Publisher cannot open the file you specified

Hi
On a new installation of Pub 2003 on XP, when trying to
open a saved file comes up with ' Publisher cannot find
the file you specified. The next dialog box will let you
browse to locate the file on your hard disk or floppy disk'

This seems like a systemic thing, but have run Norton
Windoctor, reinstalled, but no luck, continues to get this
message, or 'unable to open file'.
Any suggestions please
0
kyoung (1)

This is usually a Norton problem, disable "scrip blocking" and maybe in Norton
options, disable "Office Plug-ins."

You receive a "File is not available" error message when you try to open an Office
2003 document
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;835404&Product=pub2003

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"KY" <kyoung@harveynorman.co.nz> wrote in message
> Hi
> On a new installation of Pub 2003 on XP, when trying to
> open a saved file comes up with ' Publisher cannot find
> the file you specified. The next dialog box will let you
> browse to locate the file on your hard disk or floppy disk'
>
> This seems like a systemic thing, but have run Norton
> Windoctor, reinstalled, but no luck, continues to get this
> message, or 'unable to open file'.
> Any suggestions please

0
gsauer (5093)

I have a me machine with an OEM office 97 package. I purchased a stand alone version of publishier 2000. While installing I enter the product code and since I do not have internet on that machine I called got a number, read it back, double checked it etc. typed it in and it says the number is not valid. so I say OK and get into publisher, look at the HELP>ABOUT and it shows my OEM product id. how can I get it to keep the right number? Might try the cleanup utility... Do you still have your 97 disks? When you say Office 97, did this include Publisher 98? This utility works wit...

quick way to combine 2 files?
If you have two excel files, both of which have 3 or 4 worksheets that are all used in lookup routines etc etc, is there an easy way to combine the two into a single file, as I think it won't work just by copying and pasting individual worksheets over in their entirety tks in advance LeeH Lee, With both workbooks open, group the sheets of one workbook (using Ctrl clicks on the tabs) then right click and select Move or Copy and then move them into the other workbook. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Lee Harris web" <lee.harris4@virgin.net> wrote in message news:32c0bd8d.04012...

how to active the ribbon Tab automatically when the form opens[Access 2007]
Dear I built a ribbon tab for a form. It works fine and when the form opening, the ribbon will be loaded fine. But it would be focus (or active) automatically. It still focus in the tab where I set now. Please help.!!urgent.!! Another question: is the callbacks for the ribbon always in Modules? I remember in Access 2003, the callbacks function could be in the form class modules. If all the callbacks should be in the Modules, does it mean we need distinguish which form or report is active now? Thank you very much. Jason Jiang Hi Ribbon is the new command bar system in office 2007...

How do I convert .txt files into .xls in order to be able to sum.
I receive via e-mail a statement that I need to resort by date , purchase order and total by department, etc. The process I have been using is to copy and paste into Excel. However, when I try to sum the $ is will not sum. Is there some other way of converting this statement that I receive via e-mail into Excel, so that I can resort and sum? I am using Excel 2002 and my e-mail browser is Mozilla. You might be able to use File-->Open, and then let the Text Import Wizard help. Otherwise, you could use the "data isn't recognized" fix here: http://www.officearticles.co...

How to read .pst file?
Supposed I have a .pst file that contains mails in Inbox folder. How can I write a program to read the those mails? The program must read from the .pst file without Outlook start-up. Any clue? See my answer in the Exchange newsgroup thread. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "Roger" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:315C7206-100C-416E-88BF-976949AEDE90@microsoft.com....

Calendar in Publishing
I am creating a calendar in Publisher 2003. I am manually inputting my personal important dates, but would like to import general holidays - I couldn't find a template that has them. Are there any? "Snickerdodle" <Snickerdodle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36B8900A-F6E1-4495-967E-85998F45CCE9@microsoft.com... >I am creating a calendar in Publisher 2003. I am manually inputting my > personal important dates, but would like to import general holidays - I > couldn't find a template that has them. Are there any? I don't know the ...

"a document with the name" error on opening file
I'm getting an error message that says "A documents with the name " & filename & " is already open" (where filename is the actual name of the file) when I try to open certain files in Excel 97, when I don't really have a copy of the file in question opens. This error comes up pretty consistantly on one file that lives on a server, but I also get it when I try to open some local files. Anyone have any idea what would cause this & how to fix it? Thanks in advance. Best Jim Hi Jim have a look at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen ...

cannot open entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop The message I get is&quot;Cannot open this database with this version of Entourage&quot;. I have already tried rebuilding the database, doesn't work. Is there anything else you could sugeest? On 2010-06-03 07:27:04 -0400, MacIan@officeformac.com said: > The message I get is"Cannot open this database with this version of > Entourage". I have already tried rebuilding the database, doesn't work. > Is there anything else you could sugeest? Update Entourage...

Printing postcards from publisher 2007
I have given up on duplexing my postcards with mail merge. I made two separate publications and printed the addresses on one side of the cards. Got that to work. Now I'm trying to print the four pages to the one sheet 8 1/2 x 11. It now prints all four copies, minimized into the upper left 1/4 of the paper. How do I get the program to print my postcards full size? Look at my answer in your earlier post. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Judy Gross" <JudyGross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A6D1429-44B0-47A8-ABEB-0C84C2F749F4@microsoft....

File in 2007 form
I was trying the Beta Office 2007 and made the mistake of saving one of you Excel file in the new 2007 form. I really need it back in the 2003 form. Problem: due to a variety of issues, I de-installed the Beta version and went back to 2003 but for got about the one file.. So; are there any utilities that anyone knows of the will convert this file back two 2003 form?? It is a simple Excel file, meaning that there are no clever or fancy formula or macros, just a collection of parts and part numbers gathered over MUCH time surfing various web sites. Any help or advise (beside the obvious....

word attachments on e-mail, docx files, recipient unable to open
I have been sending e-mails as I always have and attaching them in the way I always have, all of a sudden word documents are coming up as docx files and the recipients cannot open them, I have only recently gone onto Vista and microsoft offoce 2007. This has only happened recently with new docs that I have created on the new system. It is frustrating my customers and my hair is now falling out. Please help! That's because Word 2007 saves documents in a new format, .docx, unless told to do otherwise. There are two solutions: 1. Do a "Save As" and save documents in Word 97-...

Changing Free/Busy Publishing Time
I wanted to change our publishing time from two months to 12 months. In order to do this I implimented a group policy that changed this time. The group policy seems to be effective in changing that value, however when it comes to scheduling meetings, only two months are visible. The only way I have found to rectify this is to run Outlook with a /cleanfreebusy switch once. However, it doesn't seem practical to do this across a large number of users. Is there any way I can do this server side to acheive the same effect? Thanks! On 28 Jul 2006 09:40:46 -0700, JamesSKemp@gmail.com wrote: &...

My Account Settings, Icons, Files are "Missing"
Recently, I booted up and discovered that my personalized icons (under my account) had disappeared from the desktop. The Account Name is "Gilxxx" but my data is under "Curxxx" When I looked closer, I was able to see the directory structure in my "Documents and Settings" folders, but none of the files. The files are there, however, as I can play MP3s in Windows Media Player (and they are in my My Music directory). And, when I tried to add new desktop icons to "re-create" my old desktop, Windows tells me that a shortcut with that name alread...

Make Publisher default font and line spacing preferences availabl.
When bringing a mixture of text and graphics (in an ad for example) into one publisher file from another publisher file, publisher automatically changes the font of the imported box to Perpetua and changes the line spacing to 5.96 or something. I am assuming there is a way for this NOT to happen but I can't find it and it's not obvious in any of the help menus. ...

Problem cleaning up temporary files.
This isn't MFC specific so I apologize. I just like the information provided by the regular members of this group. I have an application that has a Rich Edit control. Next to the Rich Edit control is a Print button. To avoid all the details of printing, I decided to save the contents of the control to a RTF file, then do ShellExecuteEx("blahblah.rtf", "print", ...). This works fine. But, I sure would like to remove these temporary files. But I am finding that to be a tricky problem to solve. At first, I thought I would wait for the process started to end. Bu...

Open a Publisher document without having Publisher
Is it possible? Can I convert the publisher doc to something else to then be able to open it? Can't even be done with a crowbar. You need Publisher, version of the same or later version as the pub file. -- Don Vancouver, USA "edd1121" <edd1121@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2C98EFB-1A94-4976-A9FA-9293B4942113@microsoft.com... > Is it possible? Can I convert the publisher doc to something else to then > be > able to open it? What about a BMF hammer? ;-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Don Schmidt" <R...

Virus in .mmd file
Hello, I speek english not well....I know. My anti-virus (norton) find a virus in a .MMD file stored in following folder : C:\Program Files\Microsoft BackOffice\Connectivity\POP3 Connector\InForward\ But the antivirus cannot access to this file, how i can remove this file ??? Thanks Configure NAV to exclude any data directories of Exchange (and other server products), otherwise file-level antivirus might damage databases. Then, in order to protect yourself from viruses, get Exchange-aware antivirus. J�r�my taverne wrote: > Hello, > > I speek english not well....I k...

Publisher File formats
I need to send file in a tif or jpeg format but when I save the file I still get the pub extension after the .tif' Can I not save in anything but pub? Thanks Ray, It would help us to answer your question if you told us which version of Publisher you are using. -- JoAnn Two things are aesthetically perfect in the world - the clock and the cat. --Emile-August Chartier "Ray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:006101c3dc62$7649ce40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I need to send file in a tif or jpeg format but when I > save the f...

attachment is grey cannot open
cannot open attachment. attachment is grey See www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#1 The same applies for WinMail. steve "dravidm" <dravidm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:4290840E-7192-446A-940F-5AEC42A8A55C@microsoft.com... > cannot open attachment. attachment is grey ...

Opening Attachments in Outlook 2000
A recent user of mine complained about opening emails with attachments included while on the road, dialing in over a modem line. He wanted to know if there was any way to just receive the text from the message without having to download the attachments once the email is opened....any suggestions? thanks! He could always use www.mailwasher.net to view mail text only. David "**Jeff" <jlemay@artel.com> wrote in message news:0be301c35c23$964d3980$a401280a@phx.gbl... > A recent user of mine complained about opening emails with > attachments included while on the roa...

how do I stop PERSONAL.XLSB from showing every time XL opens?
This workbook comes up every time I open XL - then I have to create a new workbook. How can I stop this workbook from opening automatically? I am using Office 2007. hi if the personal.xlsb is in the xl start folder, it will open with xl. it should open hidden so try hidding it. the personal.xlsb workbook should contain all of your personal macros and stuff that you want available at all times, hidden in the background. if not then remove the workbook from the xl start folder. regards FSt1 "Kerry S" wrote: > This workbook comes up every time I open XL -...

dc as a file server
is it bad practice to have your dc as a file server as well. 100 people or less. One dc is Exchange and the other is the file server. Just wondering if I should put a member server in and move the file server over to that one? any thoughts appreciated. Not necessarily. This is common for branch offices to use the DC as the office file server also hth DDS "joe schmo" <joeschmo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3332409F-9184-4A3F-9DB3-1E8B57591C08@microsoft.com... > is it bad practice to have your dc as a file server as well. 100 peo...

tail or other realtime monitors for SMTPSVC exyymmdd.log files?
I'm trying to find an inexpensive way to spot-check / monitor the various log files in realtime for my Exchange environment of 2000 and 2003. I have tried a handful of "tail" implementations and all of them seem to work to a certain degree but none of them are able to successfully keep monitoring the text files that Exchange updates as part of the SMTPSVC. I'm using the W3C format and when I "tail" these files, it won't keep updating properly as new data is appended to the end of this file. Is anyone else monitoring their logs in realtime and if so, what util...

overlaping dates in two files
MS Money 2001 deluxe on Windows XP Pro I archived my 2004 accounts and never balanced them. I decided i needed to and now have two files, both .mny files with 2003Archive.mny is from 1/2002 to 12/2004 Active2005.mny is from 1/2004 to present. I'd like to combine them into one file so I can balance the accounts (three main accounts) because my statements are not ending nicely on the end of the month. Please recommend the best method so I can balance the accounts. I think I need to conbine the files or somehow get the months that are now balanced in the 2003Archive.mny file to give...

Access 2003 Security Message On Open
All, I have approximately 15 databases that I am about to migrate to Access 2003 from 2000. I do not want the security message to appear every time one of my users logs on to the database. Registry changes and digital signatures are out of the question. If I put Application.AutomationSecurity = msoAutomationSecurityLow on open of my start up form will this prevent the warning message? Is there something I can put in the windows shortcut to turn this off? I have seen some suggestions were it is mentioned to call a script that calls the database to open in low security mode. Is this nec...