Publisher Drawing, I'm Back

If I am using Windows XP, and wish to purchase Publisher
2003 because of its, 'Escher Shared Drawing Tools from the
rest of Office', should I also consider getting a new
version of Office? I am currently using Office 2000 Small
Business. If so, what version is recommended? I currently
use Word, Excel, and Outlook Explorer that all come as
part of my current Office Package.
I hope the group will be gracious enough to forgive my
sniveling of yesterday. re. (Publisher & MS drawing Tools,
Dec 31, 03 6:19PM) I do agree with Epona's constructive
reply to my post. I wish to solve this problem with the MS
products that I am used to rather than emarking on a long
journey with Adobe.
Humble and Thankful for Ed's advice.
David Brown
0
david30 (11)

David Brown wrote:
> If I am using Windows XP, and wish to purchase Publisher
> 2003 because of its, 'Escher Shared Drawing Tools from the
> rest of Office', should I also consider getting a new
> version of Office? I am currently using Office 2000 Small
> Business. If so, what version is recommended? I currently
> use Word, Excel, and Outlook Explorer that all come as
> part of my current Office Package.
> I hope the group will be gracious enough to forgive my
> sniveling of yesterday. re. (Publisher & MS drawing Tools,
> Dec 31, 03 6:19PM) I do agree with Epona's constructive
> reply to my post. I wish to solve this problem with the MS
> products that I am used to rather than emarking on a long
> journey with Adobe.
> Humble and Thankful for Ed's advice.
> David Brown

Answered in the Office group - please don't multi-post; if you must,
cross-post, putting each newsgroup you're posting to in the newgroups field
in the message. Mult-posting is just plain annoying.

0
epona (80)
1/1/2004 9:36:12 PM
It's not necessary but if you have the extra money the week after Christmas,
go for it. I'm currently running Office 2000 Pro with Pub 2000, 2002, and
2003. You could do the same if you need/want to.

As for spouting off, we all occasionally say things that we soon regret. It
takes a big person to admit that he snivelled.  ;-)

"David Brown" <david30@cox.net> wrote in message
> If I am using Windows XP, and wish to purchase Publisher
> 2003 because of its, 'Escher Shared Drawing Tools from the
> rest of Office', should I also consider getting a new
> version of Office? I am currently using Office 2000 Small
> Business. If so, what version is recommended? I currently
> use Word, Excel, and Outlook Explorer that all come as
> part of my current Office Package.
> I hope the group will be gracious enough to forgive my
> sniveling of yesterday. re. (Publisher & MS drawing Tools,
> Dec 31, 03 6:19PM) I do agree with Epona's constructive
> reply to my post. I wish to solve this problem with the MS
> products that I am used to rather than emarking on a long
> journey with Adobe.
> Humble and Thankful for Ed's advice.
> David Brown

0
jl_amerson (3088)

How do I setup a book cover using Publisher
I am publishing a book of poetry in Publisher 2003. There are 68 pages including front and back cover (using 8-1/2" x 11" paper). I would like to print the title and author on the spine. However, I am having trouble because of the ruler. I have discovered the "binding margin" option but the ruler still does not allow the wording to print exactly on the spine. Any suggestions? Have you turned on "snap." Have you selected center in the format text box dialog? Look at this article, it has help near the bottom. Structure your publication design using lay...

Money 2004 Install Wizard won't come back :(
I need to find out how to get the initial setup wizard to run. I was going through the initial set up of accounts, but had to stop. I closed Money, assuming that it would save to that point and re-open to where I was. But now when I start money, it does not give me the wizard. It opens to the program home page. I tried uninstalling the program (not that much was entered, so it was no big thing), but it still opens on the money home page when I re-install and open it again. What do I need to do to get it to start fresh???? Please help. Thanks Remove the "FOUR YOU" in my emai...

Publisher 2003 printing missing
At my school my students are creating newsletters. On random lines...on each student's printout...there are partial lines printed. Some titles don't print. Students have tried changing the size of the font, the font itself, the size of the text boxes, etc. We are always missing partial lines. It is a different place on each paper and it happens on different printers. Any suggestions? Barbmc wrote: > At my school my students are creating newsletters. On random lines...on each > student's printout...there are partial lines printed. Some titles don't > p...

Publisher 97 and date/time print
I am designing an office card using 1997 Publisher. No matter what I do it prints day, month,year and time on every page. I have checked background and there is no text box even there to delete to stop this problem. How can I find and delete? This will be an option of your printer driver. Disable that option and your trauma will be over. -- ...

Find a multiple photos on a page template for Publisher?
Possible to find a template for Publisher to print a page full of multiple photos without recreating the page each time I print. Why not save your page you have created as a template? File, "save as", files of type, scroll down to Publisher template. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "srfaith" <srfaith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:157E95AB-1159-4889-B196-61E147E6E240@microsoft.com... > Possible to find a template for Publisher to print a page full of multiple > photos without recreating the page each time I print. ...

How to get the envelope back
Hi, A few days ago I got an email, however after reading it the envelope was still in the task bar so I right clicked on it and selected hide envelope. Now the envelope doesn't appear at all, is there a way to get it back? Thanks for your help. The option to turn that back on should be here in OL2003: Tools menu > Options > Email > Advanced "Shaun" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eoTmU8UtFHA.1256@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > A few days ago I got an email, however after reading it the envelope was > still in the task bar so I r...

What file to look for on my hard drive back up to recover my Entourage contact list?

MS Publisher 2000 continually installs
installed Office 2000 disk 1 and then MS Publisher from Disk 2. After I installed Publisher, it wants to do another install every time it is executed. What can I do to resolve this? You can get a program from the MS website called "msicu.exe" and there is a second one required for Disk 2 of Office. Read the instructions with these files carefully, and fully understand how they work, but they will/should cure your ills. Windows Installer cleaner Cd2Cleaner http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q247/6/74.asp http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q239/9/3...

[Publisher 2003] Print large format on single page?!
Hello, can anyone tell me how I can print a large-format poster on one single smaller page? (I only find the option for distributing the poster on several pages.) Thanks! Frank Will your printer print a large format poster? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Frank Peters" <frank123.nospam@web.de> wrote in message news:c9078d$h9b$03$1@news.t-online.com... > Hello, > > can anyone tell me how I can print a large-format poster on one single > smaller page? (I only find the option for distributing the poster on > several pages.) > > Thanks! Fran...

open a publisher file wihtout publisher ?
I dont have publisher on my PC but someone sent me a file. Is there any other way to open it ? Hi chris (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I dont have publisher on my PC but someone sent me a file. || Is there any other way to open it ? No. You need Publisher. Have them convert the file to PDF using Acrobat or PrimoPDF (www.primopdf.com) and send it to you. You can then use Adobe Reader to view the file. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranti...

Problem opening publisher files over a network
I am having trouble opening publisher files over a local network. I can open other office documents contained within the same folders as those I cannot open. Suggestions? This is not an antivirus issue... I've turned them off and tried... Copy the file to your local hard drive and try again. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "LJinViroqua" <LJinViroqua@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:090FBB11-B0DA-4A38-8224-3E9EB3A...

Back Order Question
Hi, Have a back order question. Normal back orders are working right. In that if you have 10 and the order is for 15. During the lineitem transtaction it will put 5 in the backorder field automatically. What we need is if the customer orders 15 and we have 20, but only ship 10. We want the BO field to automatically fill with 5. Is this possible. Thanks in advance. Dexter Southerland It depends on how you fulfill and if you have cancel and bo enabled in the document types. If you have these enabled and are using Use Separate Fulfillment, you can select 10 to ship and set 5 to BO. T...

Did Publisher 2007 get left behind?
Did Publisher 2007 somehow escape the Office 2007 redesign that was done to Word, Excel, etc. I don't see the ribbon and it doesn't appear to be using the .pubx filetype. Publisher is Office's black sheep... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lurfys Maw" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:haql44p59ts3k3j7b9rd2nkldnliqrk9qd@4ax.com... > Did Publisher 2007 somehow escape the Office 2007 redesign that was > done to Word, Excel, etc. I don't see the ribbon and it doesn'...

Publisher 2000 will not open all files.
My hard drive went down and had to be replaced. I re-installed Microsoft Publisher 2000 version 6.0 The only version I have ever had or used. I copied my publisher files onto the new hard drive and since then Publisher has opened some files with no problems. Others (approx:50%=) open on a blank page with a message (Box) that says, within it, 'Publisher cannot open files from a different version.' What different version, I have only had the one. I would appreciate some help here as I have a large numer of files that Pulisher will not let me access. Regards. -- Oldsteve, Silver Sur...

How can I print documents saved separately in My Pictures back-to-
Need to print scanned docs saved in My Pictures back-to-back to save paper. How? I know about Print-properties-Duplex, but these are all separate files, so not sure how to do it. Help! To use Word to do it, you would have to insert all of the scanned documents into a Word document and then print that document in duplex mode. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "anno" <anno@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Microsoft Publisher 2002 #2
I am trynig to install Microsoft Publisher 2002 from CDROM. I am browse the CD and run the following file: "E:\publisher 2002\Microsoft Publisher XP 2002\Publisher XP\Pub.msi" Error 25506 appears saying "Microsoft Publisher 2002 requires updated system files not detected on the computer. You must install the Systems Files Update prior to installing Publisher. C:\Program Files\Coomon Files\System\ADO\MSODOR15.DLL is version 2.10.3711.3 wehn we require version 2.50.4403.4." Can anyone please help me on this? Thank you in anticipation. Have you called Microsoft? I ...

Publisher 2002 file conversion error in Publisher 2003 printing
I have a file created and saved in Publisher 2002. The file is saved as a booklet to print on a tabloid paper. The file is fine when I look at it in print preview and print it using publisher 2002. However, when I open it in Publisher 2003 it appears fine unless I print preview or print it. The Publisher 2003 printing has graphic duplicates on several pages and leaves off items on other pages. Can you suggest a fix so I will be able to use Publisher 2003. I am running a new Dell XPS m170 with Office 2003 loaded. Thanks. I'd suggest an updated printer driver. Do you have objec...

Publisher does not see printer
Publisher wont see my printer at work ever since I used my printer at home to touch up a few menus. Windows sees the work printer (a canon) and is set as the default printer and I can print in all programs except Publisher with the canon . I can print in Publisher with my home printer (a Dell) with no problems. When I go to print a doc in Publisher the printer doesn't show up in the drop down menu in Publisher. I am using Win 7 and Publisher is a trial version with three weeks left until activation. Thx Jim Publisher saves all printer information with each publication. ...

Make Publisher open with my standard document
I'm tired of having to dig through all the templates to find an 8.5 x 11 document template! I am a home user and everything I do is based on 8.5 x 11 paper. Is it possible to make Publisher open DIRECTLY to this choice and not open to the Getting Started with Microsoft Publisher 2007 template list? Thanks a million! K When I start Publisher it opens to a blank 8�"x11" worksheet. I use Publisher 2000 but the following my solve your puzzle. Start Publisher Select Tools Options Uncheck "Use catalog at startup." -- Don - Publisher 2000� ...

Pictures in Publisher 2003 not showing.Why?
The pictures in my various brochures, ads, etc. have quit showing. Does anyone have the same problem? I know the pictures are there, they just will not show on the screen. View, pictures, detailed display. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Holly B" <Holly B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADD81B67-6937-49CE-9609-8028E41DA68F@microsoft.com... > The pictures in my various brochures, ads, etc. have quit showing. Does > anyone have the same problem? I know the pictures are ther...

Going back to MS Money 2003
I still regret the day I updated to MS Money Plus Home & Business. I liked the graphics and the interface of MS Money 2003 Deluxe so much more. I also didn't understand why they moved the menu items around so much. The people who worked on MS Money Plus H&B had no clue how to make the software more useable - they should have asked me!!! Anyway, enough ranting ... since online updates will no longer happen it won't be an issue for me to use MS Money 2003 again. My question - would it be possible to back-grade to MS Money 2003 Deluxe from MS Money Plus H&B? On Su...

Write dataset to xml and back again to dataset?
Before a delete on any table, I would like to write the contents of the soon-to-be-deleted row to that application's single "graveyard" table (alternate: or document as coded below). SQL Server 2005 solution: I would store the tablename, today's date, username, and the key column values of the soon-to-be deleted row as the composite key of the new graveyard table row. The soon-to-be-deleted row's data would be stored in a single xml-type column. XML File solution: composite key from above would be the name of a filename.xml file. The data from the soon-to-be-deleted...

Include back ordered items on Pick ticket in 8.0.
A change was made to the printing of the Pick ticket in version 8.0. As part of that change the ability to print a pick ticket including back order items was eliminated. That flexability needs to be put back into the product. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the messag...

Looking for an envelope template in pub w/return address on back
I would like to add my return address on the back of the envelope in Publisher. Does anyone have a template? ...

mail merge with postcards in publisher
I made a postcard to send out to new buisnesses. I am making an address list in mail merge When I go through mail merge wizard I complete all the steps but no addresses print please help Kelly Hi kphoto4u (kphoto4u@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I made a postcard to send out to new buisnesses. I am making an || address list in mail merge When I go through mail merge wizard I || complete all the steps but no addresses print please help Kelly 1. Which version of Publisher are you using? 2. What is the database format you are using for your mailmerge? -- Brian ...