Publisher Error - PTXT9.DLL

I am running Windows ME and re-installed MS Office Premium 2000.
Word runs okay, so does Excel, and PowerPoint, but I tried to Open
and run Publisher and I get the following Publisher Error Message:
Publisher cannot load the required file (ptxt9.dll). You may be out
of memory, or the file may be corrupt.
Please someone help me. I even went and disabled some start-up
programs to free-up some system resources so I have enough to start
programs such as Publisher and Corel Draw. I  ran Publisher before I did
the re-install and I never had any problems.

Thanks
Leo

0
nospam2791 (369)

PUB2000 Error Message: Publisher Cannot Load the Required File (PTXT9.DLL)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;235385&Product=pub2000

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Leo" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message
> I am running Windows ME and re-installed MS Office Premium 2000.
> Word runs okay, so does Excel, and PowerPoint, but I tried to Open
> and run Publisher and I get the following Publisher Error Message:
> Publisher cannot load the required file (ptxt9.dll). You may be out
> of memory, or the file may be corrupt.
> Please someone help me. I even went and disabled some start-up
> programs to free-up some system resources so I have enough to start
> programs such as Publisher and Corel Draw. I  ran Publisher before I did
> the re-install and I never had any problems.
>
> Thanks
> Leo

0
laserdog (1122)
4/4/2004 6:00:15 PM
I stumbled across a specific reference to this on the MS web site. I don't
remember where, or what the solution was, but check the Publisher FAQ and
then, if that fails, do a search on PTXT9 and you should find it.

--
Regards,

Jerry Schwartz
"Leo" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message
> I am running Windows ME and re-installed MS Office Premium 2000.
> Word runs okay, so does Excel, and PowerPoint, but I tried to Open
> and run Publisher and I get the following Publisher Error Message:
> Publisher cannot load the required file (ptxt9.dll). You may be out
> of memory, or the file may be corrupt.
> Please someone help me. I even went and disabled some start-up
> programs to free-up some system resources so I have enough to start
> programs such as Publisher and Corel Draw. I  ran Publisher before I did
> the re-install and I never had any problems.
>
> Thanks
> Leo

Error msge on closing Outlook
When I go out of Outlook I get an error message the contents which are listed below. How do I solve this pain in the butt? AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 12.0.6023.5000 AppStamp:46574050 ModName: dccmsp32.dll ModVer: 10.0.2000.929 ModStamp:39d4133c fDebug: 0 Offset: 00005346 Running XP Pro SR2 with all updates to date and have Office 2007 Enterprise on board. Hard to say offhand, but there are a few standard steps that might help: See if this helps: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/scanpst.htm Also you might try repairing Outlook fron Control Panel | Add/Remo...

"Server Recipients" gives an error
I have a Mixed Mode 5.5 setup with several 2000 and one exchange 2003 server. If I select the exchange 2003 server in MS Exchange 5.5 Admin and click on that servers "Server Recipients", I recieve this message. The requested operation cannot be completed because the operation is not supported on this object Microsoft Exchage Address Book ID no: 80040102-0000-00000000 Any comments would be helpful. Thanks. hmmm...I can see items in this container in my Exchange admin program with no problem...where are you looking at this? on a server? or on a workstation? were you ever able to...

Link Error: Unresolved external GetThisClass
I am writing an MDI application based generally on the CHKBOOK sample. I need to have several views of the same document. I started out creating a single view and got that working then made a copy of the first view and did a replace on the class name to create the second view. At this point the second view is still identical to the first until I get the mechanism working the way I want it. The problem is that I keep getting the following link error once the second view is added: PCR.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static struct CRuntimeClass * __stdcall CByDayVie...

Regular or Extension DLL?
Hello World! I'm trying to decide if I need to create an MFC Extension DLL, or just a regular DLL that links dynamically to MFC. It all hinges upon whether I can call methods on MFC objects that are owned by the EXE from the DLL as long as the pointer to the object remains physically within EXE code. For instance: If the DLL calls a function in the EXE, and an MFC object pointer is used inside that function being called, is that okay, as long as the pointer does not get called directly from DLL code? Thank you very much, Rich. That depends on how the DLL / EXE &q...

Question about Exchange 5.5 error message
I have two Exchange 5.5 email servers running is the same domain, but geographically separated by 300+ Kilometers. I was curious to understand why a message created on EXCH2 would not go out its IMS connector but out the IMS connector of EXCH1, which again is at a distant location. The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=ORGANIZATION;l=EXCH2-04xxxxxxx50Z-4xxx3 MSEXCH:IMS:ORGANIZATION:SAME_DOMAIN:EXCH1 3499 (000B09B6) Host unreachable Thanks Pat bigpat@freenet.de (Pat) wrote: >I have two Exchange 5.5 email servers running is the same domain, but >geographic...

Error Within IF Statement
Could anyone assist me in assessing what is wrong with the formula below. I am getting a message "the formula you typed contains and error". What is highlighted is the last AND shown below Thanks =IF(F3="DOB Missing","Can't Calculate Rate",IF(D3="Country","",(IF(AND(F3<18),Rates!D16,(IF(AND(F3<19,F3>=18),Rates!D10,(IF(AND(F3>=19,F3<20,J3<1),Rates!D10,(IF(AND(F3>=19,F3<20,J3>1),Rates!D12,(IF(AND(F3>=20,J3<1),Rates!D10,(IF(AND(F3>=20,J3>1,J3<2),Rates!D12,Rates!G31))))))))))))) John, You hav...

Unable to add tasks
Received the following message when trying to add new tasks: Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid. Email: Microsoft Exchange Server. O/S: Windows XP Professional The IT department suggested I run scanpst but this is where I am confused. I work remotely (connect to network via a vpn) and use ost files. I did the scanpst on the ost files but that does not correct the problem. I reviewed other options but do not want to go any further without trying to get other opinions. ...

Publisher/Word auto saving to C Drive
I teach in a computer Lab and when students are editing text using Publisher, it takes them to Word andafter editing they close Word, I get a "Permission Error . . C drive." When I do it on my computer (has some admin. privileges) it works. How and where does one change where Word 'appears' to automatically save? AND/OR Can this be changed without giving all students Administrative Privileges? Thanks. ...

Error Code 0x8007000E
Sorry in advance I know not a lot about computers! Just bought a new computer and installed Outlook 2007 - every time a try to send an email it comes up with the following warning: Sending reported error (0x8007000E): Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again. It is a brand new computer and I have been trying it only running Outlook and that still does not work. Ran the diagnostic but it is say that everything is ok and the test emails are going through - the are not entering Outlook but can find them on Bigpond email website. PLEASE HEL...

Duplicating reocords from main form and subform receiving Runtime Error 3022
I am trying to develop a command button that will duplicate the main form and the subform information and save it to another record within the same tables. I used Allen Browne's program and modified it to fit my tables. At first it would copy the main form and not the subform data so I made some changes and now I am getting the Runtime error 3022. I have worked on this off and on for about 2 weeks. Any help on getting this to run will be greatly appreciated. Below is my code: Private Sub Command78_Click() 'On Error GoTo Err_Handler 'Purpose: Duplicate the main ...

error: failed to provision your initial business
Hi All, during installing CRM 1.2 from the CD we are receiving the following error msg: Failed to install microsoft customer relationship management server. Failed to provosion your initial business Failed to create root business Catastropic failure (8000FFFF) we are using win2000 adv srv sql2000 and crm 1.2 any ideas ?? did anyone else got this error ? I searched MS support site and KB but no use ! thanks in advance Regds ...

Error 227 'QQQ' is not declared.
I have many files like this one with identical statements for the MasterType, Content and for: <div id="QQQ"> and for the script shown below. A couple of those files cause the error: Error 227 'QQQ' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. The following markup is from one of those files. What could possibly be the problem with this file? Thanks <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/Main.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="2010Events.aspx.vb" Inhe...

Add comments to emailed publisher doc
I am sending an invitation as part of the body of an email. I want to add a comment to the email as well. Can I do this? Although your question was already answered three days ago, here's another take on it: Unless you are absolutely sure that all of your recipients can and will receive HTML emails, it is probably a better bet to send the invitation as a PDF attachment and place your comment in the body of the email. Many people will not accept HTML emails because viruses can be hidden within them. Bruce "slaine" wrote: > I am sending an invitation as part of the b...

Can't change default print resulotion in Publisher 2003
In Publisher 2003, I tried to change the print quality via the "Printer Properties" dialog box, but that didn't change the print resolution. I clicked "Advanced Print Settings..." in the print dialog box, but the only drop-down choice next to "Resolution" is "Default," which doesn't say what the default is but seems to be set at Super-fine. How do I cange the print resolution to Normal or Draft? Thank you. Don Burgess <DonBurgess@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > In Publisher 2003, I tried to change...

Out look express error
Sometimes when i open outlook express where my list of messages should be i get a error saying MESSAGE LIST CONTROL the only way to get rid of it is to close outlook and restart it. Can anyone tell me what this is and how do i fix it? Thanks Mike Michael Moore <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Sometimes when i open outlook express where my list of > messages should be i get a error saying MESSAGE LIST > CONTROL the only way to get rid of it is to close outlook > and restart it. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

CRM 3.0 Installation Error #2
Receiving the following error during "System Requirements" step of the server installation: "One or more Microsoft CRM groups are not valid. The group scope must be Domain Local or Global. The group type must be Security." Environment: SQL Server 2000 CRM Server: Server 2003 SP2 Details: I am trying to reinstall CRM on one of our redundant app servers. This server was already running CRM but was uninstalled in attempt to fix an issue. CRM is still running on the primary app server. I am therefore connecting to an existing DB. The AD groups exist, have the correct ...

Error received when assigning cases ; "The parameter is incorrect"
When users try to assign cases, they periodically receive the error message below. We've run SQL Profiler traces, CRMDiag and sent those files to Microsoft support. however they're not finding anything "wrong" here, and I'm beginning to get frustrated with not being able to narrow down the cause. Has anyone else experienced this issue? if so, how did you resolve it? Server Error in '/' Application -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The parameter is incorrect. Description: An unhandled exception occurred duri...

Change Percentage DIV/0! Error
I'm trying to see the change between (A) 2002 unit sales and (B)200 unit sales, and am using the following formula: =(B-A)/A This gives me the difference negative or positive, however if A (200 sales) is zero, then I get the DIV/0! error, how do I fix this? Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, A couple of things you might want to consider. One is that your formula will not take into account what the change is if the prior month base amount is negative. To fix that use the =IF(base=0,"",(current-base)/ABS(base)) This should help >-----Or...

Exchange has reported error, nothing in event logs
My exchange monitor has been send this alert out recently. We have recieve the error 3 times and have found nothing in the event logs. Any help is greatly appreciated! "TPEXCH00" has reported a "Error". Reported status is: Queues - "Unknown" Drives - "Error" Services - "OK" Memory - "Unknown" CPU - "Unknown" Sounds like a problem with the monitoring being unable to collect the disk space information, which could be a problem with WMI. Have you tried restarting the Exchange Management service? This is what allows Ex...

Transfer Errors
Hello, I am seeing an issue where a store generates a Transfer Out and when the receiving store receives the corresponding Transfer In, extra items show up (seemingly random items with random quantities) there were never issued in the Transfer Out. Has anyone seen this or know why it happens or how to deal with it. It does not seem to occur when HQ initiates the transfer via the 330 worksheet, only when a store originates the Transfer Out. Thanks, Dave It kind of sounds like you have some item data that's out of sync between your stores. You could try reindexing all store datab...

HELP!! Publisher won't open
I have Publisher 2000. When I click on the icon on the desktop, the program opens to the catalog page. When I click on 'existing files'. the program closes down. I can open the existing file in Windows Explorer, but as soon as I click on something, it closes down. This is a relatively new computer running Windows XP Media Center. I have been able to access my existing file before on this system. Can someone please help? Can you open Publisher in Safe Mode? Do you have a default printer enabled? Insert your 2000 disk, select repair. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.micros...

I can't print in publisher
We have just has a new photocopier / printer / scanner / facsimile machine installed, and we can print everything out fine - except in publisher. When I open a publisher file and go file / print and select the printer, it just comes up with an error message, and shuts down any advice would be very helpful e-mail :- admin@bestbusinessbuys.co.nz Thanks Nick What is the error? Try this, open the Printer folder, set some other printer as default, the Generic Color PS printer will do, open your file, print, select your new printer. Does the file print okay? Publisher saves printer settings w...

Microdoft Publisher 2007 trial on Vista
Hi Just downloaded the trial Publishwer 2007 version onto my HP Pavillion notebook pc and cannot find it! I have got a validation code but no programme to insert it in. Have tried searchin gfor the programme but can't see it anywhere. Any clues? Many thanks Jayney ...

SQL Error
While upgrading the GP 8.0 SP5 to GP 10, I am getting SQL error saying " use msdb /* if the job doesn't exist already create it. This complain is for PJOURNALS. I am not sure what this means. Has anyone seen this? Does the Remover Posted PJOURNALS job exist in Enterprise Manager (SQL 2000) or SQL Management Studio (SQL 2005)? It would be listed under the SQL Server Agent jobs. This job is typically automatically created when the software was installed and is updated with each upgrade if appropriate (I think). Have you moved to a new SQL Server? You may need to go script the...

how do i set up page 2 on the post car in Publisher?
I am trying to create a 2 sided post card. I have created the page w/ the information. How do I get the send and return addresses on the other side? Flip side <Flip side@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am trying to create a 2 sided post card. I have created the page w/ > the information. How do I get the send and return addresses on the > other side? Insert > Page? Is this a mail merge? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Hey there...If you used a preset template in the wizard for postcards, it will automatically provide 2 pages...