I produced an 8.5 x 11 brochure two days ago in Publisher 2007.  I was able
to save, resave and reopen the file many times during the day.  When I tried
to open the file today, I get the "Publisher cannot open the file" error
message.  I've tried to open the file on two different machines with
Publisher 2007 and get the error message both time.  One has XP Pro, the
other has Visa Home Basic.  It's a 1.6 meg file.  I have a smaller publisher
file of a bumper sticker (40 kb) which was made a couple of weeks ago which
opens with no problem.

This is the second time I have had to recreate this document.  Both time
I've had this problem.  I used one of the templates that came with Publisher
2007.  Could this be an issue?

I'm not running Norton Antivirus.

Thanks for your help!
0
Ross (104)

help with log file
Got a database in SQL2005 that is basically a download of a daily flat text files and creating tables from them. The log.ldf file is frikkin huge. It's over 146GB and I don't need this, I have storage issues. How do I shorten down this file and keep it small forever? Hi Rocketman Have you read about managing the transaction log in the Books Online? How big is your database? What recovery model are you in? What kinds of backups are you doing, and how frequently? If you are not in SIMPLE recovery, and you don't back up your log, it will continue to grow. Even...

Email not working when called from IE or a directory file
When I right click on a file in a directory (such as a photo) I get a menu that includes 'Send to' and an option to 'Mail recipient'. When I click on that it used to launch an email composition window from Outlook and the file is an attachment. For some reason, that function has stopped working. I checked my Outlook preferences and the box designating Outlook as the default email client is checked. I am using Outlook 2003 SP1 and this problem has just started in the last week. My OS is XP Home 5.1.2600. In addition, if I am using Internet Explorer (IE) and try to email a ...

Form with charts opens slowly
I have an AC2003 form which contains 6 charts on it. The charts are relatively small. The user click on one of the charts and the form opens a new form with that chart in full screen mode. They close the full screen chart and then can select another chart to see the details of. Depending on the system load, it can take up to 30 for all of the 6 small charts to finish loading. My question is, is there a way to determine when the last chart is done loading? I would like to display a "Please Wait" message on the form to let the user know that once the final chart load...

Folders disappearing after compacting file cabinet
Twice, now, I've lost a good chunk of e-mail I've saved in different folders because I've compacted my file cabinet. Anything with a file folder named with E or beyond gets dumped. A through D only remains. Any ideas as to what's going on? Thanks! Karen C. Did you compact or run ScanPST.EXE? I've never heard of a compact deleting valid data unless, of course, the file was damaged before running the compact. I hate to ask but do you have a backup of your PST from before this happened? "Karen C." <kcunningham @ iglou.com> wrote in message news:...

Opening a form while another is working
I have a Master form that automatically opens when the database is opened. In the LOAD event, it does a few things that take quite a bit of time. I have another form (Wait form) that has a scrolling message telling the user to Please Wait. It uses the Timer property. My intention was to call the Wait form from the begining of the Master LOAD, then, when all the time consuming functions were done, check to make sure the Wait form is still around and close it. The problem is that the Wait form comes up but is only showing the border of the form, not the scrolling text. That area is transpare...

unable to open default email folder #2
After new installation of Outlook 2002, I get this message when trying to open Outlook: "Unable to open your default email folders. Tne .DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load information service PSTPRX>DLL. Be sure this service is correctly installed and configured. See if the information in the following MSKB article helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];293058 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the m...

VB Procedure Onclick Button to open Report
I've been trying to write a bit of code that will print a particular report, if the form fiters are active, if not all records are displayed and i cant get it to work I've tried the following Private Sub CmdPrintList_Click() If Me.FilterOn = True ( <------------------------------That line is Giving me a GoTo Error) DoCmd.OpenReport "View All Projects", acViewPreview, , Me.Filter Else: Me.FilterOn = False DoCmd.OpenReport "View All Projects", acViewPreview End If End Sub Try this: Private Sub CmdPrintList_Click() If Me.FilterOn = True Then DoCmd.OpenReport...

MS Excel file extension changed through e-mail
MS Excel .xlsx files sent as attachments are received without the x, as a .xls instead. The same is true for MS Word .docx changed to .doc Answered in the Word group. Please don't post the same question in multiple groups. It not only causes responders to waste their time replying to questions that have already been answered but it also makes it more difficult for you to follow up on the replies. If it truly is an issue that involves more than one app either post to the Office group rather than the individual groups or use a newsreader rather than the web interface & learn to ...

2007 Money Issue
I hope someone can help me here. I previously used Money 2003 on XP. Just received a new PC with Vista. I ordered Money 2007 from the Miscrosoft website. It loads correctly and works fine after install. Once I import my 2003 data or copy the 2003 Money File over the 2007 Money file I begin to have an issue. Money 2007 takes anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes to open the file. I can click bills and calendar but once I click Home it takes another 5 minutes to get there. Any ideas on what could be happening. What is the correct way to upgrade from 2003 to 2007? The file is 7mb? First...

Dump file corrupt
************************************************** ************************ THIS DUMP FILE IS PARTIALLY CORRUPT. KdDebuggerDataBlock is not present or unreadable. ************************************************** ************************ Unable to read PsLoadedModuleList ************************************************** ************************ THIS DUMP FILE IS PARTIALLY CORRUPT. KdDebuggerDataBlock is not present or unreadable. ************************************************** ************************ KdDebuggerData.KernBase < SystemRangeStart Windows XP Kernel Version 2600 ...

Network File lock not detected
We have a workbook that about a dozen people get in and out of all day. I have a problem with one user's excel not always locking the file, or it could be a problem with other users not detecting the file is in use and displaying the in use message, do you want to open a read only or wait. Is there anything I can do in execel to fix that or is it a network issue. Running XP pro, office xp pro, and 2k server. From my experience, it is a network issue. They need to unlock the file because Excel cannot. Fixed it, Windows didn't have sp1 on it. For some reason it fixed the pr...

Can't Apply Payment to an Open Invoice
We have an invoice that shows up in the inquiry window as "open" but with a zero remaining balance. The correct amount of the invoice shows up on our AR aging which agrees with our general ledger. The check paying this invoice and other invoices shows all applied OK except for the part that covers this problem invoice-that part remains unapplied and shows up on our aging as a credit value. In the Apply window the problem invoice does not show up and therefore we cannot apply the remaining balance of the check to it. I unapplied the payment but this did not help-the probl...

All attachments received are corrupt in Outlook 2007
I just installed Office2007 and all attachments that are coming in(PDF, XLS, ZIP) will not open without warnings of corruptions. Media files will not open at all. I am on XP Home with all updates. I must be missing something somewhere. I cannot even get embedded pictures to show. Any ideas how to fix this problem?? thanks "The Ticket" <The Ticket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C58FC764-9FA6-4A36-9074-F93CE1718EBF@microsoft.com... >I just installed Office2007 and all attachments that are coming in(PDF, >XLS, > ZIP) will not open without warning...

pst file might be corrupted
Hi all. I am not able to view my pst file at all via my outlook 2000. I tried to recover it via scanpst but scanpst stopped halfway through the process and said that an error occured without specifying which error. Is there any other way to recover this pst file? Thks in advance. How big is the PST file? "inenewbl" <inenewbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6FB884E0-7C9F-4064-936F-5065E257BB5B@microsoft.com... > Hi all. I am not able to view my pst file at all via my outlook 2000. I > tried > to recover it via scanpst but scanpst stopped halfway ...

How to update contacts in WLM via csv file?
I have nearly 2,000 email addresses in my contacts list. I managed to get WLM to list them, although I do notice some are missing. Now, I want to update them with new/revised contacts through a new cvs file, which I exported from OE. However, the contacts import program just hangs and doesn't take. Do I need to delete the existing list first? If so, how do I do that? I am using WLM v.2009 Build 14.0.8 on Windows 7 Are you logging in to Live services? It will say your profile name under the close X. -- Ron Sommer "Bumper21248" wrote in message news...

Cannot open PDF in OWA
Users can't open PDF or other attachments when using OWA. Is this by design or am I missing something in administering our SBS 2003 server? Hi, Is this the errors you experience? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/812935/en-us Leif "jeckert" <jeckert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FBD8ED6D-233F-4F85-8048-B73427FE711E@microsoft.com... > Users can't open PDF or other attachments when using OWA. Is this by > design > or am I missing something in administering our SBS 2003 server? Leif, No error is given. IE reports that the page is done...

outlook won't automatically receive/send when opened
outlook won't automatically receive/send when opened how do i get it to do this? An answer would require knowing your Outlook version, mail account type, and connection type. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "newbiejw" <newbiejw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDBE10B5-2D8E-4684-99A8-C8C0F4FDC25F@microsoft.com... > outlook won't automatically receive/send when opened > how do i get it to do this? ...

Publisher 2002 , WXP and printer orientation
We had to run a recovery disk for Windows XP, reinstall Publisher 2002, and drivers for a Brother MC1500C printer. It previously printed fine. Now the Publisher docs. will not hold a landscape, legal orientation. It will not show correctly in printer preview. It prints so far and cuts off. However the layout page will show the information. We reinstalled both current drivers and publisher and it still does it. Thanks In news:2b95601c4686c$d2db4a80$a401280a@phx.gbl, Andrea <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> posted: > We had to run a recovery disk for Windows XP, reinstall &g...

VBA to call file based on date
Hello, I wonder if anyone can help me with a VBA routine to check for the presence of a specific file. The file is saved on a dialy basis in the format "userfile_run_YYYYMMDD.xls" i am seeking help with a vb code that will check if today or any specified days report is generated. i guess excel can use the date format to read the specified location for the file. Thank you in advance for your help. .....Coming from Where I'm from. Dim sFile As String sFile = Dir("C:myPath\userfile_run_" & Format(Date,"yyyymmdd") & ".xls") If s...

Finding/matching custom color in publisher
I am trying to find out what the RGB composition is of a custom color background. I created the color earlier. When I reopen the file it resets to the default palette and it does not include my custom color. How do I find out the RGB of a previously created background color. Download this small utility, it is a color picker, free. http://www.nattyware.com/pixie.html -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JohnnyP" <JohnnyP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A8BDFFC-66C8-4D85-8629-43F72DCB4...

Publisher 2007 Email Anything with pictures
I'm new at this. I want to send out an email to my chapter each month advising of Lunch, cost, location... yadda. I am able to create a wonderful email. I send it and if you have outlook and Yahoo, it comes out o.k. If you open it in AOL or Thunderbird, Everything comes out as separate .jpg. (Borders, Logo, Some of the text) attached to the email. There is one option that I tried and it came out as one .jpg attachment. I have tried all the options to the best of my knowledge. None of the options come out as reading it when you open it in AOL or Thunderbird. Some tex...

"The image file ___ is valid but ...."
"The image file ________ is valid but is for a machine type other than the current machine." What does this message dialog mean on Win XP x64? It means that the program you're trying to run is 16-bit. There is NO 16-bit support in any 64-bit version of Windows. You'll need to run the application in a virtual machine running some earlier version of Windows. -- Charlie. http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel <johnsuth@nospam.com.au> wrote in message news:c1.2c.3KklK9$0TP@PC1.BIGPOND.COM... > > "The image file ________ is valid but is...

Outlood 2007
Boy, do I need help. I''m a novice with a lot of email experience; but this program is throwing me for a loop: It will not allow me to delete an email message out of my inbox. It will not allow me to save a new contact. I can't even delete a calendar reminder. Can you help me? Coachvan1@cox.net "coachvan1@cox.net" <coachvan1@cox.net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9D09235-B706-463F-8E51-E22AEE731921@microsoft.com... > Boy, do I need help. > I''m a novice with a lot of email experience; but this program is thr...

Outlook 2007 Not Working after IE8B2 Install
Outlook 2007 has stopped working since I installed IE8 beta 2 I start OL2007 - the "blank" screen and splash are displayed along with a Windows Installer dialogue box with the text "Preparing to install...". I gave it half an hour it just sits there, I killed OL and rebooted, OL asked if I wanted to start in Safe Mode I responded in the affirmative but the Windows Installer window is still there. Neither Task Manager, Process Explorer nor System Explorer show a Task or Process for an installer. The Windows Installer window is owned by the Outlook 2007 process, its ...

Problem With Opening Attachments
For some reason, when I click on any attachment in received e-mails Microsoft Publisher opens and the attachments cannot be viewed. Does anybody know how to prevent this? It started just a couple of days ago and I haven't been able to find a solution anywhere. Thanks in advance. ...