Publisher Doc cannot be saved?

In trying to save a new Publisher document to my files on C drive, it says
unavailable that file may be locked, I have gotten this message several times
on different sources, once with an Excel document that was sent by e-mail.
As far as I know there are no locks or password protections on this system.
Help !!!!! Thanks,
0
Secretary (21)

Right-click the file, properties, clear read only.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Parish Secretary" <Parish Secretary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In trying to save a new Publisher document to my files on C drive, it says
> unavailable that file may be locked, I have gotten this message several times
> on different sources, once with an Excel document that was sent by e-mail.
> As far as I know there are no locks or password protections on this system.
> Help !!!!! Thanks,

0
gsauer (5093)

Publisher will not recognize new printer
I just replaced my Brother MFC model 7150 with a new Brother MFC model 210C. The printer will function with all the features of Office 2003 except Publisher. Every time I select print or print preview, I receive a message that a printer has not been installed on the system. I asks that I install a printer for Publisher use. My old Brother worked fine with the Publisher program. What can I do to make Publisher recognize the new printer?? Did you completely remove all traces of your old printer? How to clean up printer drivers http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm When y...

Publisher has turned yellow. How do I make it white again??
When I open Publisher, it seems to have aquired its own colour scheme - the blank page is yellow. How do I make it white again? I have searched all the menus but cannot find anything that helps. It's driving me mad!! It only happened in the last few weeks, and I've no idea what I did to change it. I'm usung Publisher 2000. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from butterflyj <butterflyj@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > When I open Publisher, it seems to have aquired its own colour > scheme - the blank page is yellow. How do I ma...

MST Creation for Publisher 2003
Hi, Wat is the best method of creating an MST for Customizing installation of Offoce 2003? I was going to use orktools.exe, Custom Installation Wizard, but as that's for Office products, and Publisher 2003 is not an office product, I am unsure... Thanks, Mike. -- Application Packager\Software Deployment Whoever told you that Publisher wasn't an Office application lied. (Sorry - that's a bit of a sore spot with me. Publisher is often overlooked by foolish people.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555...

Will Publisher 97 work with later versions of windows?
just wondering if publisher 97 will work with later versions of windows such as XP or ME and suchlike? Jon Yes... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "belly483" <belly483@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:00a801c34c73$dd061820$a101280a@phx.gbl... > just wondering if publisher 97 will work with later > versions of windows such as XP or ME and suchlike? > > Jon Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from belly483 <belly483@hotmail.com> > just wondering if publisher 97 will wo...

Formatting
I received a pub doc from a third party. It was formatted as a 11x16 size. Once I decreased it to 8.5x11 and view the doc under 'print preview' the entirety of the image did not view. Basically, the image didn't shrink with the size. Any input? Patty wrote: > I received a pub doc from a third party. It was formatted as a 11x16 size. > Once I decreased it to 8.5x11 and view the doc under 'print preview' the > entirety of the image did not view. Basically, the image didn't shrink with > the size. Any input? Publisher doesn't resize the contents o...

Printing Publisher 2007 Docs on HP OfficeJet Pro L7680
I am unable to print more than 9 pages at a time when printing from Microsoft Publisher 2007 and using Vista operating system. Other microsoft programs such as Excel & Word work fine. After talking with HP Help, we've concluded the problem is with Publisher 2007. I have also tried printing to other HP printer models and experience the same problem. How do I fix this? I have two HP printers, neither one has your problem. Have you checked your printer preferences, is one copy enabled? Have you installed the newest driver. This one has a June 2007 timestamp, may be newer than y...

Saving data in Access table with VB ?
I have a form with a button and if you click the button, a list of invoices are generated and saved in the table 'Invoice'. Problem is, the data isnt saved :( Here's my code: Private Sub Knop0_Click() Dim Invoicenr As Long Dim Invoicedate As Date stdocname = "Invoice" DoCmd.OpenTable stdocname, acViewNormal, acAd Invoicenr = 111111 Invoicedate = Now DoCmd.Save acTable, stdocname End Sub What am I doing wrong ? Answered in microsoft.public.access "Bauhaus" <niemandhier@pandora.be> wrote in message news:7Exii.2418$yf6.1885@biebel.telenet-ops.be...

Why am I prompted to save?
Why is it when closing certain files that I�m prompted to save when I haven�t changed a thing? This question was posted earlier about a month ago from someone else and the response didn�t explain anything. I understand why certain functions such as TODAY() and NOW() would require the save dialog to pop up on closing but why INDIRECT, OFFSET or CELL ect., what�s happening with these functions? I don�t get it. Matt -- Flintstone ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Flintstone's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=...

Save Link Problem
Hi I run Windows 2000 & Excell 2000 with service pack 3. I have an autoshape button that I have added a hyperlink to which opens a html file on a server. When I add the hyperlink and press the autoshape it takes me to the file ok. I can do this as many times as I like and it works ok. The problem arises after I save the spreadsheet. As soon as I save the spreadsheet the hyperlink no longer works. I get the error message "The address of this site is not valid, Check the address and try again". To add some more mystery to this, I emailed the file to a friend and he inserte...

Excel docs won't open from clicking file
I have a strange issue us Excel 2002. When I double-click on an excel document it only open the excel program and not the doc. I can then go to file|open and open it just fine and work on it etc. Excel seems to be OK other than this strange issue. Word and the other office programs don't do this at all??? I have checked and verified all folder options | files types, their associated open commands etc. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, Thanks- Hi Have a look at Tools/Option/General and uncheck 'Ignore other applications' if it's checked. Andy. "jayman" ...

can I do a floor plan on Publisher?
can I do a floor plan on Publisher? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Do you dislike yourself so much that you'd want to even try? Programs that do plans like that are cheap - check your local Office Max or Staples. You can probably buy one for $30 these days. (I suppose you could conceivable do it. I have 22 yrs of drafting behind me and there's no way in hell I'd even attempt that. I'd use graph paper and a pencil before I tried using Publisher for that task.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "fran" <fran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Publisher Calendar #2
I have set up a calendar for 2004. I am trying to type the same information into each day of the calendar year. How can I do that without typing or using paste and going through each day of the calendar year and pasting the information day by day. ...

Macro to "save as"
Hi, Am using excel 2003 and am wanting to create a macro, attached to a button, that will save as a particular cell #, say A2, and then print. Have the print down pat, but can't figure out the save as part....... -- Thanks for the help What is in cell A2? Try things like these, depending on what you have and what you want to do.... ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Range("A2").Value & ".xls" ThisWorkbook.SaveCopyAs Range("A2").Value & ".xls" ThisWorkbook.SaveAs "C:\Folder Path\" & Range("A2").Value & ".xls", Ad...

Replacement Publisher Disk
I just broke my disk and need to reinstall my software. How do I go about getting a new disk. It is not software supplied by the PC manufacturer. Thanks r beaslin wrote: > I just broke my disk and need to reinstall my software. > How do I go about getting a new disk. It is not software > supplied by the PC manufacturer. > > Thanks =================================== Maybe these KB articles will offer a solution: (302822) PUB: How to Order a Replacement CD http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302822 (326246) How to Replace Lost, Broken, or Missing Microsoft Software or Har...

Saving email attachments
Receive the following error message when selecting File, Save Attachments on an email with several files attached: File name is not valid ...

Excel could not save all the data and formatting you recently added
Hi, One of our users sent me an Excel file of 6 MiB. It has 7 worksheets. Most of them have <100 rows and AH columns, one sheet has 13160 rows and AH columns. The large sheet has autofilter enabled, but no actual filtering is done. (yet) 4 columns have validation: they allow a list of values specified in a range somewhere else in the sheet. There is also conditional formatting. It takes >30 seconds to calculate the sheet, however there are no real calculations, just a few concatenated string. My first impression is that this is yet another example of Excel (ab)used as a database. The p...

Saves to History, etc.
Regarding saves to History, saves to Recent Documents, saves to documents, how does one turn off those saves? Log on as Guest. b11_ wrote: > Regarding saves to History, saves to Recent Documents, saves to documents, > how does one turn off those saves? Thanks Bob for the info but as a guest wouldn't I have a problem installing new software __________________________________________________________ "Bob I" wrote: > Log on as Guest. > > b11_ wrote: > > Regarding saves to History, saves to Recent Documents, saves to documents, > &...

microsoft home publishing
i tried to get to a home publishing site, no luck.....i have had this program since 2000, i tried to load it in a hp computer w/ windows xp, when it['s done and i try to open it tells me one or more parts are missing or broken and then i click on help and it says the wmf grafics filter is missing....is there a fix? how about a web site to down load this software? joanne wrote: > i tried to get to a home publishing site, no luck.....i > have had this program since 2000, i tried to load it in a > hp computer w/ windows xp, when it's done and i try to > open it tells me...

Saving
I work on file that has several sheets in it and I only access one of those sheets and add data to it after I am done adding the data I click on the save bottom and I get amessage saying that your file has been saved as "527E5100" and it's no longer has the extention of ".xls" and the file is no longer saved as an excel version. I access the file 5 days a week and on Monday,tuesday and Friday it saves fine but On Wed and Thursday I have the problem mentioned above. this has been going on for the last 4 weeks. I have already reloaded my office products but...

Call a word doc
Currently I am using our DB to track bids to general contractors for building materials. Each bid proposal is prepared in MS Word. Is there a way to call a Word doc for reference only within a form, for example using a button? The proposal could be either a .doc or .pdf that could be reprinted or viewed from Access... -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200802/1 Whoops, that was not complete. Each bid has its own word file. So when I click a button I need to be able to define the file name. We use a bid number formatted l...

How Do I put Excel data into Publisher?
Hi, I am trying to produce a booklet in Publisher, when I transfer/copy the data from Excel it is too wide for the page, so I rotate the object to be portrait. This looks fine on screen, but when printed it come out the original way, i.e. landscape. I have tried to put it in as .pdf but the same happens. Does anyone have any idea on how to do this. Regards Cheryl I have no problem here, Cheryl - just copied data from XL, pasted into Pub, rotated & printed. Are you doing anything differently... Some kind of Paste Special or different print settings? Make sure there is nothing in ...

please suggest approach t save my stuff
I use Windows XP pro. My PC has two WD SE16 WD2500KS SATA 250G hdds. When I start the PC in the morning I am hearing a whirring noise coming out of the PC and I think it is the C drive. Where can I read up on how to add a drive, and mirror everything on the current C drive onto the new drive? What is a smart choice in an enterprise grade HDD? I am thinking the warranty has expired on the drives. Thanks timOleary wrote: > I use Windows XP pro. My PC has two WD SE16 WD2500KS SATA 250G hdds. > When I start the PC in the morning I am hearing a whirring noise > coming out of th...

Saving documents to MS CRM from eg Word?
Hi, Is there any solution out there (market ready) that lets you save eg Word document direct to MS CRM ?. Not save to file system and then from MS CRM make a note and attach. To long way ! Regards, SH Hi Siggi, have a look at "RelatedDocuments" at www.mscrm-addons.com "Siggi" <sh@nyherji.is> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:64f91fda.0501190239.1156de03@posting.google.com... > Hi, > Is there any solution out there (market ready) that lets you save eg > Word document direct to MS CRM ?. Not save to file system and then > from MS CRM make a note and attach. ...

Publisher 2000 hyperlinks unstable
I have been using Publisher 2000 to build a web site. Each page of this Publisher document (web site) contains a long text block and many words in the text block are inserted hyperlinks each of which calls up an image residing on another web site. The Publisher web site gets updated regularly which often results in the following problem. On one or more pages that were UNTOUCHED by the update all the hyperlinks beyond a certain point in the text block no longer work. I check the URLs and they're all correct . When viewing the web site the non-functioning hyperlinks that the browser s...

Publisher on Mac OS X
When is Microsoft finally going to make a version of Publisher for Mac OS X? I think it should be added in the next Office release! I am a Mac Tech and I get tons of questions regarding Publisher files on Mac! As of now there is no support from Microsoft on Mac. If Microsoft will not bring the whole program to Mac then please create a program that will let Mac users view the files & convert them into Word or Pages. Please, respond to this post to encourage Microsoft to finally resolve it's Publisher issue in the Mac OS X environment!!!!!!!! ---------------- This post is a s...