Publisher documents turning into Word documents.

When I have saved a Publisher document (a calendar) to a new folder, it turns
into an unreadable Word document. Why? What can I do?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ab5bbe4b-3879-4800-b0dd-32aa922207eb&dg=microsoft.public.publisher
0
McFromm (4)

This isn't a "suggestion", you have an issue.

It hasn't "turned into" a Word document. Sounds like your computer doesn't
have /pub files associated with Publisher.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307859

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"McFromm" <McFromm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I have saved a Publisher document (a calendar) to a new folder, it
> turns
> into an unreadable Word document. Why? What can I do?
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ab5bbe4b-3879-4800-b0dd-32aa922207eb&dg=microsoft.public.publisher

0
jl_paules (2769)

Word 2008 created files not fully readable by PC Word (2007 or 2003) users
When I created word files on my mac using Word 2008, pc users that I send the file to are only able to view the first two pages upon opening. I get the same result when trying to open the files on my word 2007 version through my Mac using the Parrallel program to access the windows OS. Is there an update that I am missing to correct this issue? Well, it's impossible to answer your question since you haven't given any indication of what your present update level is � or what version of OS X you're using. What I can tell you is that 12.2.3 is the latest available, so if t...

Publisher 2000 #33
I have publisher 2000, can I upgrade to the latest publisher program? didge What version of Windows are you using? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "didge" <didge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70BAA685-7C19-4EA9-A2A7-0BDE96CEFB2F@microsoft.com... >I have publisher 2000, can I upgrade to the latest publisher program? > didge Windows XP "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote: > What version of Windows are you using? > > -- > > JoAnn Paules > MVP Microsoft [Publisher] > > > > "didge" ...

View Publisher 2003 File
Is there a way to view a Pub 2003 file if the program is not installed on your computer? I need to see if I can open the file to save it as a PDF and send it to someone. Is this possible? Thanks! No... You can download the trial version of Publisher 2007. It will open Publisher 2003 files. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/FX100487821033.aspx If you send me the file I will convert it for you. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "KenPez" <KenPez@discussions.microso...

Why can't I type on a certain section of a word document?
I am typing an outline, and after III. there is 3/4 of blank page, then IV. begins on next page. I have tried to find a break page marking, but do not see one. This must go out tomorrow - HELP! If you're using the built-in heading styles for your outline, be aware that they are all formatted as "Keep with next." This causes them all to stick together until a paragraph intervenes that is NOT so formatted. In any case, check the formatting of your paragraphs because "Keep with next" and/or "Keep lines together" (or even "Page break before&qu...

Turn off windows updates
Our office uses a computer guy who has turned off all of windows updates. He said we dont need them. Can anyone confirm this. Thank you "Donna@Repco" <Donna@Repco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DF4F981-39FC-428C-BCDA-586FCB8D1347@microsoft.com... > > Our office uses a computer guy who has turned off all of windows updates. > He said we dont need them. Can anyone confirm this. > > Thank you BWAHAHAHAHA!!! Has he tried to sell you a train yet? -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fi...

how do I restore a document to a previous state?
how do I restore a document to a previous state? Stephanie, you can't if you saved it, do you have a backup? -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "stephanie" <stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EECDA007-647B-4062-9CD0-F8F4BD036B7D@microsoft.com... > how do I restore a document to a previous state? ...

Office Publisher 2003 Printing w/Designjet 110plus
Publisher will print to other printer w/o problems, will print to 110+ if it is only one page, but if I try to print a sign or 4 pgs. on 24" X 36" paper it won't even try. The test pg. prints, I've uninstalled & reinstalled the driver, I've talked to manufacturer, now what? My technique for that would be to create a special size pdf and "print" to that. Then print the pdf. Usually works. Thanks some printer! "gypfuz" <gypfuz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC5491A7-3687-4E03-9115-6E960ACCE366@microsoft.com... > Publi...

Turn Off the Right-Click Customize option?
I am using Access2003 and, I need to turn off the Right-Click Customize option on my toolbars. I was told I could use /runtime in the command line and it would turn off the Right-Click option. But it didn't work. Any suggestions? On Jun 26, 10:25 am, Anoymous <Anoym...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am using Access2003 and, > I need to turn off the Right-Click Customize option on my toolbars. > I was told I could use /runtime in the command line and it would turn off > the Right-Click option. But it didn't work. > > Any suggestions? Look around your s...

Style Pane is empty
Hello, I am using Word 2007 on Office XP. I am editing a file created by another user. When I display the Style Pane, it's empty. Any ideas? I have had the same experience with a few documents that I received by e-mail from one of my students. I don't know what is causing it, but it might depend on the version of Word the document was created in (judging by the compatibility options, the person used Word 2002 to create the file). The following procedure seems to fix the issue, though: In the Styles pane, click Options and choose something other than what is currently...

the end of long numbers turn to 0s how do i stop that?
5489 4861 3481 5448 8461 turns to 5489 4861 3481 5440 0000 how do i maintain those numbers? XL's stored precision is limited to 15 decimal digits. If you're not doing math on them, pre-formatting the cell(s) as Text or prepending the numbers with an apostrophe when you enter them will keep XL from parsing them and dropping the last digits. If you need to do math on them, you'd best use a different application. Otherwise you'll have to enter them as Text and use string manipulation to do the math piece-wise. In article <209F3B0E-80F6-41AD-A510-EEDAD5625797@microsof...

zip codes become 0 after merge excel to word
About half the records show up as a 0 in the zip code field after I merge into Word to create mailing labels. I have reformatted the column to text, tried formatting as special zip code, but stil about half the records merge as 0 zip even though there is a 5 digit zip in the Excel file...this is driving me crazy! I did sort the workbook by zip code for bulk mail. Does anybody have any suggestions? Debra Dalgleish posted this: There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/as...

How do I restore a missing menu bar in Microsoft Word 2003?
My Word 2003's menu bar disappeared. (File, Edit, View, etc). How do I restore it? I am not in Full Screen view. Thank you! Use http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm. For Word 2003, the registry key to rename/delete is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\Data -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. Kathy V wrote: > My Word 2003's menu bar disappeared. (File, Edit, View, etc). > How do I r...

publishing a video clip
I want to put a video file on my web site. Can I just insert it as an 'object' on the page? Will it then get uploaded from my computer when I upload my site? jjjj wrote: > I want to put a video file on my web site. Can I just > insert it as an 'object' on the page? Will it then get > uploaded from my computer when I upload my site? ======================================== Try asking your question in the following group: "publisher.webdesign" http://tinyurl.com/2rhz7 -- John Inzer Including external files in a Publisher web: http://msmvps.com/blo...

Word 2007 question
How can I use a persons name listed in the address in the salution of a letter without copying? I've tried a bookmark but am unsuccessful so far. On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 16:14:01 -0800, DJ <DJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I use a persons name listed in the address in the salution of a >letter without copying? I've tried a bookmark but am unsuccessful so far. See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to th...

Can someone help me print a 4 up post card in publisher 2007
I have been trying to print 4 postcards on a page but can not figure out how to do it. Please help! I'm a Publisher 2000 user and this is how I would do it using 8�"x11" stock. File Page Setup Special Size Width 5.5" Height 4.25" OK Create Postcard File Print Page Options button (lower left corner of Print window) Select Print multiple copies per sheet Custom Options button All margins set to 0" OK OK -- Don Vancouver, USA "JustAlice" <JustAlice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A7FC53C-3357-41FB-B650-...

Making MIcrosoft Word type from Right to Left
Hello. If I have a long DNA sequence and I want to reverse it to read right to left instead of it reading left to right, does anyone know how to do this the easy way without having to retype everything manually? For example, if I have: Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz I want: zyxwvutsrqponmlkjihgfedcba Does anyone know the shortcut or the function? Thanks a lot. No idea about Word, but if you have Excel then you can dump the string in there and use the following function to reverse the string, then paste back into Word:- For recent versions of excel Function ReverseText(cell) Revers...

Importing Word Document #2
I'm using Publisher 2002. I want to import a Word document containing pictures and drawings that are layered so that the drawing is imposed on the picture. The text of the document uses footnotes as well. When I import the document and then reformat it using Page SetUp to put it into booklet format two bad things happen. 1. A picture with its overlaid drawing does not show up with the drawing overlaid, and I can't seem to fix that. 2. The footnotes appear in a different text box from the main text and the main text does not flow properly to the next page. Instead, some of the main t...

Publisher #78
My computer video driver went down so i swapped the hard drive into another machine to carry on. However, publisher won't open because it doesn't recognize the computer and says it isn't valid for that unit. How do i beat it into submission so it will run on the temporary computer? -- RSD Did you reinstall Publisher on the new hard drive? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Ron D" <RonD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18F65576-11FF-48E6-BDA8-FF87CED58E3A@microsoft.c...

when opening a mail merge document.
I have set up a merge document in WORD. I am using excel as my data info. When I open the document, it opens the excel spreadsheet way down in row like 10,000. Does anyone know how I can get it to open in the data on the spreadsheet? For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:11:03 -0700, "kks212" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Publisher artwork CD?
I seem to remember there was a CD#2 with Publisher that contained graphics and art stuff. Does Publisher 2003 not have this? I can't seem to locate it with our corporate version of Office 2003. Is the retail version any different? Microsoft decided in your interests you no longer needed or wanted the extra CD with clipart on. I don't know who you people think you are questioning the decisions Microsoft make on your behalf and in your interests. -- "Never give your mind or heart away" Office 2003 came with very little clipart, if you upgraded from XP you can use the...

I like it and I don't, Publisher 2003
I am a little bit frustrated with Pub 2003. In the past I used Word for Brochures and Calendar, and I needed a program which is more appropriate. I have to find out that MS put less knowledge into this program than they could have. • Not being able to save my calendar format and change just the dates is a monthly aggravation. ( I already posted this problem and I haven’t got the answer yet.) • I cannot change case with just one button, • I cannot format bullets, • Cannot change the default letter type. • I cannot select more then one picture for inserting into my doc, etc. If somebo...

Publisher 2003 is missing page numbers when I convert to pdf
I have a publisher 2003 documents of 124 pages with several master pages. I can see and print page numbers centered at the bottom of the page using publisher, but when I convert to a pdf using Acrobat Pro 7.1.0 the page numbers don't convert. Updated both today prior to conversion. Several master pages in the doc. Any ideas what is going wrong? Be certain you don't have "Ignore Master Page" checked. Don't know what is going on. I've tried to duplicate this but I can't. I created a 200 page document, I put the page numbers on the bottom centered. I creat...

column information changes when printed in excel document
The address in the column shifts when I print. It doesn't appear as it does on the original document. How can I print it as it looks? Not clear. What is the "address in the column"? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 12 May 2010 11:18:01 -0700, bgood <bgood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The address in the column shifts when I print. It doesn't appear as it does >on the original document. How can I print it as it looks? ...

Publisher e-mail merge fails
I have Publisher 2007 and Outlook 2007. Created an e-mail merge newsletter with Access and Outlook contacts database. Goes through whole routine to create merged documents but none get sent. All are valid e-mail addresses. No explaination why it fails. Merge routine is much faster than the couple times it actually worked. (what a surprise that was!) Have searched knowledge base for answers, can't seem to find why this fails. Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'...

Getting exception "The node to be inserted is from a different document context."
Hi, I've got the following piece of code that's causing me a bit of a problem XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument (); XmlNode rootNode = doc.CreateNode (XmlNodeType.Element, "usersettings", null); User user = new User (userid); XmlNode rolesNode = user.GetRoles (); rootNode.AppendChild (rolesNode); : : The last line (rootNode.AppendChild (rolesNode)) throws an exception "The node to be inserted is from a different document context." How can I work around this? The code above is from a Web-service that collects various infor...