hello- I have Windows XP Home edition on my computer and I received an email with some info that is an .xls extensoin. I have Windows Worksheet and wanted to know how, if I could, look at this file? I also receive info with >pps (powerpoint) and am unable to open these files also. ANy suggestions? Thanx, -- Michie You may not have MSOffice. It's not part of Windows. It's a separate suite of applications. But MS does make a viewer for excel: http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.aspx and one for powerpoint: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Fa...

integration microsoft crm 4.0-sharepoint server 2007
Hello, I searched information about integration microsoft crm 4.0 with sharepoint server 2007, but I didn't find something, I don't know if I can integrate that.. Can you tell me about that? Thanks!! yorleni_jimenez@yahoo.com Hi, Yes, you can get both integrated. You mostly need to work on MOSS side. Following blog is on CRM 3 and MOSS but it will give you pretty good idea; http://rehmangul.wordpress.com/2007/05/08/ms-crm-and-sharepoint-2007-integration/ -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MV...

formatting of txt file
Hi, Can anybody can help me in in formatting the below data for me The below data is coming in a txt file and i need the data in a excel file However when i put in excel i am not getting any structured form I need the Reference mentioned against the numeric value in the separate column as heading and the data below should come below the heading. I have tried, but i have to a lot of manual edit after formatting. 1.Emplyoee name bsdcbasdb hbvabfvas 2.Date 12-12-09 3.Address Dettails 12/2 main street City - bvauisdbc Pin code- 1100154 4. Department snbvsivnsvn oihbvis...

Access 2007 Runtime with OLE Object
I have form control bound to an OLE Object. The users are told to right click the OLE object on the form and make a reference by link, but the users are not able to right click on the OLE bound control when they are using 2007 Runtime. How can I allow the users to make a reference to an OLE Object when they are using 2007 Runtime? -- IT Guy From Arkansas Maybe there's another way .. is there a way to let the user browse to the location of the file and then put the location as a hyperlink in a table field? ...

File Menu button is now an icon
I succeeded in changing File Menu to the Excel Icon and have no idea how I did it or how to get it back. The result is that a left click on that icon will bring up the Restore Menu and a right click will bring up a seriously abbreviated File menu. Two commands I use quite a bit are Set Print Area and Clear Print Area and neither are present on this abbreviated menu. Help! It sounds like you're still using xl2003 or below (not xl2007 with the new ribbon interface). If that's true... I'd try this first. Rightclick on an empty spot on any of the toolbars. Cho...

Script to count duplicate lines in a text file
We have a requirement to count the number of duplicate entries in a text file and then list the line and the number of duplicates. For example, we have a file call test.txt that has the following entries: A1 A1 B1 B2 B2 B2 B2 This would return the following: A1,2 B1,1 B2,4 Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Gadgetman schrieb: > We have a requirement to count the number of duplicate entries in a text file > and then list the line and the number of duplicates. For example, we have a > file call test.txt that has the following entries: > A1 > A1 ...

Import Excel Data from another workbook or file
Is there a way to import or export Excel Data between 2 different workbooks? E.G. Import from "File A" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row2 to "File B" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row 2. What I'd like to do ultimately is import data from 5 excel files into one. tamato43 wrote: || Is there a way to import or export Excel Data between 2 different || workbooks? || || E.G. Import from "File A" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row2 to "File B" || 'Sheet1' Column A, Row 2. || || What I'd like to do ultimately is import data from 5 excel files || in...

Calendar 2000 & 2007 Status of Meeting Attendees Changing
I have a client who has set up a meeting and sent an update and the following occurs: "once I sent an update, my attendees changed to “optional” from “required” and the tracking is inaccurate as someone who accepted is not showing up as receiving a response. Another attendee did not receive the update at all." She also is asking whether or not it makes a difference is she uses a distribution list in her meeting invitation. Can anyhone shed any light on why this is happening? -- LPS ...

OL 2000 .pst file moving to new computer
I am trying to export a OL 2000 .pst file running under Windows XP with SP 1. I want to export or save the file so I can open it up on my other computer using Outlook 2000 under Windows 98. When opening the outlook.pst file on the computer with Windows 98 I received the following message - "File access is denied; You do not have the permission required to access the file C:\WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook outlook.pst." I had exported that outlook.pst file to a CD and then copied it into WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook ...

MnyBank : Ofc Ofx file conversion and Money import
Version 1.5.9 : bugs correction on Qif files Money 2005 do not accept any more Ofc files and the Ofx files delivered by my bank where invalid. So I write this program, it can be use to : - convert QIF, OFC files to OFX V1 (Money 2000->Money 2004) or OFX V2 (Money 2005, XML files) - convert OFX V2 files to OFXV1 - check transactions in files before send them in Money - archive bank transaction in a database (MS Acces format) This program is a freeware. It's a dotnet program, you have to install : 1- Framework .Net 1.1 2- MS Jet 4.0 3- MDAC 2.7 or greater 4- MnyBank GUI is in englis...

Executing change event with out tabbing off from a filed (DEX or VBA)
Hi, Scenario : A field in a GP form, I have my cursor in that field. When I enter data in to it, I need to split that string and insert the splitted string in to two text boxes (I will not be doing tab off from the field). EG: String which will be entered : 111112 I need to split the string into two strings string1 : 11111 string2 : 2 As soon as data entry is done the splitting should happen (to string1 and string2). And string2 , ie 2 should be inserted in to a field say quantity. If I enter data and do tab off from the field it is working fine. The requirement is ,as soon as data is ente...

Outlook 2007
Hi All I have a mail server configured on a IPv6 only machine. I would like to specify my POP3 account with these IPv6 Addresses as the Incoming mail server and SMTP server. For that in the Email Accounts i want to use IPv6 addresses. This is not working, i have also tried using the IPv6 address resolved name also, still it doesn't work. It works fine with IPv4 address and hostname. Can anyone help me solve this problem. Thanks Anilkumar Can you PING the IPv6 address? Can you use a HOSTS file to map the address to a name? <anilgkonline@gmail.com> wrote in message news:11781...

File Transfer using vb.net code
Hi, I would like to transfer/move a file from one folder to other folder in shareopint site. That needs to be done using vb.net. Could you please prove the code for that? Regards, Balu Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Dr. Dotnetsky's Cool .NET Tips and Tricks # 16 http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/960bc693-889f-46c1-9b0e-1b0a67d13ea5/dr-dotnetskys-cool-net.aspx So your asking someone on this list to do your work for you? For free? Sounds like you might want to get some consulting time. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what w...

Delete jpg file based on Access field contents
Hello, What would be the best way to have access delete a bunch of jpg's? I have two tables in mdb format, the main table has 36000 records. When I am done with a record, I move it to a Deleted Record table (using a query and a macro). There are about 1300 of the deleted records that have an associated jpg file. The file size is around 100k, so I have around 130 meg of files cluttering up my laptop. I will never look at the jpg's again. I know it's not a lot of space, but why not have some code get rid of them? So, should I use a button on a regularly accessed Fo...