Publisher CD Key #2

I have previously installed Publisher and now when I try
to open the program it asks me for my CD key.  I do not
have the jewel case that has the CD key on it anymore.
What do I do now?
Thanks.
0
anonymous (74722)

Bummer hey!!!

Bill Gates urgently needs your money, go and buy the latest version.

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
donotknock (1941)
4/15/2004 2:38:37 AM
Hi Vince,

Assuming you are in the US, call Microsoft at (425) 635-7056. It's not a
toll-free number but they can get you up and running relatively quickly. The
call may cost you a few bucks (under $5) for the call. I had to do the same
and the staff was very helpful.
--
JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher

"Vince" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have previously installed Publisher and now when I try
> to open the program it asks me for my CD key.  I do not
> have the jewel case that has the CD key on it anymore.
> What do I do now?
> Thanks.

0
jl_amerson (3088)
4/15/2004 3:09:53 AM
On 15 Apr 2004 12:38, "MSPublisher" <donotknock@nobodyhome.com> wrote:
>Bummer hey!!!
>
>Bill Gates urgently needs your money, go and buy the latest version.

I have NEVER heard of Publisher requesting a CD-Key when trying to open
it! I have only seen that during installation.
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP
http://www.mvps.org/publisher

bkvalheim (1291)
4/15/2004 7:47:29 AM
Thanks!  I appreciate the help.  5 bucks is cheaper than
buying a brand new program.

0
anonymous (74722)

What is this? #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C74082.255BD550 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I received this today. I have no idea what it is. Am I spamming? I = receive this kind of e-mail once every 3 months. I do a virus check on = both server and machine. Thanks.=20 Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Cial1s S0ft Tabs is a bestseller Sent: 1/24/2007 12:49 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: olson@somarco-international.com on...

HELP!! #2
Does anyone know how to Synch AIM mail to outlook? ...

IS this possible? #2
Hi there. I have the following in Excel: A B C D 1 hello 1 2 test 0 3 bye 1 4 hi 0 5 bybye 0 6 tjou 2 now on another place in this sheet i want to see all the words under each other where the B value is bigger the 0 so: E F G 1 hello 2 bye 3 tjou So i only want to show th'ose words that have a bigger value. and i don't want whitelines between the words like this ( =IF(B1>0,A1,"") ) E F G 1 hello 2 3 bye 4 5 6 tjou One non-array play .. Use an empty col to the right, say col H Put in...

Short cut key Ctrl Y (repeat last motion) in Publisher won't work
The help menu tells me that I can use the Ctrl 7 to repeat the last action I made. However I have not been able to do so. Please help. I can use all other shortcut keys. This is making me crazy -- I can do my work in half the time with the Ctrl 7. It tells me I can also use F4 but this doesn't work either-a moot point since I use the other that speeds my work considerably. HELP! Where did you find those commands? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.as...

formula change problem #2
The columns that the formula is referencing can change locations on th spreadsheet, if a user inserts a new column. To simplify the questio I put the actual column numbers in the formula but actually I will hav an integer defined that will hold the column number. That integer wil get populated by grabbing the column number from a named cell in tha particular column. I hope I explained that good enough. I was using the offset's in the formulas because that is what I am mos familiar with. Can offset's not be used in formulas? Is there a better way? Thanks -- cparson ---------...

Bank Management #2
Hi all I have a problem with GP version 8. When I am reconciling my CB and after marking I press OK I get an error message. "A remove operation on table CB_Euro_Activity failed because the record could not be locked." and the it does not save my recon. Can anybody help ...

communication failure #2
I am using Exchange 5.5 with sp4. When I send an e-mail to a particular e-mail address it comes back with this error "Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure" When I send it from a hotmail account, it goes through fine. I checked my IMS to see if I had any restrictions on this particular site or e-mail address but there was nothing. Note: when the e-mail comes back it comes from system administrator. When I double click on the system administrator, there is no name or e-mail address. I do not know if it is my system admin or the receiver system admin. Please ...

Physical Inventory question #2
I have a store owner who would like to run a Physical Inventory Sheet that does NOT include items with a qty of 0. I don't see a filter for OnHand <> 0. First, I'd like to see if anybody knows if something like this CAN be done. Secondly, I've suggested (and gave her instructions) on how to take all items that have zero quantities that she no longer wants to sell, and mark them as inactive first, then do a physical inventory based on the filter of Inactive = No. Do others run their physical inventories this way? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance for any...

How can I draw a Parabola in Excel? like y = x^2 + 3
In a1:a10 enter numbers such as 1,2,3.... In b1 type =a1^2+3 copy this down to B10 select a1:b10; click chart wizard; select XY chart done now play with values in A to get what you need best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Max" <Max@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F72AB641-F882-4DAD-B0C3-322297A124FC@microsoft.com... > ...

Dynamic Chart Titles #2
Hello, I am having a problem with a dynamic chart title and saving, closing and then re-opening the workbook and the chart title still being dynamic. On Sheet2 of my workbook I have some drop-down menus in cells B2:E2. On Sheet7 of my workbook in cells BA1:BA3 I have Concatenation formulas that I want to use as my Chart titles. For example: =CONCATENATE("This is my " Sheet2!$B$2, " ", "chart.") I named the ranges on Sheet7, BA1 is named "FAC", BA2 is named "POD" and BA3 is named "NAF". I then added a text box to my first char...

Comparing 2 works books
I need to do this hopefully without VBA. I have 2 large work books, this months sales data and last months sales data. Each customer has a refence number, but if the customer hasn't made any transactions, they don't appear in the work book, so in effect customer 12345 may be in line 20 in book1, but in line 50 in book 2. What I want to do is take the sales data for each customer in book 1, and add it to a new column against the same customer in book 2. There are several thousand lines in each book. Whats the most efficient way ? Rich Seems like the typical situation that we al...

Line chart colors #2
Can someone explain where the colors for line charts are being pulled from? We have a standard template that is pulled in, but the colors are being changed and I haven't been able to figure out any logical reason for the color choices. Some are coming from our custom color palette, but others aren't in the custom, standard or theme palettes. The markers are coming out with the correct colors, though. ...

publisher shuts down when i insert picture from file
The publisher application is shutting down when I try to insert a picture from a file & have done everything but uninstall. I have office small business 2003. Do you get an error? All pictures or just one particular picture? How to view error signatures if an Office program experiences a serious error and quits http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;289508 Try to insert the image in safe mode, if it works you may need an upgraded video driver. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "patchouli"...

How do I set up a half fold greeting card in Publisher?
I prefer to make by greeting cards and some other publications on a half fold card format. I have Publisher 2003 and have only been able to find quarter fold templates or samples both in the program and online. Does anyone have a template for a half fold card or know where I can get one for Publisher? I tried using the tent card template, but it is just too awkward to work looking at it sideways and figuring out the right way to make it print. Since the half fold greeting card format is available in much less sophisticated programs like PrintMaster, I assume it must be available so...

subtotal #2
I would like to subtotal one single column, the amount, every eight lines. How can I sum of the column for every eight lines? I'd use a helper column and put this in the top row of the data: =INT((ROW(A1)-1)/8) And drag down. Then you can subtotal your data by that column. You could also put: x in the first 8 cells y in the next 8 cells then select those 16 cells and drag down the column to fill it with groups of 8 x's, then groups of 8 y's. Then do subtotal by that column. cbridge wrote: > > I would like to subtotal one single column, the amount, every eight lines. ...

Connection Manager API problem #2
1) Connection Manager API establish the connection and connection handle is returned which is implemented on 'Connect' button. 2) The connection handle returned by the API to establish connection is the input for the API to check the connection status which we have implemented on the 'ConnStatus' button click.The status is returned successfully till the connection is there through Connection Manager API. If click on 'Disconnect' button and Connection is Released then on click of 'ConnStatus' returns E_Fail. but actual device connection is still there. Why this...

UpdateAllViews #2
Hi When clicks on View, my program draws ellipse and I tried to make all changes in one view reflects to all views. 1-)OnLbuttonDown adds a point to CArray m_PointList 2-)UpdateAllViews calls OnUpdate 3-) OnUpdate Invaliates so OnDraw called. void CDocumentView::OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { GetDocument()->m_PointList.Add(point); GetDocument()->UpdateAllViews(NULL); CView::OnLButtonDown(nFlags, point); }; // void CDocumentView::OnDraw(CDC* pDC) { CDocumentDoc* pDoc = GetDocument(); ASSERT_VALID(pDoc); if (!pDoc) return; for(int i = 0; i < GetDocument()-&g...

Keyboard keys stop working
Suddenly some of my keyboard keys stop working. The keys can for example be "t" "v", it's not all keys that stop working. Is this an error in my setup? Which is a Windows XP (SP1) with Office 2003, all english versions, running on a IBM A31p. When I restart my Outlook, it works again. The error has occured once in Word 2003 as well! Could anyone please help me? Regards, Jiv´┐Żn wrote: > Suddenly some of my keyboard keys stop working. > The keys can for example be "t" "v", it's not all keys > that stop working. Is this an error in m...

Outlook doesn't play any notification sound #2
I first had AOL and it played the youve got mail sound but after I uninstalled it my outlook express never played any email notification sounds and I just installed Outlook 2003 and it does not either. I have outlook receiving mail from an hotmail account. ...

Fill Handle in .NET #2
I am trying to develop a code which handles copy/cut/paste functions in Excel within a macro. I am running into problems identifying when the fill handle is being used. Is there a cutcopy mode or other easy way to identify this? EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice WCF Workflow Services Using External Data Exchange http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/3d49fa0d-a120-4977-842a-6dafb17b6d74/wcf-workflow-services-usi.aspx If you're trying to replicate dragging on the fill handle, you can look at ..filldown, .fillup, .fillright, .fillleft methods in VBA's help. If ...

Split combined date time data #2
From file dump have combined date time cells eg "14/04/03 14:20" (value 37725.59722). Want to perform time analysis so need to split to 2 separate cells; eg. "14/04/2003" (value 37725) & "14:20" (value 0.59722). Is there a fnc to do this? (Currently convert cell to value, then fncs trunc & cell less int(cell) then refmt to date dd/mm/yy & time hh:mm respectively) See one answer in reply to your slightly later post. In article <EDD7065A-E5AA-40AB-BF38-50707E04109B@microsoft.com>, "Mark Ada" <MarkAda@discussions.microsoft.co...

reinstalling Publisher 98 after beta 2003
I had beta 2003 on my computer. I purchased FrontPage 2003, and when I installed it, it wiped out every other Microsoft product - beta office 2003, office 2000, beta publisher 2003, publisher 98. I have had to reinstall all of my old programs. I have removed and reinstalled Publisher 98 4 times, and each time it says I have successfully reinstalled it, but when I try to run it, I get a message that says, "This program needs to be installed. Please run setup from the original location." How can I get this #%@# to work? Suzanne Maybe the installer? What version Windows? The s...

Creating a Publisher 2007 Document in Arabic
Hi, I currently have a business card designed in Publisher 2007. I want to add a reverse side to it and put the same details on the card in Arabic. I'm going to use a Translation Service to translate the text but could someone tell me what configuration changes I need to make in Publisher and/or Windows in order to be able to paste and style the translated text? Thanks Dominic Help, Type Right to Left... The first entry has the requirements. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ <dominic.martin@dtrack.com> wrote in message news:5bb99815-f0f8-4aa3-8a76-b18b6...

mouse cursor #2
Hi, I want to indicate a long process with egg-timer cursor. The problem is to it begin on start with the dialog based application. I start a worker thread from CDialog::OnInit() and want to set mouse cursor. It show a short time but changed back to arrow (I guess the system or MFC set it back). How can I block this function to stay my egg-timer cursor over my dialog till I want? Thanks for any idea Imre >I want to indicate a long process with egg-timer cursor. >The problem is to it begin on start with the dialog based application. >I start a worker thread from CDialog::OnInit() ...

counting embedded text #2
If I format the information with "Valid" or "Not Valid" first followe by an explaination, it works. The other option is to separate th status from the explaination. IE: have a separate column called vali and put a yes or no and count those. I only have about 45 entries s far, so it isn't that big of deal. So far, using the wildcard seems to be working -- Shocke ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Shocked's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1489 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com...