Publisher cannot open the file (ctrl-shift-i code = 1100009)

I have big problem..I spend more than one year to make a website, now
suddenly i cant open it anymore :S. Its not my security i checked that...

So if someone could help me ..I would be very thankfull.
0
Hafsah (1)

Outlook 2003 pst file not readable by Outlook 2000!
Hello Don't know if I was doing something wrong but I copied a pst file from Outlook 2003 to a machine running Outlook 2000 and it complained that data file was not compatible or something. Is this normal for newer version pst files to not be compatible with earlier version Outlook? Angus Of course. That's been exhaustively documented. If you want to create a PST file that will be backwards compatible in Outlook 2003, you must do so expressly. File > New > Outlook Data File > Outlook 97-2002 -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Angus Comber" <nospam@gmail.com&...

File transfer
Please help In moving files from one computer to another, the pages appear shrunk (all row heighths are smaller even though the number of height did not change) when opened on the new computer. Both have Office 2000 and I tried using the file transfer wizard and moving them manually. I have six year of data that is screwed up!! Mr Rubble, It isn't likely that the file transfer messed it up, but that some difference in the systems is causing this problem. It isn't clear what your problem is. Are you talking about the appearance on the screen (as opposed to print or print prev...

select and copy files
I have a table that has following fields: 1) account number 2)assiciated file name and 3) description of file 4) file path. Filenames are formatted as account number with 2 digit alphanumeric code following (i.e. 12345a2, 67890b1) table has approximately 300,000 records each associated with one of 130,000 unique account numbers. Goal is to select and copy to new destination only those files associated with a subset (approc 100,000) of 130,000 unique account numbers. Inversely, I could copy all 300,000 files then select and delete those associated with the 30,000 account numbers. any...

Access Database Files Are Blocked
After downloaded a security patch I can no longer receive Access database file as attachements (MDB Files). Does anyone know a workaround? Jack Depends on the version and Service Patch but check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "Jack Henslee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:117e901c3f4be$6e950790$a501280a@phx.gbl... > After downloaded a security patch I can no longer receive > Access database file as attachements (MDB Files). Does > anyone know a workaround? > > Jack ...

opening forwarded mail
I have looked through all my setting and still can't figure this one out. When someone forwards me a message that they received, i will sometimes get it as a small envelope (attachment). When I double click on it, nothing happens. When I save it to my desktop, it isn't recognized. But, when I open it with my webmail there isn't a problem. I can double click on pictures and they open fine, but not these types of email. Does anyone have anything they can assist with so I don't always have to go through my webmail? Thanks, Sam dreamer <safer@home.net> wrote: >...

Attached file problem
Outlook 2003 refuses to open an attachment sent to me with the name Confirmation.rtf giving out the message: "Cannot create file: Confirmation.rtf. Right click the folder you want to create the file in and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder." However if the same file is sent with a different name (say confirm.rtf) then Outlook is quite happy to open it! I have hundreds of emails in my Sent Items folder each with an attachment called Confirmation.rtf - could this be the cause of the problem? Incidentally I can't open any of...

Sending publisher to professional printers
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with two concerns I have about sending a file to professional printers. The item I am trying to print is a A6 sized postcard. 1. I have a problem with my desktop printer when I test print the card as it chops of the bottom cm or so. However, I have set up the file with the exact shape the printers require (A6 size with a 3mm bleed in every direction). The file appears OK on the screen, and I assume that that is how a professional printer will make it look. Am I correct in thinking this? 2. A bigger issue is the file type. I ...

looking for a script to make a Distribution List from a text file
Does anyone have a script for making a new Distribution List from a text file, or CSV file? I created larger dist lists by using adduser. Then, once the group is created, I mail enable it. "BwiseIT" wrote: > Does anyone have a script for making a new Distribution List from a text > file, or CSV file? > > > ...

Can Publisher create professional books?
Hi, I've been told that Publisher can't really format professional books and to try a Tex variation. Wondering about opinions on this. I don't want people to be able to distinguish any difference between a book I publish and any other book in a bookstore. Also, what version of Publisher is recomended for this? I am using one for Win95 and it can't suppress headers on final pages, which makes for stupid looking end pages. Do later versions have significant improvements for the book publisher and what are they? Thanks for your help. Robert -- -- Robert Pearson ParaMind B...

Get external data locks csv file
I have a scenerio where I am querying a csv file off from a network drive using excel. This file is appended with information written by another computer. When I import a text file using a database query with the microsoft text driver I intermittently experience a permission denied on the computer writing to this csv file. There is no need for excel to lock the csv file qhen querying (as I am not writing to the file). I modified the DSN file to add readonly=1 which did not work. How can I resolve this issue? Thanks for your help. Dustin ...

Slowness in transfering EMAILs between Exchange and local PST files with Outlook 2007
I'm not sure if others are seeing a similiar issue, but it routinely takes 10-15 seconds to move EMAILs between the Exchange and local PST files. This issue is not dependent on the size of attachment. I do have a relatively large local PST file over 2GB, but the Exchange file is relatively small. I have turned off the McAfee EMAIL scanner and so no improvement. Does anybody have ideas? Regards, Scott ...

Publisher 2007 Can i make a calender with holidays already on it?
IS there a way to make a calender in Publisher 2007 that already has holidays in it? I have a no frills 2009 calendar on my website with the holidays. http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm Scroll down a little. Adding holidays is a manual operation in Publisher. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Jaci" <Jaci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BB20065-41A5-479F-85E1-C4E91112ECBD@microsoft.com... > IS there a way to make a calender in Publisher 2007 that already has holidays > in it? ...

Publisher 2003 Installation
We are wanting to upgrade our existing Publisher 98 to Publisher 2003. Can we install Publisher 2003 on two seperate computers within our home or do we need to buy two copies of the program? Two copies. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "John" <dg4b@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:28722BAD-C90B-42F1-9538-306BCD7CB637@microsoft.com... > We are wanting to upgrade our existing Publisher 98 to Publisher 2003. > Can > we install Publisher 2003 on two seperate computers within our home or do > we > need to buy two copies of the program? JoAnn ...

MS Publisher
My brother sent me a paper that was written using ms publisher, but when I open it all I can display is the front page. Do I have to use the side bar to view each page? What version of Publisher do you have. You should see a small representation of pages at the bottom (right-ish) portion of the screen, clicking on the page numbers will display that page. CTRL-Pg Up/Down will also changes pages. -- James Bart: "According to creationism, there were no cavemen." Homer: "Well good riddance, their drawings sucked and they all looked like hippies!" "...

missing files necessary for Chinese translation
I am using a Hong Kong version of Office 2007 Professional that enables translation between traditional and simplified Chinese. Lately, I have encoutered problem with the error message of "Word cannot proceed as more than one file necessary for TC/SC translation is missing". I have tried reloading the software, but to no avail. Any advice from experienced users would be much appreicated. ...

Code not working as expected
Excel 2007, XP Pro. Once agin I request your much appreciated assistance with an Excel "funny": The following code appears to run and the rest of the macro runs without any errors. However the data is NOT pasted into the cells D14 and D8 respectively. If I step through using F8 then it works, but when the macro is run using the control button it does not. No error message, just does not paste the data. Help!!! Windows("SCHOOL_MAIN_MENU.xlsm").Activate Range("K33:L33").Select Application.CutCopyMode = False Selection.Copy Windo...

Automatically include new code.
It would be nice to have a dex.ini option to have the system not prompt when including code from a new (or updated) chunk file. This way we could push updates to our clients and not deal with the support calls (which we'll get even if we send out an email ahead of time telling them to click "yes" when prompted). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open ...

Combining 2 Publisher Files Into 1
Is this possible? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Phil. Open one file, then run Publisher again open the second file. Both files are open. Add the pages you need to add the pages from the file you want to combine. Copy, paste from one file to the other. Save, you're done. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:185901c49c1d$60824030$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is this possible? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. > > Phil. Phil wrote: > Is this possible? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. &...

Web link to Excel file
I'm trying to link to an Excel 97 file from a ColdFusion web page. The first time I click the link, the file opens fine in the browser (I.E. 5.5). If I close the file and click the link again, I get a message stating 'filename.xls is currently being modified by "my user name here". Open as read only?'. I can still open the file as read only, but am wondering why I get this message, because I'm not making any modifications. I've had other people try this link, and they get the same thing, except it tells them that they're the one modifying the fi...

problem Opening jpg's only
Recently, in Outlook 2003, I noticed that I can';t open and view jpg's anymore. Other attachements (mpg, pdf) are fine. I get the message: 'The system cannot find the file specified' I can save the file to disk and can view it easily just by clicking on it. It happens whether McAfee antivirus is enabled or disabled. I don't think it is level 1 attachments which are being blocked as in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 829982. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks Craig I am having the same issue. Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks Jeremy >-----Original M...

Shared User Issue When Opening Database
I have an issue this afternoon which, I feel probably isn't directly related to Access, but would be grateful for guidance if anyone has experienced this before. I have a database (default open mode - shared) which, this afternoon, won't allow a second user to open it. If a second user tries to open the database a message box is displayed quoting the path of the database file plus "The parameter is incorrect" The database is located on a shared folder on our network. Thanks for any assistance. Dave ONLY the data should be on a shared folder, not th...

Publisher for Mac?
If there is not a Publisher for Mac, what would work? maestrolaw wrote: > If there is not a Publisher for Mac, what would work? Running Publisher for Windows in Microsoft Virtual PC would work. If you have a MacTel, you could wait until a version of VPC supporting Mac comes out, or use Boot Camp, or use one of the other PC virtualisation apps for Mac. Alternatively, you could try Scribus (an open-source DTP application; the Aqua version is available from http://www.scribus.net/index.php?name=Sections&req=viewarticle&artid=3&page=1 Failing that, you're looking at mor...

Wrong colors keep printing when I use publisher. Why?
Can't seem to figure this out. Green prints out as purple, blue prints out as green...why? How can I correct it? It is probably your printer driver. What version Publisher? Are other applications printing okay? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "BA1976" <BA1976@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3DEE307-6C6C-4FF7-BAC4-CF816DB47C8B@microsoft.com... > Can't seem to figure this out. Green prints out as purple, blue prints out as > green...why? How can I correct it? Thanks!...

unwanted Lines and characters showing up in publisher documents
When I open a document made in Publisher 2000, unwanted characters and lines appear next to the text. When I go to print the document the characters do not show up in the print but they are not all erasable as they appear in the document Is this a new occurance? Have you tried updating your video drivers? Publisher can do some really strange things because of video driver issues. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "cc" <cc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:471001c4905f$da81d090$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I open a document made in Publisher ...

Problem with ActiveSheet code
What can I do to get this code to work? Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() IF ActiveSheet range("E2").Value>0 then OptionButton2.Visible = False End Sub You need a dot between ActiveSheet and Range... If ActiveSheet.Range("E2").Value > 0 Then... -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "ordnance1" <ordnance1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:uFYfRrLhKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > What can I do to get this code to work? > > > Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() > > IF ActiveSheet range("E2").Value>0 then ...