Publisher cannot open the file error 1100009

A client is using 2007 publisher to open a file created in 2003, which works
fine. 2007 throws "Publisher cannot open the file". Pressing CTRL+SHIFT+I
shows error code 1100009.

I have searched for a while, and tried the following:

1. Installed hotfix: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972566/. But it says it
is already installed.

2. Added PromptForBadFiles registry key. But the error message is the same.

3. Installed all latest Microsoft updates.

The environment is  Windows 2008 Terminal Server using Office 2007
Enterprise SP2. I have also tried this on Windows 7 Enterprise with Office
2007 Ultimate SP2, and I receive the same problem. I am unable to try it on
SP1 or lower except for the client's 2003 version which works fine.

From what I understand, 972566 SHOULD have fixed my problem, but it did not.

Please Advise,

Regards.

Maybe some help here,

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198256

or here,

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928890/en-us

--
Don - Publisher 2000�
Vancouver, USA

"James Winterburn" <James Winterburn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:7632C899-3683-4154-880D-E0F5705AB54D@microsoft.com...
>A client is using 2007 publisher to open a file created in 2003, which
>works
> fine. 2007 throws "Publisher cannot open the file". Pressing CTRL+SHIFT+I
> shows error code 1100009.
>
> I have searched for a while, and tried the following:
>
> 1. Installed hotfix: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972566/. But it says
> it
> is already installed.
>
> 2. Added PromptForBadFiles registry key. But the error message is the
> same.
>
> 3. Installed all latest Microsoft updates.
>

> The environment is  Windows 2008 Terminal Server using Office 2007
> Enterprise SP2. I have also tried this on Windows 7 Enterprise with Office
> 2007 Ultimate SP2, and I receive the same problem. I am unable to try it
> on
> SP1 or lower except for the client's 2003 version which works fine.
>
> From what I understand, 972566 SHOULD have fixed my problem, but it did
> not.
>
> Please Advise,
>
> Regards.

0
Engineer5094 (821)
10/27/2009 4:57:23 PM
Hi Don,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried the registry fix, and I receive the same error.

As for the second link, this file is not corrupted since it opens correctly
on older versions of publisher.

Regards,

James

"Don Schmidt" wrote:

> Maybe some help here,
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198256
>
> or here,

> Don - Publisher 2000®
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "James Winterburn" <James Winterburn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:7632C899-3683-4154-880D-E0F5705AB54D@microsoft.com...
> >A client is using 2007 publisher to open a file created in 2003, which
> >works
> > fine. 2007 throws "Publisher cannot open the file". Pressing CTRL+SHIFT+I
> > shows error code 1100009.
> >
> > I have searched for a while, and tried the following:
> >
> > 1. Installed hotfix: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972566/. But it says
> > it
> > is already installed.
> >
> > 2. Added PromptForBadFiles registry key. But the error message is the
> > same.
> >
> > 3. Installed all latest Microsoft updates.
> >

> > The environment is  Windows 2008 Terminal Server using Office 2007
> > Enterprise SP2. I have also tried this on Windows 7 Enterprise with Office
> > 2007 Ultimate SP2, and I receive the same problem. I am unable to try it
> > on
> > SP1 or lower except for the client's 2003 version which works fine.
> >
> > From what I understand, 972566 SHOULD have fixed my problem, but it did
> > not.
> >
> > Please Advise,
> >
> > Regards.
>

> .

Do you have Norton?
How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us

There was a suggestion that opening the file as the administrator may work.
Right click the file in Windows Explorer...

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"James Winterburn" <JamesWinterburn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:1920820A-C439-4250-BA89-C6FAAC217C27@microsoft.com...
> Hi Don,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I tried the registry fix, and I receive the same error.
>
> As for the second link, this file is not corrupted since it opens
> correctly
> on older versions of publisher.
>
> Regards,
>
> James
>
> "Don Schmidt" wrote:
>
>> Maybe some help here,
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198256
>>
>> or here,

>> --
>> Don - Publisher 2000®
>> Vancouver, USA
>>

>> "James Winterburn" <James Winterburn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:7632C899-3683-4154-880D-E0F5705AB54D@microsoft.com...
>> >A client is using 2007 publisher to open a file created in 2003, which
>> >works
>> > fine. 2007 throws "Publisher cannot open the file". Pressing
>> > CTRL+SHIFT+I
>> > shows error code 1100009.
>> >
>> > I have searched for a while, and tried the following:
>> >
>> > 1. Installed hotfix: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972566/. But it
>> > says
>> > it
>> > is already installed.
>> >
>> > 2. Added PromptForBadFiles registry key. But the error message is the
>> > same.
>> >
>> > 3. Installed all latest Microsoft updates.
>> >

>> > The environment is  Windows 2008 Terminal Server using Office 2007
>> > Enterprise SP2. I have also tried this on Windows 7 Enterprise with
>> > Office
>> > 2007 Ultimate SP2, and I receive the same problem. I am unable to try
>> > it
>> > on
>> > SP1 or lower except for the client's 2003 version which works fine.
>> >
>> > From what I understand, 972566 SHOULD have fixed my problem, but it did
>> > not.
>> >
>> > Please Advise,
>> >
>> > Regards.
>>

>> .

0
mary.sauer (2018)

MS Money 95 data files

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

Where is the workspace file stored?

Linker Error after upgrade from VC7.1

cant start outlook pst file to large

Opening Excel Workbooks

Planned Open Market Days

error 0x800cc0f

opening .bak file

Trying to read XML file into dataset

error on upgrade: ID 4386

Publisher Not Responding
I installed MS Office Small Business. Excel and Publisher are locking up as soon as I try to do anything. When I CRTL ALT DEL the programs are "not responding." Is there a file that could be missing. I remember something about a kernel file from MS Office 98. I would apppreciate your help. Thanks. Have you installed the service packs? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

DNS Error on Exchange

why are links to websites (inserted in publisher documents) disab.
why are links to websites and e-mailadresses (inserted in publisher documents) still working in emailpreview but disabled in webpage preview? ...

Error After Customizing 'Accounts' Form
Hello. Earlier today, I created an onSave event along with some other customizations for a tab in the 'Accounts' form. After becoming comfortable with my changes, I published the form and tested with a small Account that we do not access much. One of my fields was planned to be read-only, but I had it writable for a test. When I typed a value into the field and saved, I received an error and I can no longer open the specific account. I found the problem with the custom field and fixed it. However, I am still unable to open that one account. Here is the error I received: ...

Installation Error Message
I am attemting to install CRM4 or W2003 server running SQL 2008. I get the following message: Setup requires SQL Server Reporting Services 2005 Hotfix for role creation on SQL Reporting Service SP2 Workgroup edition at the specified Reporting Services Report Server http://XXXXX/reportserver. It is asking for SQL2005 hotfix yet I am running SQl2008. Any suggestions? ...

Workplan in Publisher
Whenever a plan is produced for specific purpose what are the steps you need to follow to ensure tasks are completed.I need to outline 5 steps to create the publications. You're wasting time...you coulda been done by now. "thinking" <thinking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BED3E253-2EC0-4CD1-84F4-824282E736AC@microsoft.com... | Whenever a plan is produced for specific purpose what are the steps you need | to follow to ensure tasks are completed.I need to outline 5 steps to create | the publications. thinking <thinking@discussions.microsoft....