Publisher File formats

I need to send file in a tif or jpeg format but when I
save the file I still get the pub extension after the .tif'

Can I not save in anything but pub?

Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

Ray,

It would help us to answer your question if you told us which version of
Publisher you are using.
--

JoAnn

Two things are aesthetically perfect in the world - the clock and the cat.
                  --Emile-August Chartier

"Ray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need to send file in a tif or jpeg format but when I
> save the file I still get the pub extension after the .tif'
>
> Can I not save in anything but pub?
>
> Thanks

0
jl_amerson (3088)
1/16/2004 7:48:44 PM
After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Ray <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...
> I need to send file in a tif or jpeg format but when I
> save the file I still get the pub extension after the .tif'
If sounds like you have not selected a graphic file format.  If you have
Publisher file format selected, then Publisher will add the .pub extension.

> Can I not save in anything but pub?
If you have the Filetype option greyed out, then you cannot save in any
format but .pub, without using a third-party app such as SnagIt from
www.techsmith.com - you can print to the SnagIt printer driver, and instead
of a printed document coming out, you get an image.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)

Print format changes when saving as a PDF
Not sure if this is a Publisher question or Adobe question but I have made several flyers in Publisher and when I save them to PDF, the page setup modifications go back to default. Any ideas? What do you mean *back to default*? Are you using a template? You might save the file first and then convert. What version Publisher? Are you using Acrobat? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Joey" <Joey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18CF932A-A885-40AA-9876-7AA84F86C436@microsoft.com... > N...

Publisher can't open files...
Conditions for the PC mentioned below: O/S: Wxp Pro - total updated. Office: Of2k - total updated. ****** Situation: I have received e-mails with publisher-files attached. When I try to open the files, my Publisher comes up with the error-message (translated from danish to english): "Publisher can't open files, which are created in another version of Publisher." When I look in the properties of the files, I can see the author's name, but not the version of the publisher, with which the files are created, or the Publisher-format of the files. (It should have been a goo...

Slow reading xml file
I'm opening an xml file with the statement XPathDocument xPathDocument = new XPathDocument(fileLocation); and then scanning the structure using an XPathNavigator. This works but loading the document is tediously slow, since the xml file can be pretty large. What is a quick alternative ? JezB wrote: > I'm opening an xml file with the statement > > XPathDocument xPathDocument = new XPathDocument(fileLocation); > > and then scanning the structure using an XPathNavigator. This works but > loading the document is tediously slow, since the xml file can be pret...

Folder/File Permissions
Hi, I have been asked to set up permissions on a folder (Windows 2003 Server) to restrict only a few domain users from seeing and accessing this folder, and I'm looking for advice on how best to do this. What I want to do is: I have a share on the server that has several folders with subfolders. One a particular subfolder, I want the subfolder and files in it to only be seen and accessible by some individual domain members, not all users. Any advice on the best way to accomplish this? Mike Hello Mike, If you like to limit the option to view folders check out Ac...

Transparent shapes in Publisher 2003
Hi, I have a problem that I've posted on the Adobe Acrobat Forum and so far nobody has been able to provide a resolution to my problem. I've created some documents in Publisher 2003 that contain a few transparent shapes which act to highlight text, and also a WordArt title that has a shadow. However when I convert them to PDF to send to a Printing Company, the transparent shapes and the shadow come out as cross-hatch and not a smooth transparency - completely ruining the look of the documents. I'm assuming that this is not something new, so would hope that somone out there ...

Formatting envelopes
Hi, I posted this question before, but I don’t think I asked my question correctly. I have a table with name and addresses and another table with envelope sizes (width and height in inches). Is it not possible to select a LETTER size paper in LANDSCAPE mode and print envelopes using the width and height to calculate the margins needed to print on the selected envelope? Another question? When printing in landscape mode do all printers print the page from left to right? If not, my idea will not work. I would really like to get this to work and your help would be greatly appr...

formatting the column/bar of a graph
How do I set the transparency of a bar or column in a graph. Have gone to Format Data Series - Fill effects, but the transparency is greyed out. Method 1: On the Patterns tab Area section choose None Or Method 2 1. Select an empty cell 2. Hold down the Shift key and choose Edit, Copy Picture, OK 3. Select the series on the chart and choose Paste. -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire Microsoft Excel MVP "WitchLady" wrote: > How do I set the transparency of a bar or column in a graph. Have gone to > Format Data Series - Fill effects, but the transparency is greyed out. That s...

can't open files with a # sign in the title
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I just got a new imac and when I try to open files with a # in the title excel opens but the file won't appear. <br> if I remove the # from the title it opens again We've had this discussion very recently in the Word discussion group. The conclusion was that this mechanism seems to work fine in Office 2008, and that it is generally not a good idea to include special characters, such as "#", in a file name. Sorry if this doesn't really help you. On 17/02/10 2:45, guitar5@o...

System Files
Hello, I am trying to locate the boot.ini file on the Windows XP Professional CD. I am trying to create a bootable cd. Please advise. -- Mike Jessica@aol.com wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to locate the boot.ini file on the Windows XP Professional CD. I > am trying to create a bootable cd. > > Please advise. First of all, I'll have to admit, I've never made a bootable CD from scratch myself. These are just a few bits and pieces I've noticed along the way. It is not simply a matter of "throwing" some files onto a CD. http...

dbx files. How to open?
I wanted to look at a dbx file and do not now what programme is associated with it in order to open the file? Blair "bm" <Darroch@aol.com> wrote in message news:%23JTZhB4iKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I wanted to look at a dbx file and do not now what programme is associated with >it in order to open the file? > Blair > http://www.insideoe.com/files/store.htm#userfiles If you want to see/read/save any messages without using OE: http://www.mitec.cz/mailview.html -- Brian A. Sesko Conflicts start where information lacks. http://bas...

Shopping Cart from Publisher?
I would like to build a selling site using Publisher. I would like to know if I can link the products I show what customers have order to a shopping cart? Please advise. I have no clue but could you tell me how to put html codes into publisher? I have a paypal cart and I need to know how to put that code into the publisher. I know how to do it in Dreamweaver but not in Publisher. If you know, please email me ellochka@gmail.com thanks. On Sep 9, 10:19 pm, Elloc...@gmail.com wrote: > I have no clue but could you tell me how to put html codes into > publisher? I have a paypal cart an...

Double-clicking .xls file opens Excel but doesn't open the file
A user was trying to print a directory list of Excel files not know that the command would try to open each file and print it. He cancelled the job through Task Manager. Now when he tries to open an Excel file (.xls) by double-clicking on it, the Excel application opens but the file does not. File can be opened by clicking on "File", "Open" and selecting the file. Why won't it open when double-clicking? Thanks. Check the setting in tools/options/general/ignore other applilcations (should be unchecked) "DG" <DG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Change the formatting of row by select a single cell & Editing should be working #2
Hi All; I require such a sheet code which can help me in Changing the formatting of row (like A1:A25) of selected cell (A4 is Selected) and allow me to use editing (Cut, Copy, Paste, Undo etc). Currently I'm Using following code but this does not allow me to use editing (Cut, Copy, Paste, Undo etc) and I can not decide the range for working this sheet code. Any kind help is appreciated. Private Sub Search_Click() Sheets("Quick Search").Visible = True ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Visible = False Sheets("Quick Search").Select End Sub Private Sub Workshe...

Sorting cells with formatting
I've a spreadsheet where I formatted certain cells with fills and borders. When I sort the cells, the formatting stays and did not move with the cells. Is it possible to sort the cells such that the format stays with the specific cells? Thanks. Hi no this is not possible -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Derrick" <Derrick@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3ED38F84-8D39-4731-A3D7-7E925C637C05@microsoft.com... > I've a spreadsheet where I formatted certain cells with fills and borders. > > When I sort the cells, the formatting...

Indexing in Publisher
Apparently Publisher doesn't have an indexing feature like the one in Word. Is there a program or another way to create an Index without leaving Publisher? -- Sue ...

Function Pitfalls in Celll Formatting
Does anybody know if incorrect cell formatting can cause issues in functions? That is do I need to be cognisent of incorrect formats when undertaking calculations? That is, I know that I can format a cell as text. If the cell in question is a number say "100". If I format this as text, it doesn't seem to cause any issues in funtions. I also know that if I put the wrong number of days in month (30/02/2005) or the wrong number of months (30/13/2005) Excel automatically refuses to turn this into a serial number and the contents of the cell is left justified to reflect th...

Word 2004 files placed in Pagemaker lose styles
Word 2004 files placed in Pagemaker v.6.52 or v.7.0.1 lose their styles, come in as "No Style." This is a major pain for files with many style changes. This occurs only for files made in Word 2004 v.11.5 or later. However files made in Word 2004 versions up to v.11.4.1 do bring styles when placed in Pagemaker. If we must downgrade a computer to a Word version compatible with Pagemaker, we could uninstall Office. In Applications/Microsoft Office/Additional Tools/Remove Office, run Remove Office at least three times. Then reinstall from our Word 2004 install CD, which should be...

Sorting With Conditional Formats
I have a worksheet with approximately 50 rows of information. Each ro contains some cells with Conditional Formats. My problem is that when I sort the information, the conditional format remain with the cell, rather than the resorted information. Any hope out there for resorting and carrying the original cell conditional formats -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi conditional formats are attached to a cell and not to the value of this cell. So no chance that the format is transfered while sorting. There may be another solution if you provide us with the conditional fo...

How do I easily format a column to convert input of 120307 to 12:.
I'm trying to reduce the amount of keystrokes a customer needs to enter time data. Essentially, they want to type only the numbers of an entry of hh:mm:ss. When using a format built into Excel (non-custom), the system turns the data into DD/MM/YY hh:mm:ss, coming up with an incorrect hour , minute, second conversion. any ideas? Preformat the cells as text prior to entry. In fact, the customer only needs 7 keystrokes (6 digits + <Enter>): A1: hhmmss Then, to convert to a time that Excel understands, use: =--REPLACE(REPLACE(A1,3,,":"),6,,":") and form...

E-mailing files with Excel or Word
I am a new user to Office 2007 & Windows Vista, having been a long time user of Excel 2003 & Word 2003. How do I e-mail a file in Excel or Word. 1. If I "send to e-mail recipient", it sends the page as part of the e-mail - seems to work easily. 2. However, if I "e-mail", nothing happens. 3. If I "send to e-mail as PDF attachment", it appears to send it to Publisher, but I can't find it, nor does it pull up the e-mail. I went to 2007 add-ins on the Microsoft site, and downloaded the "save as PDF" and I can now save a file as a...

Calendar Format
how do I format my calendar to display M - F only? ...

publisher 2000 #2
Help, I would much appreiciate it if anyonw can help me out. I am suddenly unable to import any clip art. I recieve the error message 0x800300fd. Any ideas????? Thank you for reading my request. Your cache maybe full, right-click your browser icon, properties, delete files or within IE, tools, Internet Options, delete files. Compact your Gallery, right-click any image, click recover. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "lynn" <jlboult@msn.com> wrote in message news:053401c35c73$d76b6540$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Help, > I would much app...

excel 2002 opens 2 copies of file
What causes excel to open 2 copies of the same file? Are the windows named Filename:1 and Filename:2? Then probably somebody did Window->New Window and saved the file. Next time the file is opened, two windows will open. Close one of the windows and save the file. HTH Anders Silv�n "Brad Chapman" <brad.chapman@weyerhaeuser.com> skrev i meddelandet news:024d01c36cb3$794f93f0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > What causes excel to open 2 copies of the same file? ...

Publisher 2002 layout guides move on save
I'm using Pub 2002, sp-2, on Win XP . When I try to move the layout guides for my facing-page layout, the guides on the right page will move, but I can'y keep them where I put them. They reset to a "mirror image" position around the center of the right page when I try to save the publication. So I can't get the two wide columns, one narrow column layout that I want and have on the left master page. What can cause this and how do I fix it? Many thanks. Ed Office 2002 has a third service pack. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=85af7bfd-6f69-...

Backup solutions for PST Files
My users all have a .PST files on their local hard disk for archiving purposes. I'm looking for a software that could automatically copy, once a week, the .pst file to a network drive after outlook is shutdown. I'm looking for something that can be used and setup without any user intervention. I've looked into microsoft .PST backup Add-in, but it seems to rely on user intervention to backup the .pst and it also seems to be hard to deploy centrally (i.e.: only works on the profile it was installed to). So, I'm curious to see what everyone else is using out there. Thanks H...