Publisher file #2

I am preparing (as I do every month) a magazine formatted in booklet style.
Whenever I close and reopen, it's turned itself into a web page! I can
reconvert it via Page setup, but when I return to work some more, it's back
in web page format. Any idea why? and what can I do to stop it, please?

Protected by Norton Antivirus

What version Publisher?
--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Lorna Dodd" <lorna.dodd@virgin.net> wrote in message
>I am preparing (as I do every month) a magazine formatted in booklet style.
> Whenever I close and reopen, it's turned itself into a web page! I can
> reconvert it via Page setup, but when I return to work some more, it's back
> in web page format. Any idea why? and what can I do to stop it, please?

> Protected by Norton Antivirus

0
gsauer (5093)
8/19/2004 9:01:36 PM
Publisher 2002. It's up to date with the latest Office updates (at least,
it's got SP3 and the downloads website says I don't need anything...)
I'm using Windows XP (not yet on SP2) and also Norton, so have read (and
will investigate) warnings about that, though this problem is new and I've
had Norton installed since I bought the current PC (18 months ago).

"Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> What version Publisher?
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
> "Lorna Dodd" <lorna.dodd@virgin.net> wrote in message
> >I am preparing (as I do every month) a magazine formatted in booklet
style.
> > Whenever I close and reopen, it's turned itself into a web page! I can
> > reconvert it via Page setup, but when I return to work some more, it's
back
> > in web page format. Any idea why? and what can I do to stop it, please?
> >
> > --
> > Protected by Norton Antivirus

I have tried to take a document meant for print, turned it into a web page, and then
back to a print document. Everything is changed.  I simply cannot imagine this
happening and your being able to continue with your print publication and not having
to make major adjustments.
It is my opinion you have corruption going on in this document, probably a graphic.
This maybe arduous, open a new instance of Publisher, set it up the same as your
booklet, group each page of your present booklet, copy and paste to the new document.
Save every time you paste a page, close the document and reopen. You might be able to
find the corrupted element.
You could update your video driver as well.
--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Publisher 2002. It's up to date with the latest Office updates (at least,
> it's got SP3 and the downloads website says I don't need anything...)
> I'm using Windows XP (not yet on SP2) and also Norton, so have read (and
> will investigate) warnings about that, though this problem is new and I've
> had Norton installed since I bought the current PC (18 months ago).
>

> "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> What version Publisher?
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MS MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
>> "Lorna Dodd" <lorna.dodd@virgin.net> wrote in message
>> >I am preparing (as I do every month) a magazine formatted in booklet
> style.
>> > Whenever I close and reopen, it's turned itself into a web page! I can
>> > reconvert it via Page setup, but when I return to work some more, it's
> back
>> > in web page format. Any idea why? and what can I do to stop it, please?
>> >
>> > --
>> > --------------------------------------------
>> > Protected by Norton Antivirus

0
gsauer (5093)
8/20/2004 5:52:18 PM
It is weird, isn't it?! When I open the booklet and it's turned into a web
page, the size is 'custom' -- i.e. A5 size, so all I have to do to get it
back again is turn it into a booklet via Page Setup, then into Tools/Layout
Guides to return the margins to the correct size, and all is then well.
Until I load it up the next time and have to do it all over again...

But when I have safely printed it (today, I hope) I will try experimenting
with the basic booklet file I have saved and from which each monthly
magazine is prepared, to see if there is a corrupt element. Yesterday I
tried opening and closing all sorts of other saved files, and they all
remained as they were, so it is just this current magazine that is the
problem. Many thanks for the help.

> I have tried to take a document meant for print, turned it into a web
page, and then
> back to a print document. Everything is changed.  I simply cannot imagine
this
> happening and your being able to continue with your print publication and
not having
> to make major adjustments.
> It is my opinion you have corruption going on in this document, probably a
graphic.
> This maybe arduous, open a new instance of Publisher, set it up the same
as your
> booklet, group each page of your present booklet, copy and paste to the
new document.
> Save every time you paste a page, close the document and reopen. You might
be able to
> find the corrupted element.
> You could update your video driver as well.
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
> "Lorna Dodd" <lorna.dodd@virgin.net> wrote in message
> > Publisher 2002. It's up to date with the latest Office updates (at
least,
> > it's got SP3 and the downloads website says I don't need anything...)
> > I'm using Windows XP (not yet on SP2) and also Norton, so have read (and
> > will investigate) warnings about that, though this problem is new and
I've
> > had Norton installed since I bought the current PC (18 months ago).
> >

> > "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> >> What version Publisher?
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
> >> "Lorna Dodd" <lorna.dodd@virgin.net> wrote in message
> > style.
> > back

Macro to delete an entire row with cells missing a specific chartacter #2
Hey Harald, This is the script I am using to remove "IS" Sub Findanddelete_IS() Dim rng As Range Dim what As String what = "IS" Do Set rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Find(what) If rng Is Nothing Then Exit Do Else Rows(rng.Row).Delete End If Loop End Sub So...my programming experience is a tiny bit limited, not sure how t delete anything missing the IS as opposed to containing the IS. understand in theory but my knowledge of syntax is the limiter. Harald Staff Wrote: > Hi Asf > > This is far more useful if you figure it out yourself, since you'r > pr...

Delegation #2
My company recently converted from a Groupwise email system to Outlook. In groupwise, I set up proxy access for users to access other mailboxes, such as a fax or helpdesk mailbox. With the new setup, our biggest problem is that when users send from the other accounts, the emails go into their own sent folders--not the account they emailed from (like fax or helpdesk). This is important because more than one person may monitor those boxes and there needs to be a history of who sent what were. Is there something I am doing wrong? I thought it was a delegation thing because all the instruct...

T-bills and investments #2
I am stuck trying to post purchases & sales of T-bills. The number just don't seem to work out right when I look at the transactions, and I cannot figure out how to get the interest and renewals to post. My problem is when I "buy" a t-bill for 990 ($1000 discounted), it values the T-bill at 9.90. That does not seem right to me, there must be something wrong. The investment is set up as a treasury account (not on-line), and I'm just trying to post my purchases. Can someone help me to figure out how to post these discounted bonds or tell me where I can find help ...

Excel text box #2
Is there a way to set the default text alignment to "center" for both vertical and horizontal in the draw text box? I am using Excel 2000. I found it for the cell default. That's what I want to do with the draw text box. -- Thanks To get the horizontal centering--just select your text and hit the Center Icon on the format toolbar--just like you would to center text in a cell. I had to hit enter a few times (at the beginning of the text) to center it vertically. rvrl wrote: > > Is there a way to set the default text alignment to "center" for both > ...

Writing the DBF file
Hello, All! I have a trouble with writing a database to a file. Here's my code: // Write the file structure SDBFHeader dbfHdr; dbfHdr.nVersion = 0x03; strcpy(dbfHdr.cLastUpdate, _T("3A6")); dbfHdr.nNumOfRecs = m_ctrlList.GetItemCount(); dbfHdr.nNumOfBytesInHdr = 32 + (3 * 32) + 1; dbfHdr.nNumOfBytesInRec = m_nFieldsLength[0] + m_nFieldsLength[1] + m_nFieldsLength[2] + 1; dbfHdr.nReserved1 = 0x00; dbfHdr.nIncmpltTrans = 0x00; dbfHdr.nEncrypt = 0x00; strcpy(dbfHdr.cMultiUser, _T("")); dbfHdr.nIndex = 0x00; dbfHdr.nLangID = 0x00; dbfHdr.nReserve...

Making data span 2 columns
Hi, I'm new to this community and new to the RMS system. I am trying to modify the PrintTransactionDetails sub in the receipt.xml to be 2 columns and put the entry.description information onto another row. The person who writes the descriptions likes to be wordy and I need the entire 40 columns in order to hold the text. I changed the 3 columns into 2 with a format of 71% for the item number or description and 29% for the sales amount. The description and a null field occupy the first row and the item number and amount occupies the second row. I have the transaction d...

2 DBs connections + commit/rollback
Hi, the asp.net app have to communicate with MSSQL and FireBird DBs. Because FB is desktop and MSSQL is web. Firebird is 3rd comp. .net driver we use... but the situation: Open FB tran and MSSQL tran... If the commit fails on FB that is first executed, the MSSQL (2nd step) is not executed, no problem... but how can I do a FB rollback that was commited if the MSSQL fails on commit? Have you ever seen this? Thanks Paulo Roberto wrote: > Hi, the asp.net app have to communicate with MSSQL and FireBird DBs. Because > FB is desktop and MSSQL is web. Firebird is 3r...

How Long Can Release 1.2 Still Be Purchased?
Hi, I know that support for 1.2 ends at the end of October, 2006. But does anyone know when purchases and sale (and the capability of getting registration keys) of release 1.2 ends? We work with a 3rd party ISV and their product won't be ready for 3.0 for quite a few more months and I am trying to figure out our response to clients who need this add-on and want CRM. Thanks. Alan ...

can't save due to sharing violation #2
unable to save file. receive error message that says unable to save due to sharing violation, but no other file is open. "Jusal" wrote: > unable to save file. receive error message that says unable to save due to > sharing violation, but no other file is open. This happens to me all the time and I have no idea why. I'm the only one who is using this computer . . . no network, no other users. Yet for no obvious reason and somewhat randomly I get that condition message. It sure eats up a lot of time. I have to save the file under a different (temporary) na...

Excel missing file
I am a registered user of Office XP Pro. Excel will not start. It is missing a file. In the process of moving, disks in storage. Where can I go online to download the missing file? And, how? ...

can you slash through a number in publisher
I want to show a price reduction on a flyer and wondered if a number/word can be slashed through? You can manually draw a slash with the line tool or the line autoshape tool, bring to the front. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Char" <Char@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08CE8032-FFC3-4A04-B101-43377ECA9069@microsoft.com... >I want to show a price reduction on a flyer and wondered if a number/word can > be slashed through? ...

Edit Header/Footer in Publishing Layout

sqlcmd and Error(s) to a file
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms162773.aspx sqlcmd File Names sqlcmd input files can be specified with the -i option or the :r command. Output files can be specified with the -o option or the :Error, :Out and :Perftrace commands. =========above lines are from the URL listed above============= Ok. If I set this command, I get the desired behavior: :Error "./myerrors.txt" (The desired behavior being, if no errors occur, then that file is created, however, it is empty, which is a great indicator for "nothing bad happened") ================= ...

Deleting transactions #2
Help! We had problems with one of our registers and we had to replace the PC that we were using and and when we finally got all ready to operate we lost everything that we had rung in (which we re-entered later) but now when we run a detailed sales report for that day it shows all of the sales that we cannot see in the journal but they show on the report, I want to delete them but there is not a batch for those transactions only the transaction # and I do not want to delete all of the transactions just the ones that are incorrect for that day. I hope someone can help Thanks! You can v...

Outlook 2003 "Favorite Folders" #2
In the upper left corner of Outlook 2003 there is a "Favorite Folder" box whitch contains folders. How does one edit these folders (remove.) Thanks...Keith Right click and remove, it is under the search folders. If you do not want any just choose folder list insetead of mail "Keith" <keith@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:cRa%b.9581$aT1.8218@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net... > In the upper left corner of Outlook 2003 there is a "Favorite Folder" box > whitch contains folders. > > How does one edit these folders (remove.) > > Thanks...

Adress Book #2
In the help file it states... "The Outlook Address Book is created automatically and contains the contacts in your Contacts folder" I imported my contcts from a .csv file and the address book was not automatically created. So when I make a new e-mail press "to" the outlook address book is empty and if I try to add a new entry to the outlook address book is says "a new entry could not be added. PLease use the contacts module to create this entry." to which if I do it still does not show up in the address book ? Thanks Keith You will need to include some in...

Excel 2002: Can I save all files by just one click ?
Hi, I have 10 working files in an active window. There is no Save All button under the file menu. May I know if I can save all the files at one click without having to exit excel ? Thanks Low This delivers it in 2 clicks ... Hold down Shift key, click File > Close All Then click "Yes to All" in the ensuing prompt to save changes Success? Celebrate it, hit the YES below -- Max Singapore --- "Mr. Low" wrote: > I have 10 working files in an active window. > There is no Save All button under the file menu. > May I know if I c...

Strange 5.2.1 error
Greets, Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003. I have a public folder that is e-mail enabled, that certain users send to. Everything works fine, except for one user, who gets a 5.2.1 error when she sends to that public folder. I have obtained the Hot Fix referenced in 870585, but that did not fix it. Further, I have verified that every group that she is a member, the Exchange Enterprise Servers group has read perms to. I have cross-referenced group memberships comparing users who CAN send to the folder with her perms, and narrowed it down to possible groups. I am going to remove he...

Exchange 2000 question regarding one AD object with 2 mailboxes
Help please. Exchange 2000 AD 2003. We have a mailbox for our Support desk. This mailbox is called supportdesk. So the AD object is also called supportdesk. We need to change the name to helpdesk. Prior to doing this we want to advertise the new name to all staff. Is there a way we can make the new AD object called helpdesk and then assign the old supportcenter mailbox to it before deleting the existing supportdesk mailbox . I.e create new account with mailbox called helpdesk and also have mailbox called supportdesk assigned to it as well. So if mail goes to supportdesk mailbox...

2-hour hibernate failure
This is a new thread. See old stuff for history. Okay, John, I'm using Clone2 and have started running your investigatory programs. > Service Name,Start Mode > Alerter,Disabled, > ALG,Manual, > AppMgmt,Manual, > aspnet_state,Manual, > Ati HotKey Poller,Auto, > ATI Smart,Auto, > AudioSrv,Auto, > Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler,Disabled, > BITS,Manual, > Browser,Auto, > CiSvc,Manual, > ClipSrv,Disabled, > clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32,Manual, > COMSysApp,Manual, > CryptSvc,Auto, > DcomLaunch,Auto, > Dhcp,Auto, >...

Modern.ttf font file requested
Hi, I have bought a Dell computer almost 2 years ago and it already had the modern.ttf font file installed (no, I am not talking about the modern.fon file). I have first reinstalled Windows XP without any problems. When I have installed Windows XP for the second time and thereafter, the modern.ttf file was not installed or it was missing from the Windows XP installation disk. I have looked all over the internet for a possible download link, but have not had any luck. Is there a way that someone would send me the modern.ttf file or tell me of a place to download the file or exactly what sof...

if Condition #2
Can anyone clarify my doubt please. I have 3 fields condition 1, condition 2 and condition 3. If the value of condition 1 or Condition 3 is equal to 1 then my result should show as 10. How can do this? Can I use this using If condition, then how can I do it? Maybe??? =if(or(a1=1,c1=1),10,"what should go here") saraskandan@gmail.com wrote: > > Can anyone clarify my doubt please. I have 3 fields condition 1, > condition 2 and condition 3. If the value of condition 1 or Condition 3 > is equal to 1 then my result should show as 10. How can do this? Can I > use this ...

Colors #2
Hello I am aware that the following may not be exactly an Excel question, but none the less I hope someone will explain. Why is it that in Excel's Colors dialog box (Custom) one can mix red, green and blue and not the primary colors red, blue and yellow?. Guess I should know, but I don't. Hans Knudsen I believe the answer is related to the way a monitor produces color on the pixel level. The primary colors for each pixel are Red, Blue, and Green, (known as RBG). Primary colors generally relate to the way offset presses work using the 3 primary colors overlaping each other, plus o...

Error with the Deployment Manager- access to the file \CRM\_xslfiles\1_Create.xsl refused
Dear all, Dear all, Configuration: CRM 1.2 on a SBS2003 with the rollup 1.2 I 'm unable to deploy my customization . Indeed, as usual i created some new customization fields through the deployment manager and i added them to the account form. No problem with this. But when i launched the Deployment Manager for publishing it failed after a while and it seems there is a problem to access to the following ..xsl file: ...\CRM\_xslfiles\1_Create.xsl. Before i didn't have this problem. Strange? In the event log i have the message: "Erreur ProcessImportWorkItem : Access to the file &...

Digital photos too large in publisher document.
I am trying to make a powerpoint presentation of new members joining our church in 2008. I desire to have one picture per slide. The size of the photo is too large and it locks up my computer to the point that I cannot prepare this presentation. Approximately 60 photos. I need to know how to reduce the size of these photos in a publisher document, if possible. Thank you "ChurchSecretary" <ChurchSecretary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6990EE78-EB67-495A-BD09-E40EC9121124@microsoft.com... > I am trying to make a powerpoint presentation of new member...