Publisher colors print different on page one than on page two

My publication has two pages. I print x number of the first page, then flip
them over to print x number of page 2. No matter which I print first, or how
many, page one colors are sharper than page 2 (using the same RBG for both
sides) Does anyone know why?
--
Thanks

snack6_enbert wrote:
> My publication has two pages. I print x number of the first page, then flip
> them over to print x number of page 2. No matter which I print first, or how
> many, page one colors are sharper than page 2 (using the same RBG for both
> sides) Does anyone know why?

Sounds like you're using coated inkjet/photo paper that has a "good"
side and a "bad" side.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org
Ed Bennett wrote:
> snack6_enbert wrote:
>> My publication has two pages. I print x number of the first page, then
>> flip them over to print x number of page 2. No matter which I print
>> first, or how many, page one colors are sharper than page 2 (using the
>> same RBG for both sides) Does anyone know why?
>
> Sounds like you're using coated inkjet/photo paper that has a "good"
> side and a "bad" side.

If not what Ed said, perhaps you're using regular (or even heavy duty)
paper and side one isn't dry yet when you flip it over to print side
two, thus the paper is saturated and page two sorta bleeds out... just a
thought :)

0
dtp2webSPAM (302)
9/5/2006 3:59:01 AM
Steve in NC wrote:
> If not what Ed said, perhaps you're using regular (or even heavy duty)
> paper and side one isn't dry yet when you flip it over to print side
> two, thus the paper is saturated and page two sorta bleeds out... just a
> thought :)

Or it could be smearing (depending on the printer mechanism).

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org
0
the_nerd (6344)

PropertySheet/Pages into Dialog
Hi ! I'm trying to use a PropertySheet embedded into a CDialog. My dialog contains a Frame with a vertical Splitter. On the left side of the splitter, I use a CFormView. This formView contains the propertySheet (I also replaced the propertySheet's tabControl by a group of radio buttons). If I change the active property page (by selecting another radio button than the default one) my property pages, views and dialog all keeps recieving WM_SYSTIMER messages. Then, as soon as the application looses the focus, the program hangs... This does not happen if the dialog keeps the focus ... I ...

I am having toruble grouping all elements of my Visio drawing for into one single group
Experts, I am having trouble grouping all elements of my Visio drawing for into one single group. I need to do this so I can copy and paste the drawing into MS Word. Currently when I copy and paste not all the elements carry through into the MS Word doc. -- Spin What kind of trouble do you have? Is it that you can't group all elements at all? Is it that you can group all elements but only a part of that group appears in Word (e.g. the lower left corner of the Visio drawing)? Or do you successfully group all elements but pasted into Word the complete drawing lacks a few elements?...

Wrap Text from one cell to another cell
I want type all my text into C111 (1-3 pages worth). I want this text to automatically wrap to D111 to E111 to F111 to G111, etc. The cell appears to have a maximum limit of characters. Please help. "bras" wrote: > I want type all my text into C111 (1-3 pages worth). I want this text to > automatically wrap to D111 to E111 to F111 to G111, etc. > > The cell appears to have a maximum limit of characters. Copied from the help file:- Length of cell contents (text) 32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a cell; all 32,767 display in the formula bar. Have y...

How do I get rid of header/footer on page 2 of document?
the help menu says to click on header/footer, then toggle to new, then highlight text you want to get rid of, then hit delete key. I did that but all the header/footers throughout the document got deleted. How do I get to keep only the header/footer on page 1? TIA Fay Please see reply to your previous duplicate question. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Fay Zeller" <fayzee@optonline.net> wrote in message news:4b16f1f1$0$31281$607ed4bc@cv.net... > the help menu says to click...

Print Footer with Last Print Date field name
How do you create a Footer to print the Last Printed Date and Last Revised Date? Its not as obvious in Excel as it is in Word. Hi this is only possible with VBA inserting this information within an event procedure -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ted wrote: > How do you create a Footer to print the Last Printed Date and Last > Revised Date? Its not as obvious in Excel as it is in Word. ...

Printed quotes
Hi There, We're new to CRM but we're evaluating it and we quite like it. However, I just don't understand how you go about making a printable quote. We'd like to be able to create a quote, place products (from stock or as 'write-in' items) into it and then have CRM create a nicely formated document (Word or HTML) that can be sent to the customer. When you ask CRM to print a quote with the button on the toolbar it just gives a detailed summary that is not customer-facing. I guess that printing of quotes happens as a report but the standard reports make no mentio...

Filter for Same Value in Two Fields
There are two fields in my query. "From" and "To". For sake of ease, let's say both these fields are US Cities. How can I pull all the records that show shipped "From" Denver and that show shipped "To" Denver? Thank you in advance. You stated: shipped "From" Denver and that show shipped "To" Denver Technically this would mean both values were Denver which might not make much sense if you expected the From and To to be different. Assuming you are viewing your query in design view, you would type "Denver" und...

Showing one figure as a proportion of another in a bar graph
Hi, I have a table with three lines for every month of the year: one line showing the total we billed in the month, the other showing our total expenditure and a final showing profit. I want to use the table to create a bar graph that for each month shows the total billed and the the total paid out in the same bar. Can anyone tell me how to do that? Thanks Karl Hi Karl, Sounds like what you want is a Stacked Column chart. -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Karl" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a table with three lines for every month of the year: one line > showing th...

Microsoft Office 2000 Publisher
On my old computer using Windows 98 I had Publisher and some .pub files. On my new computer using XP, I loaded the Office Suite, but I no longer see Publisher. I still have the other Office programs, but even Setup doesn't show Publisher anymore. I need Publisher to see and work with my .pub files, but can't. How do I get Publisher back? Which version and edition of Office did you try to install? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "GJ" <GJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Writing a book in Microsoft Publisher
I am currently writing a book using Microsoft Publisher and wanted to know how to link the pages of the book together. \the only provisions in publisher is to link four pages together and this does not work for something that is above that number of pages. Since this is named Publisher, I figured one could at least use it to write small or large pubications, with out have to go through ninety gyrations. I need help, or is it that you really can't use Publisher for a publication . For long documents Word is preferable. You will have to link each text box in Publisher, you can link a...

repeating custom headers on multiple pages
H I apologize in advance for such a stupid question but i have searched every help file and cant find any mention I have a workbook with 5 sheets and i want the same custom heading to print on each sheet I tried selecting all sheets going into print preview and adding the header but it only prints on the first page my brain refuses to believe that i actually have to go to each sheet and retype the header and footer please tell me i am wrong and also how i can accomplish this task ti Jeff Jeff, Using Headers and Footers should repeat the header on every page. Care to contact me and discuss i...

My screen in Publisher 2000 is green. How do I get it back to norm
I opened up an exisiting document and the whole window area is green. When going in to the colour menus the basic colour palette has the same green overlay on each colour block. this is only happening in this document and not in any other files. The monitor settings are all normal and everything else looks normal. The document is used for a website, and when using the web page preview, the webpage is normal in the explorer window (coreect colours etc). Please help! I can send screen shots if that woudl help anyone solve this for me! Trinity wrote: > I opened up an exisiting document...

difference two date
Anyone pl help me. How calculate difference between two date in the year,month & date. I want to difference year, month & date ( all are calculate). Ex. a1 = {01/12/1950} b1={01/11/1960} result we want b1-a1 = 9 year 1 month 10 days. (These format) Pl Help me. =DATEDIF(A1,B1,"Y")&" years "&DATEDIF(A1,B1,"Ym")&" months "&DATEDIF(A1,B1,"Md")&" days" Regards, KL "RKS" <RKS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B419EA21-0AA8-4F1F-AB90-0BBE52C68B54@microsoft.com... > A...

Formula for changing Text Color??
I don't know if this is even possible. What I would like to do is t input a number into a column in sheet 1 and have a correspondin number (which is already there) change font color in sheet two. So input a number, say 3 in C10 on sheet 1 and the number 3 which is i sheet 2 (c10) changes from black to red. Is this possible? thanks very much -- dan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- danh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1594 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27420 You ...

Using a two-dimensional array in Excel 2002 or 2003
I am trying to improve my coding skills in Excel VBA and I just can't seem to find a good, very basic, example of how to use a 2-dimensional array. I've looked in several reference books & browsed VBA Forums but can't find an example I can understand. What I was trying to do was define a 3 x 4 Array that has a data type of Single. My sample data is located in Cells E1:H3. E F G H 1 3.4 8.1 11.6 100.3 2 5.2 7.3 45.2 632.4 3 1.7 9.6 39.7 161.5 I've been trying to use the LBound and UBound functions too, thinkin...

finder search across multiple xls for one term
I have about 400 spreadsheets nested in various folders on a single hard drive. Trying to find a long forgotten spreadsheet, which I can only identify by a value it contains. Let's say it's 114,167.18 I've used OSX 10.6.2 finder search with 'contains' and at first it yields nothing. When I lose the comma, ie 114167.18, several .xlsx spreadsheets appear as containing that value. Great! Trouble is, I need the original spreadsheet with that value and it's an older document, listed .xls as opposed to .xlsx It seems OSX 10.6.2 finder cannot look inside .x...

Business Portal page modification
I created a new page in business portal with 3 columns and included the "link" webpart in the 3 columns, the idea being that I can define links to various documents on my network in these 3 columns. The issue is that the 3 columns are identical. If I define a link in column 1, the link shows up in columns 2 and 3. I see there with shared document webpart too. What can I do so that I can define different documents in each of the columns. Hi Jack, Personally, I would create three separate document libraries and then specify those webparts for each of the three columns of y...

Printing from Outlook 2000
My office clients run are on NT 4.0 SP 5. What used to be an occasional problem over the last couple of years of losing a printer connection is now happening with much greater frequency. This happen to local printing as well as from the network. All our printers are HP models. User send e-mails to print and can get the following behaviour, . A) The item doesn't print B) The default printer is grayed out and cannot be changed C) Always fails using the icon, sometimes using the File menu is a workaround, but not consistent. The only solution so far is to logout of Outlook and ba...

Print a sheet area to another...
Hi people, i have another question for you. Is it possible to print some of a sheet area to another sheet or a form? I have 40 different sheet's in a single workbook. Column A to M is headlines and row 7 to .......... is input in every sheet. My question is; After all the input is done the result in column M appears with text and a background color. Is it possible to print the row's that has ex. red color and the sheet name into another sheet or a form. I need a vb code that can find the red color itself and copy that row with the sheet name to another location no mather if th...

Multi choice list box and two ALL selection
Hello. I have a pop-up form that has 2 list boxes. I want to do 3 things. On the list boxes, I want to make them multi-choice list boxes. Second, I want to make a selection of "all" for both list boxes. And last, I would like to have the text boxes default to the all selection, if possible, until another selection is made. The list boxes are: CarList EventList They are populated by tables - Automobiles - Car Table and Automobiles - Action Taken Table, respectively. Finally, they run through query called AutomobileSearch. Thanks for the help. To make your list multi-select, ...

Publisher and PDF help...
I am trying to find a solution to my delima. I have publisher on one computer and adobe acrobat on another. Is there a Publisher viewer or some work around that anybody knows of. Thanks in advance... While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a message from Neal <Neal@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > I am trying to find a solution to my delima. I have publisher on one > computer and adobe acrobat on another. Is there a Publisher viewer or > some work around that anybody knows of. Options: a) Output a PostScript file from Publisher and di...

Pasting from Web Pages into Word 2003 is broken
I had a support call come in today, and can't work it out at all. Now I see that I have the same issue! But not everybody here has this issue. We all run the same SOE, with Office 2003, but about 50% of users seem to be experiencing thi issue. We can't copy any text from web sites (even just one word or a few characters) and paste it into Word 2003. The paste option appears on the right-click menu, but it doesn't do anything. If I choose "Paste Special" then "Unformatted Text" then the text appears without formatting. Paste is working fine into...

Can we set the UI color scheme via VB[A} or XML?
Does anyone know a way to set the color scheme for the UI, using VB[A} or XML? Can this even be done? Thanks -- Garry Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc Sorry for not qualifying the Excel version. It's v12 or higher. -- Garry Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc ...

more than one owner
Hi, Is there way to assign a case to more than one user. I need this because, the case must be seen & can be edited by two different business units which are completely isolated (one business unit is niether lower nor upper business unit of the other.). By the way, i need to do this task in crm 3.0 No there's not. You can only have one owner, but you can share the case with another team of users, so that they will have permission to access the case. The sharing overrides the normal BU-security. CRM 5 sounds like it will have the concept of team ownership, but that's a wa...

How to Microsoft Publisher 2000 install with XP
How do I install Microsoft Publisher from the total Office 2000 CD on my new laptop running XP Professional? I need full instructions. From what has been stated here in the past, put CD #2 in the CD drive and follow the instructions. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Bev" <Bev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3E6D722-A5B2-49E7-9BC6-1DC958BB5A15@microsoft.com... > How do I install Microsoft Publisher from the total Office 2000 CD on my > new > laptop running XP Professional? I need full instructions. ...